Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

Ok, let's think about this. For starters, we already know that Amnistar died N1, that Ernie was scum and that Dugong's claimed VT. There is not a single part of these results that couldn't be put together without information already given out in the thread. Now let's dive in a little closer.

Point 1: Met doesn't mention Ernie as a scum suspect on D1. Admittedly, he doesn't mention anyone as a scum suspect on D1 except for his vote on Somber and a casual mention of Toaster.

Point 2: This is the only mention of Ernie that Met makes on D2:

This is after Met has literally TRACKED ERNIE TO A NIGHT KILL. He doesn't even vote for him!

Point 3: These are Met's suspected scum on D2:

You know who isn't on there? Dugong!

Yeah, this claim is bullshit.

##vote Met

Hey, Dugong. Did you make any night actions on Night 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Hey, Dugong. Did you make any night actions on Night 2?

He's already claimed VT :ughh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On Day 1, people were all over Ernie, so I tracked him. It looked like he killed Amni, but it could have been that demon he won on the Day 1 auction.

On Night 2, I went for someone not posting much because I was hoping to catch someone trying to fly under the radar. Dugong fit that quite well. He didn't do anything that night.

You guys are voting for a Tracker. Mind unvoting so someone doesn't get trigger happy until we get some confirmation from Dugong?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

Because Scum never claim VTs. I should trust everyone 100%.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Because Scum never claim VTs. I should trust everyone 100%.

Today. He claimed it TODAY.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

Today. He claimed it TODAY.

Didn't do me any good on Night 2 then?

You are pretty adamant about lynching, but you're just going to get a townie like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

you're just going to get a townie like that.

I didn't realise I was voting for not you

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I assure you I'm a tracker. One more day to get some information. Either I'll get nightkilled by Scum or 3P (yay, I'm a dead townie without wasting a lynch on me), or I'll have information for the town (yay, innocence proven) or I'll have bupkis tomorrow and you guys know who you'll vote out then.

5 out of 8 scum members are dead. There's probably a 3P or two around. We have the numbers and either way, you'll have me dead tomorrow or information.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##vote Dugong

I can't help shake the feeling that if Met is telling the truth (and no one has CC'ed), then we're lynching the tracker. I'd rather let Met live and then quiz him about who someone visits next game day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Don't vote for Dugong. He didn't even go anywhere last night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Met posted:

Don't vote for Dugong. He didn't even go anywhere last night.

That doesn't mean he isn't scum, though - just that he didn't make the kill. There are theoretically a bunch of chaos scums still left.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
While that may be true, we have absolutely no concrete information on a lot of players. We have the knowledge that Dugong didn't go anywhere last night. Dugong isn't as likely as the people we know nothing about.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

I assure you I'm a tracker. One more day to get some information. Either I'll get nightkilled by Scum or 3P (yay, I'm a dead townie without wasting a lynch on me), or I'll have information for the town (yay, innocence proven) or I'll have bupkis tomorrow and you guys know who you'll vote out then.

5 out of 8 scum members are dead. There's probably a 3P or two around. We have the numbers and either way, you'll have me dead tomorrow or information.

Why did you do nothing to get Ernie lynched after TRACKING HIM TO THE NIGHTKILL?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As I said, it could have been his demon because Amni was looking bad and I thought he potentially could have used it to take him out.

He was already getting votes and I didn't see a need to blow my cover early just to get nightkilled right after for claiming an information-gathering role. It was ONE scum out of 6+ left to find.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why haven't you scum hunted at all until this point?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Have you played with me before?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Haha what kind of answer is this?

[b]##vote Met[b]

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Damnit

##vote Met

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Met posted:

I haven't, but that is literally the first and most important aspect of mafia. You seem to avoid it every time I ask you to do it. Why?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Met posted:

Hey people who aren't voting,
vote this person.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

True and Real posted:

I haven't, but that is literally the first and most important aspect of mafia. You seem to avoid it every time I ask you to do it. Why?

You need to play more Mafia elsewhere. This is your meta. I play quick 20-minute games in SCII and Town of Salem. I've ran more games on forums than I've ever played. It's different styles clashing here and people are pretty rude about it.

Had you ever played Mafia with me on this forum, you'd know I generally skip the first day or two, depending on how interesting it gets.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:getout:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You're right in that mafia here is very little like Town of Salem. The difference is mafia here requires you to read into a lot more and is deeper. That's mainly due to the length of the games. Why are you so adamantly against doing that?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wait I wanted to post the frog.

