Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Oh snap, they're performing Unite Morphs now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Oxxidation posted:

My guess is that they actually performed the dance correctly, and the last step is a show of dominance.
I think the last panel is always blank and they're supposed to add a new move to the dance, making it longer and longer each generation.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Can Of Worms posted:

I think the last panel is always blank and they're supposed to add a new move to the dance, making it longer and longer each generation.

I like this, this sounds cool.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Can Of Worms posted:

A drat good answer.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's the panel where the monkey mating dance ends and the brutal monkey mating begins.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
That's a good explanation but the translation makes it sound like there was placeholder for it and it was particularly removed. It's probably nitro-related.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Is it hosed up that this is the only manga going right now where I get to the end and desperately want the next chapter to be out immediately

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rei_ posted:

Is it hosed up that this is the only manga going right now where I get to the end and desperately want the next chapter to be out immediately

No that is pretty natural. You should also get hungry, too.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hungry for balls, just like Zebra. It's like the late 1990s Internet never ended!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That four-man punch is gross as hell.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Green Intern posted:

That four-man punch is gross as hell.

...he said while reading the comic about violently plucking and eating fresh, fragrant monkey testicles.

Basically I'm only reading this and One Piece and I'm satisfied with that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Toriko as a whole is pretty gross, but that's why I like it

(Tommyrod forever)

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Butt bugs and giant old man face skin anyone?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Reiche posted:

Butt bugs and giant old man face skin anyone?

Don't forget butt salt

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Voted Worst Mom posted:

That's a good explanation but the translation makes it sound like there was placeholder for it and it was particularly removed. It's probably nitro-related.

It might be explained like this:

Step 1
Step 2
[ ]
Party

(Years pass)

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3 <- Used to be blank
[ ] <- party was here
Party

So there will always be a mark and it is 100% intentional.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Voted Worst Mom posted:

'Like it was never there'
They're going to have to look into the inverted color dimension to see it, like Toriko did with Komatsu's heart.

At the time Komatsus heart got Candlejacked they all couldnt sense or find it either.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So Coco was planning on betraying them this whole time? That's not a very clever nitro...:sweatdrop:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Matoi Ryuko posted:

So Coco was planning on betraying them this whole time? That's not a very clever nitro...:sweatdrop:

Kaka, Coco is one of the main characters.

Also she is a Blue Nitro who have been hyped up as strong as hell. Acacia considered them to be unbeatable.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kaka, Coco is one of the main characters.

Also she is a Blue Nitro who have been hyped up as strong as hell. Acacia considered them to be unbeatable.

Yeah. Kaka. Seemed like a pretty chumly nitro.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The only good Nitro is a dead nitro

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

The only good Nitro is a sauteed nitro with crispy smashed potatoes on the side topped with an avocado aioli.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 28, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What do you suppose is the Capture level for a Nitro?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Mraagvpeine posted:

What do you suppose is the Capture level for a Nitro?

For the blue ones, probably something that has to be expressed with scientific notation.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also, definitely gonna vary massively according to individual.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
At this point capture levels might as well go out the window. People can stun the entire planet, single swings of arms destroy satellites from the ground, hearts can be pulled from living bodies into nether worlds.

Granted, levels are for animals not people, but with this power creep, numbers seem to be quickly lacking the ability to describe animals strength in the gourmet world. Were on our 2nd king already, and "unbeatable" blue nitro to come. I just don't see how the current system stays relevant due to the ridiculous power creep

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I hope they keep the capture levels and not just ignore them like DBZ did with power levels after Frieza. I want them fighting a seventy quadrillion capture level cow or something.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

K. Flaps posted:

I hope they keep the capture levels and not just ignore them like DBZ did with power levels after Frieza. I want them fighting a seventy quadrillion capture level cow or something.

Yeah like even the "incalculable" ones came back later with like 6,870 or some poo poo. Guys, we're not even in the tens of thousands yet. We can easily get into the millions.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My hope for capture levels is that the final thing gets estimated and it just shows up on a screen as graham's number.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
That's how the space arc is going to end, when they're eating planets.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

K. Flaps posted:

That's how the space arc is going to end, when they're eating planets.

God is the universe and we're now living inside of Acacia's stomach.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I think I stopped reading this manga around episode 70, and decided to take a look at what was happening at the moment. That was quite the experience.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

nerdz posted:

I think I stopped reading this manga around episode 70, and decided to take a look at what was happening at the moment. That was quite the experience.

Don't you feel terrible now? GO RE READ THE ENTIRE THING TO EXPUNGE YOUR SHAME.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

nerdz posted:

This post made me reread chapter 160 and the corresponding arc. :munch:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah no foolin'. I still reread the Cooking Fest arc on occasion because it's just such a great ride once poo poo goes down and everyone hulks out.

It's just a such a satisfying arc start to finish for me.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Reiche posted:

Yeah no foolin'. I still reread the Cooking Fest arc on occasion because it's just such a great ride once poo poo goes down and everyone hulks out.

It's just a such a satisfying arc start to finish for me.

Yeah, remember when Toriko hulked out and became a rainbow troll-doll.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Shhhhh. I want to quietly never think about that again.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The final few episodes jumped the shark in the best of ways.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The final episodes of the anime, if I recall correctly, were like if instead of doing the normal thing where they make up an arc to buy time to catch up to the manga, they decided to just go balls to the wall and explode the entire series with a huge load of TNT.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The only redeeming feature of the anime ending was Joa's fantastic expressions.

Well actually, they hinted at Tommyrod still being alive which I honestly wish was true. Too bad Satan hair always leaves a clean plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Reiche posted:

The only redeeming feature of the anime ending was Joa's fantastic expressions.

Well actually, they hinted at Tommyrod still being alive which I honestly wish was true. Too bad Satan hair always leaves a clean plate

Maybe sunny will spit him out. :shrug:

• Locked thread