Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Using the Skyrim wiki and the flavour provided we can methodically deduce who is scum, yeah? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Good Sir posted:

Using the Skyrim wiki and the flavour provided we can methodically deduce who is scum, yeah? :)

no, but we can methodically deduce you're, in-character, a total loon

The only potentially useful parts of that PM are Ulfric/Tulius (lynchers?) and the mention of a cult game (cult fire and ice? what?)

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh UHH MORE DREAMS HAVE COME:

Four scum alive, one killed last night.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

no, but we can methodically deduce you're, in-character, a total loon

The only potentially useful parts of that PM are Ulfric/Tulius (lynchers?) and the mention of a cult game (cult fire and ice? what?)
Yeah, because I didn't understand what the gently caress my character... is? But then I got another dream(an additional PM) , and I guess what it is useful for is knowing how many scum are alive and dead.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Good Sir posted:

Oh UHH MORE DREAMS HAVE COME:

Four scum alive, one killed last night.

EXAKT Science posted:

AXE COP, Gorza gra-Bagol, Vanilla Town, has been killed Night 4. Flavor will come in the morning because I am exhausted right now.

Day 5 Begins!

Explain.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I assume he meant one scum killed somebody last night :confused:

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
The PM only said four scum alive and one killed last night.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

I assume he meant one scum killed somebody last night :confused:

... okay, that makes sense! Whoops.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

... okay, that makes sense! Whoops.

It's ok, honeybun. Everyone already knows I'm the brains in this relationship.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I guess that makes me the good looks. :smug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Good Sir posted:

So previously out of defense I had mentioned having dreams. And being an Oracle. Last nights were a lot longer and more detailed. They seemed important. I know nothing about the mythos/lore of Skyrim and stuff so here you all go. (Mod has said I'm allowed to quote certain parts directly.)

"Dragons were released from hidden Aldmeri weapons stores."
"We have credible evidence at hidden Aldmeri WMD capabilities."
"WMD = Warehouses of Many Dragons"
"Watch Ulfric start a loving war."
"Don't let the Elven Agenda take your love for Talos!"
"Dragon attacks are a false flag operation."
"General Tulius does it with hagravens."
"Also, this is totally a cult game, y'all. Mehrunes Dagon rising, yo!"

Ok, potentially loony thought. The general discussion thread's been talking about dead players interacting with living players and I've seen the Oracle role being mentioned in relation to that. There's 8 statements here. Yesterday we had 8 dead players. Could these be messages from the people who died before D4?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

Ok, potentially loony thought. The general discussion thread's been talking about dead players interacting with living players and I've seen the Oracle role being mentioned in relation to that. There's 8 statements here. Yesterday we had 8 dead players. Could these be messages from the people who died before D4?

Unless they're conspiring in a specdoc (plausible?) I think the theming is too cohesive (and funny, god drat).

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Man I was pretty bummed when Opopanax flipped town, but those dreams made everything better. :3:

So it looks like there's only one nightkill now, and town still has an absolute majority. I don't know what Elder Scrools vampires are like (Ecco feel free to chime in!) but I'd guess the vampires are turning people while the werewolves are just mauling, especially since Jorn (EccoRaven's flavor) doesn't have anything to do with vampires in particular, while Skjor (AnonymousNarcotics' flavor) is a straight-up werewolf.

So it seems likely that the cult recruiter is still alive. Four nights plus a recruiter means five cultists if every night was successful. Four scum alive plus two scum dead, minus five cultists means only one starting mafia though, so we know they failed on at least one night (probably both scumteams targeted the same person on Night 2).

Worst case scenario, we go from 5 town 2 werewolf 2 vampire, to 2 town 2 werewolf 3 vampire. I don't think there's any way for town to win from there, and if there's a massclaim I think it's basically a kingmaker situation, with the surviving townies deciding which team wins the vote. Best case, we execute a werewolf and the cult recruiter dies trying to suck off the last surviving werewolf, who kills another vampire, for 5 town 1 werewolf 1 vampire. Basically we're in probably-mylo, and we can't even count on claims to confirm town anymore.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Abyssal Squid posted:

(Ecco feel free to chime in!)

Co-Mod note: I can't imagine that Exakt wants people deathposting.

Carry on!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Mafia edit:

Abyssal Squid posted:

Best case, 5 town 1 werewolf VAMPIRES EXTINCT

no moral to the story

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Co-Mod note: I can't imagine that Exakt wants people deathposting.

Carry on!

EccoRaven posted:

:hehe:

I am around as a non-player if anyone has questions regarding lore/mythos!

I think it's mod-sanctioned in Ecco's case, but I guess I can understand if that question would reveal too much information.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We should theoretically have some tracking results today, right? I'm assuming Squid didn't entrust the staff of magelight to Opop or AXE COP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: Go scum :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Abyssal Squid posted:

Man I was pretty bummed when Opopanax flipped town, but those dreams made everything better. :3:

So it looks like there's only one nightkill now, and town still has an absolute majority. I don't know what Elder Scrools vampires are like (Ecco feel free to chime in!) but I'd guess the vampires are turning people while the werewolves are just mauling, especially since Jorn (EccoRaven's flavor) doesn't have anything to do with vampires in particular, while Skjor (AnonymousNarcotics' flavor) is a straight-up werewolf.

So it seems likely that the cult recruiter is still alive. Four nights plus a recruiter means five cultists if every night was successful. Four scum alive plus two scum dead, minus five cultists means only one starting mafia though, so we know they failed on at least one night (probably both scumteams targeted the same person on Night 2).

