Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I haven't played the game but given descriptions of how the characters have to work together the lack of online co-op is a big minus for me.

It's not that bad and the game will let you liberally switch between them to accomplish things, it takes many queues from Resident Evil 0 in that regard and improves upon some of them. For example, when you've just started the game, Claire can't do a follow up attack but Moira can when she gets a crowbar, so as soon as you ground an enemy you can switch to Moira and run up for a finisher. Sadly partner AI can have a hard time catching up to the player in some circumstances, and there are times where the game expects you to run so the AI leaves you behind.

The most notable event where switching characters is good is when you find the fire-breathing turret thing near the end of Claire's first episode, you can have Claire start turning it and switch to Moira and run to the valve, it will open fire immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't mind the Moira/Clare switching at all. It feels pretty good to me. It's the other one that just feels custom-made for actual real-time co-op.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
As a single player I do feel like switching to Natalie(?) quickly to pinpoint the weakpoint on a monster then switching back to Barry to pump that point full of lead is still pretty fun, all things considered. I do wish AI Barry were a bit more proactive about not getting grabbed, but I guess he's just taking queues from me. I get grabbed a lot in zombie games. :sigh:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wish Claire used her loving guns when I'm not playing as her. I've been using Moira, and Claire is in loving critical condition. I'm at the point where you put the gear in and monsters start swarming. I usually run up the stairs and pray to god Claire doesn't die.

She dies.

Any suggestions? I've tried switching to Claire so that I can grab the herb and heal here, but then Moira, who's at full health, gets killed.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

I wish Claire used her loving guns when I'm not playing as her. I've been using Moira, and Claire is in loving critical condition. I'm at the point where you put the gear in and monsters start swarming. I usually run up the stairs and pray to god Claire doesn't die.

She dies.

Any suggestions? I've tried switching to Claire so that I can grab the herb and heal here, but then Moira, who's at full health, gets killed.

Yeah this was my exact scenario too actually. You wanna have Moira selected when you put the gear in, get her rear end in there and start spinning the fire trap, swap to Claire as fast as possible and get her to turn the valve, and hopefully you have a firebomb for the enemies that get through before the flamethrower springs to life.

You just gotta brute-force this part, once you're done with it you'll be able to purchase skills and can get the one that makes AI Claire/Barry use their weapons at no ammo cost, but with reduced firepower.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

There's a skill that does that. I was able to afford it after playing through the stage once. it works for both Barry and Claire but their firepower is reduced.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh so that's where the fire-breathing bust is.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Oh so that's where the fire-breathing bust is.

Yeah I didn't understand how that was supposed to be a bust in any way either, I just noticed that there was an E prompt near the back of it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I actually just whiffed on that part because I didn't know the enemies respawned indefinitely and thought I'd respin the bust after killing the first wave and check the now-open cells for items/see if the control booth I saw earlier had opened. Now I gotta do it all over again :(

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

Raid mode seems to crash every time I start a mission as Moira. It worked as Claire, but then hung on the results screen while trying to upload.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish the PC port didn't run so awfully. especially with how well RE6 ran.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish the PC port didn't run so awfully. especially with how well RE6 ran.

It is weird. All the RE6 maps run terribly. Especially anything with fire in it. Also shooting people for the first time causes major hiccups.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It runs poorly for you? Switch the "Scanlines" graphics option to 59 hertz and see if that works, or turn off V-Sync.

Even then, it still sometimes hitches for me. But my computer is nearly 4 years old at this point. Still, that scanlines option seems to really make a difference.

edit: Oh, I'm not the only one shooting people for the first time and getting a hiccup? Capcom has always been good with their engines but it looks like this one is different than the last ones. Even RE6 runs perfectly on my crappy machine.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah it was sort of jarring to see Rev2 perform so poorly, I've mostly been playing ports of 3DS or Gamecube games when it comes to Resident Evil lately so I wasn't sure if it was the game or my computer.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

For what it's worth, split-screen in the campaign is actually insanely fun for both parties

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
An error occurred while updating Revelations 2(content still encrypted.) :ughh:

loving PC gaming.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So the entire season only has 4 raid mode characters if you don't buy them?that sucks. Half the fun of raid mode is unlocking stuff.

I figured buying the season pass bought me the potential to have everything. I don't think I would have bought it if I had known there was bullshit dlc. Really don't like supporting that. Making it episodic was also dumb and pointless.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I've gotten 30 medallions but still haven't unlocked the any characters. One was supposed to be unlocked at 10. Do I have to beat the game first?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Renoistic posted:

I've gotten 30 medallions but still haven't unlocked the any characters. One was supposed to be unlocked at 10. Do I have to beat the game first?

completion medallions are like S ranks in rev1- you've got to do all the challenges in one go, meaning no herbs used, equal/lower level than challenge and all enemies killed while still finishing the mission.
oddly, the weird freemium continue crystals don't count towards this at all

oh, capcom

also i really wish raid was online right now. i see you goin' nuts on it lunethex I SEE YOU

i don't think there are enough completion medals at the moment but do you know who the last unlockable character is at the moment?

