Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I think Raid is pretty fun after the first gauntlet. I wish it were easier to grind levels with characters you haven't used, though. Doing the whole first gauntlet over again sucks, especially since all the enemy spawn points are pre-determined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh my god Gina can kill people with her emotes. :laffo:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
GiantBomb did a Quicklook and the guy got lost in the first two minutes, even though he had already beaten it once. :wtf:

EDIT: Now he's trying to make Moira crawl through a vent.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 27, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

GiantBomb did a Quicklook and the guy got lost in the first two minutes, even though he had already beaten it once. :wtf:

Sounds like every GiantBomb Quick Look.

I think they just do it to annoy people.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So Revelations 2:

I appreciate the fact that the support characters have unique roles but I find the switching back and forth between characters very disorienting especially in combat. The AI didn't seem to be particularly aggressive when it comes to blinding and bricking enemies. I didn't even realize Natalie can spot enemy weaknesses because the AI didn't do it at all.

I'd imagine the campaign would be interesting in Co-op but I doubt the support characters are very interesting to play as. I do like wrecking zombies with Moira's crowbar but unless she gets hanzo steel or some other form of cranium crushing weapons, it does get a bit stale.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 27, 2015

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I absolutely lost it when they hit the commands for 'yippee ki-yay' and 'lunatic thumbs up'. Does every character have goofy spaz out options?

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

LadyPictureShow posted:

I absolutely lost it when they hit the commands for 'yippee ki-yay' and 'lunatic thumbs up'. Does every character have goofy spaz out options?

they're customizable, any character can have any goofy emote, and a lot of them are from lost planet 2, the gold standard in goofy emotes. it is a Good Addition To The Gameplay Experience

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There's no gender or character restrictions either. Barry giggling like a schoolgirl is amazing.

e; wait, how did those guys get the laser targeting?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Seems like you keep your weapons when restarting the game (even if it's a difficulty you haven't beaten) which is very silly. Is there any way of avoiding this without deleting my files?

EDIT: I've used XPadder to assign keyboard keys to a PS2 controller. Using that and my XBOX360 controller me and my friend should be able to play single player coop. We won't be able to play as two characters at the same time, but we can switch to our respective character at appropriate times. My friend isn't much of a gamer so he will let me handle the fights and he'll do the exploring. It's going to be an interesting experience at the very least!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 27, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Seems like you keep your weapons when restarting the game (even if it's a difficulty you haven't beaten) which is very silly. Is there any way of avoiding this without deleting my files?

EDIT: I've used XPadder to assign keyboard keys to a PS2 controller. Using that and my XBOX360 controller me and my friend should be able to play single player coop. We won't be able to play as two characters at the same time, but we can switch to our respective character at appropriate times. My friend isn't much of a gamer so he will let me handle the fights and he'll do the exploring. It's going to be an interesting experience at the very least!

That actually sounds pretty fun. Hoping that this mod for split screen is ready soon though.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It begins

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

poptart_fairy posted:

There's no gender or character restrictions either. Barry giggling like a schoolgirl is amazing.

e; wait, how did those guys get the laser targeting?

That's an option in Displays, alongside crosshair/laser color and some other campaign stuff

Golden Goat posted:

That actually sounds pretty fun. Hoping that this mod for split screen is ready soon though.

We're talking about the guy who unlocked 8 player AI/human Mercs in RE6. I'm sure he'll be able to release it soon. (Also, a lot of nude mods. :gonk:)

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Azran posted:

We're talking about the guy who unlocked 8 player AI/human Mercs in RE6. I'm sure he'll be able to release it soon. (Also, a lot of nude mods. :gonk:)
Is it just mandatory now for modders to make nude mods?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Golden Goat posted:

Is it just mandatory now for modders to make nude mods?

They made it mandatory in 96 after Tomb Raider came out.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
I want to say I like Raid mode more in this game, but then I end up feeling like there is something missing from it. Oh wait, online co-op play is missing. Anyway, I find playing as Wasker... Whisker... Wesker, really satisfying. Mostly cause his dodging abilities feel really overpowered.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, the things made of dozens of separate body parts are horrible. They'll twitch and contort themselves into new attack positions as you destroy more of their body.

Azran posted:

That's an option in Displays, alongside crosshair/laser color and some other campaign stuff

How the hell did I miss that.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

poptart_fairy posted:

Ugh, the things made of dozens of separate body parts are horrible. They'll twitch and contort themselves into new attack positions as you destroy more of their body.

How the hell did I miss that.

They have tells as to which part is the weakness ball, easiest ones are swollen attack arm and swollen legs.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

The new patch made the game less playable for those that already had problems. I'm about to boot it up to see if that's the case for me.

Already confirmed that you still have to play raid mode with your internet off.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention this. The last mission in the first throwback gauntlet has an enemy from episode 2 so avoid that if you don't want spoilers.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 27, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just put Steam in offline mode and raid will work fine.

