Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Even I don't get what PMom's doing here. I totally understand people giving me an extra hard look over the day. While I think putting down a vote is a little excessive, yuming and Ecco are reacting exactly how I would if it was somebody else who had volunteered.

PMom, if you're guess that yuming wanted an excuse to vote for me why do you think she would be wanting to vote for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Pinterest Mom posted:

Proportionality is subjective :shrug:

And everyone else thus far looks at the proportionality of your response and finds it suspect.

Except Amni, who commented on Rarity and my own day actions but not PMom's vote. PMom, if I could I'd probably be voting you now.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not really going to keep justifying myself.

I did probably go overboard in voting yuming, the vote on her was more of a rhetorical point (I really don't like/understand this behaviour) than an actual "let's dunk her", but I do think you have to stretch pretty far to call Rarity scummy based on her volunteering.

##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not really going to keep justifying myself.

I don't like how you're just shutting down this line of discussion. It's scummy to try to bail out of pressure.

Byers2142 posted:

PMom, if I could I'd probably be voting you now.

The system works!

##vote PMom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just don't think there's more to squeeze out of this rock. I explained what I was thinking, you don't like it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
blinks rapidly for five minutes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dreamed here.

We are in the mouth of my darling Sarelene. Circles in circles.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hehehehehe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
YA ONE OF THEM KANSAS CITY PRICKS AIN'T YA
STAY AWAY FROM MY BLUE, YA HEAR?
##vote Asiina

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (3): EXAKT Science, yuming, EccoRaven
Deadbeat Dad (2): Meinberg, Rarity, Ghostly Gangsta, Rarity
Asiina (1): mr.capps
Pinterest Mom (1): Rarity
mr.capps (1): Asiina
yuming (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
EccoRaven (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Meinberg (0): Max, Max, Rarity, Rarity
AnonymousNarcotics (0): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Max (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (7): Amnistar, AnonymousNarcotics, Byers2142, Deadbeat Dad, Dr. Hurt, Max, Pinterest Mom

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 02nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I just don't think there's more to squeeze out of this rock. I explained what I was thinking, you don't like it.

Specifically, we find it scummy, especially given your response. Both Rarity and I brought up the question of why yuming as scum would want to go after Rarity, and after that you backed down from calling yuming scum. You can't excuse a serious vote for someone by later saying it was a rhetorical point, which is exactly what you've just tried to do.

##vote PMom

Oh, gently caress me running. I can be strong...

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I dunno about alignments controlling actions but last time I played with Rarity she was similarly aggressive and turned out to be scum

This game she's playing pretty aggressive and pretty much said what she did was scummy and then went after the only person defending her for basically saying "voting her for that isn't really worth a vote"

Then when you try to explain what you mean by that she will not take your answer FOR poo poo, and I ended up vigging somebody else and I still regret that

she's... a tough nut to crack, but if we crack her early..

##vote Rarity

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Allie looked at Prescott, his insane cackle echoing from the front of the group. "He's crazy, you know." She gestured at Prescott to let her know who Allie was talking about it.

"I heard tell from the Warner twins that Prescott drank a vial of rattlesnake venom on a dare. For 5 goddam dollars, they say that crazy sunvawhore burned out whatever sense might have been ramblin' through his head." He looked at Lula. "Me, I think it's worse. No man's gonna drink rattler's juice and walk away. So don't listen to him, hun. That man's long dead, and the Devil's running his body now."

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
But I also really want to vote Dr. Hurt. He answered Amnistars post pretty seriously (although Amnistar asked him to answer it seriously to head off joke phase or was that a joke? and I think it was before the game even began? It's just really weird) - and then did this weird thing I've seen people as scum do a lot which is inform people when or if they'd be around because they're busy. I just don't see town doing that. He doesn't have many posts so I'm not sure though but I want to vote him.

and AnonymousNarcotics is the equivalent of somebody trying to fit in, which is concerning. Not in a like I'm a bully you can't be our friend way, just like "hey I'm around guys not really talking about anything just postin'" which is weird to me

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I dunno about alignments controlling actions but last time I played with Rarity she was similarly aggressive and turned out to be scum

This game she's playing pretty aggressive and pretty much said what she did was scummy and then went after the only person defending her for basically saying "voting her for that isn't really worth a vote"

Then when you try to explain what you mean by that she will not take your answer FOR poo poo, and I ended up vigging somebody else and I still regret that

she's... a tough nut to crack, but if we crack her early..

