Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
D.C. Douglas was talking about how happy he was about some VA gig a few of months ago on twitter, while being conspicuously secretive about what it actually was.

I immediately assumed Wesker was going to be in RE:R2.

Renoistic posted:

Jake's campaign in RE6 was pretty entertaining but the avalanche and bike sections were pure bullshit. The bike section a little less so once I learned to use the breaks more often. It seems like the campaign would be a nightmare in coop. The final boss fight was pretty fun but REALLY easy, especially compared to Chris'.

My favorite part was playing hide and seek with random Agent Hunt players in the big dumb Chinese mansion. Well, that and going Fist of the North Star on the Ustanak.

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Will Revelations 2 have Raid mode when the first Episode releases this week or will it be unlocked later on?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Jeedy Jay posted:

D.C. Douglas was talking about how happy he was about some VA gig a few of months ago on twitter, while being conspicuously secretive about what it actually was.

I immediately assumed Wesker was going to be in RE:R2.

Douglas is great. I keep wanting them to throw some Wesker lines into Rescue Bots for him, but they haven't yet.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

GUI posted:

Will Revelations 2 have Raid mode when the first Episode releases this week or will it be unlocked later on?
Unless it's changed, you will get Raid mode, but not with multiplayer until all the main episodes have been released. :psyduck:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
As someone who never really has played Mercenaries or Raid mode (whatever that is), would the complete version of Revelations 2 be worth the extra cost?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

As someone who never really has played Mercenaries or Raid mode (whatever that is), would the complete version of Revelations 2 be worth the extra cost?

If you intend to play multiplayer with a friend then yeah raid mode can be a lot of fun and worth it. Otherwise I don't really think it'll be worth it single player.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

limited posted:

Unless it's changed, you will get Raid mode, but not with multiplayer until all the main episodes have been released. :psyduck:

Weirdly, it will have local coop, just not Internet coop at launch. Which is annoying because I'm sure you won't be able to transfer player 2's raid progress to a different system, meaning it may as well not have coop if you were planning on playing using two systems.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Expect lots of memes and throwback references in the first episode of Revelations 2.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is it any fun to play? Thinking of picking it up after I beat RE6 today. I tried playing Mercenaries but I just can't get into it, the same as the Mercenaries mode in 4. I HATE having to run around looking for those time extending things. Why not just let me fight the monsters?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

If you're good enough at counters, you don't actually need the time-extenders in RE6.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm loving rev 2 so far. After the disappointment of playing 6 at launch, episode 1 is so far hitting all the right notes for me. About the only thing I miss is on the ground shooting. Also are the cutscenes just using player models and a warm color filter? I like the gameplay cold tone a lot more.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

OxMan posted:

I'm loving rev 2 so far. After the disappointment of playing 6 at launch, episode 1 is so far hitting all the right notes for me. About the only thing I miss is on the ground shooting. Also are the cutscenes just using player models and a warm color filter? I like the gameplay cold tone a lot more.

I loved the ground shooting and dodging everywhere in RE6, but I guess the gameplay in Rev 2 is a bit more slow-paced? Is there a dodge? How's the melee when compared to the older games? I didn't play Rev 1.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Renoistic posted:

I loved the ground shooting and dodging everywhere in RE6, but I guess the gameplay in Rev 2 is a bit more slow-paced? Is there a dodge? How's the melee when compared to the older games? I didn't play Rev 1.

Yeah there's a dodge, it's quite a bit easier to pull off than Rev 1's dodge move too. You've got quite a bit of mobility, not quite RE 6 levels of mobility but not too far off it. The first episode is playing out like a remimagining of Code Veronica too, kind of interested to see where they take things.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Renoistic posted:

I don't know that I'd call the pace slower, just different. There is a 4 way dodge you can activate with direction + circle. The melee is hitting R2 by itself for knife slashes, it's somewhere between RE4 and code Veronica for the feel, but you will be slicing a lot to conserve ammo. You also have L1 + r2 for quick use grenades and other offensive items.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

OxMan posted:

I don't know that I'd call the pace slower, just different. There is a 4 way dodge you can activate with direction + circle. The melee is hitting R2 by itself for knife slashes, it's somewhere between RE4 and code Veronica for the feel, but you will be slicing a lot to conserve ammo. You also have L1 + r2 for quick use grenades and other offensive items.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah there's a dodge, it's quite a bit easier to pull off than Rev 1's dodge move too. You've got quite a bit of mobility, not quite RE 6 levels of mobility but not too far off it. The first episode is playing out like a remimagining of Code Veronica too, kind of interested to see where they take things.

Thanks! Sounds pretty promising to me. Is this just the first chapter with Claire or does include one of the bonus chapters as well?

EDIT: Does anyone know what the DLC costumes are? Not sure I'm willing to spend the extra cash just for some costumes and Wesker.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 24, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Dang did the Steam release always say Feb25th? I thought it would be out sometime today so I could play it tonight.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Greenmangaming has Rev 2 for 25% off for the day (for both regular and deluxe versions). Use 25OFFR-ESEVIL-REVEL2 at checkout.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

So just to be clear even if I did the whole ps4 preorder deal there is still no way to play online co-op correct?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

ApexAftermath posted:

So just to be clear even if I did the whole ps4 preorder deal there is still no way to play online co-op correct?

