Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Voted Worst Mom posted:

He's probably going to lecture her and end up having psykos stay with those guys who have the dog

Those heroes are absolutely unequipped to live with three dragon class monsters.

Saitama should find even more monsters to live with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
It's kinda like Nanoha's "befriending" tactic, only in this case he doesn't want all these hanger-ons.

That said, I expect the whole complex to have all its residents replaced by people who Saitama beat.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know, discussion in the Murata thread has got me wondering:

Does anybody else think Lightspeed Flash might come from the same ninja village or even the same family as Speed of Sound (:lol:) Sonic? They're drawn similarly in the redraw and in the Garou arc we've seen that Flash has a ninja sword, so in retrospect I feel this was painfully obvious and that I'm an idiot for not noticing until recently. Someone might have even brought it up long, long ago and I just might not have stumbled onto it.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You know, discussion in the Murata thread has got me wondering:

Does anybody else think Lightspeed Flash might come from the same ninja village or even the same family as Speed of Sound (:lol:) Sonic? They're drawn similarly in the redraw and in the Garou arc we've seen that Flash has a ninja sword, so in retrospect I feel this was painfully obvious and that I'm an idiot for not noticing until recently. Someone might have even brought it up long, long ago and I just might not have stumbled onto it.

Well, considering that ONE seems to not be a huge fan of some tropes, I'd say that a relationship between Sonic and Lightspeed is not very likely. I mean, each one considers themselves to be the fastest, they never mention anyone else or any rivals they had, and Sonic doesn't seem to know any of the other heroes. Having them be a long-lost relative or friend just seems like the kind of thing ONE would try to avoid, not to mention it's already been established that regular people can get monstrously strong by physical training (Tank Top Master, Darkshine, Prisoner, Saitama) the same is probably true of speed, so you don't need to be from some secret ninja village. Plus, swords are just cool and you want a weapon you can control the speed and direction of when you're moving that fast. We don't have any hard evidence either way, so at this point I'd say it's possible but highly unlikely.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
More

http://bato.to/read/_/303099/onepunch-man-original_ch99--v2-_by_anonymous

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
There will probably be a point were Saitaman's inappropriate reaction will stop being funny, but this isn't it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My sandal broke!!! :mad:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

My sandal broke!!! :mad:

He says that as he casually saves Psykos. :smug:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 10, 2015

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

How often do these come out? I'm hankerin' for the next chapter.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Completely erratically. A new chapter only comes out when ONE feels like it; this is just something he does on the side for fun.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE seems to be focused on Mob Psycho right now, just read that

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

ONE seems to be focused on Mob Psycho right now, just read that

I don't wanna read that, I wanna read about Saitama :qq:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yes you do want to read mob psycho. Go read it

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Parrotine posted:

Davinci posted:

Yes you do want to read mob psycho. Go read it

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I may be alone, but I found Mob Psycho quite boring and gave up after a couple of chapters. Then again, I also don't find One Punch Man to be all that funny and enjoy it not for the humor most of the time, but because it has a good story, interesting characters etc. I never really connected to anything in Mob. If he found One Punch Man hilarious he'll probably enjoy Mob though.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

tsob posted:

but because it has a good story, interesting characters etc.

know whats funny? its almost like mob psycho has both of these things as well...

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah it's got a big of a slow start, but if definitely has that a well, perhaps even more than one punch man

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The Fresh Prince posted:

know whats funny? its almost like mob psycho has both of these things as well...

I read the first 5 or 10 chapters and didn't see either. Just a conman running a rather dull kid around the place constantly. Things may pick up later in the story, but I didn't find the opening enjoyable enough to invest in more of it where I pretty much loved One Punch Man from the outset despite not finding it nearly as funny as most people seem to. You like the manga, and that's nice and all, but I didn't really care for anything in it personally and was just offering my opinion so that Shaolin Fuckfiend, Parrotine or whoever has some variety of opinion on it to consider.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
There's a considerable amount of character development later on in Mob Psycho 100. I'll say that the status quo established in the beginning doesn't stay the same.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

tsob posted:

I read the first 5 or 10 chapters and didn't see either. Just a conman running a rather dull kid around the place constantly. Things may pick up later in the story, but I didn't find the opening enjoyable enough to invest in more of it where I pretty much loved One Punch Man from the outset despite not finding it nearly as funny as most people seem to. You like the manga, and that's nice and all, but I didn't really care for anything in it personally and was just offering my opinion so that Shaolin Fuckfiend, Parrotine or whoever has some variety of opinion on it to consider.

That's like chucking an animal carcass into a nice beef stew.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I only read the first chapter and well, if you're also unable to read more than one chapter, my opinion on mob psycho is

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

tsob posted:

lol, did you even get to the introduction of dimple?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Fresh Prince posted:

lol, did you even get to the introduction of dimple?

Dimple, nothing. The body improvement club is where it is at.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Another great thing about Mob Psycho is that you can see the development of ONE as an artist, unlike One Punch Man, he actually puts effort into his mob psycho drawings and at the beginning it looks awful and gradually gets better and better to now where it's actually legitimately good art

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Parrotine posted:

If you like OPM you'll like Mob Psycho 100. The main character is basically Saitama as a high schooler, except instead of unreal physical power he has unreal psychic power. I wouldn't be surprised if it's set a bit before OPM and Mob is Blast.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Actually no.
Reigen is more like Saitama.

When hes not a money grubbing oppurtunist.

MP100 deals with sort of the same themes as OPM, mainly though the arrogance of people and society.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I read through both OPM and MP100 recently, and I think I like OPM quite a bit more. MP100 wobbles between being a satire and just being a superpowered action series. Not necessarily in an indecisive way or anything, more like it just takes way too long to get to the punchline (or emotional climax, or whatever) sometimes. For that reason I enjoyed reading it much less. Reigen's a good character though.

By contrast, even when OPM is doing the absurd action setpiece stuff, everything about it is still fundamentally ridiculous enough that it's always funny.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If you like OPM you'll like Mob Psycho 100. The main character is basically Saitama as a high schooler, except instead of unreal physical power he has unreal psychic power. I wouldn't be surprised if it's set a bit before OPM and Mob is Blast.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Were doing this man

Where making it happen

e:

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 11, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm cool so my reaction to this is calm and collected.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I'll hold off my freak out until I have some teaser video showing the quality. If it's superb (and anything less would be a dishonor to Murata and One), I will appropriately lose my poo poo.

^^^^^ Haha, I see our two avatars as our respective reactions to if the anime is up to snuff :haw:

Reiche fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 11, 2015

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
They probably produce a couple of sample clips, show them to Murata, who then proceeds to tear them apart and starts to reanimate everything by himself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
As long as they don't bastardize his art style like they did with ES21, I'm down.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What if the marketing is a trick and it's animated in ONE's style.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even better.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rodyle posted:

throw in some 60s hannah-barbera sound effects and we're good.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lamebot posted:

throw in some 60s hannah-barbera sound effects and we're good.

It's not complete without looping backgrounds!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is it bad that I want this in one's style? After getting use to it I feel as though it fits the series better.

Rodyle posted:

even better

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New poo poo: http://imgur.com/a/rTi27

Saitama is not amused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

How rude, constantly hitting a guy with pebbles while he tries to talk.