Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Confirming. Per my standard attempt to head off joke phase:

Dr. Hurt, you have been selected as my partner for this game. I have control of a single-use vig. Please tell me who I should use it on, and why.

Hello Amnistar. I'm a little bit soused right now, but if y'all can keep up I'm ready to ride. Also, if I'm gonna play depute I'm sure you'll be paying me.

Keep an eye on how much Asiina participates. That'll be a tell on whether to put her into the ground or not. Ecco is always a wild card so it might be a good reason to get Tommy Harden out of the way early. Capps for the same reason. Capps is a wild card and sometimes it can be hard to tell whether wild card Capps is a positive or negative for this little ol' shithole in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Far out from Golgatha proper, the Schreien Hills begin. Even seasoned trackers and cowboys are cautious out here, the winding canyons and paths can be as dangerous as any wolf. The sixteen of you, all beneficiaries of Crowley's strange will, have gathered before the entrance to Wohlstand Mines. The mines have been abandoned for decades now, but Crowley's map clearly indicates this is your starting point. As more of you arrive, sidelong glances fill the air. No one seems to know what exactly Crowley was up to, or at least won't admit to it.

By the time the last group arrives, the sun is high in the sky and you're anxious to begin. The horses are tied up by the entrance, some folks will be by later to bring them back to town. Without further ceremony, lanterns are lit and you begin your journey.

You can't be more than fifty yards through the entrance when Emanuel halts the party. "Wait just a tick, thought I saw something back a few paces."

You look on impatiently as he fiddles around in the rubble by a minecart a little ways back. Suddenly Emanuel screams and jumps up, but by then it's too late. Thunder claps and the roof of the mine collapses above him. Those of you who have your wits about you sprint down the hall fearing a cave-in, and the rest follow.

Soru, Emanuel Ashbel, Town Vanilla died day 0!

Once the panic subsides and you catch your breath. The smell of gunpowder tinges the air, this was no accident. Wild glances are exchanged, but there's no turning back now. The darkness of the mine beckons, and you advance as conversation among the group begins.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, Byers2142, Deadbeat Dad, Dr. Hurt, EccoRaven, EXAKT Science, Ghostly Gangsta, Max, Meinberg, mr.capps, Pinterest Mom, Rarity, yuming

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 02nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

Monday is my partner's birthday so I'll try to find someone else to handle the flip. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about your role or otherwise.

An ~event~ will occur later today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Confirmed!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
What a motley bunch we have here. But we can push forward, and find the truth within us, and before us.

I am prepared for the trials.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
poo poo fellas looks like we got ourselves a little booty trap

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

What a motley bunch we have here. But we can push forward, and find the truth within us, and before us.

I am prepared for the trials.

Your first trial: ##vote Meinberg

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Max posted:

Your first trial: ##vote Meinberg

That's not very neighborly of you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Confirmed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

poo poo fellas looks like we got ourselves a little booty trap

I'll trap your booty :pervert:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

I wanna know where the gold at, gimme the gold

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
gently caress I remember the last game I played Rarity flipped a poo poo and accused me of poo poo cause of my D1 tactics but turned out to be scummy scum so don't please let this devolve into that shitfest again thanks <3

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

gently caress I remember the last game I played Rarity flipped a poo poo and accused me of poo poo cause of my D1 tactics but turned out to be scummy scum so don't please let this devolve into that shitfest again thanks <3

I think I follow your meaning.

##vote Deadbeat Dad

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Meinberg posted:

I think I follow your meaning.

##vote Deadbeat Dad

You know what I loving like Meinberg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Scummy as gently caress

##vote DBD

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
wait wait wait let me do this before Ecco does:

In light of my dark skin, I assure you there is no sort of Islamic state to be frightened of in these times. I am a simple man named Rafi. I love booze, women and the occassional game of russian roulette. Let's not make this into a pigment voting system or my friend Pancho Castillo will be wetting and defecating his trousers at night - knowing his fate. And we would not want that stench wafting in close quarters. Now if you excuse me, Tommy Harden is waiting for this fine cigar I promised him many moons ago. And there is no better night to draw from the head of this succulent beast.

sadjsdjfidj something like that

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tonight I'm going to a Big Trouble in Little China and Raiders of the Lost Ark double feature. If there is something awesome later hopefully I'll be able to participate.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed!

Somber integrated the flavour backstory I gave him so well I'm tearing up. You're the best Somber!

