Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Somone's cutting edits with the live feed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
When Carlton loses I am very happy :)

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
When the Eagles win games during the preseason it means they'll be (more) lovely during the real season

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

drunkill posted:

I don't care about pre-season

No one does, it's a sickly-sweet dose of methadone when all you want the the smack of the proper Home and Away season in your veins. Carlton are giving it exactly the respect it deserves.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i just want to watch the suns play fake football

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cricket World Cup isn't ending anytime soon.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pssht. the world cup hasn't even started yet. go all blacks

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Volkerball posted:

pssht. the world cup hasn't even started yet. go all blacks
Bandwagoner spotted.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a Raiders, Avalanche, and Suns fan. I deserve a good team in at least one sport. For real, I don't watch much rugby, so when I do, I like it to be new zealand. They're so good it's incredible to watch. It reminds me of the Soviet hockey team back in the day. So much better than anyone else, it's silly.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Diet Crack posted:

Cricket World Cup isn't ending anytime soon.

There's a cricket world cup on?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Go Wales.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

hiddenmovement posted:

Ballytyne is hateable in a purely amusing way, even when he's making GBS threads on Steve Johnson I still find him funny.

Milne was just flat out reviled.

Yeah that's what I mean by the "love to" bit. He's an entertaining troll, while someone like Milne is just a straight grub.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

LEAGUES AVAILABLE
I’ll update this part once the varying competitions open up, I’ll only be running Supercoach and UltimateFooty this year so if someone wants to run another league, put your hand up.
Supercoach
Goon Cash Splash: input code 775659 upon registering
Jason Laycock Cup: input code 190750.

Looks like there's 2 supercoach leagues now. There's 8 in vying for the Jason Laycock Cup and 4 in the Goon Cash Splash ... we are probably best to combine them in to one or the other I'd say.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

thepokey posted:

There's a cricket world cup on?

The cricket world cup is getting some really substantial crowds, I thought it was going to be an hilarious non event as well but I was sorely mistaken. You can't ignore 90,000 at the G and 45,000 at Adelaide oval.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

So it looks like Eric Mackenzie did his ACL against Carlton last night. :negative:

What a way to start the season.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

So it looks like Eric Mackenzie did his ACL against Carlton last night. :negative:

:smith::respek::smith:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I heard something about him being injured but not this fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu :suicide:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

So between Waters, Glass, and McKenzie, who is actually defending for West Coast now?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

So between Waters, Glass, and McKenzie, who is actually defending for West Coast now?

If the ACL is confirmed today, McGovern and Mitch Brown will have to hold down the KPD spots.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

hiddenmovement posted:

Two midgets in an overcoat?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Brown Paper Bag posted:

If the ACL is confirmed today, McGovern and Mitch Brown will have to hold down the KPD spots.

Second year player Jeremy McGovern? Blargh rip WC.

Also a final reminder I'm going to the Rose today to watch the doggies if anyone wants to join

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'm going to a distillery in Essendon to kill myself by drowning in booze after Carlton's pissweak effort yesterday.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm going to a distillery in Essendon to kill myself by drowning in booze after Carlton's pissweak effort yesterday.

Starward?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

That's the one.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

TG-Chrono posted:

That's the one.

That's in Essendon??? Wow something good came out of the north west for once

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's still so weird to me that the AFL has so many teams in Melbourne. I understand why, but it's hard for me to imagine a city completely dominated by one sport, and divided up between like 8 teams.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

It's still so weird to me that the AFL has so many teams in Melbourne. I understand why, but it's hard for me to imagine a city completely dominated by one sport, and divided up between like 8 teams.

Yeah it's a weird reality that came out of a weird history, the gold rush has had such a massive influence on this city and on early Australia. Melbourne was once the richest city in the world so much gold was coming out of it and in part the football clubs grew out of some of the social backwash from that.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
At one point Melbourne was the second most populous city in the British empire after London.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Australia are getting annihilated by NZ in the cricket

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

Second year player Jeremy McGovern? Blargh rip WC.

Also a final reminder I'm going to the Rose today to watch the doggies if anyone wants to join
I'll be there too - only bloke behind the bar.

TG-Chrono posted:

I did my prediction ladder last night/today and have them coming second bottom. Sorry TG :(

hiddenmovement posted:

Australia are getting annihilated by NZ in the cricket
Don't make me complain about that in two threads, please

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How split up is the fan base in Melbourne? Like if you go to Hawthorn is it mostly Hawks fans, Essendon Dons fans, North Norf fans, etc? Or is everybody just spread all over the city, with a bunch of people bandwagoning whichever team is good?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Volkerball posted:

How split up is the fan base in Melbourne? Like if you go to Hawthorn is it mostly Hawks fans, Essendon Dons fans, North Norf fans, etc? Or is everybody just spread all over the city, with a bunch of people bandwagoning whichever team is good?

Not completely segregated, but there are definite identifiable pockets of support, and clubs do their best to develop and protect these.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Volkerball posted:

I'm a Raiders, Avalanche, and Suns fan. I deserve a good team in at least one sport. For real, I don't watch much rugby, so when I do, I like it to be new zealand. They're so good it's incredible to watch. It reminds me of the Soviet hockey team back in the day. So much better than anyone else, it's silly.
So good they've only ever managed to win World Cups when they host them. Even England managed to win their title away from home.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Deadly Hume posted:

So good they've only ever managed to win World Cups when they host them. Even England managed to win their title away from home.

they haven't lost a game in like 3 years

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

The cricket world cup is getting some really substantial crowds, I thought it was going to be an hilarious non event as well but I was sorely mistaken. You can't ignore 90,000 at the G and 45,000 at Adelaide oval.

Yeah but you wouldn't know it from turning on the telly. Besides today's glorious debacle.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Volkerball posted:

Dude, we just got to watch like twenty years of Joe as Avs fans so there isn't that much complaining you can do.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

spamman posted:

Dude, we just got to watch like twenty years of Joe as Avs fans so there isn't that much complaining you can do.

I became a fan in like '01, but yeah. As far as glory days go, it doesn't get much better than that. Those teams were incredible.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The tv and internet has proven to me that cricket is way more popular than I thought, and accusations of it being daggy and outdated are badly offmark. I have also learned that there are loving loads of Indians in this city.

Christchurch is packed to the loving rafters

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I'm more having a go at channel 9 than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

thepokey posted:

I'm more having a go at channel 9 than anything.

Oh you mean the lovely coverage? Yeah it's sucked arse, this is the first game I've seen.

• Locked thread