Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

The numbers work out if Rarity is the cult leader and tried recruiting Meinberg on Night 2 and actually used the Amulet of Mara on Night 3, but that doesn't make any drat sense since she could have recruited instead and have one of her recruits claim the marriage.

Actually, who said she didn't do just that? It seems overwhelming likely that one pair of Rarity/EP or Chic/Glock is scum. Rarity could have tried to recruit Meinberg, claimed her result under the guise of using the amulet and failing, then just recruited EPlud and said she used the amulet.

Hmm. I guess I'm not really feeling it, though. Which might almost make Rarity's theory tempting. I still think Shadow is the safest lynch today however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, thinking about who I'd vote for if I took Chic/Glock out of the equation.

Good Sir: Oracle claim today looks good, not interested in voting

Meinberg: Could have been recruited N1 or N3 but going by Squid's setup spec seems like the only reason we're still at four scum, not interested in voting

Epsilon: Would vote if I didn't think it would risk taking my vote out of the game as well

Squid: Looked very towny after his claim on D4, would have been a solid recruitment choice on N4 though I'm not getting any scumminess in his content

Shadowglass: I think his claimed result on Meinberg is towny rather than scummy. If he was scum this would be the perfect time to fake a tracker result, not interested in voting

I guess by elimination I'd be on Pope, which I don't think would be a bad shout really. If we can't do a Glock/Chic lynch then he's the only other person I'd be up for voting today.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Ahhahahaha

Yesterday when I left I've seen you starting to ask your quiz questions. I had the feeling this will be some setup for a gambit. This was very elaborately set up with lots and lots of posts before this one.
"Guys I'm asking you all these QUESTIONS. I want to know YOUR opinions. And after that I'll present you with this idea I have, which is totally not something I've planned from the beginning, I've come up with it based on YOUR opinions!"
So here is the prize winning idea:

Rarity posted:

Yeah, us potentially being lovers is pretty much the same deal as what's going on with Chic/Glock. The only differences are that my ability to create a masonry was confirmed by someone else and claimed before today. Which brings me to my point.

Chic and Glock are presenting us with a scenario where we cannot afford to lynch them. Almost ever.

There is nothing more suspicious to me than a late game claim which makes the player impossible to lynch if true. Neither Chic nor Glock breadcrumbed their claim and while this is not exactly surprising, I'm just pointing out we have nothing to prove they are telling the truth but each other's word and a tenuous Oracle link. And to that I ask, where are the dragons? Where is the Elven Agenda? Where is Mehrunes Dagon?

Here's what I think, Chic and Glock saw Good Sir's night results and came up with this claim as a way to ensure they both made it to the end. Chic and Glock are scum buddies.

##vote Chic Trombone (the more experienced player)

If we don't do this then we've probably already lost.

:eng101: "In this critical situation, the best course of action is to NOT LYNCH SCUM today! We should kill the 3Ps, especially since the other might also leave the game! So scum will surely have the majority then!"

I don't know if this is funnier or the fact that some people have fallen for it. Oh, man it's 3 a.m. here, I shouldn't be doing this. Sorry for my incoherent rambling.
But this is still funny.

So, you are the scum after all, LOL. I actually managed to convince myself yesterday that you are really not likely to be one. If you haven't done this I probably would have looked at Gabe first.

##vote Rarity

Let's talk about something that will probably come with Rarity. She is supposedly lovers with E+. When he claimed it, E+ said they are masons, and "probably" lovers. I think that's based only on flavor (amulet o Mara, being married, etc.). Squid this was your item, what does it actually do? Not the flavor, but actual mafia rule stuff. Does it say it makes you masons or that it makes you lovers ?

Rarity is presenting the "lovers" claim as matter of fact (not just possibly) and most people in the thread seem to take it for granted that they are lovers. Lovers is a very very convenient claim for scum. It practically unverifiable (until they die) and it'll make them a really unattractive lynch target, since they'd take someone else with them. Also even if they are really lovers, with the amount of scum we have now, it's possible they're both scum. But they are probably not. Lovers I mean.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Abyssal Squid posted:

All right I haven't got much but:

1) Either it's a guaranteed loss for town to hang Glockenapfel, or Glock and Chic are a scumteam trying a gambit. Even if it's the latter, we still have a good chance of hitting scum among the other candidates.

2) There were two nights when the cult leader didn't successfully recruit, and I'm pretty sure Meinberg is telling the truth. The numbers work out if Rarity is the cult leader and tried recruiting Meinberg on Night 2 and actually used the Amulet of Mara on Night 3, but that doesn't make any drat sense since she could have recruited instead and have one of her recruits claim the marriage. The only reasonable scenario, short of a roleblocker somewhere, is Fire and Ice nulled on Night 2, cult leader whiffed on Meinberg on Night 4..

3) Shadowglass admits to having targeted Meinberg on Night 4.

4) Epsilon Plus has had a really hard time accepting or understanding my take on the cult situation (that it's a by-the-books mafia+cult setup, with the twist that they can negate if they target the same person on a night), which makes me think he's trying to spread fear uncertainty and doubt about the cult.

