Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
i guess what i'm really asking is

is jon jones black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

manyak posted:

lol loving dumbass

That putz oughta change his name to al-sucker

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

niethan posted:

i guess what i'm really asking is

is jon jones black?

Ignorant goons will say he acts white with his gold belt, but that's not backed up by facts.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Yessss. FOR ALL SEASONS!

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Count Roland posted:

Cyborg doesn't have to talk she just needs to be on Camera. She's the Ivan Drago of this generation.

Just have her co-main a few big PPVs and she'll be known quickly. At worst she'd sell better than the 125/135 mens divisions and probably as well as 145-170.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Like four months ago Rousey wanted Cyborg charged with murder because she was loving people up so hard. Of course you could sell that fight

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

niethan posted:

are my eyes hosed up or is holm not dressed in orange?

gently caress this poo poo :stare: it was orange

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cyborg sucks. Steroids matter so much more in womens sports and she's abusing the hell out of them

her technique sucks, she just bulldozers her opponent with punches they can't absorb because she's more steroid than woman at this point

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Why would steroids matter more in women's sports?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

vainman posted:

Why would steroids matter more in women's sports?

I imagine because women naturally produce much less androgens, and therefore using exogenous androgens allows for a much greater differential in muscle and strength gains

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
That was an incredibly funny main event, now I need to figure out a way to rewatch the rest of the main card that I missed while going back for booze.

While dealing with my first massive hangover at 7000 feet.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That was an incredibly funny main event, now I need to figure out a way to rewatch the rest of the main card that I missed while going back for booze.

While dealing with my first massive hangover at 7000 feet.

in my opinion, all the drinking and behaviour surrounding it is not good for you

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Every time I see the gif of the entire Rousey/Cat fight all I can think of is a spider just totally swarming over and binding a helpless fly.

Rhonda is seriously amazing and should be making more money than Floyd Mayweather.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Every time I talk up Ronda one friend always brings up Cyborg. This fight needs to happen so I can shut him up.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

PaganGoatPants posted:

Every time I talk up Ronda one friend always brings up Cyborg. This fight needs to happen so I can shut him up.

If the Fedor talk can die, the Cyborg talk will as well. Just give it time.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

NowonSA posted:

Rhonda is seriously amazing and should be making more money than Floyd Mayweather.

lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

She's like Tyson if you put Tyson in 1920s boxing.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
I only see white and gold, what is this thread?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

argondamn posted:

She's like Tyson if you put Tyson in 1920s boxing.

So jack dempsey?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

NowonSA posted:

Every time I see the gif of the entire Rousey/Cat fight all I can think of is a spider just totally swarming over and binding a helpless fly.

Mayweather has beaten a few people who are good though

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

People actually bitched non-stop that they weren't getting their money's worth out of Tyson PPVs and stopped buying them in such numbers that cable companies started changing to a "pay by round" model

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/01/sports/pay-per-round-idea-for-tyson-holyfield-fight-stirs-controversy.html

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Ha, never in a million years, I know, but I find her fights more entertaining than Floyd's, though I'm not much of a boxing guy so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

They only showed orange once, the rest of the fight it said pink. It was just a mistake, chillz.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Holly Holm made me real mad last night because it was like watching a bad Bendo fight but without even the possibility of cool scrambles. On the other hand, she made me happy last night because I got to watch 15 minutes of her Bendo-like thighs in action.

But yeah a volume kicking game might work against Ronda but the minute Pennington bullied her way inside I knew that she had nothing for Ronda. Also, how loving big is she? She looked like a giant in there against Raquel.

Regarding Cat Zingano, lol. Good plan there, immediately close the distance on Ronda Rousey.

Regarding Koscheck dying, I'm glad that finish happened because that fight was worse than Holm/Pennington until then.

Jouban is a handsome man and my girlfriend told me in no uncertain terms that she'd leave me for him. And I'm still okay with this.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Grem posted:

They only showed orange once, the rest of the fight it said pink. It was just a mistake, chillz.

