Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mills List from shoot to don't shoot:

Capps
Hal
Poque
Mac

if it were to happen right this second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That point feels pretty iffy.

I kind of doubt that Mills is still mad at me. I don't think he's that petty. I'm not even annoyed with him anymore and my avatar is now gross bullshit.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

weekly font posted:

Capps
Hal
Poque
Mac

hahahhahahahhahahahah you just called Dr Hurt mr. capps ahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha get owned hurt lmfao

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

That point feels pretty iffy.

I kind of doubt that Mills is still mad at me. I don't think he's that petty. I'm not even annoyed with him anymore and my avatar is now gross bullshit.

link to whatever you two were fighting about please

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

True and Real posted:

hahahhahahahhahahahah you just called Dr Hurt mr. capps ahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha get owned hurt lmfao

I don't even know how I did that when I was looking right at the list

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

link to whatever you two were fighting about please

Well, the thing is actually, it was in an ongoing game that they were both dead in, I had to shut the discussion down and Mills got mad at me over it, but it still happened and I think the wound is still fresh enough that Mills would at least think about shooting Somber, especially when Somber just tried to kill me in our very last game while I was town >:[

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

True and Real posted:

Well, the thing is actually, it was in an ongoing game that they were both dead in, I had to shut the discussion down and Mills got mad at me over it, but it still happened and I think the wound is still fresh enough that Mills would at least think about shooting Somber, especially when Somber just tried to kill me in our very last game while I was town >:[

This is so dumb.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

weekly font posted:

Actually yes I do, they're all people from the other game I'm in. :downs:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
link immediately

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

link immediately

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701201&userid=37985&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post441753703

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

merk posted:

link immediately

Me? It's SMT Mafia.

e: Oh. :downs: again

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Friendly Mod Reminder

Don't discuss ongoing game, yeah?

edit: For clarification, the Breach is not ongoing, SMT is.

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 26, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Like I've told Mills several times over PM, that's something I'm super happy to discuss once the game has ended but I don't feel comfortable talking about it right now. I'm over it and I'm the one with a loving turnip baby as an avatar so I must imagine Mills is as well. I dunno if we were ever really fighting.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I'm the one with a loving turnip baby as an avatar

I laughed pretty hard at this ty

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway, you can forget I brought it up. I just find it interesting that he listed 4 people and you weren't on that fairly large list.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I also hadn't really done poo poo. I feel bad I've been less active this game. I don't really see anything alignment indicative in Mills list other than it's very broad and I'll expect he'll ignore it anyway.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don't like that thread gave Mills, who hasn't done poo poo, a gun and he's looking at four people who also haven't done poo poo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

I don't think Poque is scum.

I think anyone saying they have a read on LM is questionable; guy has no posts.

Why don't you think I'm scum, and how does that mesh with me having a read on LM? He's probably my strongest suspicion right now for reasons posted earlier today.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also Mills can be an rear end but I don't think it's suspicious at all that he wouldn't waste a vig on somebody for revenge reasons from a different game entirely.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

Why don't you think I'm scum, and how does that mesh with me having a read on LM? He's probably my strongest suspicion right now for reasons posted earlier today.

You're not scum just because we disagree on LM; that's like the #1 SA Mafia failure we have. I think your read is questionable, not your alignment from making the read.

In short, your tone doesn't feel scummy. The one item that I disliked heavily I commented on, but then you made a post that made me feel OK about it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

The problem with guns is that they usually stifle conversation as everyone waits for something to happen. I'd like to see opinions on why the following players are town or scum: LM, Hal, Hurt, Poque.

I will be shooting someone based on these posts, and it may well be someone who fails to respond.

Little Mac: Uhh Null Tell? He hasn't said anything of worth to the game but to Little Mac that's not indicative of alignment!

Hal: He's interacting with the game and cases exactly how I expect town Hal to. If you shoot Hal I swear I'll petition the mod to give me a gun and I'll shoot you back.

