Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Asiina can't we all be friends??

Sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, I'm going back to basics after my last few games. Friends would be nice!

I just want you not to have a mental breakdown this game :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Let's all be friends here. Surely if we all work together, we can get through this in one piece.

##vote Meinberg

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

##vote Meinberg

Hey don't vote for my friend, that's rude! ##vote Rarity

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rarity posted:

##vote Meinberg

Ma'am, that's a touch rude of you.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Everyone's ignoring me!

##vote everyone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Everyone's ignoring me!

##vote everyone

I was going to set that to make you vote for yourself but someone beat me to it :(

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm so lonely even I don't like myself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As you move through the mine shaft, low arguments and friendly chatter circulate. Although there is a sense of excitement and adventure in the stale air of the mine, no one has forgotten why they are here.

The light of your lanterns stops you short. The passage ends in a vertical shaft. At one point, there was a mechanism for safe descent, but it has since fallen into disrepair.

You have the necessary supplies to descend without tremendous difficulty, but a problem presents itself. One of you will have to be the last one down, without anyone securing the rope at the top.

You may volunteer to be the last one down by posting ##volunteer. If no one volunteers within 24 hours someone will be selected at random.

Votecount for Day 1

Deadbeat Dad (2): Meinberg, Rarity, Ghostly Gangsta, Rarity
Rarity (1): EXAKT Science
Meinberg (1): Max, Max, Rarity
AnonymousNarcotics (1): AnonymousNarcotics
Max (1): yuming
EccoRaven (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science

Not Voting (9): Amnistar, Asiina, Byers2142, Deadbeat Dad, Dr. Hurt, EccoRaven, Max, mr.capps, Pinterest Mom

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 02nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I'll ##volunteer

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'm so lonely even I don't like myself.

If I live through this, I'll be your friend, Narc!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

If I live through this, I'll be your friend, Narc!

Thanks buddy! I'll try to catch you at the bottom!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh yeah I should ##unvote

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Oh poo poo, it's a PM-run CYOA!

Footsteps. Footsteps in the dark.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

I'll ##volunteer

What a guy. I'll catch you if you fall

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

Oh poo poo, it's a PM-run CYOA!

Footsteps. Footsteps in the dark.

This is awesome and I wish I had volunteered. drat you Byers for being so quick! Good luck friend, watch out for the booty traps.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

This is awesome and I wish I had volunteered. drat you Byers for being so quick! Good luck friend, watch out for the booty traps.

I've already stopped to try looting something shiny. I may be in trouble...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ohdear:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

I've already stopped to try looting something shiny. I may be in trouble...

Or you may about to be rich! Who knows?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It seems you're waiting for an eternity at the bottom of the shaft. What could be taking Byers so long? Your fears are intensified as a lantern plummets through the darkness and smashes at your feet, screaming emanating from above. You wait in anticipation, but nothing else happens.

Suddenly, you can see Allie. She's not that far above you when her foot slips. She windmills through the air before landing in a heap on the ground. At least she seemed to miss the broken glass.

Byers, Allie Hensman has been injured. He will require the assistance of another member of the expedition to get through the day.

If you ##volunteer, Byers will only be able to vote the same player as you for the rest of the day.

Allie's service to the group will not be forgotten. Byers is loved the rest of the day and +1 to lunch,

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND

##volunteer

We'll figure out how to handle this vote control thing, Byers

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND

##volunteer

We'll figure out how to handle this vote control thing, Byers
This is scummy, I feel like Byers should've been a part of the discussion of whose vote he shared.

##vote Rarity

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh come on ##vote yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's something scum have incentive to do-- just like grabbing all the items in Ecco's Bandit game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

yuming posted:

It's something scum have incentive to do-- just like grabbing all the items in Ecco's Bandit game.

Agreed

##vote rarity

Also I will be around tonight to actually play this game. Found a buyer for my desk and am then getting lunch and seeing a movie with a friend downtown. :woop:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

also: something a player has an incentive to do, because you might get cool flavour

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

also: something a player has an incentive to do, because you might get cool flavour

idk what game ur playing where you aren't already getting cool flavor by PMing Somber roleplay actions like ##griddle breakfast and ##eat bacon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I keep trying to dunk Somber, I don't know if he likes me anymore :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yuming posted:

I'm not going to just force Byers's vote somewhere he doesn't want it to be. Part of the reason i volunteered was cause i trust myself not to abuse that power. But mostly cause i never get to be part of day events and i wanted to be involved.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh come on ##vote yuming

Why is yuming's opinion so out of whack with reality here that it warrants you voting her?

There's not time limit for when a volunteer needed to occur; discussion and a later volunteer could have allowed me to be supported by someone whose read of the game fits. I don't know what Rarity thinks bout this game thus far, if she votes for someone I think is playing like town, I'm forced to choose between voting that person or not voting at all now. Can you really not see how effectively controlling someone's vote in a day might be a good move for scum to make?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm not going to just force Byers's vote somewhere he doesn't want it to be. Part of the reason i volunteered was cause i trust myself not to abuse that power. But mostly cause i never get to be part of day events and i wanted to be involved.

I could go either way on it, but I do see yuming's point. It's control of my vote, even if you don't abuse that control. I'm more interested in PMom's jump that yuming's scum for pointing out a very valid point, one you yourself acknowledge; this is something that can be abused.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity volunteering is not a votable offence. I think yuming is looking for an excuse to vote for her.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allie leaned on Lula for support. Her knee was pointed in the right direction, but was bloated and a shade of purple she'd rarely seen before, and never on no human body. As soon as she found a stick long enough, she'd fasten together a rough crutch, but for tight now all of the wood she saw was being used to stop the sides of the tunnel from collapsing in on the group.

"It was wolves," she said, her teeth gritted in pain. "Four o' the bastards came up the tunnel behind us, and when they saw I was alone they came for me. Person who brings me the most wolf pelts in the next month, they's get fresh-smithed fireplace tools from me free of charge."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rarity volunteering is not a votable offence. I think yuming is looking for an excuse to vote for her.

Why? You're saying it's scummy; what do scum gain making that specific case?

I feel like you're either stretching to make a case on yuming (and run into the same problem where I can't reconcile you wanting yuming, specifically, dead) or you're jumping to defend Rarity.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess I'm defending Rarity, yeah, cause I would've done the exact same thing she did.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was glad to have something worth voting on I will say, because nothing weighty/worth commenting on had happened yet.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess I'm defending Rarity, yeah, cause I would've done the exact same thing she did.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. You're aggressively defending Rarity. There's a difference between voicing your disagreement with yuming's case and immediately calling yuming scum for making it. The immediate "oh come on" response is disproportionate to a simple reaction to defend Rarity.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Proportionality is subjective :shrug:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Aaand I'm around for a bit.

Notable points:

Day Actions that are public like Rarity's and Byers are somewhat iffy on alignment calls in my opinion.
First, Rarity doesn't control Byers' vote, she just limits the person he can vote for. If Byers disagrees with who Rarity votes for, he should just not vote.
Second, while scum would jump in to nab to the power themselves, town would also jump in to prevent scum from nabbing it.

And my other comment:

Damnit, go back to the western flavored posting, that was awesome.

Also, I own a house....
:circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. You're aggressively defending Rarity. There's a difference between voicing your disagreement with yuming's case and immediately calling yuming scum for making it. The immediate "oh come on" response is disproportionate to a simple reaction to defend Rarity.

I agree with this.

I can see Rarity snatching up a vote as scummy. I personally wouldn't vote her for it, but it's still a scummy thing to do so I get why yuming voted. PMom acting like this is totally out of line and is itself a scummy move I don't get.

• Locked thread