Not until everything is out, correct.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

How are the melee options in Rev 2? I felt the melee options in Rev 1 were sort of boring.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can't believe I have to wait till tomorrow to play Rev 2, can't even pre-load the game on steam. :ughh:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Just bought resident evil for the wii (as it was £5) is it just a straight up port of the GameCube one only with use of Wii controllers?

I know the REmake HD has the option to play with 'modern controls' as opposed to Tank movement but for £5 as opposed to £10-15 I think I got a good deal, right? Right?? :ohdear:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The PS4 version of Rev 2 is starting to be streamed on twitch if anyone wants to check it out. Looks pretty good so far.

http://www.twitch.tv/carcinogensda

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
is there a stream that doesn't have a nerd in the corner? why do streams do that? its weird

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

is there a stream that doesn't have a nerd in the corner? why do streams do that? its weird
I believe it originally spawned from a whole bunch of psuedo-psychological marketing guff about how people are more willing to subscribe / part with their money when they can see a actual face behind the screen-name and voice. Unfortunately the face is either usually over-reacting dramatically into the camera, or just someone sitting slack-jawed staring at their monitor.

It's similar to how some websites fill their game trailer videos with some twat who's cornered a dev for a interview for 75% of the time instead of actually showcasing the game they're talking about, because that makes it more like 'SRS VIDEOGAEM JOURNALISM' because they do actual live interviews like the journalists on the TV guys! :downs: Despite 90% of the audience not giving a poo poo if it was a goldfish in a bowl talking, and wishing they could see more goddamn game footage.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Trick Question posted:

How are the melee options in Rev 2? I felt the melee options in Rev 1 were sort of boring.

There's no RE6 combo system or anything like that, just skills and perks that make it faster or let you charge it. There's also a running slash. You can get some real fly like a butterfly flail like a bee setups going.

There's also an ability that gives your (multitude of equippable/unlockable) emotes damage.

Renoistic posted:

Thanks! Sounds pretty promising to me. Is this just the first chapter with Claire or does include one of the bonus chapters as well?

Episode 1 is one chapter as Claire, and 1 as Barry.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 25, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Every chapter is going to be 1 Claire and 1 Barry.

The gimmick is that Barry's chapters are set ~6 months after Claire's and things that Claire does in her chapter change Barry's chapter. It seems like spinning the flame turret in Claire's chapter forces Barry to find a way around it for example.

Claire is teamed with Moira. Moira has a crowbar and a flashlight. The crowbar is a solid melee weapon and she can stun and dispatch enemies with it. The flashlight stuns enemies if you light them up long enough. When playing as Moira Claire will automatically do a follow-up stun on the enemies if you do that.

Barry is teamed with a little girl. The little girl has no weapons but can pick up bricks off the ground to throw/bash zombie heads in with and can 'sense' enemies. Her big gimmick is that she can see enemies through walls and also see the glowing weak points on enemies while Barry can't.

You can swap between the two characters at will or play offline split-screen co-op. Despite the fact that the game is cooperative as poo poo there isn't any online co-op at all. Your non-played character can take damage but I don't know if they can die. (I didn't see it happen at least.)

It follows the Revelations split-scenario concept. Barry's scenario is a little more action-heavy. (He begins with a machine gun and magnum in addition to Samurai Edge.) I suspect that'll continue. That said Moira is more combat capable and Barry's partner focuses on stealth more so it's more balanced than Revelations was.

One major thing I will say: Due to the way single-player setup works you will be spending a bare minimum of time playing Barry and Claire, at least in the first chapters. The second characters have far more useful walking-around abilities (flashing/enemy sense) and also have the ability to see hidden objects Barry and Claire don't.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How's the gameplay? I thought Rev 1 felt stiff and very much like the portable game it was. Enemy attack reactions were lacking and dodging was terrible, neither did I care for the lackluster weapon and upgrade system; I thought it was pretty shoddy overall. People were saying Rev 2 plays more like a title halfway between 5 and 6? That sounds like a huge upgrade.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

How's the gameplay? I thought Rev 1 felt stiff and very much like the portable game it was. Enemy attack reactions were lacking and dodging was terrible, neither did I care for the lackluster weapon and upgrade system; I thought it was pretty shoddy overall. People were saying Rev 2 plays more like a title halfway between 5 and 6? That sounds like a huge upgrade.

It's like Revelations but with more emphasis on some RE4/5/6 style mechanics. Enemy reactions are re-emphasized. (The enemies in Claire's campaign are basically Ganados, the enemies in Barry's are either RE6-style zombies or hidden-weak-point enemies.) You have a manual dodge now instead of a weird timed-press dodge. The weapon upgrade system appears basically unchanged.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

OxMan posted:

There's no RE6 combo system or anything like that, just skills and perks that make it faster or let you charge it. There's also a running slash. You can get some real fly like a butterfly flail like a bee setups going.
Well, that's not great, though I sort of understand why they would make that change, considering it's meant to be a horror game.

quote:

There's also an ability that gives your (multitude of equippable/unlockable) emotes damage.
That sounds rad as gently caress, you just sold me this game.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Does revelations 2 have campaign co-op?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rikimaru posted:

Does revelations 2 have campaign co-op?

