Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gough Suppressant posted:

Who is Corey Galt?

An awkward looking mother fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenmovement posted:

Btw volker the main reason its fake isnt because of the silly rules its because most of the time teams leave half their list out. A cursory examination of tonights teams shows me no Hodge, Lewis, or Pendlebury. I don't think I've seen Gibson either.

Well yeah, it's preseason. The biggest thing is that you'd expect it to be more like a scrimmage where the players are only going 80 percent just to get some reps in. They're playing hard though.

Volkerball, you didn't name your dynasty for the ck2 LP Abblettson.

How could you???

af Cockaine

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
To borrow from the F1 thread, it's basically Bacon Briefcase time.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Volkerball posted:

I don't remember it last year. I watched a few games tho. :shrug:

It's been around in preseason for several years now. It's one of those weird situations where I'd be uncomfortable with it ever making its way into real AFL, but I quite like its presence and the dynamic it adds to the preseason comp.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I don't know what you guys are talking about, coaches and players alike place great importance on the pre-season competition

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
remember 2005 (?) when carlton won the preseason cup then followed it up by winning the wooden spoon in the regular season

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

quote:

Essendon say they do not know whether senior coach James Hird will continue his legal battle with ASADA at the High Court.

:allears: James

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Volkerball posted:

Brownie's a good commentator. :unsmith:
Jesus you reckon? Thought he was awful. He mumbles and has a terrible speaking voice for a commentator. Also he's replaced Mike Sheahan on On The Couch which feels like a huge middle finger to actual journos

Michael Tuck?

Leigh Matthews?

Jason Dunstall?
...Luke Hodge?!?!?!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I reckon mark jamars probably Melbournes best ever ruck, I can't think of anyone else who has been so reliable for us for so long

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He had good stories.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
No matter how loving pumped I am for football I can not bring myself to listen to mark fine and Stephen j peak

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

realbez posted:

Cool op chrono.

:toxx: If the Hawks do not win the premiership this year I will sport a James Hird avatar until the start of the 2016 season. :toxx:

:toxx: If the Hawks DO win the Premiership this year, I will sport the smuggest picture of Clarkson or Hodge with text chosen by the thread, until the start of 2016 season. :toxx:

I mean... Surely the Saints can get up this time, right?

Right? :negative:

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

I reckon mark jamars probably Melbournes best ever ruck, I can't think of anyone else who has been so reliable for us for so long

This is trolling right?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
:toxx: If Patrick Dangerfield leaves as a free agent, I will change my username to "BigDangerfieldFan" and commission a high-quality Dangerfield avatar in SA-Mart. Both will remain throughout for 12 months from the day he signs with a new club

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Supplementary :toxx: If he goes to Hawthorn I will permaban

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
:toxx: West Coast will finish higher than Fremantle. If they don't, I will get an appropriate Freo related avatar, any suggestions from the Freo supporter in the thread are welcome.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

pkid posted:

This is trolling right?

Hint: yes

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

gabensraum posted:

Do you know my mate "Hollywood"?

I certainly do.

Are you from Tassie or Thailand?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

I certainly do.

Are you from Tassie or Thailand?

He's from Tassie

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

No matter how loving pumped I am for football I can not bring myself to listen to mark fine and Stephen j peak

The only enjoyment I get out of "finey" is everytime I switch the radio over to his awful show he is inevitably harping on for 5 minutes about banning the latest person trolling him from calling the station etc..

The man is so thoroughly up his own rear end you could roll him down a hill, hopefully into the bay.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
First time Collingwood have beaten the Hawks since september 2001. :stare:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

drunkill posted:

Um you mean 2011 yes

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Frawley was best on ground for Collingwood last night. Motherfucker made Jesse White look like a superstar.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

drunkill posted:

Nope.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Doctor Cave posted:

:toxx: West Coast will finish higher than Fremantle. If they don't, I will get an appropriate Freo related avatar, any suggestions from the Freo supporter in the thread are welcome.

An early suggestion:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

jet fuel can't melt goalposts, drunkill

Adnar posted:

I certainly do.

Sent you a PM

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Frawley was best on ground for Collingwood last night. Motherfucker made Jesse White look like a superstar.

He better pick up his game or he won't be in the 22 come round 1 :laugh:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Spedman posted:

An early suggestion:

*shudder*

My favourite Ballantyne moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLpZbuEHaw

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Doctor Cave posted:

*shudder*

My favourite Ballantyne moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLpZbuEHaw

I thought it was going to be the Ballantyne getting hit in the dick video, funny no matter who you are (except for Ballantyne).

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
I wonder how long it'll take for anyone to usurp Ballantyne as the No. 1 player everybody loves to hate. He's held it for longer than anyone else I can remember in the modern game.

e: i suggest a gif of this video for the av if someone can get it down to size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L53r8fLr2E

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

From recent memory I can think of a few, Steven Milne, Tony Liberatore, Greg Williams

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Tomorrow is training day one for the Saints, the front bench is missing a lot of people. We really are the best training club for the league, and that's what this year will be about.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I think Ballantyne is funny.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Spedman posted:

From recent memory I can think of a few, Steven Milne, Tony Liberatore, Greg Williams

Don't forget Carey, also going back a bit further I always loved to hate Chris Lewis.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

The Deadly Hume posted:

I think Ballantyne is funny.

Ballytyne is hateable in a purely amusing way, even when he's making GBS threads on Steve Johnson I still find him funny.

Milne was just flat out reviled.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Hird decides against High Court challenge...finally a good decision to come out of the Hird camp!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

Ballytyne is hateable in a purely amusing way, even when he's making GBS threads on Steve Johnson I still find him funny.

Milne was just flat out reviled.

Yeah I don't hate Ballantyne at all. His biggest crime is being a bit of a dickhead while playing sport.

Milne's biggest crime is sexually assaulting a teenager.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

tnimark posted:

Milne's biggest crime is sexually assaulting a teenager.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints v Lions and the Crows v North games have been given the go ahead to be live streamed via the clubs websites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Thank gently caress, the opposition to it was idiotic, "we can't guarantee the quality we want to present the game in so we will have nothing instead" *broadcasts grand final in SD*

• Locked thread