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 26, 2015

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Hahaha, wait. Does the PC campaign just not have coop and is never going to have coop? Holy poo poo

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Hahaha, wait. Does the PC campaign just not have coop and is never going to have coop? Holy poo poo
It will have raid coop; it just won't have local campaign coop. Which is honestly not a big deal in my book because local only coop is super dumb in this day and age.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

It doesnt have local coop or online coop at the moment. Pretty sure local coop isn't coming but once all the epsiodes are out PC version gets online coop.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So how much raid content do I get for my :10bux:?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

NESguerilla posted:

So the entire season only has 4 raid mode characters if you don't buy them?that sucks. Half the fun of raid mode is unlocking stuff.

I figured buying the season pass bought me the potential to have everything. I don't think I would have bought it if I had known there was bullshit dlc. Really don't like supporting that. Making it episodic was also dumb and pointless.

They'll add more in the next episode. The season pass gets you Hunk, that's 5, and you can unlock two more. Wesker is 2.50.

Lunethex posted:

Their weak spot is that stitched up bloody part on their neck, I guess it's their heart. A few shots there will stun them for a melee and a follow up.

I have always been impatient but having to wait for weekly chapters is a slap in the face to me, whatever their intention. I just want to play RE and shoot things as superhuman normal people and unlock a shirtless Chris costume at some point :sigh:

Raid mode is baller, nonetheless.

"I don't want to wait a week at a time to play! Why can't I wait three weeks to play it instead?"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a difference between this $40 pc version people are talking about and the $25 ps4 version? That's the highest I saw an option for.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
What's the key to turn on Barry's flashlight?

I read that there's going to be daily raid quests, which aren't implemented yet as far as I saw?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Niggurath posted:

It will have raid coop; it just won't have local campaign coop. Which is honestly not a big deal in my book because local only coop is super dumb in this day and age.

That's what I mean, I thought it would eventually have some sort of online coop for the campaign once the servers went up. God drat, Capcom

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Is there a difference between this $40 pc version people are talking about and the $25 ps4 version? That's the highest I saw an option for.
Well if you've got paypal, you can always go to Nuuvem and get the full uber edition for $20: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2639-resident-evil-revelations-2-full-bundle

That's what I mean, I thought it would eventually have some sort of online coop for the campaign once the servers went up. God drat, Capcom
It's weird you assume there's online campaign coop since the first game didn't have it and from what I've been able to tell consoles won't either. They'll just be stuck in local coop for campaign.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Niggurath posted:

Well if you've got paypal, you can always go to Nuuvem and get the full uber edition for $20: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2639-resident-evil-revelations-2-full-bundle

Well I already got the uberest one they offer on PS4. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between that and the version on steam that people are saying is $39.99. The one in your link appears to be the same content as the PS4 season pass.

Edit: looks like you have to 'buy" the extra season pass stuff from the store for free. Not seeing where the raid mode maps are unless they are automatically added though.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Well I already got the uberest one they offer on PS4. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between that and the version on steam that people are saying is $39.99. The one in your link appears to be the same content as the PS4 season pass.

Edit: looks like you have to 'buy" the extra season pass stuff from the store for free. Not seeing where the raid mode maps are unless they are automatically added though.
Yeah, they're probably just the same version. The naming conventions on these are weird....like the steam version has a 'complete' version which is just the entire season while it as one called 'Resident Evil Revelations 2' and that contains all the special content?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

You still get to unlock characters. I know you unlock Moira and someone else for beating the first episode, and I know you can unlock Jill too. I'm assuming more characters will get added with each episode.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Having a ton of framerate issues. :smith:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's cool. Not big on the DLC but I still hope theres a decent chunk of unlockable stuff in Raid.

So, is there a trick to beating this part where the cells open and like 15 enemies run out? I've died at least 6 times and it doesn't seem like I can make use of this fire statue thing with the way it's pointed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Relin posted:

I read that there's going to be daily raid quests, which aren't implemented yet as far as I saw?

It's R3 on the PS4 but I can't say beyond that.

Daily raid quests are set up there too so I assume they should be on the PC already.

NESguerilla posted:

That's cool. Not big on the DLC but I still hope theres a decent chunk of unlockable stuff in Raid.

So, is there a trick to beating this part where the cells open and like 15 enemies run out? I've died at least 6 times and it doesn't seem like I can make use of this fire statue thing with the way it's pointed.

Turn the fire statue. There are handles at the back.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Niggurath posted:

It's weird you assume there's online campaign coop since the first game didn't have it and from what I've been able to tell consoles won't either. They'll just be stuck in local coop for campaign.

I was basing my assumption more on RE5 and 6, in addition to the campaign being very clearly designed for coop. On a more basic level I was assuming that if it had splitscreen coop for both modes on PS4, it would correspondingly have online coop available for both modes on PC :shrug:

edit: Oh, also on the fact that the Steam store page explicitly said that it featured campaign coop until this very day

Good Lord Fisher! fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 26, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Relin posted:

Z by default.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

You can turn the flamethrower statue. Also if you have any exploding bottles it's a good time to use them.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Fereydun posted:

completion medallions are like S ranks in rev1- you've got to do all the challenges in one go, meaning no herbs used, equal/lower level than challenge and all enemies killed while still finishing the mission.
oddly, the weird freemium continue crystals don't count towards this at all

oh, capcom

Thanks for this. It really is hilarious that you can get the "don't use healing" medallion if you actually die and use a crystal - I did that myself earlier today.

About daily missions: I got two of them today on PC. One normal and one Claire exclusive.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh thanks. I didn't even notice you could turn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So I haven't picked up the Complete Season yet but does HUNK unlock immediately when you download him or is it one of those download then unlock sort of deals.