##vote Rarity

DBD, PMom's defense is literally, "Yeah, maybe I over reacted, but you can't think that I was really voting yuming there." In PMom's world, we're supposed to buy that vote as some kinda exclamation point? That's doesn't play right to me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

DBD, PMom's defense is literally, "Yeah, maybe I over reacted, but you can't think that I was really voting yuming there." In PMom's world, we're supposed to buy that vote as some kinda exclamation point? That's doesn't play right to me.

I don't think it's fair of you to put "you can't think that I was really voting yuming there" in my mouth. Of course people would think I was really voting yuming - I was! I was using my vote to underscore my point, but I didn't give any indication that that's what I was doing.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Allie looked at Prescott, his insane cackle echoing from the front of the group. "He's crazy, you know." She gestured at Prescott to let Lula know who Allie was talking about it.

"I heard tell from the Warner twins that Prescott drank a vial of rattlesnake venom on a dare. For 5 goddam dollars, they say that crazy sunvawhore burned out whatever sense might have been ramblin' through his head." She looked at Lula. "Me, I think it's worse. No man's gonna drink rattler's juice and walk away. So don't listen to him, hun. That man's long dead, and the Devil's running his body now."

Holy poo poo, the pronouns are bad in this. mafia edit.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't think it's fair of you to put "you can't think that I was really voting yuming there" in my mouth. Of course people would think I was really voting yuming - I was! I was using my vote to underscore my point, but I didn't give any indication that that's what I was doing.

Ok, fine, so you're not saying that we should have understood, you're saying... what are you saying, exactly? You can't disengage from a case where you're basically admitting that everything people are questioning about it is right, but not your intention.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm saying Rarity volunteering was not scummy, and it's dumb to jump on her for it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

It would be hypocritical of me because I react similarly when I vote people out of frustration or as a "point to prove" in my head if I think the reasoning for the vote is utterly stupid so I can see where he's coming from.

I have more problem with the "I'm not gonna keep justifying myself" line which Rarity quoted but I still find Rarity's turn on him odd. It honestly feels like a strange sort of interaction. I don't have a problem with his vote at all though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But I also really want to vote Dr. Hurt. He answered Amnistars post pretty seriously (although Amnistar asked him to answer it seriously to head off joke phase or was that a joke? and I think it was before the game even began? It's just really weird) - and then did this weird thing I've seen people as scum do a lot which is inform people when or if they'd be around because they're busy. I just don't see town doing that. He doesn't have many posts so I'm not sure though but I want to vote him.

and AnonymousNarcotics is the equivalent of somebody trying to fit in, which is concerning. Not in a like I'm a bully you can't be our friend way, just like "hey I'm around guys not really talking about anything just postin'" which is weird to me

I do this in every game because I'm a newb and want to be friends with everyone <3

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm saying Rarity volunteering was not scummy, and it's dumb to jump on her for it.

Dumb =/= scum, and you don't vote dumb.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rarity volunteering is not a votable offence. I think yuming is looking for an excuse to vote for her.

You vote people you are saying are acting scummy. The post above is you making a scum case on yuming, not saying she's playing dumb. That's my problem, you changed from "yuming is scum" to "yuming is dumb" after you were pressured over this, and want to undo the vote/posting you did.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It would be hypocritical of me because I react similarly when I vote people out of frustration or as a "point to prove" in my head if I think the reasoning for the vote is utterly stupid so I can see where he's coming from.

I have more problem with the "I'm not gonna keep justifying myself" line which Rarity quoted but I still find Rarity's turn on him odd. It honestly feels like a strange sort of interaction. I don't have a problem with his vote at all though.

