Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Diqnol's explanation explains this post of Mills' that raised an eyebrow when I read it (during Mills scumslipgate):

Mills posted:

I don't agree with MT. I didn't actually remember my role PM so I had no idea what my faction was called (because who cares once I read the town part) but NATO is obviously a "good force" so it was clear from the flip that Hurt was one of us.

"once I read the town part", specifically. My PM doesn't said town anywhere, but "confirmed town masons" or something would explain why Mills didn't pay attention to the precise wording of his alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh, and yeah: my role PM says that it's unclear if there's more than one bad guy team.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

True and Real posted:

So MMT could be 3p. Interesting!

I don't think so!

I think we're all playing against a scum-team of two people. One russian and one corporate. They both have a kill each because my PM tells me MMT and I are charged with finding the person responsible for THE kill. I still win when threats to NATO are gone.

Byers has basically trolled us by creating a way for us to know whether one person has two chances to be a nightkiller, or one.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Byers is a vile troll

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

I don't think so!

I think we're all playing against a scum-team of two people. One russian and one corporate. They both have a kill each because my PM tells me MMT and I are charged with finding the person responsible for THE kill. I still win when threats to NATO are gone.

Byers has basically trolled us by creating a way for us to know whether one person has two chances to be a nightkiller, or one.

is there something else about your role that is specific to the russian? or is it just flavor to justify your role?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

is there something else about your role that is specific to the russian? or is it just flavor to justify your role?

i'm told that i personally 'know' who ordered the kill, those damned russians!

and that i've worked with an anti-russian operative before (flavor justification for the masonry)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

diqnol ... it's hal

now i know what happened in the prequel, but it's hal

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How can you expect me to trust your heart

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

he only asked questions when you and i were confirming each other

he didn't attempt to say he was doubtful, or wifom the nightkill, or anything else

oh no, it's the breach all over again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

we don't have a kill, hal

and if we did i wouldn't be claiming it with my first time talking to mmt

and diqnol wouldn't have breadcrumbed the exact same thing independently

I think you are inverting what I mean. I mean there are RUSSIANS and CORPORATES?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Hal

I know, Ernie. But your heart...it's black!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

I don't think so!

Ah ok... that makes sense too, so you think one of the kills was town vig then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

he only asked questions when you and i were confirming each other

he didn't attempt to say he was doubtful, or wifom the nightkill, or anything else

oh no, it's the breach all over again

What? I am confused

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel like I am missing something here

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal, basically I don't trust you because I feel like you're downplaying how 'on top of the logic' you are. Like I think you're intentionally feigning confusion because you have no other response in mind.

##vote hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

Hal, basically I don't trust you because I feel like you're downplaying how 'on top of the logic' you are. Like I think you're intentionally feigning confusion because you have no other response in mind.

##vote hal

I think you completely misunderstood what I was implying in the beginning. There were two kills. Mills flipped anti-corporate, you claim to be anti-russian, sounds like you both have some power related to different factions. My assumption is that the two kills then were the two factions.

Then you seemed to imply I was saying YOU did a kill? That isn't the case.

Ughhhhhh

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think you completely misunderstood what I was implying in the beginning. There were two kills. Mills flipped anti-corporate, you claim to be anti-russian, sounds like you both have some power related to different factions. My assumption is that the two kills then were the two factions.

Then you seemed to imply I was saying YOU did a kill? That isn't the case.

Ughhhhhh

I at first misunderstood it that way, Hal! But then understood it the right way around. Either way:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah ok... that makes sense too, so you think one of the kills was town vig then?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmmm anti-russian and anti-corporate... two scum teams?

I personally feel these two posts are very 'SCUM HAL KNOWS EVERYTHING BUT WILL PLAY ALONG WITH FOOLISH TOWN ANYWAY'.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

I at first misunderstood it that way, Hal! But then understood it the right way around. Either way:

I personally feel these two posts are very 'SCUM HAL KNOWS EVERYTHING BUT WILL PLAY ALONG WITH FOOLISH TOWN ANYWAY'.

Gee thanks, but it's more TOWN HAL KNOWS NOTHING COMPARED TO ERNIE AND DIQNOL WHO SEEM TO HAVE A LOT MORE INFO

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

Mafia is this neat little microcosm for life where the only way to really improve is to not be afraid to mess up, and to try to make new mistakes :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Kv4rBJi68

:eng99:

Poque posted:

that's not what distancing iiiiiiiiiiis

This is distancing because you literally went "I think Mac is town" -> "Mac would be a good lynch" -> "If he's town it's not my fault" in the span of just a few sentences. you advocate him as town, advocate him as the lynch, and remove yourself from blame if he flips town by suggesting that other people are directing it

I don't think any of those statements were untrue, though. My town read on Mac wasn't really based on his posts, my case was based on how quickly and uncritical people seemed to be with dogpiling on that vote. Look at

Mills posted:

Let's just turbo Little Mac and start over tomorrow with all the good players.

##vote LM

True and Real posted:

##vote Little Mac

being posted within a minute from each other, followed by

Poque posted:

Grocery night. Will try to check in. Still like a Mac vote. vote Mac

and tell me what makes more sense to you:

(a) town cracked the case day 1 and figured out that Mac is scum because he's not posting alot
(b) scum wanted to direct the vote to a townie whose vote could be easily rationalized

To me it was (b) and I find it hard to believe that that's such a radical opinion. It's entirely possible that I didn't go about expressing that in the best way! I didn't know about the Mills/Diq masonry and I didn't remember what your case was on Mac at the time. Oops. Somber was (and Grandi is becoming) suspicious to me since he seemed to be getting a pass for lurking that Mac/Hurt/Hal weren't getting, and I still have an eye on Merk.

