Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Shmoses posted:

Libba did his ACL :(

Think we need ACL watch, up to 3 already :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shmoses posted:

Libba did his ACL :(

hooray footballs back :negative:

EDIT: A couple of days after arguing that Matty Boyd isn't going to be very important at all this season and would be phased out, we're literally right back to him being a main engine room player.

Also apparently Nathan Hrovat has a punctured lung. That's just wonderful.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 28, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Testekill posted:

hooray footballs back :negative:

EDIT: A couple of days after arguing that Matty Boyd isn't going to be very important at all this season and would be phased out, we're literally right back to him being a main engine room player.

Also apparently Nathan Hrovat has a punctured lung. That's just wonderful.

I'm loving terrified for Geelongs match tommorow now

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
gently caress the pre-season warm-up competition.

:stonk:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenmovement posted:

I'm loving terrified for Geelongs match tommorow now

It's going to be a massacre. Please spare our ablett. That's all I ask.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gough Suppressant posted:

Going down immediately and then being able to hobble around on it right after is what an ACL usually presents like in footy isn't it?
Sometimes but there are a bunch of other tendons in the knee that can get ripped up in the incident which can affect how much a player can move afterwards. A knee strain also looks like a player going down, then hobbling off the ground. They can do a quick test of the knee's range of motion as soon as the player gets off the ground that is a pretty good indicator of the injury but usually they wait for scans to confirm.

Zetsubou-san posted:

I'm glad Essendon had the good sense to throw in a bunch of sacrificial VFL players instead of the main playing list now.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

I wonder if we would actually see more injuries without it. At least by playing games no one cares about you can manage player loads and intensity to ease people into things. Not that that would help with ACLs

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I wonder if we would actually see more injuries without it. At least by playing games no one cares about you can manage player loads and intensity to ease people into things. Not that that would help with ACLs

Playing on lovely suburban or rural grounds like Morwell probably doesn't help the injury toll.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Playing on lovely suburban or rural grounds like Morwell probably doesn't help the injury toll.

Yeah that's a good point. Can't wait to see which demons emerge from thunderdome.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Some of those grounds probably have better turf than Docklands though. Particularly as it's been a fairly wet summer.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Yeah that's a good point. Can't wait to see which demons emerge from thunderdome.

It's being played on Fremantle Oval, which is still Freo's training ground and a WAFL oval, so it should be in pretty good nick, fingers crossed. I really hope they don't risk the Dad's Army section of the Freo squad.

And Wednesday looks like a generic summers day in Perth, 31C with an afternoon sea breeze (I will cut you if you call it the "the freo doctor").

Spedman fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 1, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide are playing on a slab of rock at Port Lincoln :cripes:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide are playing on a slab of rock at Port Lincoln :cripes:

Could be worse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenstown_Oval,_Tasmania

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
i am extremely excited for a low-quality feed of a practice game in bumfuck nowhere

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Drugs posted:

i am extremely excited for a low-quality feed of a practice game in bumfuck nowhere

This unironically

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NTRabbit posted:

This unironically

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
i wasn't being ironic

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
of course you weren't. who wouldn't be excited to watch ablett?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Breaking news - Ablett still stalling on contract negotiations with Geelong Gold Coast, expected to sign soon.
1/03/20102015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rockets > Bombers.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i figured ablett wouldn't play, but this lineup is really, really neutered.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Eh they're about equally neutered. No Joshnson, Enright, Selwood, or about 5 other guys.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sloane's had a haircut, noooo :magical:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Gold Coast are leading, has Clark retired again yet?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Darcy Lang only young cats player of note. Billie Smedst still sprays it.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Majak Daw taking some big grabs. He certainly seems to have better game sense than he did last season

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Murdoch stinking it, Smedst doing those 1% type things well but bad at the rest

EDIT: Getting eaten alive around the stoppages, younger midfielders ineffective, Mitch Clarke can't be made fun of because he has been parked deep forward and it barely went there this quarter. Worst possible result thus far.

EDIT 2: No one has died on the field so until that happens this has acually been a pretty good game compared to the Bulldogs and WCE recent outings.

EDIT 3: Good stuff from most of our established players but Murdoch and Smedts have been crap. They need to have good seasons or the knife beckons. Darcy Lang has been solid and Nakia Cockatoo has shown a bit. Mitch Clark looks fit but he's managed to drop just about every single mark and hasn't really rucked at all, Dawson Simpson has been smacked about by Zac Clark.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 1, 2015

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nononono you're doing it wrong. If you have that many consecutive comments about the game that you want to make and nobody else is posting to break up the comments, you just post them all in consecutive posts anyway.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Thank jeebus for afl dude
http://vaughnlive.tv/afldude

e: hearing townsville bogans trying to start a mexican wave like, every minute.

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 1, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

realbez posted:

Nononono you're doing it wrong. If you have that many consecutive comments about the game that you want to make and nobody else is posting to break up the comments, you just post them all in consecutive posts anyway.

Lol, wouldn't that just fill entire pages up with annoying crap people may not want to read? I can't imagine who would do something that obnoxious.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

A handball too far.

e: traitor scores a goal.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 1, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

hiddenmovement posted:

Lol, wouldn't that just fill entire pages up with annoying crap people may not want to read? I can't imagine who would do something that obnoxious.
To save time while doing this, you could refrain from using the shift key.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Two goals in a row for Mitch Clark :)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Get off it umpire"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
then clark drops a huge mark inside 50

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
holy poo poo matera

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

We are both going to be very relieved come the end of this season.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

So we have:

McKenzie (not sure if confirmed?)
Petracca
Liberatore

all done ACLs before the start of the year. poo poo.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Windmill Hut posted:

So we have:

McKenzie (not sure if confirmed?)
Petracca
Liberatore

all done ACLs before the start of the year. poo poo.

Confirmed for MacKenzie
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-02-28/acl-for-ezy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
noice

• Locked thread