:frogout:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

This is a good plan. I'm either going to get more information for the town tomorrow or I'll be lynched then. Alternatively, I will be nightkilled for being an information gathering role.

If you lynch me now, a townie dies, then another townie or two dies overnight. I can still be useful to this game and I'll be on a short leash and under heavy scrutiny, not to mention the cop that will inevitably check me out at some point.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Met posted:

This is a good plan. I'm either going to get more information for the town tomorrow or I'll be lynched then. Alternatively, I will be nightkilled for being an information gathering role.

If you lynch me now, a townie dies, then another townie or two dies overnight. I can still be useful to this game and I'll be on a short leash and under heavy scrutiny, not to mention the cop that will inevitably check me out at some point.

In my experience people who suggest a cop investigate them are usually scum or scum

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is there a soul defending me right now? You guys are going to the easy vote and the actual scum are going to be able to shrug their shoulders tomorrow and simply say, "it was just Met being scummy as he always is"

I can't be scum every single game, guys. This is how I play, look at my other games.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Scum do not always defend their teammates.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Met posted:

Is there a soul defending me right now? You guys are going to the easy vote and the actual scum are going to be able to shrug their shoulders tomorrow and simply say, "it was just Met being scummy as he always is"

I can't be scum every single game, guys. This is how I play, look at my other games.

Maybe play better next time? Seriously, failing to engage with the game, especially after getting a tracking result of someone visiting the target of a night kill, is bad pool. I don't care how you play elsewhere, but that's just dumb.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Maybe play better next time? Seriously, failing to engage with the game, especially after getting a tracking result of someone visiting the target of a night kill, is bad pool. I don't care how you play elsewhere, but that's just dumb.

And this is Meinberg saying so.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Meinberg posted:

No, that will get you nightkilled. Had I found someone on Night 2, you wouldn't even considered this line of thinking. Me looking like a lovely townie would have saved me from a random nightkill long enough to get the information.

You guys are going to lose a Tracker. I don't know how many other abilities are out there, but there's a lot of Vanilla townie claims. You can continue to risk your guessing method where scum will be influencing things or you can risk a single day on me so I can get more concrete information for us. You have most of a scum team and 3P to find still. How wise is it to go after an information-gathering role?

Look at the arguments against me.

Rurea posted:

Like Rarity said, this is just a list of players and what they've done. There aren't any real reads here in this list. I bolded parts that stood out to me specifically that are awkward and give me bad vibes. You say you don't do reads that well but you don't really even attempt to make any. This post is so wishy-washy that I cant tell if you are trying to fake content or you are just really lost and don't know what to do.

People who are active will get knocked out because they will draw the attention of the scum. Mills or TT were likely killed by the other scum team on Night 1 because they were both prolific in their posting. Go under the radar, look like just another name to scroll past. Survive to get more information another night.

Rarity posted:

He claimed VT the day after I checked him out. It's not great for my case but you're using it to assume guilt. That's not logical. It's just bad luck for me.

and then there was this post from me:

Met posted:

Let's do it like Popcorn!

Popcorn Dugong!

Tell me, Dugong, what your read on everyone is.

I knew Dugong didn't use an ability the night before. I had a good guess he was a vanilla townie then. I even said he was probably a vanilla townie in my list of living players right above this post. He's one of the few people I trust to give a reasonable read without potentially being a scum intentionally pushing blame on a townie.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Meinberg posted:

And this is Meinberg saying so.

The opinion of someone who lynches himself doesn't hold any weight with me. Much less if he even hammers himself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't that just mean he should know bad play when he sees it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's plenty of people who say stupid things without the ability to identify stupid things.

:foxnews:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Dugong

I can't help shake the feeling that if Met is telling the truth (and no one has CC'ed), then we're lynching the tracker. I'd rather let Met live and then quiz him about who someone visits next game day.

What the hell is this?

Rurea posted:

Hey people who aren't voting,
vote this person.

A thing I can get behind. ##vote met

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Met posted:

The opinion of someone who lynches himself doesn't hold any weight with me. Much less if he even hammers himself.

haha get hosed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Hi, I've never done those things.

Play better next time.

:)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rarity posted:

Hi, I've never done those things.

Play better next time.

:)

Yeah, but you're lynching a townie with the excuse of "play better". That's not a townie excuse to lynch someone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Met

someone please hammer

sorry Met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
When I flip, I want you all to put scrutiny into the people leading this charge and following along with it.

• Locked thread