I'm having a hard time parsing your first paragraph, but I think you're saying you use your vote to make a point something, yes? What about the fact that PMom was ok with the idea of that vote being for yuming doing scummy behavior, and now it's not?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

mr.capps posted:

YA ONE OF THEM KANSAS CITY PRICKS AIN'T YA
STAY AWAY FROM MY BLUE, YA HEAR?
##vote Asiina

I saw Blue out in the fields earlier before we left. I think one of the gringos were trying to shag it. Buckin' and running all over the place trying to get out of their nasty grip. I shouted and they ran. Didn't want to be known as "the horse fucker" around these parts I presume. I think she did though.

Back in my country, only the nobles can own horses. Once I get back home with all of this gold I plan on having a lot of horses to graze my land. And a wife or two!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Blue isa horse? I thought she was an rear end.

Whyya lied ta me muh Blue.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

I'm having a hard time parsing your first paragraph, but I think you're saying you use your vote to make a point something, yes? What about the fact that PMom was ok with the idea of that vote being for yuming doing scummy behavior, and now it's not?

I'm saying I can understand being annoyed with a vote and voting that person because of it which is what he did with yuming. He literally was like "cmon that's not a reason to vote me" and voted her for that. And that when people bring dumbass votes on me (which are subjective) I react the same.

What would be scummy is if he kept his vote on yuming and tried to push others on it because she said what she said. I think you're holding the vote in too high a prestige and the action of voting and taking away a vote isn't a huge deal. I'm not commentating on the other reasons you feel like he's scum but that one in particular doesn't make sense to me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Dumb =/= scum, and you don't vote dumb.

You vote people you are saying are acting scummy. The post above is you making a scum case on yuming, not saying she's playing dumb. That's my problem, you changed from "yuming is scum" to "yuming is dumb" after you were pressured over this, and want to undo the vote/posting you did.

I think it's safe to vote dumb when they have 0 votes on them and there's more than 24 hours before deadline.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

mr.capps posted:

Blue isa horse? I thought she was an rear end.

Whyya lied ta me muh Blue.

I wasn't close enough to tell the difference, but I do know a good rear end when I see one![

*chokes on pretzel M&M

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Well then things went a might bit interesting after I went to bed. I don't think that Rarity particularly had sinister motivations in helping Byers but I agree that Pmom went out of their way to back her up.

Dbd you are reading a whole lot into me bragging/informing folks about the great movie that I saw. Why is that suspect and not the two people informing us that they are moving?

Speaking of informing, my computer died last night so I'm going to be phone posting from now on. Heaven help me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah and you weren't town in that game either, if I remember correctly.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

Yeah and you weren't town in that game either, if I remember correctly.

Just a well meaning survivor :henget:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote capps

For actively posting nonsense.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think it's safe to vote dumb when they have 0 votes on them and there's more than 24 hours before deadline.

Read my second paragraph. I don't believe you voted dumb, because again the post here:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rarity volunteering is not a votable offence. I think yuming is looking for an excuse to vote for her.

Is make a case against yuming's behavior. "Looking for an excuse to vote for her" is a scum cases you're building against yuming, and you change tracks when you get pressured.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was out suit shopping for my wedding today, I'll look over the lengthy . . . page and a half I need to catch up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

yuming posted:

##vote capps

For actively posting nonsense.

I had some questionable feelings about the current discussion about PM, but honestly this bothered me more and more as I read down the current posts.

##vote capps

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For the record, I'm just skipping every post with italics and photos.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What is capps even for

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(that italics was for emphasis, not to indicate skip-worthiness)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Max posted:

For the record, I'm just skipping every post with italics and photos.

God Max is such a bore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am not enabling capps' nonsense this game. It's getting worse with every game and I'm not letting him get away with it for my own and everyone else's sanity. He thinks he is invincible to getting hanged and so doesn't actually have to contribute but instead act like a big distraction.

Capps, please actually participate in this game.

• Locked thread