Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

RoanHorse posted:

Well poo poo. There goes the most interesting passive skill.

Gesticulation still works fine though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Does anything change on the second play-through / can you retain skills?

You don't have a choice in the matter. You retain all skills, weapons, items, upgrades AND ammo. So have fun if you wasted all your ammo as Barry. And since Claire/Moira start out with their weapons and flashlight the knife and flashlight are gone from the table. The guard's key is also on the ground so you don't have to locate and shoot it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So I just saw some data mined Revelations 2 video where a character was using a legit japanese sword as melee weapon, leaving me just a little bit excited.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Firing up Resident Evil Revelations 2's raid mode this morning w/o commentary, join in if you want to see what it's like. I also broke down and bought Wesker this morning so join in and see what he's like.

http://twitch.tv/deathsandwichsa

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

So I just saw some data mined Revelations 2 video where a character was using a legit japanese sword as melee weapon, leaving me just a little bit excited.

Ha-hanzo steel! Finally!

The artbook spoiled Alex Wesker being a lady so I can't loving wait for transphobic bullshit to crop up somewhere.
Edit: I don't know poo poo about RE lore, disregard my spoiler text.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 28, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Future unlockable weapons.

Got a good laugh at the second.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow, those are indeed some butt hugging shorts.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Lunethex posted:

Future unlockable weapons.

Have they been confirmed as Raid Mode weapons as well?
Also I want rankings in Raid Mode, dammit.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I hope there's an upcoming patch to unfuck the latest PC patch because I just decided to replay Claire's chapter to look around for collectibles and poo poo and after playing it under the highest settings with zero lag on the first go around, I now get lag in areas even with settings near their minimum and online raid mode is still borked.

I'm having fun with it but I can't believe this is so unoptimized.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I know Capcom is trying to do more stuff in-house these days, but they really oughta have the dudes who did their RE6 PC port do all their RE PC ports.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RoanHorse posted:

Ha-hanzo steel! Finally!

The artbook spoiled Alex Wesker being a lady so I can't loving wait for transphobic bullshit to crop up somewhere.
Edit: I don't know poo poo about RE lore, disregard my spoiler text.

haha, how the gently caress would that be transphobic.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think they were confusing Alex Wesker and Albert Wesker.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i enjoy these secret files very much
too bad they're hidden behind annoying dumb collectibles

E-Mail from Piers to Claire posted:

Dear Claire,

On behalf of our unit, I just wanted to say it was real nice to get to see you the other day. Thank you for taking the time to talk with everyone. The guys really appreciated it.

I know you were surprised by the men's reaction upon first seeing you. Let me explain. When we heard that Terra Save would be arriving on location, well, the men knew that you'd be coming and so they got a bit excited over the idea. They'd only heard stories about you, and since you're the Captain's sister, well...let's just say they were expecting someone more along the lines of his build. I tried to tell them otherwise, but their imaginations got the best of them.

So then when you arrived...well, aside from not being what they expected, we don't get to interact with a lot of pretty women in our line of work, so that's why they had the reaction that they did. Then they had to remember that you're the Captain's sister, and it made them all awkward... I'm sorry about that, ma'am.

You probably saw it for yourself, but we all have a lot of admiration and respect for the captain. In addition to being a very capable leader, he treats us like family. He's an inspiration to us all.

Speaking for the men, we're all looking forward to the chance to work with you again. Our paths may not cross often, and I know you're busy, but it'd be nice to talk every now and then, even through email. Just between you and me, if you have any pictures of the Captain when he was younger, I'd sure love to see them! I hear he was very different back then, but he won't show us anything...

There's a lot more I'd like to say, but it's time to get ready for our next posting. These missions aren't easy, but it's nice to know we've got allies such as your organization backing us up. Keep fighting the good fight.

1LT Piers Nivans
BSAA North American Branch

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 28, 2015

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

RoanHorse posted:

Have they been confirmed as Raid Mode weapons as well?
Also I want rankings in Raid Mode, dammit.