Hurt: I don't like how Hurt tried to flip something I do in a lot of games (i.e. saying someone's town because their opinions aligned with mine) as scummy. And he then suspected MMT as well. It seems like he's going for the shotgun method for scumhunting instead of thinking things through.

Poku: Poku hasn't done the thing that he does when he's scum. If you're wondering what the thing is it's confidence. Town Poku is incredibly hesitant until it comes time to make a decision. And here he's barely voted.

merk posted:

Well Hal, I read your entire post history and have no idea what you think about anything. The one post you have that gets even close to content looks completely made up and doesn't even follow the actual happenings of the thread, so I'm going to put you in my scum bucket. You and Ernie can have a party.

Any bucket that's good enough for Hal is good enough for me!

weekly font posted:

I'm a little sad almost the entire thread has been arguing about gun mechanics. I'm a bit unfamiliar with the idea of gifting someone a vig and, in all honesty, I think the best policy is what Little Mac said, not shooting at all. But apparently Mills is an ace? We'll see I suppose.

Murmur Twin came off the worst during the entire exchange, merk came off the most, what's the word, "misguided?" I don't like what amounts to a double lynch at all. There's almost never going to be informed D1 lynches and then there certainly won't be time to make a second D1 lynch based on that flip's information. You also get to pull the trigger and then shirk all responsibility. Scum gets to point the fingers in both directions like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It's playing the roulette wheel if you're town and a great way to ensure in-fighting you're mafia.

Something about Merk is causing me to waiver. His case-shoot-go from there idea is very metagamey as it's predicated on his "new posting fashion" or whatever. It does nothing for me but make me think there is a clear ulterior motive. The thing is, I can't decide if it's a scum play or just self-centered experimentation.

In conclusion, I hate everything that happened and lynch Murmur Twin. ##vote Murmur Twin

I don't know if this post is a joke but it's setting off every alarm bell in my head. It's awkward, it's scared of not commenting about everything and it doesn't even attempt to scumhunt. Weekly Font starts excusing the cuddle before it even goes down by saying 'there's not going to be an informed decision' when we have a vig that can do it.

weekly font posted:

Re: Poque. It's mainly gut, he's done very little. However, I like these two posts because they are almost exactly what I was thinking as I was reading through the thread.

The lack of alignment calls makes him less townie than Grandicap (and it was probably poor of me to list them as strictly town in the same breath, they're NOT on the same tier) but I don't care at this point of the game.

This is better and now I'm confused.

merk posted:

A Town player should not care what other players think about their alignment.

I will always care what you think, regardless of my or your alignment, merk, because a good player always tells the truth but makes it work for them. :sun:

True and Real posted:

merk, I'm going to tell you this now: I will not vote for Ernie today. I am sick and tired of lynching him on d1 all the time. I don't dislike your case.

I'm glad someone has noticed. Unlike EXAKT or DuckHuntDog et al. I don't make a fuss about it, but it does get tedious getting emotionally invested in a game and then just being shoved out because of rigid expectations about playstyle. Thanks, Diq. :shobon:

True and Real posted:

I find it very curious, very curious indeed, that Mills doesn't want to shoot Somber. He's still mad at Somber in theory, right? Shouldn't Mills want to just knock him out? Hmmmmmmmmm

Mills probably expects that Somber is his pet case. He has no interest in using the vig the way he wants, but the way he thinks benefits town the most.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

there all caught up with 129 posts D:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

Poku: Poku hasn't done the thing that he does when he's scum. If you're wondering what the thing is it's confidence. Town Poku is incredibly hesitant until it comes time to make a decision. And here he's barely voted.

no, my biggest scumtell is making a soft case to PARTICIPATE in the d1 lynch of you

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ernie. posted:

I don't know if this post is a joke but it's setting off every alarm bell in my head. It's awkward, it's scared of not commenting about everything and it doesn't even attempt to scumhunt. Weekly Font starts excusing the cuddle before it even goes down by saying 'there's not going to be an informed decision' when we have a vig that can do it.

