Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

hilarious internet comedy guys keep it coming

The best one was you using "Manor" and "2015" in the same sentence.

e: Manor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

AgentJotun posted:

Looks like Alonso will be spending a third night in hospital. The official Mclaren version seemed reasonable enough at first, but I am starting to wonder. Either there's more too it or Alonso got an incredibly unlucky impact. I know it was side on but its not like those are extremely rare in F1.

Edit - At the very least they really downplayed the extent of his injury. Tweets after the incident said he was uninjured and fine!

apparently he can't remember anything from the "accident"

the whole thing stinks and just makes it more obvious it was an assassination attempt orchestrated by Ron Dennis

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

He's been released from hospital but he won't test. K-Mag will replace him.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

RIP

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
So Force India revealed their *actual* 2015 car:

Veej is even gonna try and run it on Friday. Gotta say, It's not too bad looking.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i really have zero doubts that manor will show up in melbourne

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

George Zimmer posted:

So Force India revealed their *actual* 2015 car:

Veej is even gonna try and run it on Friday. Gotta say, It's not too bad looking.

Best McLaren of the last 10 years.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

#FORZALONSO

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
http://imgur.com/a/x9d8y

Photos of Alonso leaving hospital. Not wearing McLaren clothing and getting into a Mercedes.

WHAT IS GOING ON??

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Oakley isn't even an official sponsor!

Something fishy is afoot.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

A gust of wind blew away the Mclarin that was supposed to pick him up.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Looks like the technical experts of reddit have solved the Alonso crash:

"Eyewitnesses to his crash noted that his head was leaned over and slumped to one side as if he was unconscious before he ever struck the wall. And Vettel said the crash looked very odd, he just drove off the side of the track at around 150 kph (far off pace for that part of the track).
I think the truth is they had an electrical problem with the ERS and Alonso was electrocuted and eventually lost consciousness.
But of course McLaren and Honda are not going to come right out and say that, it would be a PR nightmare. It's much easier to blame it on a gust of wind and astro turf."

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Brainwrong posted:

Looks like the technical experts of reddit have solved the Alonso crash:

"Eyewitnesses to his crash noted that his head was leaned over and slumped to one side as if he was unconscious before he ever struck the wall. And Vettel said the crash looked very odd, he just drove off the side of the track at around 150 kph (far off pace for that part of the track).
I think the truth is they had an electrical problem with the ERS and Alonso was electrocuted and eventually lost consciousness.
But of course McLaren and Honda are not going to come right out and say that, it would be a PR nightmare. It's much easier to blame it on a gust of wind and astro turf."

I agree with this technical analysis.

It's time for the Spanish government to demand an investigation into this botched assassination attempt.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Looks like the McLaren-Honda Alonsobot was completed ahead of schedule. #Blessed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't care what anyone says. This is the best thread.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Dubs posted:

will manor race for manor in 2015

Really?.. no one upped this with "Will Will Manor race for Manor in 2015?" - ffs thread, low hanging fruits and all that, you all disappoint me.

Norns posted:

I don't care what anyone says. This is the best thread.

This thread is like a pendulum.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
What has JJoc* had to say about this. I'm sure he can some how turn it into a plug for his highschool digital media project.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

One day, if I ever find myself with time on my hands, I think I might write a book entitled “How not to die”. It is a pretty catchy title – and might even guarantee selling a copy to Mr E.

Alas, such a publication would not give away the secret of eternal life, but rather it would tell the story of how one can make life difficult for one’s offspring when the time comes to rendezvous with St Peter at the Pearly Gates. I rather think that given the tragi-comedy elements involved, it might do for death what Peter Mayle did for the Luberon… It would involve all manner of high jinks that occur when one’s parent passes away in a foreign hotel in the back of beyond in Switzerland, while on a holiday designed to enjoy the scenic magnificence of Swiss railways and their mighty feats of engineering. It would involve contrary Swiss bureaucracy, missing death certificates and the complications involved in having to be buried in a world-famous cathedral. And one can add sub plots of broken down paperless cars and literally tons of beautifully labelled but utterly mixed up paperwork, dating back 75 years.

Trying to put this all in order has kept me fully employed for almost a month, during which time Formula 1 has ploughed its furrow without too much drama. The Barcelona testing has been as clear as mud (as ever) with the major excitement being a crash from which Fernando Alonso emerged shaken but unscathed. The conspiracy theories are pretty lurid, but there are lots of questions about the accident. I don’t know the answer, but I do know that the first rule of PR is never tell lies because you will be found out. McLaren knows this and so a lengthy explanation from the team about what happened is to be respected because they have nothing to gain from lies.

Hopefully I will be able to get up to full speed again in the coming days, although Chapter 14 of the aforementioned book is still writing itself. Onward…

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The FIA are investigating the disgusting incident involving Fernando Alonso. The lies will soon be found out.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
In a surprise twist, it's all linked to Vettel's 4 conseuctive fraud WDCs and after a WMSC ruling he will officially be stripped of all 4 titles which will posthumously be granted to Michael Schumacher and a pity one given to Ralf.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

In a surprise twist, it's all linked to Vettel's 4 conseuctive fraud WDCs and after a WMSC ruling he will officially be stripped of all 4 titles which will posthumously be granted to Michael Schumacher and a pity one given to Ralf.

Unlike 2 time fraud WDC's, 4 time fraud WDC's don't get blow off track by a little bit of wind.
yeah I said it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a McLaren in the wind

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Fumble posted:

Unlike 2 time fraud WDC's, 4 time fraud WDC's don't get blow off track by a little bit of wind.
yeah I said it.

All the wind goes up his butt hole, that's was the secret to Red Bull's down force.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

All the wind goes up his butt hole, that's was the secret to Red Bull's down force.

New meaning to Rear Blown Diffuser.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I don't think I've heard so much conspiracy bollocks over what is probably a simple accident.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
When you hit day 3 of hospital over a supposed minor accident it's moving away from conspiracy.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

nsaP posted:

When you hit day 3 of hospital over a supposed minor accident it's moving away from conspiracy.

Not if he had a concussion, especially the care taken with those injuries now.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe nando just really likes jelly.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Stop saying electrocuted. Electrocution means death.
wait
never mind, RIP alonso, clear body double

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sulman posted:

Not if he had a concussion, especially the care taken with those injuries now.

horseshit, no one stays in the hospital for three loving days for a concussion

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The FIA is now getting involved and launching their own probe into the crash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is the hardest announcement I've ever had to make, but I'm afraid we've lost Fernando Alonso.

#RIPFernando

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Actually, he's alive and well. See you in Melbourne.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, he's alive and well. See you in Melbourne.

If you stopped posting until then this would become the best thread.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

horseshit, no one stays in the hospital for three loving days for a concussion

More than one day is unusual but it's Fernando Alonso, and it's Spain. He'll be getting some pretty thorough care I expect.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

pik_d posted:

If you stopped posting until then this would become the best thread.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Lewis tests the new Porsche 911!

because it's rear heavy

right guys

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

in a further amazing turn, it's given to thread stalwart RALF and not wifebeating zillionaire no-talent closet case Ralf Schumacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I didn't think you could fit 5 people in a golf cart, but there you have it.

• Locked thread