Poque posted:

I disagree with this. The implication that he would do the funniest thing is that he would shoot himself with the gun, but he never outright comes out and says it. It would be very easy for him to get the gun as scum and then say "no this is what I meant" and shoot somebody else and blame us for misinterpreting his meaning. Combined with the immediate vote for PMom who says he'll shoot Grandi and I don't like Mac.

Was this the main case you had on Mac or was there more I was missing?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That was the case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poque posted:

I read Hurt in a vacuum and that stood out to me, but he has also at least put out more opinions than I remembered. He'd be easier to read later on. Mac has been chaotic so far and I'd prefer him from the four listed.

Font would be a good choice if we went outside the list.

:rip::rip::rip:

Poque posted:

That was the case.

Who are you eyeing as suspicious now?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That's not very fun. :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi i'm sorry i just launched my game. i am catching up now. i picked a bad time to play mafia. please don't hammer before then thank you!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

:rip::rip::rip:

Who are you eyeing as suspicious now?

I thought you were suspicious near the end of the day yesterday, and I want to look you over again. In general your participation and scumhunting has been good, so I'm not too concerned. I think PMom and Diqnol are solid too.

I wanna look over this current Hal case when I have more time, but I first read Hal's original statement exactly as he later explained it, so I don't have an issue with that. I remember feeling squicked by Narcotics after the gun situation yesterday, and I don't really remember anything from either Grandi or Somber. Ernie seems alright but I think he's pushing this Hal thing too far.

I definitely want to look at merk. Some of his exits from the thread were very conveniently-timed (like when he was getting some suspicion, iirc) and the participation doesn't sit right, independent of the new meta he's trying out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made a good case on Hal yesterday. It's still a good case. It's why I'm voting him.

I still think Ernie is scummy with the same case that I made yesterday, but I'm avoiding that issue because of the claim stuff for today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mills posted:

I read Ernie as town. His opinions seem sincere to me. I think merk has a point with his case but I think it's the kind of dumb thing people do sometimes and not indicative of alignment.
----------------------

Mills posted:

Well good riddance. Let's do this. ##vote Poque. Reminds me of Breach.

Mills posted:

I was his scum pal so I just think he's playing the same game. Hands off with safe opinions every so often. You want to be visible as scum, but not front and centre. But it's hard to make the case without saying it just reminds me a lot of the last game.

Mills posted:

Hey Diqnol what do you think of my thoughts on Poque and my thoughts on people posting about the "scum-slip".

Also, for what it's worth, if scum killed Mills, I do not think it was Ernie. I think Ernie would've killed me or someone who agreed with my case rather than Mills who spoke out against it.

Poque was the only content-based case that Mills pushed at all on d1. I am going to look more into Poque now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's definitely ernie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Eh, I don't like Poque for scum. There isn't anything there that jumps out. Although he initiated the late push onto font, it was a push away from LM (who also flipped town) and the font stuff had support from Poque earlier where he was discussing who to shoot.

My strongest read is Hal.

:siren: If you are a town vig who killed LM or Mills, I do not see why you wouldn't claim. If you withhold claiming, I am going to assume you are scum or third party. :siren:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

it's definitely ernie.

Do you think he's scum with MMT?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

:siren: If you are a town vig who killed LM or Mills, I do not see why you wouldn't claim. If you withhold claiming, I am going to assume you are scum or third party. :siren:
This is weird posturing, given we have flavour that indicates there's more than one bad guy out there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is weird posturing, given we have flavour that indicates there's more than one bad guy out there.

How is that posturing?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

Town merk would have stopped that turbo

what / bullshit

Ernie. posted:

scum-team full of cool people

serial killer was being hounded by mills

those are my conclusions from that night-kill

this doesn't make sense to me with regards to ernie's claim at all. why would you presume a sk, especially with your role information? i need to reread that sequence but this sounds implausible.

why has ernie not followed up on me at all when i didn't respond to his day one case ever?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
couldn't it be like.... mills was anti-russia and diqnol is the corporate one (but mills knew he wasn't the russian), and same thing with Ernie/MMT but backwards? no point in declaring anybody confirmed town

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, what flavor indicates there are multiple bad guys?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

couldn't it be like.... mills was anti-russia and diqnol is the corporate one (but mills knew he wasn't the russian), and same thing with Ernie/MMT but backwards? no point in declaring anybody confirmed town

reverse these, mills was anti-corporate. point should still stand

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Do you think he's scum with MMT?

i think they're masons but not the same alignment.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

merk posted:

Also, what flavor indicates there are multiple bad guys?

Mills flipped Anti-Corporate, Ernie is claiming Anti-Russia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

...and then Diqnol killed Mills after breadcrumbing confirmed as a scum gambit? If you're saying don't declare him as confirmed town, when he says his PM said so, you're saying that he's scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Poque posted:

Mills flipped Anti-Corporate, Ernie is claiming Anti-Russia

That isn't flavor. Those are claims.

• Locked thread