Its weird not having rankings. Makes me think its another bonehead move from Capcom, like when Online Coop arrives suddenly the rankings system will open up.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That email is pretty funny.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Although it makes me want a Claire outfit where she's all roided up like Chris.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Although it makes me want a Claire outfit where she's all roided up like Chris.
There probably will be a model swap mod for that.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Alteisen posted:

That email is pretty funny.

The writing in this game has been everything I wanted from a Resident Evil game. :swoon:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So far I'm not super impressed with Wesker in the raid mode. He only gets 2 guns until 45, his passives unlock path sucks for quite a while, he's super limited on non-inhereted active actions, and he has the single best passive skill in the game to compensate for all of this. His melee is nice and quick, but also has the shortest recovery time of all the characters so he really doesn't *need* the dodge canceling the way the others need it. Right now I'll get him to level 20 and inherit his dodge canceling out and then I'm basically done with him.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm quite liking Hunk and Clair in Mercenaries. Hunk is just an unending hail of bullets thanks to early access to scavenger and 4 guns by default (as well as the best grounded enemy finisher in the mode) and Clair gets a really useful Halo style shield at 18 that she can inherit out to others.

And then there's Gina, who spaz-dances zombies to death, which is quite possibly the greatest skill to hit a Resident Evil post game mode in quite a while.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Klaus Kinski posted:

And scavenger is great. The average map is ~40 enemies. At 40%, that's ~16 magnum rounds back, equal to 2.5 extra pickups.
If it's anything like Rev1's raid mode, you can also just load up a very early map, and either melee / pistol through the easy enemies to save yourself money loading up heavy weapons later. :toot: And on the ammo topic, just one time I'd like to see a RE protagonist start with more than one spare magazine. :argh: Come on Barry, you know about all the horrid BOW's, and even if you were shooting dudes, you'd bring at least one reload for that big honkin' magnum!

DeathSandwich posted:

So far I'm not super impressed with Wesker in the raid mode.
I can't unsee how whenever he does his stun melee animation that his hand isn't modelled for a punch. He's just jabbing his 'I'm holding a gun' hand at the enemy and knocking them over.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

limited posted:

If it's anything like Rev1's raid mode, you can also just load up a very early map, and either melee / pistol through the easy enemies to save yourself money loading up heavy weapons later. :toot: And on the ammo topic, just one time I'd like to see a RE protagonist start with more than one spare magazine. :argh: Come on Barry, you know about all the horrid BOW's, and even if you were shooting dudes, you'd bring at least one reload for that big honkin' magnum!

I can't unsee how whenever he does his stun melee animation that his hand isn't modelled for a punch. He's just jabbing his 'I'm holding a gun' hand at the enemy and knocking them over.

Which is really loving weird considering his hand was modeled correctly for those animations in RE5.

Speaking of, I dug out my copy of it and got everything redownloaded on my PS3. My old save was lost but I can still do Mercenaries reunion for now. I may try and pull some goons together tomorrow to play.

Speaking of RE5 comparisons: I can't help but think that RE5 looked better than this, even while factoring that I'm playing Revelations on a PS4. I can't fault it on that front too bad considering it's a sequel to what started as a DS game, and it's budget priced.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Does anyone who purchased this on PS4 know how to access Hunk on Raid mode? You're supposed to have him unlocked but I don't see him as an option.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You have to buy him from the DLC section in the store. He's free.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Thanks - was easy to overlook that little phone in the lobby but have it sorted now.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Speaking of which, I downloaded the bonus raid pack thing, but the bottom section is still locked when i try to select them. Attempting a redownload from the PS4 says no item found.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

OxMan posted:

Speaking of which, I downloaded the bonus raid pack thing, but the bottom section is still locked when i try to select them. Attempting a redownload from the PS4 says no item found.

I – and many others – have had the exact same problem as you, so at least take comfort in the fact that it's nothing on your end. I think it's an error with the pre-order – if you look at your downloads the pack is probably still listed as an item that is waiting to be unlocked rather than a download. Hopefully it gets fixed when chapter 2 comes out.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Five medals on raid levels. I'm more excited for the next episode for the new levels than any story.