I am so excited guys! It's going to be a great adventure!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
PS I am roleplaying this game.

Lucy is plucky and wants to get out and see the world. She loves everything, but adventure most of all.

This is going to be a happy game!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Max

Hi Max :sun:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Now if you excuse me, Tommy Harden is waiting for this fine cigar I promised him many moons ago.

Confirming that DBD and I are confirmed town masons.

Wait is this not the breadcrumb you wanted?

Maybe I shouldn't press submi

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright I'm Androcles Brocklehurst and I'm the manliest man to ever man man in this town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also Tommy is a poet. I am going to post poetry by commission this game.

- Request I write a poem of a topic of your choice
- If you like my poem, you promise to consider not voting for me this particular RL day.
- If you do not like my poem, you promise to consider voting for me this particular RL day.
- One request per player per game day.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

Confirming that DBD and I are confirmed town masons.

Wait is this not the breadcrumb you wanted?

Maybe I shouldn't press submi

lol

EccoRaven posted:

- If you like my poem, you promise to consider not voting for me this particular RL day.
- If you do not like my poem, you promise to consider voting for me this particular RL day.

Poetry is for frail girly-men!
##vote EccoRaven

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Okay!

Write me a poem about my grand adventure!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
any of you em kanas city dicks?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Write me a poem about my grand adventure!

Don't you have to have it first?! Or is this a life imitates art thing (which in the context of a mafia game is life imitating art imitating life)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Don't you have to have it first?! Or is this a life imitates art thing (which in the context of a mafia game is life imitating art imitating life)

Would you like to know my backstory?!

I wrote a backstory :3:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ummm OBVIOUSLY

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh no! I cleared out my PMs and deleted the thing I sent Somber which had all the very specific details like my parents' names.

Somber do you still have it and could send it to me?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I even looked up time appropriate names and which cities in the area had big enough populations at the time to fit my narrative.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

*kicks legs up on table awaiting Lucy's bland backstory, unintentionally blowing smoke in Tommy's face*

*twirls gun in my left hand for fun*

*eats peanuts or whatever loving food there is in this bowl*

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Actually I'm bringing pretzel M&Ms back to the past

Dr. Hurt posted:

Tonight I'm going to a Big Trouble in Little China and Raiders of the Lost Ark double feature. If there is something awesome later hopefully I'll be able to participate.

by the way I hate this post cause it's a weird post that didn't need to be posted but I Won't Overreact because my D1 is Lazy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Actually I'm bringing pretzel M&Ms back to the past

by the way I hate this post cause it's a weird post that didn't need to be posted but I Won't Overreact because my D1 is Lazy

i... what?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

What?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay Somber!

Okay, so my name is Lucy. It's technically Lucinda, but I've always liked to be called Lucy, it's more fun and I'm all about fun. My dad, James, always called me Lucy, but my mother, Margaret was a devout Catholic and very proper, so she always addressed me by my full name and would give a stern look to my dad if she caught him calling me Lucy. I don't remember much about her other than her sternness. She died when I was only 5. We used to live in a small but nice house in Dallas, Texas, but after my mom died, my dad changed. He never said how my mom died, but I know that it broke him. He started drinking and gambling, and soon we were forced out of our house. He always tried to keep my spirits up and told us we were going to make a new exciting life for ourselves in New Mexico. I loved the trip to New Mexico. I had never been outside of Dallas before and to see the wilderness just made me light up with excitement. It really was an adventure! But then we arrived and settled into this little rundown house in this town and hadn't moved since. His drinking followed us all the way here and when I was 17 he died of liver disease, leaving me with our tiny house. I always try to see the brightness in every day, but I want nothing more than to see the world, just to set out and travel, and am terrified of being trapped in this monotonous life forever.

So there we go Ecco, poem time!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
2 things.

1. I like this day 1. More please.

2. I am now the owner of a house. Yall can go gently caress yourselves for the next 48 hours.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Amnistar posted:

2 things.

1. I like this day 1. More please.

2. I am now the owner of a house. Yall can go gently caress yourselves for the next 48 hours.

Home ownership is a big responsibility, but I'm sure you can handle it. I wish you the best of luck, and all good tidings.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm super excited about this poem I'm gonna get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will write it tomorrow! I am moving this weekend and today was Day 1 and gosh golly molly do I not like moving.

• Locked thread