Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

Mills, shoot someone with enough time for us to figure out who to lynch post flip. Hell, shoot me if you want.

This is terrible posturing.

##vote Trill

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

We're not lynching proven quantity Diqnol on D1. Your vote is not helpful today.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

title of your sex tape

brooklyn mother loving nine nine

:hfive:

if anyone messes with narc over here, they're messing with me

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also, I totally understand what you are saying Ernie.

thank you

i suspect mills gets it too but he's not engaging me on it, so *shrugh*

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I haven't read it yet Ernie.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The problem with guns is that they usually stifle conversation as everyone waits for something to happen. I'd like to see opinions on why the following players are town or scum: LM, Hal, Hurt, Poque.

I will be shooting someone based on these posts, and it may well be someone who fails to respond.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque hasn't made a single alignment call in the game. He joke around in the thread, and then dove deep into gun mechanics chat. Scummy - the only time he's engaged with the thread is when he hasn't had to do any (fake any) scumhunting.

Hal also hasn't engaged with the game too much, but you don't see the same kind of selective engagement when it's easy that Poque did, so I feel better about him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

This is terrible posturing.

##vote Trill

How is it posturing at all, you silly silly man?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Mills I woke up early just for you!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Alright I'm here and active. Other than gungate, anyone I should be looking at as I start reading?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

weekly font posted:

Alright I'm here and active. Other than gungate, anyone I should be looking at as I start reading?

Probably merk and Ernie, their interaction and responses to each other are the most interesting so far.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm still feeling Pmom for scum, personally. Give Pmom posts some consideration, thread!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"still"? you didn't mention you thought i was scummy before

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

"still"? you didn't mention you thought i was scummy before

You just made me double take and I back read to make sure I'm not conflating my games, but I definitely don't like the way you approached the gun thing or your vote/case on Grandi.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the fact that i was right and you were wrong on our reasoning re: the gun thing doesn't make me scum

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You can't be serious.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

do you see a ;) anywhere

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Not even sure what to say, other than, well, no?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

the fact that i was right and you were wrong on our reasoning re: the gun thing doesn't make me scum

In what way do you think you were right?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In what way do you think you were right?

We're not spending another day rehashing gunchat.

Who do you think is scum, AN?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

We're not spending another day rehashing gunchat.

Who do you think is scum, AN?

Haha ok. But I still agree with Trill over you.

Idk who is scum. This is only my second ever game of mafia so I don't know everyone's meta game or typical scum tells. I'll look through the thread again and see if anything stands out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

How is it posturing at all, you silly silly man?

You don't want to get shot. That's true independent of alignment. I don't get why you'd pretend otherwise as town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

You don't want to get shot. That's true independent of alignment. I don't get why you'd pretend otherwise as town.

I always long for early death but it never comes and I cry every time ;_;

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Haha ok. But I still agree with Trill over you.

Idk who is scum. This is only my second ever game of mafia so I don't know everyone's meta game or typical scum tells. I'll look through the thread again and see if anything stands out.

I know Narcotics is new and there are a lot of people who won't vote her today, but can we please dunk her tomorrow?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mills posted:

The problem with guns is that they usually stifle conversation as everyone waits for something to happen. I'd like to see opinions on why the following players are town or scum: LM, Hal, Hurt, Poque.

I will be shooting someone based on these posts, and it may well be someone who fails to respond.

It would be nice if you killed someone here soon so we can use that information for today's lynch. We only have 11 hours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It is 2:30 AM in Sydney.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

It would be nice if you killed someone here soon so we can use that information for today's lynch. We only have 11 hours.

Yeah, he's asleep.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So he really should've killed someone last night.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

It is 2:30 AM in Sydney.

i legit have "what time is it in sydney" pop up as an auto-fill on chrome all the time based on all the times I needed to know Mills' status

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yup!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Oh, welp. I thought it was majority for some reason.

Give the gun to me. I will use it in the most pro-town manner which everyone can probably agree. You also might learn something about my alignment based on what I do.

I promise that I will not fire off a shot with a :smug: and no case. I will build as large and in depth as possible of a case on someone and fire the shot in the same post. I also will do this probably 1-2 hours after receiving the gun, depending on my evening availability.

Give into my new attempt at playing mafia. Let me swing for the fences with this vig and a case.

Good job, everyone.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

On the plus side, I find the few hours before deadline to be the best part of mafia, so this vig should make for a very interesting couple of hours!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

So he really should've killed someone last night.

He can kill someone in like 6 hours when he gets up, that is still plenty of time

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

On the plus side, I find the few hours before deadline to be the best part of mafia, so this vig should make for a very interesting couple of hours!

I'm probably not going to be here for deadline! Thursday is date night with the wife.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I'm probably not going to be here for deadline! Thursday is date night with the wife.

gahhhh!!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

I know Narcotics is new and there are a lot of people who won't vote her today, but can we please dunk her tomorrow?

is this a thing? I liked her post during gunchat but haven't really noticed stuff otherwise. Feels more like Wall Monitor did in DS9 (newbie town trying to help out however they can) than anything

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I have a friend visiting, probably won't be able to be very active towards deadline (though will try to pop in once in a while).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

Sever.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actually, I might be back by 9pm Central.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poque posted:

is this a thing? I liked her post during gunchat but haven't really noticed stuff otherwise. Feels more like Wall Monitor did in DS9 (newbie town trying to help out however they can) than anything

i feel that the post i quoted reads a lot like cautious, newer scum.

• Locked thread