Also, dodge canceling feels so wrong but at the same time it's saved my arse a ton of times when it comes to reloads and the like. I feel dirty using it. :saddowns:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

poptart_fairy posted:

Five medals on raid levels. I'm more excited for the next episode for the new levels than any story.

Also, dodge canceling feels so wrong but at the same time it's saved my arse a ton of times when it comes to reloads and the like. I feel dirty using it. :saddowns:

Feed dodge cancel to Gina and laugh as she spasticly dance cancels to victory.

Bonus points if you also feed her Clair's shield skill so she can take an errant punch or two in melee every now and then.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
I think the character Cipher is bugged or something in this game, as the character will not unlock for me. Also I noticed when I play this game in windowed mode I get less framerate drops.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Toxsyl posted:

I think the character Cipher is bugged or something in this game, as the character will not unlock for me. Also I noticed when I play this game in windowed mode I get less framerate drops.

it's not 90 total medals, it's 90 completion (win, at or under par level, no healing, kill everything in one run) medals, which is impossible at the moment. there just aren't enough levels.

also, did you know that other character's completion medals don't count? i found that out after like two hours of replaying gauntlets

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Weremacht posted:

it's not 90 total medals, it's 90 completion (win, at or under par level, no healing, kill everything in one run) medals, which is impossible at the moment. there just aren't enough levels.

also, did you know that other character's completion medals don't count? i found that out after like two hours of replaying gauntlets

So even with having over 450 medals I stil can't unlock the guy? Hmm, I guess they are something only available from the full game then. Sad, but oh well.

Really so all that effort trying out HUNK is kinda in vain. I've been maining Whiskers currently cause I'm a douche.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Weremacht posted:

Yeah, this. It's not particularly clear what it means. Although speaking of which...

DeathSandwich posted:

Feed dodge cancel to Gina and laugh as she spasticly dance cancels to victory.

Bonus points if you also feed her Clair's shield skill so she can take an errant punch or two in melee every now and then.

The dodge cancel skill gives more invincibility frames and moves the character further, right? Not sure I've understood the math correctly on that one.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, this. It's not particularly clear what it means. Although speaking of which...

The dodge cancel skill gives more invincibility frames and moves the character further, right? Not sure I've understood the math correctly on that one.
Capcom being clear on a gameplay mechanic? No, they would never do that.

The dodge cancel with the skill that makes you able to link dodges together faster would be pretty bullshit with gesticulation (Aka the best skill ever.)
I really hope there is a twerk or something as dumb looking gesture later on that will make kill people gestures the best thing ever.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

I think they were confusing Alex Wesker and Albert Wesker.

Ashford, actually. I got confused because someone doing the data mining said

quote:

"Alex (Alexia?)"
and I assumed it was the trans character from Code Veronica X that we all hope to forget someday.

What's this about taunt kills?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Gina's Gesticulate skill lets her knock down, and damage, enemies with gestures. It's not a ton of damage but it's hilarious and an almost guaranteed knockdown.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Fereydun posted:

i enjoy these secret files very much
too bad they're hidden behind annoying dumb collectibles

How do you unlock the email from Piers? I've gotten all the plates/drawings/bugs. Please don't say "get all campaign medals" because some of those seem impossible.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Renoistic posted:

How do you unlock the email from Piers? I've gotten all the plates/drawings/bugs. Please don't say "get all campaign medals" because some of those seem impossible.

Speaking of which, I'm totally confused on how to kill 8 people with sub weapons that you only get 2 of for Clair's part. Also, do medals stick around if you replay the chapter?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

How can you have 450 raid medallions and how can you have the Piers email? I have 100%'d episode 1 and I have none of this stuff.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
450 Raid medallions can only be gained when later episodes unlock, unfortunately. The max you can earn right now is about 270, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

330 with the Throwback stages, yeah.