Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Rarity posted:

Shadowglass and Squid, who do you want to vote for now Meinberg's confirmed town?

How does Meinberg having a hiding ability make him confirmed town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

Shadowglass and Squid, who do you want to vote for now Meinberg's confirmed town?

I'm really not buying this "confirmed town" business tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glockenapfel posted:

How does Meinberg having a hiding ability make him confirmed town?

Fair point. It comes down to setup spec, I suppose. Although I do think if Meinberg was scum he would have jumped on the opportunity to claim hider the first time I put the idea forward.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Going out for a little bit, should be back before deadline

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Chic continues to come off as reasonable and well considered throughout my re-read.

It's weird. This game has been such a delightful poo poo show, and he's playing like a good player. I don't get it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Okay, I've caught up to today and I have a confession....

I legitimately didn't notice that Sandwolf said that he had a big revelation coming and we should hold off on the hammer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Okay, I've caught up to today and I have a confession....

I legitimately didn't notice that Sandwolf said that he had a big revelation coming and we should hold off on the hammer.

God DAMNIT Meinberg

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I've asked before, but could you explain how he is confirmed town?

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Like he only claimed hider after you said that a hider should claim. Pretty convenient.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

As I said when I voted Meinberg, I'd also vote Opop. That's still true.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ShadowGlass posted:

Like he only claimed hider after you said that a hider should claim. Pretty convenient.

Well, it's not like anyone has jumped out to counter-claim me. On the other hand, I suppose it's possible for there to be a scum hider in this setup.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Anyway.

##vote Glock

Not a whole lot to go on, but his reaction to me pointing out one scummy post, along with the whole "ignoring Gabe" thing feel very off to me.

I don't feel comfortable voting off Opop today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShadowGlass posted:

I've asked before, but could you explain how he is confirmed town?

I said I targeted someone on N2 with this marriage masonry but the flavour indicated the person I targeted was a hider. I said that a hider should claim but I didn't say who I targeted so that they couldn't just use my word as proof. Meinberg claimed hider, he was indeed the person I targeted on N2. So unless you're thinking we're scum buddies together we wouldn't have been able to arrange that so it confirms Meinberg as hider. Whether that makes him confirmed town is a different story. Glock's right that a scum hider isn't completely out of the question but it's not a role I've ever seen and I doubt anyone else here has seen it before either.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rarity posted:

D:

Definitely Opop, it's gotta happen sooner or later, we're close to deadline, and I mostly didn't vote him earlier because I didn't want to see him get hammered before I heard what you had to say about Things. I'm still curious what the boon is all about and I think I've got an idea what it is, would people be willing to let me or Rarity take it? I figure being open about it at this point is asking to take a nightkill.

##unvote

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Well, it's not like anyone has jumped out to counter-claim me. On the other hand, I suppose it's possible for there to be a scum hider in this setup.

Not talking about counter claim. It's more like, as I said, I haven't seen a hider in any of the games I've read. It's quite possible that there isn't one here either, and you just jumped on it when Rarity made the assumption that there must be a hider. I still don't get why she thought that's the only explanation, but that's another question.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Never mind then...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShadowGlass posted:

It's quite possible that there isn't one here either, and you just jumped on it when Rarity made the assumption that there must be a hider.

He wouldn't know I'd targeted him though. If I'd targeted you and he claimed then he'd be outed as scum.

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm still curious what the boon is all about and I think I've got an idea what it is, would people be willing to let me or Rarity take it?

You can go for it as far as I'm concerned. You've already given me a life of wedded bliss :3:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm also cool with letting Squid hammer... because it would please my twuu wuv

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I'm good with Squid too.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

##vote Opop

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rarity posted:

You can go for it as far as I'm concerned. You've already given me a life of wedded bliss :3:

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm also cool with letting Squid hammer... because it would please my twuu wuv

If these two can get along despite differing opinions [re: werewolves/vampires], then what's stopping the rest of us? :(

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

So I'm taking it that Opop is the consensus today?

I don't want to, but I'll put him at -1 to avoid a no lunch.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Meinberg posted:

I don't feel comfortable voting off Opop today.

Is there any particular reason why?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Is there any particular reason why?

I, perhaps in some sort of delirium, believe his claim that he is a town vigilante.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Meinberg posted:

I, perhaps in some sort of delirium, believe his claim that he is a town vigilante.

