Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

thepokey posted:

Hird decides against High Court challenge...finally a good decision to come out of the Hird camp!

Does that mean that Essendon can fire him for bringing the club into disrepute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

The Deadly Hume posted:

I think Ballantyne is funny.

To be honest I was always a bit surprised by the level of hate directed at Ballantyne, he plays hard but carries on like pork-chop sometimes, not exactly grounds for a witch hunt.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Spedman posted:

To be honest I was always a bit surprised by the level of hate directed at Ballantyne, he plays hard but carries on like pork-chop sometimes, not exactly grounds for a witch hunt.

He draws attention to himself, any player that does that draws ire. It's a tall poppy syndrome thing and it doesn't matter if the attention is bad (Jason 'lookatme' Akermanis) or good (Adam 'literally Australian of the year' Goodes). Of course in the case of Goodes it brings out the closet racists as well but it's the same thing initially.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Whoops I totally forgot football was a thing. Hi I'm no longer angrynaut, mind updating the OP?

I don't particularly dislike Ballantyne, but I do hate when he does well against us. Which is rarely because Freo blow against the Saints. I dislike Crowley more.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

BrigadierSensible posted:

Don't forget Carey, also going back a bit further I always loved to hate Chris Lewis.

Chris Lewis was my favourite player when I was really young. Him and Dunstall.

I don't mind Ballantyne either. At least he isn't Jake King.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

See I never minded Jake King much either. At least he was kinda funny.

What was wrong with Chris Lewis? I vaguely recall him having a thing for hitting people was that it?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Byron Pickett

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

hiddenmovement posted:

See I never minded Jake King much either. At least he was kinda funny.

What was wrong with Chris Lewis? I vaguely recall him having a thing for hitting people was that it?

I think it's all to do with the biting incident that happened against Melbourne.

I do remember being on the sparsely populated wing of a WAFL game Lewis was playing in after AFL retirement, and one smart arse yelled out at him "Hey Lewie, send us a postcard" with reference to that terrible gap filler show he was on, on Channel 9, Lewis' response being "you're an imbecile mate!" while lining up for a boundary throw in, to watch the smart arse replied "spell it Lewie!", no response from Chris, and bunch of giggling from opposition players and the few in the crowd.

That's my Chris Lewis story.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

tnimark posted:

Yeah I don't hate Ballantyne at all. His biggest crime is being a bit of a dickhead while playing sport.

Milne's biggest crime is sexually assaulting a teenager.

:agreed: Ballantyne might be a oval office but Milne is a loving oval office.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ballantyne acts like a oval office on and off the footy, hence the hatred. He's also just a midget with a face you'd love to punch. Couple him with Ryan Crowley and there's almost a cuntish vacuum over at Freo.

Has anyone spotted any fox footy streams? Looking to watch West Coast v Carlton, but of course it's only on fucktel.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 27, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Liam Jones goes to Carlton to be a 3rd forward, immediately has Eric McKenzie playing on him. Whoops.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Watching the game telecast from Mandurah, where there's a Hayden Ballantyne wing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gabensraum posted:

Watching the game telecast from Mandurah, where there's a Hayden Ballantyne wing.

Isn't this the home ground for Fremantles WAFL affiliate?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I think they changed from South Freo to Peel, so yes. Pretty sure Freo's old affiliate was South Freo until the Eagles/Dockers decided they'd have specific WAFL affiliates to draw players from a couple of years ago.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 27, 2015

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

Ballantyne acts like a oval office on and off the footy, hence the hatred. He's also just a midget with a face you'd love to punch. Couple him with Ryan Crowley and there's almost a cuntish vacuum over at Freo.

Has anyone spotted any fox footy streams? Looking to watch West Coast v Carlton, but of course it's only on fucktel.

