Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Uh, so when will Steam allow me to download this? It's 7 AM where I'm at. Didn't this unlock a few hours ago?

This game is off to an excellent start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Yeah, so, there's zero co-op whatsoever in the campaign, at least on PC. Raid mode will have online coop next month.

I'm okay with this because i bought the game for raid mode anyway.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, so, there's zero co-op whatsoever in the campaign, at least on PC. Raid mode will have online coop next month.

I'm okay with this because i bought the game for raid mode anyway.

...No split screen for the campaign?

E: gently caress what a waste

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 25, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

There will be, it's just Capcom in a fit of usual stupidity will only enable online co-op when all of the episodes are out.

The game manual only lists Raid online co-op as a thing and specifically says campaign is offline-only. (Raid co-op isn't enabled yet at all/will be enabled when the 'full game' is out.) Every source I've found lists the online mode as Raid-only. I could be wrong, I just haven't seen it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The game manual only lists Raid online co-op as a thing and specifically says campaign is offline-only. (Raid co-op isn't enabled yet at all/will be enabled when the 'full game' is out.) Every source I've found lists the online mode as Raid-only. I could be wrong, I just haven't seen it.

Raid mode is apparently offline and online(When they decide to make it online).
Vid of offline raid mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDhbJatZdg

Campaign is offline only.

There is no offline coop on the PC version in either mode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Raid mode is apparently offline and online(When they decide to make it online).
Vid of offline raid mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDhbJatZdg

Campaign is offline only.

There is no offline coop on the PC version in either mode.

Yeah, I've played Raid mode. It's fun but it's really begging for online play.

It's just really bewildering to me the campaign is offline only when the setup is, if anything, more co-op oriented than RE5/6. Instead you just have to keep swapping between characters and it feels super strange.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is it an annoying RE0 Billy and Rebecca amount of switching?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Golden Goat posted:

The episodes are released weekly though, I doubt the quality is going to change much between each episode though the last episode could change a little bit.

Still baffled that we're getting a episodic release at all release when they release each week.

It's to make it like a TV show. I'd wager they'll track purchases to get an idea of how many MP servers they'll need to spin up in March when it goes online, too.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Seedge posted:

It's to make it like a TV show. I'd wager they'll track purchases to get an idea of how many MP servers they'll need to spin up in March when it goes online, too.

That actually sounds like a good idea. The weekly release doesn't bother me too much anyway just wondering why they went with this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I assumed Raid characters are unlockable or something but apparently they are all DLC and so is everything else in that mode? if so, gently caress this game

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I assumed Raid characters are unlockable or something but apparently they are all DLC and so is everything else in that mode? if so, gently caress this game

What so raid mode only has four characters?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Did the first revelations do the same thing? At least thats the impression I get with the "Last time in Resident Evil Revelations" things after each chapter in that game and that looks to be the same deal with this one too.

I had a hard time with Clair and Moira, but after I knew the score Barry's part was super easy. Heck, Clair's chapter is actually really hard compared to Barry's. I also miss the Genesis though, it was much easier to find hidden poo poo with that. If anyone figures out a weakness to the Iron mask guys, please tell me.

Raid mode is cool and has a different, but nice charm to it. It might get a lot more grindy though since parts a permently stuck to weapons, and duplicate parts are needed to make more powerful versions. Wesker is awesome and his "sorry" emote is him calling whoever an imbecile in a very wesker way. TAP(?) shotguns are awesome for the early levels.

Quick hint to whoever plays raid though: The shop is the black phone on table behind your chair to the right of the gramophone. There is also a guidebook to the left of the gramophone. Blue door is online co-op but it isn't activated yet. Nothing tells you this so there ya go.

Golden Goat posted:

What so raid mode only has four characters?

There are two unlockable's currently Revelations Jill, and someone else and two dlc, wesker and hunk.

Broose fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 25, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Broose posted:

There are two unlockable's currently Revelations Jill, and someone else and two dlc, wesker and hunk.

does the Complete Season purchase give you access to the DLC and all further DLC

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I figure they'll release more raid characters per episode. Wesker and HUNK being DLC isn't the worst thing.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

MinibarMatchman posted:

Raid CHARACTERS are DLC other than the 4 you start with. You use the ingame money to buy/upgrade weapons, but it's the same shop as the DLC so it looks like it's all DLC haha.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

does the Complete Season purchase give you access to the DLC and all further DLC

"Complete Season" as described on steam is just HUNK and bonus episodes.

