Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Corridor posted:

so I just learned that there's a 3rd game on the 3DS. Thanks to the magic of region locking, I'm sure I'll never see it :toot:

Wind Up Kingdom looks really fun too...

It's from a different developer than the first two, and I believe the general consensus is that it isn't very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Butt Ghost posted:

This game is loving impossible, holy poo poo.

It's perfect.

If I recall it can be beaten in like 15 minutes if you know what's what.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

If I recall it can be beaten in like 15 minutes if you know what's what.

But so can Morrowind, so big whoop.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
KOTAK put up an article about the SF2 Ametalk with some gifs.

http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-comes-to-life-with-japanese-celebrities-1687410104

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Corridor posted:

so I just learned that there's a 3rd game on the 3DS. Thanks to the magic of region locking, I'm sure I'll never see it :toot:

Wind Up Kingdom looks really fun too...

Just FYI, you can bypass region locking with a browser exploit on all 3DS except the New 3DS (RegionThree), but the third game wasn't too well received.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Today (February 25th) is Arino's 43rd birthday. Say happy birthday right here is you want to.
https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Got mail from Gascoin! DVD box set 11, signed by Arino.

This time his little message roughly translates as "To Canada for filming".

Here's what comes with this set:

A swanky Arino business card. The top says "Club CX", with CX written out phonetically in katakana for style points.

GCCX ruler set. I don't really want to pop these out and use them... Much like the dilemma of getting a cool sticker set and not wanting to use them.

Speaking of cool sticker sets:

GCCX Famicom cartridge labels! How cool are these?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zari-gani posted:

:gasp: Get someone to make you a set of Everdrive N8's to use this with.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

So what games are you going to scrape the label off of?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

So what games are you going to scrape the label off of?

I do have this well-loved copy of Championship Lode Runner, but I don't have the heart to cover it up...

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Hi, can someone who speaks Japanese tell me why my twitter feed has been nothing but Arino posting the same photo of chocolate cake over and over and over and over and over again for the last few days?

At first it was weird, and then I got annoyed, but now I just want cake.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

xamphear posted:

Hi, can someone who speaks Japanese tell me why my twitter feed has been nothing but Arino posting the same photo of chocolate cake over and over and over and over and over again for the last few days?

In a run up to his birthday (Wednesday)? See above.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

xamphear posted:

Japanese Twitter users often reply by retweeting the old-fashioned way -- copy-pasting the original tweet to their own account -- and tacking their reply onto it. It's Arino's birthday. Arino posted a pic of his birthday cake. Many people retweet-replied to the pic. Arino then retweet-replied to those retweet-replies, which lead to the photo being reposted a few times.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I just tweeted him offering happy birthday wishes from Washington DC, and asking what he thought President Obama's favorite game might be. It would be rad as h*ck if he did a DC visit!

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I wished Arino a happy birthday from Australia, and he replied that koala's intestines are 40 times longer than humans. :v:

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
Takes a long time to digest eucalyptus.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

makere posted:

Just FYI, you can bypass region locking with a browser exploit on all 3DS except the New 3DS (RegionThree), but the third game wasn't too well received.

It's not as good as the other GCCX games, but I thought it was still worth playing. I found it a lot more difficult than the other two if that does anything for you.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Champeenship posted:

I wished Arino a happy birthday from Australia, and he replied that koala's intestines are 40 times longer than humans. :v:

I love how when foreign fans tweet at him stating their location, he'll reply with the first relevant thing that comes to mind.

I also like his English replies.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

zari-gani posted:

Frankly, since this is something that is never going to be commercially produced, I'd like to see a hi-res scan so someone can print stickers so we can all have the joy of using them - and then you won't have to break up the original set. Just sayin'!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Champeenship posted:

Arino gettin' all mameshiba with age.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Caitlin posted:

Frankly, since this is something that is never going to be commercially produced, I'd like to see a hi-res scan so someone can print stickers so we can all have the joy of using them - and then you won't have to break up the original set. Just sayin'!

I bought and posted pictures of this (minus signatures) in December last year and talked about how it was the top DVD on amazon.co.jp. Maybe add "...outside of Japan" after " commercially produced" ?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I am very specifically talking about the stickers and only the stickers. That is why the stickers are the only image I have quoted.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Caitlin posted:

I am very specifically talking about the stickers and only the stickers. That is why the stickers are the only image I have quoted.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B2%E...s=gamecenter+cx

Subtly isn't really your strong suit.
The yen is in the toilet now, just buy DVD Box 11 if you want them.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Kakaricho posted:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B2%E...s=gamecenter+cx

Subtly isn't really your strong suit.
The yen is in the toilet now, just buy DVD Box 11 if you want them.

