Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
See? This is why I shouldn't sleep. I miss all the wedding preparations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

my dad posted:

I just remembered something: 40k Commissars aren't allowed to marry.

Source: Ciaphas Cain books

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I suppose he'll be discharged by the commissariat, but he still would have influance with the guard.
I guess we'll have to satisfy ourselves with marrying plain old General Fabiyan, who happens to still have a badass hat because you'll pry that out of his dead fingers

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I even bought a cake and ice cream and chips to celebrate.

Specifically, to celebrate my birthday which was postponed due to family illness

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It has been suggested that we play a version of this at the wedding, perhaps while staring at Devries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I'd like to take an unexpected direction and break bread with Devries.

"I would never regard you as a friend nor you me, however we both can see that the family can't afford more losses of leaders."
"And of course with the inquisition around, this is no time for fighting"

"so here we stand, in mutual respect and admiration."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PEsR1fdGTA

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 25, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

It has been suggested that we play a version of this at the wedding, perhaps while staring at Devries.

The best part is it already exists as an instrumental version, we just need to slow it down a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZnAVbyhoOQ

Edit: Or this, unironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeOXN39ZmSI

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 25, 2015

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

+1 wedding

If Lowell didn't want to write about a meat puppet funeral-wedding then wouldn't have included that particular historical precedent :colbert:

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 25, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

my dad posted:

I'm sure the Commissariat is flexible enough to make an exception or to find a loophole if it means one of their own is potentially the next heir to a Warrant. Besides its not a marriage, its a civil union that confers the same legal status as a marriage but is totally not the same thing and if you disagree then the scary looking guy over there with the hat and the bolt pistol is going to be really, really upset with you.

That's assuming our dashing commissar says yes though. Being stuck on a spaceship surrounded by inlaws wanting to do you in isn't exactly something you'd agree to over a simple crush.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Marry Fabulous.

Athena would understand.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Oh, wow, 360 posts I missed? What the hell happ--

Goons posted:

Wedding Madness

Oh for god'sOmnissiah's sake.

+1 Sanity. There is a time and a place for "wacky shenanigans" like overly-melodramatic wedding declarations, and immediately prior to an Inquisitorial Conclave where we are going to be judged, probably to a death sentence if we gently caress it up, by our conduct and decorum, and the funeral of our father and lord-sire is not it! And if you want an alternative, here's one.

We need to appear like the popular misconception of Magos-Deacons the masses expect; cold, calculating, ruthless, and with no care for the melodramatic. And we need the masses because now that DeVries has - thanks to his own clever planning - pretty much cornered most of Limosa's old support in the officers and bigwigs, we don't have an alternative power source. Not to mention the officers and uppers are hardly going to back someone who's been brigged by the inquisition unless they're dead drat sure we'll win - and we've no way of proving that, yet. What's the point of impressing a load of bigwigs who'll bend the knee to us after coming out of an Inquisitorial Conclave innocent and a Rogue Trader dynasty to our name (and with any luck DeVries smeared across the engine room) when we can fish for either entrenching our support in / conning the masses into backing our lead? Go to the funeral and act in a completely expected manner. We've been playing the "unexpected underdog" family game since this adventure started and winning by brains and deception. Let's not gently caress it all now by acting up.

And as a reminder, the Conclave is going to think we're loving loony if we go ahead with the wedding now, and remember, even if we despise Siadwell and want no other ending to the conclave than him dead aand (and I must agree with that), we need them on side. Ghost legend or not, Kozilek won't be able to take Siadwell down on his own words and influence. That's what these Conclaves are for, preventing individual inquisitorial feuding and replacing it with judgement of peers. I can't think of a better way to ruin our (and thus Kozilek's) reputation than acting like we give more of a poo poo about an obscure and not particularly well known rule (if we only found it out through copious research, I seriously doubt many onboard the ship will know) than their Conclave.

And there will be many, many chances to act like the flamboyant, AI-worshippin', dress-loving, scarf-knitting tech-priestess we are later. We need to really get our priorities straight here.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Well hey guys what happened while I was in inquisitor jail??? Oh hey Devries is the Lord Sire now I wonder how that happened!? If only I had someone who was an elligible candidate to become Lord Sire here while I was gone a bloo hoo hoo.

Serpentis posted:

Oh for god'sOmnissiah's sake.

We don't need to do it at the funeral we can do a reception later, all we need is a minute with the body to have a cake cut.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Well hey guys what happened while I was in inquisitor jail??? Oh hey Devries is the Lord Sire now I wonder how that happened!? If only I had someone who was an elligible candidate to become Lord Sire here while I was gone a bloo hoo hoo.

We don't need to do it at the funeral we can do a reception later, all we need is a minute with the body to have a cake cut.

Not the problem. It is still a social stunt that really isn't anything we couldn't do more sensibly when we're not in the crucible - and even if it's only the "dead hand of the Lord-Sire" thing, no reception involved, it kind of makes clear to both the masses (who we need) and the Conclave (whose fears we need to allay) that our priorities are skewed.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Wtf goons

I am abstaining from this vote because drat this is crazy. But potentially hilarious

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
So here's my plan:
1. Sneak a piece of ship-shaped cake into the funeral.
2. Hack the Lord-Sire's Centurion Power Armor into shooting Devries in the face.
3. Declare our intent to marry Fabian.
4. Have the Power Armor cut the cake. This will make us married.
5. Should step 2 fail, leave Fabian behind to manage the inevitable civil war. Primary objective: The elimination of Devries and the seizure of the Xenos artifact.
6. Get our butt down to the conclave before anyone can shoot at us too much. Bring Tanya, our pet Tech-Initiate, Old Man Henderson, our dog and our cat, but NOT Sincera Pax since she will invariably be poached from us by somebody who will use her against us.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
It's a good thing there isn't a Chaos god of hilariously silly poo poo, or else we'd be outed as a cultist then and there.

