Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yea, wouldn't do much good otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

CD Key resellers already selling hardline keys (or pre-orders for them, anyway) for a little under $40.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

CD Key resellers already selling hardline keys (or pre-orders for them, anyway) for a little under $40.

I didn't think PC gamers bought games at all, except for $5-$10 games from Steam sales.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

And yet we spend more annually on videogames than the poor console players.

(just a joke, pc gamers are really impulsive about money)

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Just make sure you wait until the game's actually out and the server is actually up before you go and buy it.

Yeah no, this is what people are actually laughing at, not someone being cool and generous. It is a special kind of retarded to spend multiple hundreds of dollars buying a server for a game which a) may die within a month and b) is not even released yet.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Someone hasn't read the star citizen thread

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Star Citizen is kind of the gold standard for prepaying lots of money for something which may never come out though, right?

~Hotwire Mode~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRY52HjTT9g

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

kloa posted:

Someone hasn't read the star citizen thread

Bitch I'm speaking from experience, I backed star citizen in the day. Thankfully I sold my poo poo during the golden era of the imaginary future internet spaceship black market.

I want to know what shankerz does for a living that he spends literally thousands of dollars on video games every month

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Prawned posted:

Bitch I'm speaking from experience, I backed star citizen in the day. Thankfully I sold my poo poo during the golden era of the imaginary future internet spaceship black market.

I want to know what shankerz does for a living that he spends literally thousands of dollars on video games every month
I think I know...

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/twitch-amhai-donor-warcraft/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo :stare:

I'd love to be able to throw money like that or just rent servers for goons for all the games I play.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

If you live in Dubai chances are $100k is pocket change for you

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

If you live in Dubai chances are $100k is pocket change for you

Wow you mean if I move to dubai I automatically become insanely wealthy?!?! Glad to find out there is finally a utopian society where there exists no low-middle class.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's because if you're not loaded chances are you're literally a slave

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

evil_bunnY posted:

It's because if you're not loaded chances are you're literally a slave

So, like the U.S. basically?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
which was better my shitposting or debate&discussion.txt

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

which was better my shitposting or debate&discussion.txt

let's get this thread back on track with some A++ quality cum police jokes please

e: I really enjoyed BC2 and BF3 (and BF2142 so help me god), but after BF4 imma give this one some breathing room first.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiY9vediuRM

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prawned posted:

let's get this thread back on track with some A++ quality cum police jokes please

:agreed:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Prawned posted:

e: I really enjoyed BC2 and BF3 (and BF2142 so help me god), but after BF4 imma give this one some breathing room first.

2142 is still the best in the series. Final Stand for BF4 is basically a prequel to 2142, so I don't know why they don't just loving make 2143 or whatever instead. I want REAL Titan matches and mechs back! :argh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously, they just need to make a 2142 sequel

charge $100 for it even I don't care

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

They are already making battlefront

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

seriously, they just need to make a 2142 sequel

I would think about pre-ordering, then not pre-order but still be stealth excited.

I spent all day flying those transport shippies and taking titan pods to land in awkward positions and just snipe all day like a true pubbie :gay:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I actually remember watching this show! This needs to be at the top of the OP!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So for the digital deluxe, you get access to all those battle packs that come with a specific weapon. Is this weapon exclusive to deluxe, or is it just a shortcut to something you can unlock in standard?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

So for the digital deluxe, you get access to all those battle packs that come with a specific weapon. Is this weapon exclusive to deluxe, or is it just a shortcut to something you can unlock in standard?

It's exclusive for now, but will probably become available at some point in the future.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Anyone got any cool banners made yet?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

If anyone needs inspiration for a banner, the old WookWook banners are archived here

(user/pass lljk/lljk)
http://bfgoons.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ServerBanners

I think three of ended up selected as SA banner ads during the BF3 launch

edit: also found this from ~2011, did Goons predict TF2 + BFBC2 = BF:HL ?

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 1, 2015

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Hadlock posted:

If anyone needs inspiration for a banner, the old WookWook banners are archived here

(user/pass lljk/lljk)
http://bfgoons.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ServerBanners

I think three of ended up selected as SA banner ads during the BF3 launch

Those are awesome. Will need someone to make a banner for our server as well as fourm sig so we can bump our server posting on the official website. I'll post the server info as soon as they give it. I'm also looking for responsible people that would like to be server admins to keep the brown sea of pubbies in check as well as spergish goons that need a good backhanding every once in a while, like my self :p . Drstrangelove is currently the best and only choice that I know of. If you guys have anyone you think could help serve the rest of us goons. Please post :)

Also looking into any scripts that our community would like for the server in reference modes and settings we want to see on our server. I hope to get it set in stone and keep it the same for a while as opposed to changing the server daily.

Also looking to see how many goons would be interested on release day to lock our server and maximize our 200% xp buff into trading kills and wins. Example just hotwirng cars and letting everyone just drive around to collect xp and cash for a few hours.

shankerz fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 1, 2015

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
So I'm guessing if I live in Asia and mostly play on Asian servers that joining a goonsquad is probably not gonna happen, eh

Is there a separate, international [CUMP] reach-out program or NGO that I can roll with

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

quadrophrenic posted:

So I'm guessing if I live in Asia and mostly play on Asian servers that joining a goonsquad is probably not gonna happen, eh

Is there a separate, international [CUMP] reach-out program or NGO that I can roll with

Haven't heard of one yet. You are more then welcome to roll with us on our server based out of Dallas Texas. Your ping might be in range of 150-250. I've played on Russian servers with 180 ping and done just fine.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm still hard for Hardline tbh.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

TubeStank posted:

I'm still hard for Hardline tbh.

Same.

edit: just CUMP'd, no longer hard. Give me like, 30 minutes and we'll see.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

I've got good news for you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats the news

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

With John Riccitiello at the helm of EA I could see them charging $75+ for the base Battlefront game, with this new guy hopefully they will still only charge $60. They will definitely con a bunch of people in to paying $100 for the collector's edition though.

Battlefront + "season pass" will definitely run $100+ though.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
why hasnt the title of this thread been changed to Battlefield Hardline: WOOP WOOP, das the sound of cum police

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Was bad boys bad boys watchoo gonna do on the soundtrack in the beta? Cos it fuckin better have been

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

nrr posted:

Was bad boys bad boys watchoo gonna do on the soundtrack in the beta? Cos it fuckin better have been

No, but neither was "gently caress the Police", so...

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Oh EA, never change

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/02/ea-announces-battlefield-hardline-premium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Haha god dammit every game is $100+ these days.

• Locked thread