Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
fountain hooks might be gone but bone7 is doing some really entertaining lassos :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
NiP: start strong, finish like a wet fart.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
did nip out-c9 c9

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lol that ending

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

did nip out-c9 c9

it all comes down to how tilted they are for game 2

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Taffer posted:

The entire point of qualifiers are to let the unknowns/unsures prove who's better. That is fine and good. But now every tournament wants to just sell hats so they have really long qualifiers (and now PRE-qualifiers) where even the best teams have to play all of the poo poo-tier teams just to play in the real tournament. Those teams should be getting direct invites while the lesser known or lesser skilled teams fight for spots. Tournaments are just whoring out the big teams in qualifiers to get viewers and it makes for an overdose of 1 sided games. A good tournament would focus on the main event and try to get highly competitive games against similarly skilled teams. Qualifiers are the opposite of that.

I don't really agree with this at all, especially for a tournament of the size of The Summit 2. Look at the EU qualifiers for this tournament, it is seriously packed with good teams, many of which could not only give Secret a run for their money but even win the series against them(though obviously, we can all agree, Alliance should have been excluded in favor of someone like Hellraisers or NiP). Maybe Secret deserves a direct invite, but I don't think its egregious at all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

I don't really agree with this at all, especially for a tournament of the size of The Summit 2. Look at the EU qualifiers for this tournament, it is seriously packed with good teams, many of which could not only give Secret a run for their money but even win the series against them(though obviously, we can all agree, Alliance should have been excluded in favor of someone like Hellraisers or NiP). Maybe Secret deserves a direct invite, but I don't think its egregious at all.

And then you have the american qualifiers which has EG and nothing else. The second slot from america should probably have gone to europe (or china)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Andrast posted:

And then you have the american qualifiers which has EG and nothing else. The second slot from america should probably have gone to europe (or china)

Probably China since EU doesn't need three slots, imo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't mind some regional bias from the tournament hosts as long as different regions host these lans. Logistics do come up, for an event on NA time it makes sense to have more NA teams than a ~good~ representation, maybe.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If they had called it "qualifier stage 1" and "qualifier stage 2" instead of pre-qualifier no one would complain. and besides that, the point of these qualis is not really to let the unknowns suss out who's better (no single bo3 or whatever is going to prove that anyway. Like if you think 4ASC would beat HR in a BO99 I'd say you're probably nuts), it's to give a chance to all the teams BTS thought deserved a chance.

Alliance should do the respectable thing and drop out on their own. They know they aren't a real team right now and I would think they wouldn't be selfish enough to take another team's spot for this tournament when they obviously don't have a stable roster. But if they don't, it's not going to ruin this tournament

BTW the summit 2 had two qualifier stages as well (brackets to determine two teams joining the round robin stage). So . . . no idea what people were expecting

emdash fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 26, 2015

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
jonas seems to be the weak spot for NIP, is that the case?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The dotapit camera guy is way too happy to overcommunicate stuff, leave ui stuff up too long, and toggling fog around, while not managing to center the camera on actual events.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
EE plays.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The dotapit camera guy is way too happy to overcommunicate stuff, leave ui stuff up too long, and toggling fog around, while not managing to center the camera on actual events.

The fog-toggling is a HUGE pain in the rear end, especially because they're doing it when fights are about to happen.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

After watching EE pub, I just imagine him blaming everyone on C9 and shaming them into tilting

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Shes Not Impressed posted:

After watching EE pub, I just imagine him blaming everyone on C9 and shaming them into tilting

People legitimately want to play with EE (like n0tail and Arteezy), so I think this forum probably has no idea what they're talking about with the regards to the inner workings of the team.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

People legitimately want to play with EE (like n0tail and Arteezy), so I think this forum probably has no idea what they're talking about with the regards to the inner workings of the team.

Stockholm syndrome is real

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it's stockholm syndrome when you sign up to join the team in the first place. Also the swede on c9 got kicked anyway!!

Pubs and Teams aren't remotely the same environment. A competitive attitude in the latter is more appropriate than the same attitude in the former.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
this pause hahahha

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The shadiest of pauses

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Taffer posted:

The entire point of qualifiers are to let the unknowns/unsures prove who's better. That is fine and good. But now every tournament wants to just sell hats so they have really long qualifiers (and now PRE-qualifiers) where even the best teams have to play all of the poo poo-tier teams just to play in the real tournament. Those teams should be getting direct invites while the lesser known or lesser skilled teams fight for spots. Tournaments are just whoring out the big teams in qualifiers to get viewers and it makes for an overdose of 1 sided games. A good tournament would focus on the main event and try to get highly competitive games against similarly skilled teams. Qualifiers are the opposite of that.

Did you know you don't have to watch

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Zoness posted:

Pubs and Teams aren't remotely the same environment. A competitive attitude in the latter is more appropriate than the same attitude in the former.