If you take out everything about Merk (because at that point I wasn't confident about my bad feeling about his opinions on guntalk) then it's pretty clear post about why I'm voting MMT.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Your case on Murmur Twin is "I disagree with her on something she's right about". It's not good.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The democratic method is terrible and I'm glad we didn't use it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"She disagreed with me about how to use the gun, so she's scummy" is not a case.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

"She disagreed with me about how to use the gun, so she's scummy" is not a case.

It could be framed to be :derp:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

That's really misrepresenting what I said. It's attempting to use and championing the use of a mechanic in a way that is anti town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

weekly font posted:

That's really misrepresenting what I said. It's attempting to use and championing the use of a mechanic in a way that is anti town.

So if you think that someone is scummy based on an anti-town way of using a mechanic, what do you think of what i've said of merk?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

weekly font posted:

I'm a little sad almost the entire thread has been arguing about gun mechanics. I'm a bit unfamiliar with the idea of gifting someone a vig and, in all honesty, I think the best policy is what Little Mac said, not shooting at all. But apparently Mills is an ace? We'll see I suppose.

PMom and Diqnol had this discussion earlier - if you think not shooting at all because there isn't enough information to make an educated decision who to shoot, why not vote No Lunch for day 1?

quote:

Murmur Twin came off the worst during the entire exchange, merk came off the most, what's the word, "misguided?" I don't like what amounts to a double lynch at all. There's almost never going to be informed D1 lynches and then there certainly won't be time to make a second D1 lynch based on that flip's information. You also get to pull the trigger and then shirk all responsibility. Scum gets to point the fingers in both directions like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It's playing the roulette wheel if you're town and a great way to ensure in-fighting you're mafia.

It's a chicken/egg thing. The reason that there are no informed D1 lynches is that no one has flipped yet. Shooting someone, even someone who might be town, is better for the sake of information gathering to inform future decisions.

quote:

Something about Merk is causing me to waiver. His case-shoot-go from there idea is very metagamey as it's predicated on his "new posting fashion" or whatever. It does nothing for me but make me think there is a clear ulterior motive. The thing is, I can't decide if it's a scum play or just self-centered experimentation.

This feels like an attempt to force content. "Merk might be scum but he might not be".

weekly font posted:

Capps
Hal
Poque
Mac

Actually yes I do, they're all people from the other game I'm in.

While the typo seems innocuous, the fact that he consciously felt the need to offer up an explanation feels to me like WF is aware of how people are perceiving him and trying to make sure he doesn't look shady. This implies scum.

weekly font posted:

The democratic method is terrible and I'm glad we didn't use it.

Can you be more specific about why it's terrible and anti-town, addressing my first two points above?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really appreciate Murmur's approach to the game so far and I don't understand font's vote on her whatsoever.

weekly font posted:

Are you trying to blame Murmur for our situation being like a double lynch? I don't get why you'd include the sentences about "double lynch" and "certainly won't be time" in a sentence when you're trying to case somebody - you don't connect this back to MMT whatsoever throughout the entire paragraph. It's like you're saying that she's the worst but follow it up with arguments about game mechanics that don't relate to her and aren't as a result of her. It's like how PMom and I went down - I disagreed with the way he wanted to go about using the gun, but him presenting the argument didn't make him scum. Murmur put out a possibility of how to use the gun the same as many other people did.

weekly font posted:

Why is it anti-town?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

True and Real posted:

I want everyone in the game to comment on those 4 players. Again, for those of you who need glitter and poo poo idk MARKETING here:

What do you think of the following players:

۩Little Mac
۞Hal
εїзDr. Hurt
Poque

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It is 6:30am in Sydney. Judging by Mills' likely banker hangover, we will get a kill in two hours.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I've been reading for the last 30 minutes. :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mills usually wakes up about this time.

[ask] me about forums posters' sleep habits

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh there you go

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think we got a fair bit of conversation out of that. The only people I didn't notice posting were Hurt, Grandi, Little Mac.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think Hurt is a good kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ernie is the best kill outside of your list.

• Locked thread