Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Laying this down just to get a vote out, but it's a pretty weak favorite at the moment:

##vote Meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

This game is boring. I'm bored. Let's CONTENT GAME

Good Sir - top two scum picks, right now let's go

Haha owned by the contentless vote >:3 (I've got a huge content bomb I'm about to drop tho, I gotta word it carefully)

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I might be falling for a scum gambit here (because I'm super credulous), but I think I can verify three town in one go today. If I'm right that puts us at 4 scum, 4 unverified town, and 3 verified town. If I'm wrong, the only cost is my life. I'm not from around here so I want the locals' opinion, should I go and take the plunge?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:justpost:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What Opop said

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

I might be falling for a scum gambit here (because I'm super credulous), but I think I can verify three town in one go today. If I'm right that puts us at 4 scum, 4 unverified town, and 3 verified town. If I'm wrong, the only cost is my life. I'm not from around here so I want the locals' opinion, should I go and take the plunge?

I have no idea what this is or how it could work but please make it happen.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Sure thing (especially since I basically outed myself if it was a scum trick anyway): I'm town inventor, Mr. Ri'saad from the far-off desert lands. I sell trinkets to town, except in these trying times it's more like "send members of the Thieves' Guild into your house with the gewgaws and not expecting anything in return." Night 1 I gave an Amulet of Mara to Rarity, Night 2 I gave a tome of detect life to CPig (no use from that unfortunately), and Night 3 I gave out a staff of magelight, but I'm not saying to who just yet because idk if they're town, and if they are I'd like them to get their action off. Unless I hosed up hardcore and Rarity is scum, then her story of "action failed on night 2, found out somebody is a hider who is not scum" looks legit.

In any case, I've used up my power, in a verifiable way. Might as well claim now.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

Only if they are 100% verified, and even then it's of marginal value versus nailing scum. But you've outed yourself as a power role so why not.

I'd also like to make the case for Opop again here. We all know he's either an SK or scum. I think there's a very good chance he's scum. It'd be very easy for him in this setup to just claim any kill he likes. Who's going to counterclaim him? The other scum team?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

Sure thing (especially since I basically outed myself if it was a scum trick anyway): I'm town inventor, Mr. Ri'saad from the far-off desert lands. I sell trinkets to town, except in these trying times it's more like "send members of the Thieves' Guild into your house with the gewgaws and not expecting anything in return." Night 1 I gave an Amulet of Mara to Rarity, Night 2 I gave a tome of detect life to CPig (no use from that unfortunately), and Night 3 I gave out a staff of magelight, but I'm not saying to who just yet because idk if they're town, and if they are I'd like them to get their action off. Unless I hosed up hardcore and Rarity is scum, then her story of "action failed on night 2, found out somebody is a hider who is not scum" looks legit.

In any case, I've used up my power, in a verifiable way. Might as well claim now.

Soooo, how does this verify anyone as town?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm not seeing anything here as "verified town", esp. since we KNOW CPig wasn't town, so you can clearly send things to non-town dudes.

Also, scum inventors are things, so even if your PR is proven it doesn't mean you're auto-town

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Well I need cooperation from Rarity and her spouse, also I'm dumb as gently caress and overpromised in any case. Still feel like it's the right time to claim, though.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah if you think I'm scum for overselling that, I honestly wouldn't blame you, it definitely seemed a lot more compelling before I wrote it out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Glockenapfel posted:

Only if they are 100% verified, and even then it's of marginal value versus nailing scum. But you've outed yourself as a power role so why not.

I'd also like to make the case for Opop again here. We all know he's either an SK or scum. I think there's a very good chance he's scum. It'd be very easy for him in this setup to just claim any kill he likes. Who's going to counterclaim him? The other scum team?

He could just be annoying town, you know. Not that that should get him out of lynching, but there's not much reason to assume he's killed any of the people he's said he has. We haven't seen a single night with 3 kills yet, so there's no proof that there is a vig or SK.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Gabriel Pope posted:

He could just be annoying town, you know. Not that that should get him out of lynching, but there's not much reason to assume he's killed any of the people he's said he has. We haven't seen a single night with 3 kills yet, so there's no proof that there is a vig or SK.

Are you trolling? First you vigorously defend Ecco, then you vote out our town doctor, now you defend a killer by his own admission? We already saw our jester flip.

I swear I thought you were scum but now I'm starting to think you're the most misguided town (or a troll) I've ever seen.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Abyssal Squid posted:

I thought this was kinda bullshit until:

Abyssal Squid posted:

Well I need cooperation from Rarity and her spouse, also I'm dumb as gently caress and overpromised in any case. Still feel like it's the right time to claim, though.

because I had no idea what an Amulet of Mara did. Rarity and I are married; we're masons and, presumably, lovers. I think Rarity is town but I'm not 100% on that. Rarity can make her own statements about me.

Important fact: we got married on Night 3, so if she's telling the truth about being roleblocked she had her own night power she was dealing with then, or she was attempting to marry someone else and it failed.

