Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Theta Zero posted:

Dunno when you heard that. I think Twilight Princess is supposed to be countless eons later than OoT.

All the Zelda games (excep the ones that are explicitly the same Link) take place so far apart that the events of the game before have passed beyond memory and history into legend and myth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Dunno when you heard that. I think Twilight Princess is supposed to be countless eons later than OoT.

Exactly. Doesn't matter when it is, fact is that OoT Link is the skeleton guy teaching you moves in Twilight Princess.

Skeleton guy looks quite a bit older than 37.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Theta Zero posted:

Oh according to wikipedia it's 100 years later, I'm not sure where I got 30 from either. I knew it was some vaguely defined time that was not that long.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Aston posted:

Oh according to wikipedia it's 100 years later, I'm not sure where I got 30 from either. I knew it was some vaguely defined time that was not that long.

Ah, found a source for your erroneous information.

Zeldawiki posted:

–When does Twilight Princess take place?

Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later. *

*It should be noted that the section where Aonuma mentions that it takes place "a hundred and something years later" was erroneously translated. The original text said "百数年", which literally means "several hundred years", rather than "a hundred and something years".

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
As far as I know, the shortest length between two games not starring the same Link is Phantom Hourglass to Spirit Tracks, which takes place exactly 100 years later. Nico is even still alive... and like 115 years old.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Chaltab posted:

As far as I know, the shortest length between two games not starring the same Link is Phantom Hourglass to Spirit Tracks, which takes place exactly 100 years later. Nico is even still alive... and like 115 years old.

...That wasn't the same Link? Huh.

Granted, I played through PH once and got like five hours into Spirit Tracks, but I figured Link just found a big ol' new continent and decided to build train tracks all over it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rochallor posted:

...That wasn't the same Link? Huh.

Granted, I played through PH once and got like five hours into Spirit Tracks, but I figured Link just found a big ol' new continent and decided to build train tracks all over it.

At the end of WW they set off to find a new home, this is the same link in Phantom Hourglass. That link and crew a new continent which is the setting for Spirit Tracks 100 years later.

Spirit Tracks is a good fun games (except for the final song gently caress that) and I wont hear otherwise.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The two Tingle games don't star the same link or any link at all and take place within a few years, boom, u got nerd owned.

For a more serious answer the street pass guy in Link Between Worlds is supposedly the Link from Link to the past (Link between world spoiler)

greatn fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 25, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

The two Tingle games don't star the same link or any link at all and take place within a few years, boom, u got nerd owned.

For a more serious answer the street pass guy in Link Between Worlds is supposedly the Link from Link to the past

But is it the same Tingle

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
where do you find hungover gorman?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

where do you find hungover gorman?

Everyone in his troupe uses the same hotel room

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Like I know you're supposed to feed the fish to the fish but I can't find where to bottle fish to bring to the fish. I tried grabbing one from the pirate fortress from the fish tank, but the fish didn't get bottled.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Like I know you're supposed to feed the fish to the fish but I can't find where to bottle fish to bring to the fish. I tried grabbing one from the pirate fortress from the fish tank, but the fish didn't get bottled.

Try the northern coast near the cliffs and the Pirate Fortress. There's a pond there with fish. You'll need five of them

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

There is one in the Trading Post in Clock Town that respawns every time you enter.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The hole behind the fisherman's hut has a fish in it. Just keep getting that one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Out of curiosity, can you steal the Fisherman's Hat in Majora's Mask 3D? I haven't tried yet.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity, can you steal the Fisherman's Hat in Majora's Mask 3D? I haven't tried yet.

Secret 25th mask confirmed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hedrigall posted:

If that isn't a missed opportunity, I don't know what is :v:.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Now you too can be a creep who wants pictures of pirate ladies!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Wrong fisherman. The real question is, what's his relation to the Curiosity Shop guy

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes. He empties your wallet in response.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Worked out how to achieve the most assholish ending possible with Majora's Mask.

Locked Kafei in Sakon's Lair with no possible means of rescue.
Gave Anju the pendant so she'll sit waiting forever in her room (that's gonna put a damper on the Carnival of Time).
Stole a single Zora Egg (they only hatch when they're all together).
Stole the Seahorse.
Took a single Stray Fairy from each dungeon so all five Great Fairies can never be restored.
Kidnapped the Deku Princess.
Gave the Priority Mail to someone far more deserving; The Toilet.

So long, Termina. The timelines might get merged, but I stole all your important stuff. :byewhore:.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
You forgot to promise Romani you'd help her on the first night, then not bother to show up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hedrigall posted:

You forgot to promise Romani you'd help her on the first night, then not bother to show up.

gently caress. :cripes:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Strawberry Panda posted:

All the holes with the chest/2 stick dekus/1 nut deku combo have a pond with a scoopable fish (and some bugs too).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There's also a fish in the Stock Pot Inn, in the room in the back where you meet Anju for the night chat. That's the one I often use.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bicyclops posted:

There's also a fish in the Stock Pot Inn, in the room in the back where you meet Anju for the night chat. That's the one I often use.

Just use the four fish in the pool at the base of the cliff, by the Pirate Base in Great Bay. They respawn really fast :ssh:.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I accidentally got two fish instead of eggs and was really pissed when I dumped them out and had to go back...

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

There are more than 5 eggs. Why can't I feed them to the fish.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I wish I had known you got a bottle from doing the witch target practice before Great Bay.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The base of the waterfall where the beaver races are has a bunch of fish, which is what I used.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

So I recently discovered that if you don't do the Kafei and Anju sidequest, then at midnight on the second day, the Postman will mail himself a letter just so that he can stick to his schedule the next day. What does the letter say?

The Postman posted:

To Myself,
You have been doing a great job delivering the mail. I have a request for my hard-working self. All of the townsfolk have taken refuge. I want myself to flee, too. Even if it is not written in the schedule, I want myself to flee.
Please...

From Me

:smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The postman needs to see a therapist

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm sure the answer is no but I thought I would just check in this thread. Does anyone know any online stores that have Majora's Mask 3DS at any kind of discount?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That letter really hits me in the gut, because that would be me, performing my job tasks in the empty town, because I didn't want to waste a sick day and my boss had not officially given me permission.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Regy Rusty posted:

The postman needs to see a therapist

But his schedule... :negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really think part of what hits me about MM is that the concept has always stuck with me really hard. Just a bunch of people living their lives knowing this horrifying inevitable catastrophe coming down on them from above. I ended up reading a kinda-cheesy book series called The Last Policeman recently which follows a similar idea. There's just something eerie about that style of apocolypse. No deadly virus, no horrifying nuclear weapon, just something that is going to come and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

(Well, nothing you can do to stop it if you're not a time-travelling elf.)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The postman is unable to take sick days or miss work because of his obsessive compulsive disorder.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

If he fled, he would have no mail to deliver. And then what would he be? A shell. A fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

There are few videogame feels as invigorating as resetting to the Dawn of the First Day and knowing that the next 72 hours of game time hold many adventures.

• Locked thread