Three-shot town vig, though? Really?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Hold on lemme check, but I'm pretty sure he keeps saying "okay that was my last shot for real now, oh whoops I lied I had another" every morning, including Day 2 when there would've been no reason to suspect he had more than one shot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Three-shot town vig, though? Really?

Maybe he's an unlimited-shot town vigilante!

:sigh:

Yeah, I'm probably just not thinking straight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Maybe he's an unlimited-shot town vigilante!

How is that (or a town 3-shot vig in fact) in any way balanced?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Huh, guess he didn't say it after the first night. Still, the having three+ kills thing is enough, plus the lying about it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##vote Opop

Delphine was kind of a jerk anyway. Paarthurnax is my bro.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

##vote Opopanax :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Opopanax!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
flip coming in a bit!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
21 Last Seed 4E201

Riverwood

A furious crowd gathers in the Sleeping Giant. Each of the last few days, an innocent citizen of Skyrim has been executed, and your numbers are dwindling. Suddenly, someone shouts from one of the side rooms. They return to the main chamber carrying a sheathed blade.
"They was hidden behind one of the bunks!"
The mob gathers around, and it is unsheathed, revealing an ornately wrought katana, flecked with blood. All eyes turn to the owner, for it was her room where the blade was found.
"I've used that blade, but it was to kill the beasts who are trying to kill us!"
However, no one believes her. She is brought out to the headsman's block where Camilla was executed just a few short days ago, and the swift swing of a heavy axe ends her life.

Opopanax, Delphine, Town Vigilante has been executed Day 4

Night 4 begins now! If you have actions ready to go, give me like five minutes to clear my PM inbox.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (6): Rarity, ShadowGlass, Glockenapfel, ShadowGlass, Epsilon Plus, ShadowGlass, Meinberg, Abyssal Squid
Glockenapfel (1): Gabriel Pope, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Meinberg, Meinberg
Rarity (1): Opopanax
AXE COP (1): Chic Trombone
Meinberg (0): ShadowGlass, Abyssal Squid, Abyssal Squid, ShadowGlass
ShadowGlass (0): Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Epsilon Plus (0): Gabriel Pope, Gabriel Pope

Not Voting (2): AXE COP, Good Sir

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
AXE COP, Gorza gra-Bagol, Vanilla Town, has been killed Night 4. Flavor will come in the morning because I am exhausted right now.

Day 5 Begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (9): Abyssal Squid, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Gabriel Pope, Glockenapfel, Good Sir, Meinberg, Rarity, ShadowGlass

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 01st, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 16 hours.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So I think we can all release a collective "what the gently caress" at the fact that Opop was evidently a limitless town vig

On the plus side there's no SK? That's cool.

This game.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
So previously out of defense I had mentioned having dreams. And being an Oracle. Last nights were a lot longer and more detailed. They seemed important. I know nothing about the mythos/lore of Skyrim and stuff so here you all go. (Mod has said I'm allowed to quote certain parts directly.)

"Dragons were released from hidden Aldmeri weapons stores."
"We have credible evidence at hidden Aldmeri WMD capabilities."
"WMD = Warehouses of Many Dragons"
"Watch Ulfric start a loving war."
"Don't let the Elven Agenda take your love for Talos!"
"Dragon attacks are a false flag operation."
"General Tulius does it with hagravens."
"Also, this is totally a cult game, y'all. Mehrunes Dagon rising, yo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Good Sir posted:

So previously out of defense I had mentioned having dreams. And being an Oracle. Last nights were a lot longer and more detailed. They seemed important. I know nothing about the mythos/lore of Skyrim and stuff so here you all go. (Mod has said I'm allowed to quote certain parts directly.)

"Dragons were released from hidden Aldmeri weapons stores."
"We have credible evidence at hidden Aldmeri WMD capabilities."
"WMD = Warehouses of Many Dragons"
"Watch Ulfric start a loving war."
"Don't let the Elven Agenda take your love for Talos!"
"Dragon attacks are a false flag operation."
"General Tulius does it with hagravens."
"Also, this is totally a cult game, y'all. Mehrunes Dagon rising, yo!"

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah EXAKT

EXAKT you glorious bastard

• Locked thread