But yeah I think this patch made some of the raid levels even choppier :-/

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

OxMan posted:

They have tells as to which part is the weakness ball, easiest ones are swollen attack arm and swollen legs.

Yeah I know that, but they're so creepy. The fidelity isn't that great - not surprising -but the animations really squick me out.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Coop mod is ready
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153923672&postcount=292

Raid mode will take more to get working.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

poptart_fairy posted:

Dead Space had that sort of monster too and it was one of the most unnerving to fight, even in a game built around cutting up undead monsters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lamprey Cannon posted:

A+ photobomb, Claire.
I don't have the game yet, so I don't know whether is from story progression or not but drat Claire looks like poo poo in this picture. Does this game take place before or after the cgi movie she's in( and yes i understand shed look different just from the CGI but you know what i mean).

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

site posted:

I don't have the game yet, so I don't know whether is from story progression or not but drat Claire looks like poo poo in this picture. Does this game take place before or after the cgi movie she's in( and yes i understand shed look different just from the CGI but you know what i mean).

All I know is that steam forum members keep calling her a hag, whore, and slut out of loving nowhere.

It's like they've never seen a middle-aged women in their lifetimes.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Latest patch made the game run even slower for me. Hopefully it will be fixed before the next chapter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Golden Goat posted:

Sounds like every GiantBomb Quick Look.

I think they just do it to annoy people.

I'm convinced putting a camera on someone playing a video game makes their IQ drop 70 points.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

RoanHorse posted:

All I know is that steam forum members keep calling her a hag, whore, and slut out of loving nowhere.

It's like they've never seen a middle-aged women in their lifetimes.
lol! No i mean she looks like she just came out of a meth binge, with the grey skin tone, dark bags under the eyes, dirty and bruised. For her sake, I hope this is at least midway through the episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

lol! No i mean she looks like she just came out of a meth binge, with the grey skin tone, dark bags under the eyes, dirty and bruised. For her sake, I hope this is at least midway through the episode.

Well, uh, she was kidnapped and thrown in a dirty cell on a prison island filled with monsters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ImpAtom posted:

Well, uh, she was kidnapped and thrown in a dirty cell on a prison island filled with monsters.
When has that stopped other characters from looking immaculate in every other RE game?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
When I replay the episode I start with the weapons and items I had when I beat it last time. So I usually start off with less ammo as Barry, and I start with both guns as Claire.
It kind of sucks. Does anyone know how you can fix this?

Also, the mouse pointer shows up for every cutscene which is annoying, and I haven't found a way to remove it. Any suggestions?

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

site posted:

When has that stopped other characters from looking immaculate in every other RE game?

Well considering other RE games consist of finding keys meticulously crafted for specific doors in a gigantic mansion, knife-fighting a half zombie special forces dude, punching a boulder, and flying a jet plane into a skyscraper, I'm not so sure that past RE games are a very good measure of what's gonna be in future RE games.

Anyways Revelations 2 is a good game. It plays super smooth, and the part in the Barry half where you're in the woods and dudes are like falling out of the tree branches was kinda sweet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mischitary posted:

I'm not so sure that past RE games are a very good measure of what's gonna be in future RE games.
Why not?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Mischitary posted:

Anyways Revelations 2 is a good game. It plays super smooth, and the part in the Barry half where you're in the woods and dudes are like falling out of the tree branches was kinda sweet.

Between that and the lumberyard I thought I was in an Alan Wake themed raid level. Also I'm gonna save Hunk for leveling with disc version goons when online is up.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Latest patch made the game run even slower for me. Hopefully it will be fixed before the next chapter.

It made Raid freeze up every time I try to launch it now. Jesus Christ this launch has been a shitshow.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Snowstorm levels are awful because of the FPS problems. Alright if it's killing everything, but having to protect that bloody stone means it takes damage before my screen has caught up.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Haha, all the people I've watched play Raid Mode avoid looking past one of the windows in the Chinese Market (1-2) raid level because frames drop like crazy when you do that.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What the gently caress is up with the 'storage space' DLC, there's literally no purpose to it beyond just inconveniencing people until they cough up some cash :mad:

Also having an ingame store where you can purchase guns for real money feels really shady. I don't care about having DLC guns but at least sell them outside of the game so I can just ignore them.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, DLC stuff appears in-game? I've never noticed it. :psyduck:

Totally tempted to drop a couple quid for HUNK though. Bah, I'd pay just for Raid mode overall honestly. The campaign doesn't interest me.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I've already spent 9 hours on the game (2 play-throughs + raid) so I'm pretty happy with the game, warts and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

poptart_fairy posted:

Wait, DLC stuff appears in-game? I've never noticed it. :psyduck:

Yup. The Chicago Typewriter you can buy as DLC has popped up in the raid store a few times.