Why is it orange if you Google image search the fight?

#justaskingquestions

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

niethan posted:

Why is it orange if you Google image search the fight?

#justaskingquestions

It looks to me like a camera colour balance issue. Her shorts were a coral colour, which on cameras that had increased red balance turned pink.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Holm has good boxing and great footwork by WMMA standards but I was surprised she wasn't mixing up her kicks more. It was like playing the UFC video game and spamming the headkick button. It's not like she's that quick with it either. If she switched to body kicks in the third round she probably could have got a few good ones in before Raquel adjusted.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

attackmole posted:

Holm has good boxing and great footwork by WMMA standards but I was surprised she wasn't mixing up her kicks more. It was like playing the UFC video game and spamming the headkick button. It's not like she's that quick with it either. If she switched to body kicks in the third round she probably could have got a few good ones in before Raquel adjusted.

Yeah thats what I mentioned its like she was playing UFC like I play their video games where I just spam the same kick until the CPU forgets to block it.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

It looked to me like Holm did nothing but practice TKD or Karate for the first time in her life for the last 6 months with her hands tied behind her back. That was a DEEP stance, and her head was way forward. Her not getting knocked out is huge negative mark on her opponent.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Human Crouton posted:

It looked to me like Holm did nothing but practice TKD or Karate for the first time in her life for the last 6 months with her hands tied behind her back. That was a DEEP stance, and her head was way forward. Her not getting knocked out is huge negative mark on her opponent.

She didn't get knocked out because the hype + her admittedly deserved reputation set her up as something scary. If she doesn't back it up in her next fight there's a good chance someone's going to expose the hell out of her because they won't see a reason to be cautious. She's obviously not a bad fighter but she has to figure out how to get comfortable and confident in the next fight.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
She's actually done a better job setting up her kicking game with hands in her previous fights. I'd say that are three things to consider.
(1) She was nervous in her UFC debut.
(2) Pennington is a lot better than anybody Holm has previously fought, in particular her toughness and top game, limiting Holm's options. Significantly, Holm only threw telegraphed head kicks and range-keeping front kicks, which really limited her setups. She was probably avoiding leg and body kicks for fear of giving up a takedown and getting killed on the ground, which killed her setups.
(3) Pennington isn't actually good, but Holm's previous opponents were all real bad, and Holm herself is bad as well.

Right now the thing that is really bothering me about that fight isn't Holm being a bad and boring fighter, it's that I think Pennington would have won if she was less tentative in the early rounds. In the third, after Rocky realized that Holm's hands are only good for point-boxing and Western Union was sending advance notice of all the high kicks, Rocky started to loosen up and she scored quite a bit. I think she might be naturally a really slow starter, or at least somebody who doesn't know what to do outside a brawl.

I actually kind of want UFC to bring Rakoczy back to fight Holm, now.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah after the first round Pennington really should've understood that Holm was playing a point fighting game and aside from head kicks with no setup she wasn't a real threat standing.

Another thing I noticed is that Holm's best offense often came after she had gotten tagged with something, I wonder if she needs to be in a real fight before doing poo poo.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Can we stop assuming a fighter is bad because of one performance that didn't live up to our expectations based on internet hype and ufc marketing? Oh no we can't? We have to form a strong opinion and can't reserve judgement ??? No? ok

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

lol

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

EvanSchenck posted:

I actually kind of want UFC to bring Rakoczy back to fight Holm, now.

She's still around, she's supposed to fight Valerie Letourneau at UFC 186. Maybe she'll have improved a lot with the huge layoff, but I kinda doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

EvanSchenck posted:

Holm's hands are only good for point-boxing and Western Union was sending advance notice of all the high kicks

Rousey would end Hold the second they clinch, and Holms boxing wouldn't be a threat even if she did manage to keep the distance for as long as possible. She isn't a contender in my eyes after that performance and the above is why and it also made me laugh

• Locked thread