Yes.

Anyone know if there is a chance in hell this will be cross buy for the vita or when the Vita version is getting a release? I'm liking it, but I almost kind of wish I waited for the portable version. Haven't played Raid mode in 2 yet but I played it for like 40 hours on my 3ds. It was a really good game to chill on the couch and play in front of some bad TV show.

Also, is it even coming to 3DS? It looks like it isn't, but I've seen promo stuff for a 3DS version so...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not coming to 3DS. It's only coming to Vita because Sony's handling the port, apparently.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Played through the first episode, it was mostly pretty solid but the last combat encounter in Claire/Moira's part was like pulling teeth for me, but I think that was because I was starving myself of potential ammo/healing by not realizing that there were special supply boxes that only Moira could crowbar open.

If I'm being entirely honest, it feels like the game was more designed for RAID mode than the main campaign, but the trailer for episode 2 has got me hoping that it'll open up a bit and I'll be proven wrong.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
I felt a really Alan Wake feel to this game. I like the way the game feels as a more tense less intense game so far. Dodging still feels weird as sometimes I can avoid a grab, but maybe its because I am drunk playing this and key board controls for this game kinda suck. Oh, if you think I didn't like it, I like this game so far. I still think the episodic format is kinda poo poo though. I rather have a full game I can drunkenly play through.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anybody play local coop in story mode yet?
Kinda curious how much fun it is to play as the other character since gonna be playing this with the bf.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Every chapter is going to be 1 Claire and 1 Barry.

The gimmick is that Barry's chapters are set ~6 months after Claire's and things that Claire does in her chapter change Barry's chapter. It seems like spinning the flame turret in Claire's chapter forces Barry to find a way around it for example.

Claire is teamed with Moira. Moira has a crowbar and a flashlight. The crowbar is a solid melee weapon and she can stun and dispatch enemies with it. The flashlight stuns enemies if you light them up long enough. When playing as Moira Claire will automatically do a follow-up stun on the enemies if you do that.

Barry is teamed with a little girl. The little girl has no weapons but can pick up bricks off the ground to throw/bash zombie heads in with and can 'sense' enemies. Her big gimmick is that she can see enemies through walls and also see the glowing weak points on enemies while Barry can't.

You can swap between the two characters at will or play offline split-screen co-op. Despite the fact that the game is cooperative as poo poo there isn't any online co-op at all. Your non-played character can take damage but I don't know if they can die. (I didn't see it happen at least.)

It follows the Revelations split-scenario concept. Barry's scenario is a little more action-heavy. (He begins with a machine gun and magnum in addition to Samurai Edge.) I suspect that'll continue. That said Moira is more combat capable and Barry's partner focuses on stealth more so it's more balanced than Revelations was.

One major thing I will say: Due to the way single-player setup works you will be spending a bare minimum of time playing Barry and Claire, at least in the first chapters. The second characters have far more useful walking-around abilities (flashing/enemy sense) and also have the ability to see hidden objects Barry and Claire don't.

There will be, it's just Capcom in a fit of usual stupidity will only enable online co-op when all of the episodes are out.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Toxsyl posted:

I felt a really Alan Wake feel to this game. I like the way the game feels as a more tense less intense game so far. Dodging still feels weird as sometimes I can avoid a grab, but maybe its because I am drunk playing this and key board controls for this game kinda suck. Oh, if you think I didn't like it, I like this game so far. I still think the episodic format is kinda poo poo though. I rather have a full game I can drunkenly play through.
You're probably getting the feel because one of the character's main mechanics is exactly the same as Alan Wake - Shine a light on poo poo until it's vulnerable and kill it. Just that you have to switch character to shoot anything. :downsgun:

The episodic thing might either be a product of a few things, looking back. Either someone looked at Telltale's way of doing business and saw dollar signs, OR the game is going to possibly nose-dive in quality, so they're banking on the season-pass, and not-poo poo episodes suckering people in.

I'm still planning on buying it when it comes out in full for raid mode though. You win again Capcom. :argh:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

limited posted:

You're probably getting the feel because one of the character's main mechanics is exactly the same as Alan Wake - Shine a light on poo poo until it's vulnerable and kill it. Just that you have to switch character to shoot anything. :downsgun:

The episodic thing might either be a product of a few things, looking back. Either someone looked at Telltale's way of doing business and saw dollar signs, OR the game is going to possibly nose-dive in quality, so they're banking on the season-pass, and not-poo poo episodes suckering people in.

I'm still planning on buying it when it comes out in full for raid mode though. You win again Capcom. :argh:

The episodes are released weekly though, I doubt the quality is going to change much between each episode though the last episode could change a little bit.

Still baffled that we're getting a episodic release at all release when they release each week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Uh, so when will Steam allow me to download this? It's 7 AM where I'm at. Didn't this unlock a few hours ago?