Then again, if there was a Chaos god of hilariously silly poo poo the Imperium would be even more turbofucked than it already is.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tomn posted:

It's a good thing there isn't a Chaos god of hilariously silly poo poo, or else we'd be outed as a cultist then and there.

Then again, if there was a Chaos god of hilariously silly poo poo the Imperium would be even more turbofucked than it already is.

Excuse me? Have you heard the good word of Lord Slaanesh?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Of course Ohone should get married! It's the perfect opportunity.
I support Kriegers in many of the roles, but who should be Maid of Honour?

Amacita, to show the Family that we still support The Family, above all?
Sincera, to give a clear message of Power?
Flours?

This is an important decision!

Get Married.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
everyone voting to get married:

i want you to know that my plan of impersonating Amacita and baleful eyeing Devries in the face was way less insane than this

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

It's gonna be goddamned hilarious if we get all gussied up and plan all this out and we go to Fabian and there's a record skip as Fabian says "Uh...I'm flattered, honestly I am, I really would love to accept, but I got my career with the Kriegers now and it's going pretty well and I'm not going to throw that all over just yet."

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ok then, well I guess that's all clear now.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Well, the thread definitely took a turn overnight. Voting don't get married for team boring reasons, although if it wins, it's at least going to be hilarious.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

So while we're in our cell can we have been knitting matching "Fabulous will you marry me" Yes or No scarves? :v:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Commissar Fabiyo :allears:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

VanSandman posted:

It's so beautiful. :golfclap:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Holy crap. Go to sleep for a few hours and everything plummets straight to hell.
Poor space-Dad.

Still, the White Funeral sounds awesome, and the stuff of legends.

EDIT: Kolziek. He's not known as The Night Stalker, is he?

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 25, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Serpentis posted:

+1 Sanity. There is a time and a place for "wacky shenanigans" like overly-melodramatic wedding declarations, and immediately prior to an Inquisitorial Conclave where we are going to be judged, probably to a death sentence if we gently caress it up, by our conduct and decorum, and the funeral of our father and lord-sire is not it! And if you want an alternative, here's one.

Here's the other alternative:

We don't get married, go to conclave and come back to Lord Sire Devries because whoops we didn't do anything to keep him in check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTq7w8P6_2I

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Just one question, because I don't understand this at all - How is marrying Fabian supposed to influence who gets to be the new Lord-Sire?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

It gives us a full ally among the potential heirs, I think, to watch our back while we're away.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Because let's face it last time we went away for a period of time Amacita was mind slaved by fell in love with Devries and gave away our cool xeno toy got married shortly thereafter :v:. We need someone to keep a close eye on family matters for us. :kiddo:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Why should Ohone get married?

Exhibit A::goku:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

dem legs :captainpop:

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
No Wedding

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Also important about the wedding is that it'll make Amacita believe in our humanity more, her robotic emotionally inhuman friend has finally found love! Truly Ohone could not be a puppet of the Magos the power of love dictates it is so! I love you Ohone! What's that you want to stick a probe in my brain? Sure I know you could have literally no ill will towards me, a fellow newlywed!

Also important is the fact that Amacita and Devries will be required to give us gifts that one-up what we gave them or they'll be heavily looked down upon by their social peers, good thing we're doing this right quick so they don't have time to prepare :v:.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

my dad posted:

Its a big galaxy :D And, that rule is in that book to increase the romantic tension between Cain and his waifu. Here, we're going for a different tension.

My ship will sail through all enemy canon!

maxhush posted:

+1 wedding

If Lowell didn't want to write about a meat puppet funeral-wedding then wouldn't have included that particular historical precedent :colbert:

Curse my compulsion for interesting flavor text! :v:

Ghostwoods posted:

Holy crap. Go to sleep for a few hours and everything plummets straight to hell.
Poor space-Dad.

Still, the White Funeral sounds awesome, and the stuff of legends.

EDIT: Kolziek. He's not known as The Night Stalker, is he?

Im dunno that reference :v:

Today is my long class today, and they didn't cancel even though there is snow in Texas :v: So Im unsure how much writing Ill get done today.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Mr Apollo posted:

No Wedding

:wtc:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Personally I'd have thought that the question of succession would be on hold while we are at the Conclave, considering how all potential heirs are suspects in the death of Limosa, so they should be away from the Beast for the duration of the Conclave, so I'd like to ask Lowell what the proper process would be for the next Lord-Sire to be named. Because if it will only happen after the Conclave, then we don't need to rush into any wedding right now, because if we only need someone to assert our authority while we are away, we can give that job to Matthias, Sincera or Fabiyan, since they'd basically only need to make sure that nobody makes a grab for power while we are gone.
Personally I'd prefer to have things go down so that we first attend the Conclave, are proclaimed innocent, hopefully implicate DeVries and maybe take down Mr. Radical. Then we'd return to the Beast, marry Fabiyan and get him elected Lord-Sire, so that we can become Magos further down the line, but obviously that would depend upon the election(?) process not happening while we are at the Conclave.
So basically, this is a vote to Make sure DeVries is also among those required to attend the Conclave, implicate him there and get hitched later.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Let's marry

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

LowellDND posted:

My ship will sail through all enemy canon!

That is...that...that line just...

arrrrgggghh

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Kolcheck was the night stalker not Kolziek. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolchak:_The_Night_Stalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Tomn posted:

That is...that...that line just...

arrrrgggghh

:D