Our old favourite afl dude. Google him.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Use a geoblocking get around like the Hola plugin for Firefox/chrome to sign up for an account with watchafl.com.au, they are doing a free offering of the NAB challenge games so you can use this period to test out your setup, stream quality etc and decide if it's worth you getting a pass for the season proper

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ah thanks for the heads up, I'll see if it works with hola.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I highly recommend everyone to do the same while there's a free period going on. I got last nights match relatively hassle free so if it keeps going like that I'm going to fork out the money for the season pass

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

'Playlist is not a valid RSS feed'

Thanks Telstra you pathetic, useless cunts.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Been watching watchafl for a few years, highly recommend it. Haven't needed an extension since I subscribe to getflix.com.au, which covers it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Quality of the stream is pretty average even for 3000kbps, but whatever. Better than nothing.

At least we're winning!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Have Peel ever made the WAFL finals? Does anyone even care?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Good to see LeCras playing further up the field than normal, Simpson better use him as a mid more often, because he really suits that position as a small mid/half forward with good speed.

e: Peel have never finished higher than 8th. (It's a 9 team comp)

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I'm honestly kind of stunned that using Hola and buying a WatchAFL subscription is superior to the offerings in your own country. I mean drat.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

JohnSherman posted:

I'm honestly kind of stunned that using Hola and buying a WatchAFL subscription is superior to the offerings in your own country. I mean drat.

Get some Australian crony capitalism into ya

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

JohnSherman posted:

It's the AFL. Because gently caress you.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

Media rights and accessibility in this country are outrageously poo poo. It's pathetic and it's all due to monopolies and duopolies. The government obviously couldn't give a gently caress either.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

JohnSherman posted:

Our current government ripped up plans for the most important infrastructure project this nation has seen since loving railways in order to prevent a challenge to rupert murdochs pay-to-access monopoly.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I use hola and gamepass to watch the nfl.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eagles looking much better with moving the ball quickly and kicking more with handballs opening to players on the run.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Be interesting to see what happens under the new broadcast deal. The AFL would probably like to offer streaming domestically but they also have to balance that with not pissing off their TV partners.

It'll be interesting to see if Ten dip their toe back into negotiations; last time around they opted out because they baulked at the cost I think, but they've done quite well out of airing the Big Bash over the summer apparently and seem more inclined to bid. If they went in it would probably be a joint deal, hopefully not with Nine, because while Seven does some annoying things with their broadcasts (mostly BT), they aren't as poo poo at sports broadcasting as Nine is at packaging the cricket and RL.

Although Seven's commentary is going to look pretty thin when Cometti bows out - as I speculated before, I reckon they'll probably throw some BIG money at Whately (they can get him to call the horsewhipping too) when that happens.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

No one seems to be bothering to spoil in the NAB

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

JohnSherman posted:

In the regular season half the games are on free tv (in standard def) and all are on Foxtel. You can get Foxtel for something like $60 per month, but I'm not doing that for half the games of one sport when I can pay $150 and get the whole season.

Diet Crack posted:

Quality of the stream is pretty average even for 3000kbps, but whatever. Better than nothing.

Maybe it's my eyes but I have it on my reasonably big TV and think it's somewhere between SD and HD.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:toxx: If the Western Bulldogs don't make it to the semi-finals in the 2015 premiership season, I shall display a James Hird avatar and the supporting text "James Hird is my favourite genius" until the Bulldogs win their first game of the 2016 premiership season. :toxx:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hmmm, that's a bit of a silly Toxx.

Then again, I would like to be proven wrong.

But no Toxx for that, thanks.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

:toxx: If the Western Bulldogs don't make it to the semi-finals in the 2015 premiership season, I shall display a James Hird avatar and the supporting text "James Hird is my favourite genius" until the Bulldogs win their first game of the 2016 premiership season. :toxx:

Huh.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Zetsubou-san posted:

Why don't you just change your avatar now then?

Also appreciate the fact there are 2 wonderful TISM references on this page.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I miss my Ron hitler Barassi username

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Well, if I hadn't seen this thread had gotten going, I wouldn't have remembered to set my season pass for my Tivo here in the US.

So, thanks, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

JohnSherman posted:

Rupert Murdoch is our head of state.

Also, loving hell Carlton. I don't care about pre-season but I turned on the radio on the way home just before... :(

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 27, 2015

• Locked thread