Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i also have verys torng opoions on how people play Games

modders and people who have house rules for monoply are the scum of the earth and ruining Gaming

edit: Gaming and Games should hva e captical gs because they are quite importand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ernie Muppari posted:

modders and people who have house rules for monoply are the scum of the earth and ruining Gaming

edit: Gaming and Games should hva e captical gs because they are quite importand

He's talking about game designers, not game players. As in 'If this bit was so bad/superfluous a significant number of people want to skip it, why was it in the game?'

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ernie Muppari posted:

Yeah

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I'm going to release a gaming console where all the games cost around $15, they're all an hour or two long and all you have to do to win is push Start. No QTEs, no boss battles, no interruptions to move your character to the next setpiece, nothing. It's gonna be awesome and everyone's gonna love it.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

So.. A blu-ray player then.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Tsietisin posted:

So.. A blu-ray player then.

:thejoke:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Magicka had some pretty cool boss fights. That was, what, three years ago? Even the giant snake in the forest that you bait into slamming its face into a shield wall. I got stuck on that one for a while, but once you figured out what you were supposed to do it was interesting. Plus the experience was a lot different in multiplayer, when half the battle is making sure you and your friends don't kill each other first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

I call upon Shiva (either the Final Fantasy one or the actual Hindu god will do, I'm not picky) to end these joyless people as well as Charlie Brooker.

I'm pissed that someone out there with almost my username is besmirching the good name of boss fights.

Deus Ex: HR would've been amazing if all the boss fights had an option to go like the dialog boss fight you have with the anti-augmentation guy depending on how you're playing. It makes no sense to try and talk down the villains if you're going around killing everyone but if you're a sneaky pacifist with a silver tongue it would've been a much more interesting way of going about it.

edit: Maybe that's the solution to terrible boss fights in games with customization? The re-done boss fights in DX: HR's Director's Cut were actually pretty good. I could play through it on a no-kill run and not bang my head against the wall because now I have to go toe-to-toe with some guy with a howitzer.

Even the worst Zelda boss isn't as bad as the poo poo that went down in Bioshock Infinite. Jesus, that was a terrible game.

axeil fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 1, 2015

• Locked thread