His performance seems to be poo poo in both as of late tbh

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zoness posted:

I don't think it's stockholm syndrome when you sign up to join the team in the first place. Also the swede on c9 got kicked anyway!!

envy is garbage and has a garbage do what i say now attitude without the ability to actually shot call, autism incarnate does not make for a good leader

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

envy is garbage and has a garbage do what i say now attitude without the ability to actually shot call, autism incarnate does not make for a good leader

:lol:

Goddamn this thread is bad.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Zoness posted:

C9 has had leadership issues for ages, EE is a good player but he's a huge autist who tunnel visions and tilts super easily and had a lot of attitude issues that clearly propagate to the rest of the team. He's obviously smart and knows the game well but a person like that should not be calling the shots, they need someone steady and calm and decisive to be the captain of the team. He's a theory crafter and a carry player, he shouldn't be a leader.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

If EE doesn't win the next TI he loses his shot of being transported through time and space to a Universe where he stars in his own harem anime show. Do you know what kind of pressure that puts on a man?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Taffer posted:

I still don't understand who these people are that would not buy the Summit 3 ticket if the qualifiers were shorter or EG got a direct invite.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

Goodpancakes posted:

If EE doesn't win the next TI he loses his shot of being transported through time and space to a Universe where he stars in his own harem anime show. Do you know what kind of pressure that puts on a man?

This is the best worst thread.

Also, Moscow 5 instead of Tinker in the Summit pre-quals. Picking a Nightstalker! Good to see the Blue Ugly back in the scene, it's been forever since he was popular.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MartianAgitator posted:

Also, Moscow 5 instead of Tinker in the Summit pre-quals.

Good, TT blow and m5 are like the only team willing to run cool heroes like Tusk

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

botany posted:

jonas seems to be the weak spot for NIP, is that the case?

Yeah I believe he is.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mikeraskol posted:

:lol:

Goddamn this thread is bad.

please refute what i said then you worthless white noise

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Good, TT blow and m5 are like the only team willing to run cool heroes like Tusk

Yeah, I don't know how much I believe in the viability of a 4 position Nightstalker, but God bless, they tried.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please refute what i said then you worthless white noise

Refute implies that you actually said anything worth a drat that could possibly be refuted other than pulling random poo poo out of your rear end about how you think EE behaves during C9 matches.

But if I must, 5th/6th at TI4, 5th/6th at DAC, consistently near the top of most major tournaments, players specifically wanting to join the team.

Edit: This is not me saying that C9 100% doesn't have leadership problems, or that they can't do better (I think they can). I just think this thread throws out some wild, stupid poo poo about C9.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 26, 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TT replaced Union in the NA quals. I'm glad people are finally banning those fuckers from tournaments.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Waking up and hearing Zyori first thing in the morning is stronger than coffee when it comes to getting me out of the house on time.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

mikeraskol posted:

Refute implies that you actually said anything worth a drat that could possibly be refuted other than pulling random poo poo out of your rear end about how you think EE behaves during C9 matches.

But if I must, 5th/6th at TI4, 5th/6th at DAC, consistently near the top of most major tournaments, players specifically wanting to join the team.

Edit: This is not me saying that C9 100% doesn't have leadership problems, or that they can't do better (I think they can). I just think this thread throws out some wild, stupid poo poo about C9.

who cares

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

:shrug:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao Union released a statement on Facebook asking for forgiveness and for a second chance because they did not read the rules.

You can't make this poo poo up.

https://www.facebook.com/UnionGamingPE/posts/717588418359537

quote:

Enviamos esta declaración a toda la comunidad de DOTA (Organizaciones, jugadores y espectadores) y todos aquellos que puedan leer este documento para expresar lo siguiente:
- Pedimos disculpas a los organizadores de la Copa Canadá y todos los organizadores del torneo por quebrar alguna regla, por nuestros errores y por no leer las reglas.
- Pedimos disculpas a toda la comunidad Dota 2 por estos hechos, vamos a hacer nuestro mejor esfuerzo en el futuro para que no vuelva a suceder tales situaciones.
Es hora de entender que somos un equipo emergente y tenemos que ser profesionales y tenemos que darnos cuenta de que nuestras acciones nos pueden traer consecuencias (buenas o malas).
Poco menos de un mes tenemos una Gaming House disponible con cámaras para mostrar cómo somos de transparentes en nuestras acciones, tenemos nuevas pcs para no tener ningún problema en el juego, tenemos el mejor equipo que podamos tener.
Y si perdemos la oportunidad de jugar torneos, lo perdemos todo.
La humildad es algo que nunca nos ha fallado. Somos un equipo de barrio que busca convertirse en el mejor.
Unión Gaming pide a la comunidad de Dota y los organizadores se nos de una segunda oportunidad para mostrar los talentosos que somos y mejorar nosotros mismos y hacer felices a nuestros seguidores.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We send this statement to the whole community of DOTA (organizations, players and spectators) and all those who can read this document to express the following:
- We apologize to the organizers of the CANADA CUP and all tournament organizers for breaking rules, for our mistakes and for not reading the rules.
- We apologize to the whole Dota 2 community about our behavior, we will do our best in future not happen such situations again.
It is time to understand that we are an emerging team and we have to be professional and we have to realize that our actions can bring us consequences (good or bad).
From less than a month we have a Gaming House with cameras to show how transparent we are in our actions, we have new pcs to not have any problems in the game, we have the best team that we have.
And if we lose the opportunity to play tournaments, we lose everything.
Humility was something that never failed us. We are a team from neighborhood, which is seek to become better.
Union Gaming asks the Dota community and the organisers to give us second chance to show our best talents and to improve ourselves and make happy our fans.
Alex Noriega
CEO

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lots of teams are picking Spirit Breaker lately and winning with him. I wonder if he is legit really good or people need to figure out how to play against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Goetta posted:

Casting with kotlguy makes Zyori try extra hard to be funny and it sucks

It weird since they're both play-by-play guys, so some of the time you hear good casting and the rest is Zyori making GBS threads it up. This M5 vs PR game is particularly bad from him.

• Locked thread