Either way, this is enough for me to consider you town (for now, at least). Which means I need to pick someone else to look at.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did the amulet make you masons or did you start that way?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Either Rarity didn't get told the details or she just didn't tell you, but as far as I know it's just an unconfirmed masonry, no love in that marriage. Sorry man. :( I'm willing to believe Rarity when she says that she's convinced that you're town though.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The amulet makes them masons.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, so you know what the items do? What did the other two do?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm willing to believe Rarity when she says that she's convinced that you're town though.

Where?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

The amulet makes them masons.

EP, are you confirmed or unconfirmed masons?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Oh, so you know what the items do? What did the other two do?

Tome of Life is gunsmith (dunno what the flavor would be), Staff of Magelight is tracker. They're both 1-shot.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Glockenapfel posted:

EP, are you confirmed or unconfirmed masons?

Unconfirmed. And since I think Rarity is in another timezone or working or some poo poo:

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm willing to believe Rarity when she says that she's convinced that you're town though.

She's pretty convinced I'm scum, actually! I disagree, of course.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Of course, you should suspect everyone in Mafia until you have something else to work with, but I'm unsure why a town Rarity would select a scum, then tell me that we're lovers (she does believe we're lovers), as getting both of us killed barely puts town ahead if I'm scum.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rarity posted:

Also I checked my flavour from N2 and judging by flavour I don't think I was roleblocked. I think there's a hider that I can confirm as town.

That's... not as definitive as I remembered it. I'll wait for Rarity to chime in to see what she meant by that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well whoever got the staff should absolutely claim then. We don't have much room for error at this point

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Well whoever got the staff should absolutely claim then. We don't have much room for error at this point

This is a very bad idea unless you've already used it.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

Unconfirmed. And since I think Rarity is in another timezone or working or some poo poo:

She's pretty convinced I'm scum, actually! I disagree, of course.

I think you're scum too. Looking forward to hearing from Rarity.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Glockenapfel posted:

And they haven't, because you can't use your items until the next night.

Fun fact: I have no memory of sending the gunsmith to CPig but it's in the PM, I thought I sent it to the person I ended up sending the tracker to. Sorry Epsilon Plus, you were next in line and would have gotten the tracker if I hadn't made that mistake that I don't remember

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Glockenapfel posted:

I think you're scum too. Looking forward to hearing from Rarity.

Would you like to present a case while we wait? My sugar-bunny may not be here for a while.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I do wanna state ~for the record~ that I do think Abyssal Squid is town because of the way he's handled his claim, despite what my earlier post might have implied

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also booo @ good sir for not being here to respond to my content game, so I'm gonna answer my own question:

My top two scum picks are ShadowGlass and Gabriel Pope, i'll write more about them after class probably

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Hey - Just catching up now at work - will be posting more later this afternoon. I put my top two in a post previously...It was Gabriel Pope and Opap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Glockenapfel posted:

Oh. Yeah duh, I didn't think of that, I assumed they would have used it already but I guess not

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think it's Rarity and Good Sir. GS has been pretty odd, and Rarity has been a bit of a nonentity since I accused her

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ok before I dash off to botany, I'll pose one more content game question to the thread:

If you had a vig, who would you vig and why?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chic Trombone posted:

Ok before I dash off to botany, I'll pose one more content game question to the thread:

If you had a vig, who would you vig and why?

Asiina, then Ecco, then Narco :chord:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Glockenapfel posted:

Are you trolling? First you vigorously defend Ecco, then you vote out our town doctor, now you defend a killer by his own admission? We already saw our jester flip.

I swear I thought you were scum but now I'm starting to think you're the most misguided town (or a troll) I've ever seen.

Sorry, but this is a really bad statement:

Glockenapfel posted:

All we know is that Opop is making nonsensical killclaims. This is unhelpful and probably worth lynching him for, but making sketchy claims about it is not helping your case.

SK is the best fit for Opop's behavior but after 3 nights we have no evidence that there is an SK in play.

Actual vig is unlikely. It has all the same problems that SK has and more. Especially since he has not been particularly helpful to town in discussion.

Bored and lovely vanilla town is a distant possibility. I haven't seen Opop before so I have no idea if he's inclined to pull this kind of stunt randomly.

Scum is a definite possibility, but I see no particular advantage to scum in claiming nightkills as town vigs. It's general white noise misinformation and helps allay peoples' suspicion early on, but it's going to get harder and harder to fake as the game continues with no 3rd kill in evidence, so he eventually winds up being a lynch target (see: today). That's assuming the other scumteam doesn't kill him first for being an obvious threat.

Actually, that's an interesting point: Opop's claims don't really seem to be helpful to either town or scum, or really accomplish much of anything... but it does make Opop a massive target, who's somehow managed to survive multiple nights after claiming. If there was only one scumteam the simplest explanation would be that scum isn't bothering to kill the claimed vig because he's actually scum. With two scumteams, though, you'd think that even if he was scum the rival scum would have targeted him by now. What if that's actually what he wants? He could have bulletproof or some other power that's based on being targeted by scum, and deliberately trying to bait scum kills onto himself is about as good an explanation for Opop claiming bogus kills as anything else. There's still at least one failed scum kill that's unaccounted for, and that was after we lost the doctor. I wonder if there's anyone who mysteriously soured on Opop between D2 and D3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What the hell are you talking about? You think I'm VT who is bored and is therefore claiming scum kills as my own for...I don't know why, just because?

• Locked thread