Worst case scenario, we go from 5 town 2 werewolf 2 vampire, to 2 town 2 werewolf 3 vampire. I don't think there's any way for town to win from there, and if there's a massclaim I think it's basically a kingmaker situation, with the surviving townies deciding which team wins the vote. Best case, we execute a werewolf and the cult recruiter dies trying to suck off the last surviving werewolf, who kills another vampire, for 5 town 1 werewolf 1 vampire. Basically we're in probably-mylo, and we can't even count on claims to confirm town anymore.

Considering all these things you've said, who do you want to vote for today?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Man Squid, that's a lot of conjecture. I'm basically done thinking about setup spec since Opop flipped town. That kind of threw any thoughts I had about it out the window. Better to just vote scummy posters.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The White-Gold Concordat ended the Great War between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion, whose principal political party is the Thalmor. The terms of the treaty involved, among other things, ceding large portions of Hammerfell to the Dominion, and outlawing the worship of Talos, who is particularly revered in the province of Skyrim. However, the treaty was written in a very ambiguous way. Emperor Titus Mede II, who signed the treaty with the Thalmor, thought it was called the Blue-Black Concordat. His chief advisor, Alendrian, insisted it was the White-Gold Concordat. The Emperor's son and heir also said it was White-Gold, but the Empress insisted it was Blue-Black. The signing of the treaty itself almost became a battle in the War, were it not for Alendrian cleverly including an asterisk next to the title.

Imperial apologists to this day insist it is the Blue-Black Concordat, while the Thalmor ruthlessly persecute anyone who doesn't call it White-Gold.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I love you, Ecco.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rarity posted:

Considering all these things you've said, who do you want to vote for today?

Well I was going to say "dunno, with there being a cult people having been town in the past is no guarantee of them being town now," but Glockenapfel's "who cares if we're in mylo let's just keep doing what we've been doing (which hasn't resulted in a single scum death)" seems pretty reckless for a townie to say!

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Abyssal Squid posted:

Well I was going to say "dunno, with there being a cult people having been town in the past is no guarantee of them being town now," but Glockenapfel's "who cares if we're in mylo let's just keep doing what we've been doing (which hasn't resulted in a single scum death)" seems pretty reckless for a townie to say!

I just think you're making a lot of wild assumptions based on the words of a man who we don't even know is town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glockenapfel posted:

I just think you're making a lot of wild assumptions based on the words of a man who we don't even know is town.

I think it's a safe bet that Good Sir isn't lying. My honeyboo thinks that he might be being coached by a smart scumteam but with all due respect to everyone, at best there's only two people left who would possibly go for that move. Maybe Chic but I only know she's got some experience, I don't know her scum game. And well, I know it's not me :v:

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Who is your honeyboo?

Yeah I had Good Sir on my town list. I just don't know what to make of him now and I wish he'd show up an offer a more holistic description of his dream.

The thought just struck me as well that he might be receiving dreams from the scum team. According to him he got 2 PMs last night. One might have been interference?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Glockenapfel posted:

REASONABLE assumptions based on the words of a man we don't even know is town, thank you very much. :colbert:

His story is complicated, consistent, and flavorful enough that I'm pretty confident that it's legit though, also it's hilarious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glockenapfel posted:

Who is your honeyboo?

I married Epsilon, remember?

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Rarity posted:

I married Epsilon, remember?

Ah, that's right! For some reason I thought you were talking IRL.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Well Exact just confirmed to me that Good Sir is telling the truth about quoting from his PM. Take that for what you will.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glockenapfel posted:

Well Exact just confirmed to me that Good Sir is telling the truth about quoting from his PM. Take that for what you will.

Welp, Good Sir is mod-confirmed

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Squid and Good Sir are town and I still trust Gabriel Pope well enough. Rarity is probably town but I'm not 100% that my bonny lass is town. Chic looks okay. ShadowGlass is lurky. This leaves Meinberg and Glockenapfel.

##vote Glockenapfel

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

mafia edit: ##unvote gotta take stock actually

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Glockenapfel posted:

Uh, anything you'd care to share with us? Last I checked that's not typically the sort of thing you get to privately run past the mod for confirmation.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
MODNOTE
If Good Sir were breaking the rules, he would be modkilled. He has not been modkilled, and therefore has not broken any rules. Stop asking me if he's breaking the rules. That's the only thing that I've confirmed, so all of you need to calm down.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Whoops, that makes more sense. It sounded like Glock was claiming to have confirmed that he was quoting from the PM.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok yeah, that's better

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Wait, so that means Glock disliked what Good Sir was saying so much that not only did he want to shut down Squid's attempt at interpreting the dreams

Glockenapfel posted:

Man Squid, that's a lot of conjecture. I'm basically done thinking about setup spec since Opop flipped town. That kind of threw any thoughts I had about it out the window. Better to just vote scummy posters.

but he tried to tattle on Good Sir?

*sharpens stake*

##vote Glockenapfel

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Gabriel Pope posted:

Wait, so that means Glock disliked what Good Sir was saying so much that not only did he want to shut down Squid's attempt at interpreting the dreams

but he tried to tattle on Good Sir?

*sharpens stake*

##vote Glockenapfel

I kinda agree to this. Plus, something about Glock rubs the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Tattling? Are you 12? It's simply unusual for a mod to allow PM quoting, so I asked about it. By allowing it, and then telling me that because he wasn't mod killed, Good Sir was most likely telling the truth, the mod has basically confirmed Good Sir.

• Locked thread