The 39.99 that is just "Revelations 2" option gives wesker and hunk and alternate costumes to the other 4. Along with more raid mode maps apparently.

I have no clue if that includes future dlc, but I'm gonna go with "No" since it isn't explicitly mentioned.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Is it an annoying RE0 Billy and Rebecca amount of switching?

Kind of?

For Claire and Moira it isn't really. You play as Moira 99% of the time and swap to Claire only when you need to specifically gun or use her for a puzzle. Claire will automatically follow up on stunned enemies so you don't need to swap for her.

For Barry's side? Yes. You have to play as the little girl until you see an enemy, maybe hurl a brick at it, and then swap back to Barry. You see weak points with her so the logical thing to do is swap to her, identify the weak point, swap back to Barry to shoot it. I think you can kinda tell the weak points from their model (that is what I try to do in Raid Mode when they show up) but still.

Broose posted:

If anyone figures out a weakness to the Iron mask guys, please tell me.

Swap to Moira. Shine light on their face until stunned. Claire will follow up. Hit them while they're down. Repeat until dead.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

For Barry's side? Yes. You have to play as the little girl until you see an enemy, maybe hurl a brick at it, and then swap back to Barry. You see weak points with her so the logical thing to do is swap to her, identify the weak point, swap back to Barry to shoot it. I think you can kinda tell the weak points from their model (that is what I try to do in Raid Mode when they show up) but still.

Now I kind of have to play the Barry sections coop.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Broose posted:

"Complete Season" as described on steam is just HUNK and bonus episodes.

The 39.99 that is just "Revelations 2" option gives wesker and hunk and alternate costumes to the other 4. Along with more raid mode maps apparently.

I have no clue if that includes future dlc, but I'm gonna go with "No" since it isn't explicitly mentioned.

great, sounds like typical day 1 DLC bullshit.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

limited posted:

The episodic thing might either be a product of a few things, looking back. Either someone looked at Telltale's way of doing business and saw dollar signs, OR the game is going to possibly nose-dive in quality, so they're banking on the season-pass, and not-poo poo episodes suckering people in.

They've been pretty straightforward about why they went episodic with this. It's because Capcom didn't release a damned thing for the first half of last year, but still remained profitable because they released a bunch of their back catalog for direct download on Steam and elsewhere. Revelations 2 is a deliberate attempt to target that market, because it has no downside for them; they skip the costs of a physical disc and packaging, and don't lose any sales to the secondary-games market.

Any other benefits it might have, like knowing what their server load's likely to be for the full release, is just icing on the cake.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Wish I could play as Wesker but gently caress paying 15 bucks for that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Wish I could play as Wesker but gently caress paying 15 bucks for that.

He's 2.50 as a standalone pack.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I didn't know the episode thing meant I could just buy into the first episode of the game for five quid just to see if I like it. I can get behind that. And apparently the whole game is a reasonable twenty quid? I guess the catch is all the Day 1 DLC but still, good show Capcom.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

OxMan posted:

Raid CHARACTERS are DLC other than the 4 you start with. You use the ingame money to buy/upgrade weapons, but it's the same shop as the DLC so it looks like it's all DLC haha.

I don't see this at all. There are 4 default. 2 are unlocked with Completion medals (get all possible medals at once) at 10 and 90. Then there is the 2 true DLC characters. I don't really understand the second part at all. The shop is still the same as the first game. There is just an additional option to spend money if you don't want to grind/foolish.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Broose posted:

I don't see this at all. There are 4 default. 2 are unlocked with Completion medals (get all possible medals at once) at 10 and 90. Then there is the 2 true DLC characters. I don't really understand the second part at all. The shop is still the same as the first game. There is just an additional option to spend money if you don't want to grind/foolish.

