Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

FOOLS. GIVE IT TO DEMOCRACY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Little Mac posted:

You have one minute to give me a fun for best ending

is it suicide?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Total eclipse of the fart.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Effective immediately, Operative Mills has been tasked with investigating and resolving the explosion which took the life of Diplomatic Attaché capps. He is given authority to act as he sees fit pursuant to his investigation.

~

Mills has been given a gun! Again, the rules for the gun are:
  • The gun is a one-shot gun that only works on D1.
  • To use the gun, the action ##shoot <playername> should be used in the thread.
  • If the gun is not used by the time the day ends (hammer or deadline), the gun is lost.
  • The gun being used does not end the day, and everyone except for the person being shot can continue discussion as normal.

Final Tally:

Mills (4) - AnonNarc, Grandicap, merk, Diqnol
Murmur Twin (3) - Dr. Hurt, Ernie, PMom
PMom (1) - Little Mac
Diqnol - Poque

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 26, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Total eclipse of the fart.

Once upon a time Mills was given a gun so he could take a shot in the dark
There's nothing you can do, a vigilante that comes from the heart

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
but Mills is dead. it's canon

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Democracy.... failed.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mills. Never shoot the gun.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Poque posted:

but Mills is dead. it's canon

Technically Yeezus West is dead, the mills clone.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
shoot the gun.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills, now that you have the gun, how do you feel? What fucker gonna get got?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The mills who shot, liberty valance.
Mills shot, liberty valance.
He was the bravest mills of all.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mills is it true that guns are very phallic and that your love of the gun is really just an extension of some sort of envy?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shoot this Hurt guy. First he compares you to Adolf Hitler, now he thinks Freud is a legitimate psychologist

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

True and Real posted:

Shoot this Hurt guy. First he compares you to Adolf Hitler, now he thinks Freud is a legitimate psychologist

Well when in Berlin do what the jelly doughnuts do. . .

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

True and Real posted:

Once upon a time Mills was given a gun so he could take a shot in the dark
There's nothing you can do, a vigilante that comes from the heart

thanks a lot now this is stuck in my head :argh:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills I am so happy for you!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Someone edit the "congratulations" scene from Evangelion but with Kanye West instead of Shinji.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

can everyone please stop talking about the gun, its really misogynistic

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

In other news, there's a new sheriff in town. :clint:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Better get started on this witch hunt then. :clint:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal, why didn't you vote for this Sheriff?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There's a new daddy in town.

A discipline daddy, gonna spank you around.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Poque posted:

discipline daddy

title of your sex tape

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
ahem. content.

so who are you going to shoot, sheriff mills?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Probably Hal. It's the thematically correct choice.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey Mills, it's Ernie.

He's making conclusions on alignment based on disagreements over general mafia arguments rather than other player conclusions about alignment. That is, he's hiding his scum and town reads in general mafia argument instead of actual alignment discussion.

Confirmed Town based on an agreement over a general mafia discussion:

Murmur Twin posted:

Don't you think that using the gun in a majority-rules fashion (requiring people to actively state who they want to shoot) is better than giving it to one person who either (a) doesn't know who scum is or (b) is scum themselves?

Ernie. posted:

MMT is confirmed town, because this is exactly how I feel as well.

Scum based on a disagreement over a general mafia discussion:

merk posted:

I will build as large and in depth as possible of a case on someone and fire the shot in the same post. I also will do this probably 1-2 hours after receiving the gun, depending on my evening availability.

Ernie posted:

I'm uncomfortable with merk's suggestion here. He makes a provision to use his gun in the scummiest way possible, i.e. allowing himself to manufacture an opinion and kill its target in one post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mills: To put it shortly, theorycrafting about how we use the gun before it is given out is an argument that is ripe for the Discussion Thread. Ernie is faking alignment reads based on a Discussion Thread argument. If that is how we play mafia, I would have voted you out of the Discussion Thread months ago.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Merk

I don't like that Merk hunting for scum strictly depends on whether he gets the gun or not. If he has big cases he should be putting them out there regardless.

This vote also bothered me a lot when MMT made it, but I've cooled off after reviewing the thread again in context looking for more Ernie stuff. I'm not sure why I've cooled off besides to say that it feels less scummy from a gut perspective, but there you go.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
....back to the depths of lurking until I see something new.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm around but I don't have a chance to read until tonight. I won't be doing any shooting til tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing that. I will give it consideration on my proper read tonight.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

And again merk point blank ignores what I'm saying phrasing it as a general mafia discussion.

I am saying merk, the person, the player, the champion, personally is scummy because given how difficult it is to cuddle him he wouldn't be at all fearful of talking yourself out of the repercussions of a misvig.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Phone posting is the worst. I mean himself

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

And again merk point blank ignores what I'm saying phrasing it as a general mafia discussion.

I am saying merk, the person, the player, the champion, personally is scummy because given how difficult it is to cuddle him he wouldn't be at all fearful of talking yourself out of the repercussions of a misvig.

No, I feel like you were definitely doing the first thing. I don't understand what you mean. It feels like you're saying it's impossible for merk to make an honest case.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Does anyone understand my point or should I drop it?

For someone who is confident in their unlunchability like merk is to say that they will both case and vig someone in the same post its scummy because it allows them to downplay the shock of their actions before they even get their gun. The only reason merk would make that his platform is if he knew what he was going to do might be controversial. Like if I were to ask for the gun the last thing on my mind would be to make sure that the town understands that it might be rushed from casing to vigging in a single post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

Hal, why didn't you vote for this Sheriff?

You know I was voting you in my heart.

I had a really bad day of travel/work and I checked back into the thread like 5 minutes after voting deadline. Oops!

I suppose shooting me would be the height of comedy though. At least wait until 24 hours from now because by then I will be back in a hotel with plenty of time to post so I'd like to get to actually say something of value in this game!

Also, I totally understand what you are saying Ernie.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You have 24 hours, Hal.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mills posted:

You have 24 hours, Hal.

That's not gonna work when the day ends in less than 22 hours...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills, shoot someone with enough time for us to figure out who to lynch post flip. Hell, shoot me if you want.

• Locked thread