Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I guess I didn't think that through completely.

Ah well, back to writing Titans slash-fic in my mommy's basement while masturbating to underage robot anime schoolgirls on a mattress stuffed with neckbeard hair and cat piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

axleblaze posted:

Well this thread took a weird turn really quickly.

This show had an entire episode revolving around leg fetishes

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

And yet this thread wasn't weird about it and if anything was weirded out by that episode.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I'm just saying, weird poo poo goes in, weird poo poo comes out

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

icantfindaname posted:

And a MLP show within a show.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Shh, he's looking.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is super serious!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
YOU DRANK MY JUICE!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't wait for every person who hasn't seen the original series in 10 years to get salty about it.

I know they already have, but my fries are bland and I need more.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Need a gif of alternating super-serious close up faces

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That ending was perfect.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
poo poo. I missed it and now I'll have to wait for next week to see it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It would be funny if they actually did the whole part 2 next week to show Young Justice telling them being silly is good by acting doofy and ridiculous until they morph into the GO animation style.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My one complaint about this is I was hoping that for some reason the Young Justice characters would become all TTG like by the end for whatever reason, like they had to become silly to counterbalance the Titans becoming super serious.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
My favourite understated joke is how the "serious" firepower is even more outlandish and absurd then what they usually use.

Come to think of it, this seemed way more of a dig against the comics than either the Young Justice or Teen Titans show.

e: scratch that, it's the fact that when they're serious it inverts the dynamic of the Starfire/Robin relationship.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 27, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

ManlyGrunting posted:

Come to think of it, this seemed way more of a dig against the comics than either the Young Justice or Teen Titans show.
They were definitely taking shots at the original series's tropes (Cyborg man vs. machine :qq: was the plot of literally every single one of his episodes, and Raven-as-demon had an entire season-long arc dedicated to it), but yeah I don't think they were targeting anything in particular.

Disappointed at the lack of a The Light ending but I enjoyed the lone tear.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Maybe this episode will shut the idiots up like the Batman :BATB episode did, but somehow I doubt it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hazo posted:

They were definitely taking shots at the original series's tropes (Cyborg man vs. machine :qq: was the plot of literally every single one of his episodes, and Raven-as-demon had an entire season-long arc dedicated to it), but yeah I don't think they were targeting anything in particular.

Disappointed at the lack of a The Light ending but I enjoyed the lone tear.

"Cyborg, you're half man half machine!"
"I know, it's awesome!"
"No it's a tragic thing!"

The last five minutes were amazing, I thought the animation would get stiff when they got into the serious designs but it just kept fluid as they got more and more serious until they went from gorgeous animation to 90's overdrawn comic characters with south park animation, it that was amazing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I've never felt more emotionally complex!

ManlyGrunting posted:

My favourite understated joke is how the "serious" firepower is even more outlandish and absurd then what they usually use.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think my favorite part of the episode as a whole was how it demonstrated that "serious" and "dark" tropes are actually, in their own way, even more ridiculous than the silly hijinks our heroes normally get into. With comedy, you get something new and unexpected almost every time (if it's good, anyway) as the heart of comedy is subverting expectations.
Meanwhile dark and brooding clichés have been hashed and rehashed since the dawn of storytelling, and the fans that clamber for a return to more serious episodes lack the self-awareness to realize how one-dimensional the characters and plotlines become as a result.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Asuron posted:

Maybe this episode will shut the idiots up like the Batman :BATB episode did, but somehow I doubt it

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/teen-titans-go-producer-revels-in-stupidity-of-young-justice-crossover

Michael Jelenic posted:

When we did a similar episode in "Brave & The Bold," we were a lot more gentle about it. It was, "Hey, give us a chance! We're not that far from what you guys like." With this show, we don't feel there's any chance we can win those people over. [Laughs] So this episode isn't about winning them over. They hate the show, and they're always going to hate the show. This is not what the older comic fan wants to see being done with these characters. It's a kids show, and we embrace it in this episode. I always say that the show is super stupid, and in this one, we push the stupidity and the randomness. So there's going to be a reaction, I expect.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That guy is cool as hell, imo

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Cyborg, you're half man half machine!"
"I know, it's awesome!"
"No it's a tragic thing!"

The last five minutes were amazing, I thought the animation would get stiff when they got into the serious designs but it just kept fluid as they got more and more serious until they went from gorgeous animation to 90's overdrawn comic characters with south park animation, it that was amazing.

Took the words right outta my mouth, no wonder this episode took so long to come out. Well worth the wait.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

There's some pretty cool designs that went unused for the episode and apparently the serious stuff was mostly lifted from the storyboards, which were done by a new artist on the crew.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

There's some pretty cool designs that went unused for the episode and apparently the serious stuff was mostly lifted from the storyboards, which were done by a new artist on the crew.

This guy story boarded one of my favorite Dexter's Lab moments.
Go outside?
Nooooooooo!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I work alone
You'll only slow
me down

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waffleman_ posted:

Can't wait for every person who hasn't seen the original series in 10 years to get salty about it.

I know they already have, but my fries are bland and I need more.

"DEAR THE CARTOON NETWORK, THIS TIME YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR, FURTHERMORE"

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
This reminds me of something else going on involving a hedgehog and blue arms.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
On the other hand, Batman BATB decided to do a serious episode out of nowhere and it was amazing, so if someone expected something more in that vein, I can understand why they would be dissappointed.

I just wouldn't understand why they expected it in the first place.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

raditts posted:

Comedy outcome would be that Facebook page gets banned for illegal file sharing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like how the crab was missing from the establishing shot of the tower after they got serious.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Aw man I really like this show

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Guys, the monster in me is FEEDING off your anger!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Guys, the monster in me is FEEDING off your anger!

Now that I think of it, this needs to be a reaction .gif (appropriate for when thread arguments start to heat up).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

raditts posted:

Is he seriously complaining that a show focused more on the titular characters than the ones from a different franchise? :allears:
Good lord, this must be how the Emperor in Star Wars felt all the time, no wonder he was in such a great mood all the time.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
That episode was magical. Absolutely magical.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
And that's tickling fetish done now. Also, Robin: "If Starfire is forced to marry anyone, it's going to be me!"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I think Cyborg made the MGS alert sound.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I like that we learn that Starfire's happy personality and positive attitude are really just defense mechanisms she uses to keep from being driven to madness and despair by her horrible home planet and even more horrible teammates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
I've noticed in TTG promos now they have the tag line "Your new favorite show!" or something like that. Just a straightforward like about the ratings, or more trolling of angry haters?

• Locked thread