You can totally waste your money on more space though!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/320380/

The DLC really doesn't seem like i'm missing much, aside from Wesker.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah I don't know if I really feel the argument for :argh: day one DLC!! in this title, but I did pre-order the $40 one that gives me all the cool stuff like a good little consumer so who knows.

The RAID map throwback pack is seemingly just some Revelations 1 and RE6 maps, no real throwbacks to the classics.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I was going to play the campaign offline co-op with a friend. Too bad Capcom neglected to tell me that wouldn't be available on the PC version when I pre-ordered it. I'm pretty pissed now since it was half the reason I didn't wait for a sale.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I was going to play the campaign offline co-op with a friend. Too bad Capcom neglected to tell me that wouldn't be available on the PC version when I pre-ordered it. I'm pretty pissed now since it was half the reason I didn't wait for a sale.

Grab a refund. That's what i'm done. Gonna pick up the PS3 version.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I feel like Capcom mentioned it more than a few times before the game was released, but I am also tired of PC versions of games having their splitscreen/local co-op features disabled for no good reason in 2015.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Golden Goat posted:

Grab a refund. That's what i'm done. Gonna pick up the PS3 version.

I would but I doubt Green Man Gaming would give me a refund for that reason. Or should I contact Capcom?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Geight posted:

I feel like Capcom mentioned it more than a few times before the game was released, but I am also tired of PC versions of games having their splitscreen/local co-op features disabled for no good reason in 2015.

If there's anything Diablo 3 taught me it's that gamers literally never pay attention to what companies say. Entirely too many people were surprised by the "always online" part of it when it was on the box and announced well in advance.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Broose posted:

Guy i originally quoted said "this mode" implying that weapons and upgrades in the shop were also pay screens as opposed to being able to use the ingame gold.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I would but I doubt Green Man Gaming would give me a refund for that reason. Or should I contact Capcom?

I suppose Capcom? Yeah GMG wont do a refund for you.

If it makes you feel better people on the steam forum are saying "+1" a lot to somehow force Capcom to put in a split screen mode.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Does Revalation 2 do anything that RE5 or Revelations didn't?

Man I really wish capcom would port Resident Evil Outbreak 1&2 to PC. That or make an Outbreak 3.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Len posted:

If there's anything Diablo 3 taught me it's that gamers literally never pay attention to what companies say. Entirely too many people were surprised by the "always online" part of it when it was on the box and announced well in advance.

All I know is that Green Man Gaming added the "no co-op" disclaimer AFTER the game was released.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

All I know is that Green Man Gaming added the "no co-op" disclaimer AFTER the game was released.

The same thing was done on steam.

Capcom sent the same game description to all sellers and so the steam version has the incorrect feature mentioned on it too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Broose posted:

\If anyone figures out a weakness to the Iron mask guys, please tell me.\

Their weak spot is that stitched up bloody part on their neck, I guess it's their heart. A few shots there will stun them for a melee and a follow up.

I have always been impatient but having to wait for weekly chapters is a slap in the face to me, whatever their intention. I just want to play RE and shoot things as superhuman normal people and unlock a shirtless Chris costume at some point :sigh:

Raid mode is baller, nonetheless.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I haven't played the game but given descriptions of how the characters have to work together the lack of online co-op is a big minus for me.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Lunethex posted:

Their weak spot is that stitched up bloody part on their neck, I guess it's their heart. A few shots there will stun them for a melee and a follow up.

I have always been impatient but having to wait for weekly chapters is a slap in the face to me, whatever their intention. I just want to play RE and shoot things as superhuman normal people and unlock a shirtless Chris costume at some point :sigh:

Raid mode is baller, nonetheless.

Jesus then buy it in a month when the co op is online. "Slap in the face" this guy.

I am experiencing a terrible bug with raid mode. After doing the dailies I can't go back, the loading screen just hangs. Restarting/database rebuild doesn't fix it either, just can't load into it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

OxMan posted:

Jesus then buy it in a month when the co op is online. "Slap in the face" this guy.

I am experiencing a terrible bug with raid mode. After doing the dailies I can't go back, the loading screen just hangs. Restarting/database rebuild doesn't fix it either, just can't load into it anymore.

I get something similar. The game seems to randomly hang when loading the Raid mode main hub, either after missions or when initially loading up Raid mode.