$60+ for stickers is pretty loving steep, I don't care how far down in the toilet the yen is.

A high-res scan would be neat, but the bottom two don't look like they'd be too hard to just straight up re-create as a vector image. I mean, assuming you have the skills for such a task.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

There's vectors of the pulse label out there already if you're that interested, but I don't seriously think a scan of stickers would impact sales of a DVD box set and :

xamphear posted:

$60+ for stickers is pretty loving steep, I don't care how far down in the toilet the yen is.

That being said, a simple "no" is fine, considering everything else that gets posted in here it didn't seem too :filez: to say that about a freaking 3 sticker sheet including the pulse label design.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is The Mysterious Murasame Castle on the Disk System.

Also, apparently these's a big announcement about season 19.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is The Mysterious Murasame Castle on the Disk System.

Also, apparently these's a big announcement about season 19.

Yep, the obvious one.

I wonder if this is going to be the first time they've had a real gap between seasons since 14. Which won't be bad. It'll let us catch up if they take more than a month off. :v:

Speaking of which, I hope people have blocked out a long stretch of time this weekend.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Speaking of which, I hope people have blocked out a long stretch of time this weekend.

Done and done!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Random Stranger posted:

Yep, the obvious one.

I wonder if this is going to be the first time they've had a real gap between seasons since 14. Which won't be bad. It'll let us catch up if they take more than a month off. :v:

Cancelling all of my plans now!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Cannot contain hype!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

Today (February 25th) is Arino's 43rd birthday. Say happy birthday right here is you want to.
https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415
I know I'm kinda late with this, but on Retro Game Challenge 2, you unlock a t-shirt for checking the Daily Challenge (you don't have to attempt it) on Feb 25 due to it being Arino's birthday.

Also, yes, I'm still doing the Daily Challenges everyday to get to 99,999 points despite the fan translation being out for a while by now, and me having the ability to change the date at will on my 3DS so I could accomplish this in a few days/weeks rather than actual months (or even years). They're starting to take longer for the most part (unless I find a cheat or cheats that makes the challenges easier/faster to complete), but I'm still having fun doing them. :dealwithit:

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Looking forward to the weekend. I'm all caught up on the raws, so now I can re-watch and understand what's going on better.

Obeast posted:

I know I'm kinda late with this, but on Retro Game Challenge 2, you unlock a t-shirt for checking the Daily Challenge (you don't have to attempt it) on Feb 25 due to it being Arino's birthday.

Also, yes, I'm still doing the Daily Challenges everyday to get to 99,999 points despite the fan translation being out for a while by now, and me having the ability to change the date at will on my 3DS so I could accomplish this in a few days/weeks rather than actual months (or even years). They're starting to take longer for the most part (unless I find a cheat or cheats that makes the challenges easier/faster to complete), but I'm still having fun doing them. :dealwithit:
I had strong intentions to keep playing the daily challenge as well. I made it up to 10,000 points playing for 2 months or so, but the challenges started taking way too long. The games are fun, but not enough to play them everyday in order to earn 99,999

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

cubeboy posted:

Looking forward to the weekend. I'm all caught up on the raws, so now I can re-watch and understand what's going on better.

I had strong intentions to keep playing the daily challenge as well. I made it up to 10,000 points playing for 2 months or so, but the challenges started taking way too long. The games are fun, but not enough to play them everyday in order to earn 99,999

Goes faster if you change your birthday in the DS menu to be the current day before you do a challenge, you're awared like 1000 bonus points for it being your birthday? I got to 99,999 but I honestly can't remember what the reward was.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Yep, the obvious one.

This is perfect timing. The girl that i'm getting close with seems like she would dig it, i showed her the Earthbound segment and she loved it, and wants to see a full episode this weekend when we hang. Looks like we might both get to watch something new.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

gunstarheroes posted:

This is perfect timing. The girl that i'm getting close with seems like she would dig it, i showed her the Earthbound segment and she loved it, and wants to see a full episode this weekend when we hang. Looks like we might both get to watch something new.

Comedy option: Tokimeki Memorial.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Or better yet, Binary Land DVD challenge.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Comedy option: Tokimeki Memorial.

If things go really well, CRQ My Angel.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, things have been pretty badly derailed. You don't want to know what I've been up to for the past 36 hours. We'll see what happens, but there might be a bit of delay before the flood begins.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Random Stranger posted:

Well, things have been pretty badly derailed. You don't want to know what I've been up to for the past 36 hours.

When you say something like that, I kinda do. But I understand if you don't want to talk about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Who is the new AD that appeared in the new Commando episode?