Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Smorgasbord posted:

Starc is really good, last time he was out here he was a 130km trundler that got carted everywhere.

He's always been a decent enough white ball bowler. The kiwi tail offered a lot of big gates to sneak through though

Wow that was hell exciting though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
That was some extremely epic poo poo. I need a lie down.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Best cricket match I've ever seen.

The ICC doesn't understand the simple truth that games with lots of wickets are better than games with a lot of runs.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia are the moral victors I think

I hope the UAE India game will be just as exciting

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Scylo posted:

Australia are the moral victors I think

I hope the UAE India game will be just as exciting

Nah similar to the Scotland game, just setting a high run rate for the NRR, wickets are irrelevant in the calculations and you never know our final 2 might be rained out.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The ICC doesn't understand the simple truth that games with lots of wickets are better than games with a lot of runs.

They really are. But you can't show as many ads.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Some say it was a good match, but it really was a piss poor effort by what should be the two top teams for this tournament. Australia definitely needs to look at its top end batting, same can be said for NZ's middle/lower order.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I really rate Starc. Easily the best Aussie bowler.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Will surely mean NZ finish top of the pool so they can get knocked out by Ireland in the QF.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Watching AB cart 150 in 10 overs is lame as hell compared to this.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

Watching AB cart 150 in 10 overs is lame as hell compared to this.

Well AB is AB it's more when the typical ftb just launches sixes everywhere because of flat wickets, etc.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It should have been a joint MOM between Boult and Starc as both were unbelievable.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

If Starc had picked up boult I wonder if williamson would have been criticised for exposing the tail in a situation where he really didn't need to. Still its all academic now.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If Starc had picked up boult I wonder if williamson would have been criticised for exposing the tail in a situation where he really didn't need to. Still its all academic now.

I was already doing that so yes.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Thankfully Mitchell Marsh being a cheating oval office and the umpires being spineless fucks didn't ruin an otherwise fantastic match.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The commentators on the UAE match sound really excited to be there.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Pvt. Public posted:

Thankfully Mitchell Marsh being a cheating oval office and the umpires being spineless fucks didn't ruin an otherwise fantastic match.

He's been incredibly honest and trustworthy in the nets.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What the ever living gently caress did they put into the water for that game? GG that was incredible to see both sides try to gently caress up worse than the other

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Pat Cummins was the cheater i think not Marsh.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
This game just goes to show that with these tiny boundaries and bat technology as it is, bowlers are on a hiding to nothing in the modern batsman dominated game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Good god. I flicked over to the super rugby and it's like watching paint dry after this match.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
At Perth, meanwhile, Karate has 4 runs off 25 balls.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
2 good bowlers, 2 bad teams.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dumb Username posted:

At Perth, meanwhile, Karate has 4 runs off 25 balls.

Karate is actually defensive rather than aggressive.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

2 good bowlers, 2 bad teams.

Well one of them is going to win the world cup

Competitive see-saw game with two great bowling performances? nah two bad teams loving up

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 28, 2015

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

Batsmen should never refer LBWs (unless they think they hit the ball), fielding side, well, the bowler has a slightly better view.
The non striker shoukd have a fair idea.

You Am I posted:

Some say it was a good match, but it really was a piss poor effort by what should be the two top teams for this tournament. Australia definitely needs to look at its top end batting, same can be said for NZ's middle/lower order.
What are you talking about mate. Two fantastic bowling efforts in a game set up for batsman. If you didn't like that maybe you shoukd set up a bowling machine and start a six hitting competition.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
ugh I picked a terrible game to not watch it seems :negative:

any of the aussie commentators have a meltdown?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I've been playing cricket all day, what did I miss?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I've been playing cricket all day, what did I miss?

Mostly bandy related discussions.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I am driving home from Sydney and nearly crashed 3 times listening to the game and hooting and hollering when Starc was bowling.

loving Kane has balls of steel.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

That was insanely good bowling from Starc but we have Williamson so :smug:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Wandle Cax posted:

Well one of them is going to win the world cup

Competitive see-saw game with two great bowling performances? nah two bad teams loving up

He's sad that england is a very bad team with no good bowlers

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:qq: Luv u Marty mate :qq:

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

haha take in the rear end u aussie cunts :smug:

best game ever, crowd was going mental

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Let us review the standings after that game

Lol

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
The only part of the game I saw was Shane Warne absolutely and cravenly begging the DRS to overturn the Warner dismiss

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shmoses posted:

What are you talking about mate. Two fantastic bowling efforts in a game set up for batsman. If you didn't like that maybe you should set up a bowling machine and start a six hitting competition.
The Australian batsmen threw away their wickets today, and the middle order panicked like some suburban grade team.

I wasn't wanting sixers every ball, but I expected some good batting today, and Australia's top and middle order largely failed at that

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I am back with many fish... And chips. What did I miss?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You Am I posted:

The Australian batsmen threw away their wickets today, and the middle order panicked like some suburban grade team.

I wasn't wanting sixers every ball, but I expected some good batting today, and Australia's top and middle order largely failed at that

They threw away their wickets by allowing the ball to hit the stumps. Good of them really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Drugs posted:

The only part of the game I saw was Shane Warne absolutely and cravenly begging the DRS to overturn the Warner dismiss

He was also trotting out that dumb argument of how umpire's call shouldn't result in the loss of a review. Yes it should, that's not what DRS is for you fuckwit.