5) Meinberg you need to hammer. :/

6) All this is moot if Good Sir's dream was about what was true at the beginning of Night 4 rather than at the end, town has already lost. :\

I can't decide between the two of them so I'm randomly going with Shadowglass. Blame Orokos if I should have voted the other way.

##vote shadow

Umm. Targeting a claimed hider would be incredibly stupid by scum. Do you think I'm incredibly stupid? *insert joke about tracking the hider here* I targeted him with the tracker staff specifically to verify the claim, because it was confirmed by Rarity, who I thought was suspicious. The possibility that he really is a hider was very much in the cards. Someone who possibly have immunity to all night actions would be a silly target by scum. I just... I don't know, he just read really-really scummy to me. It was hard to believe that he was town. Also why would I say this as scum? Scum with the tracker staff could have accused someone of visiting Axe Cop last night for quick lynch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god you're the worst mafia player I've ever seen

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
While I'd rather take out Glock today, I'd also feel okay with voting out ShadowGlass.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ShadowGlass posted:

Umm. Targeting a claimed hider would be incredibly stupid by scum. Do you think I'm incredibly stupid? *insert joke about tracking the hider here* I targeted him with the tracker staff specifically to verify the claim, because it was confirmed by Rarity, who I thought was suspicious.

And you didn't simply target Rarity, who you thought was suspicious, because...?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

Oh my god you're the worst mafia player I've ever seen

Harsh, dear.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, we have about 2 hours to reach a consensus here

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think we should vote out Glock, obviously

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'll be here through the deadline, at least, and ready to hammer.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Less than an hour, now. Guys.

Guys.

Vote Glock.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think we should as well. I know it's not the "safest" but I really truly believe he is scum. I can feel it. I can feel it in my throbbing Mafia gland.

I'll be back in roughly an hour. If someone who isn't me or Squid is at -1 I'll hammer them to avoid a nolynch.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Oooooor I misread the deadline. My gland surges with lunching enzymes. Get Glock. Bathe him in my scum-eradicating juices.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'll be here till deadline, I'm only up for lynching Glock, Chic or Pope today.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Anybody here is who isn't voting Glock?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Anybody here is who isn't voting Glock?

You. You're not voting anyone, actually.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

##vote Glock

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

We're giving him the hammer as the best shot of giving a boon to town

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Rarity posted:

We're giving him the hammer as the best shot of giving a boon to town

##vote Glock

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Glockenapfel!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
General Tulius reeled backward from the crowd, dashing away back towards his castle. If he could just get to the escape pod, it'd be fine. He'd have time to prepare his next assault on Castle Skyrim. Knocking a peasant off their horse by pressing ▲, Tulius stole it and quickly gained speed. As he dashed along the main road, the angry mob in the background quickly fell out of view. Tulius gave a sigh of relief. Then he heard it.

On the horizon, lighting flashed and thunder blared. Tulius gasped, but he knew it was too late. The Stormcloaks were upon him. Falling from the sky like rain, but with more swords, they surrounded him.

"I don't think this is how the game works," Tulius screamed as they ran him through. Castle Skyrim would be safe for another day... or would it?

Glocknapfel, General Tulius, Third-Party Aligned Executioner was lunched day five!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Chic Trombone, Ulfric Stormcloak, Vampire Executioner, has fulfilled her win condition and exits the game!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Night 5 begins, send me your actions!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Glockenapfel (5): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Gabriel Pope, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Gabriel Pope, Meinberg, Rarity, Meinberg, Epsilon Plus, ShadowGlass, Meinberg
ShadowGlass (2): Meinberg, Meinberg, Gabriel Pope, Abyssal Squid
Rarity (0): ShadowGlass, ShadowGlass
Chic Trombone (0): Rarity, Meinberg, Meinberg, Rarity

Not Voting (2): Glockenapfel, Good Sir

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 01st, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
22 Last Seed 4E201

Solitude

The palace in in an uproar this morning. Rumors swirl that there has been a murder, and of one of the Jarl's closest confidants no less. You enter the palace and see Sybille Stentor, Elisif's court wizard, slaughtered in her bed. Her golden eyes are glazed over, and hee skin sloughs off into ashen dust.

Epsilon Plus, Sybille Stentor, Vampire, has been killed Night 5.

Deadline will be Wednesday at 8PM EST. Day 6 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
With six alive, it's four votes to execute.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Haha so this is what it feels like to be wrong and right at the same time. Goodbye, my honeybun. I'd grieve for you but y'know, you were evil and all that.

So we're in MYLO with the werewolves and maybe a vampire that got recruited last night, right?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Assuming that the dreams were accurate and there were only four scum yesterday, we have to be down to just three today.

I think it's possible that Epsilon was converted last night before being killed, but if that's not the case then there's only one werewolf and still two vampires.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Meinberg posted:

Assuming that the dreams were accurate and there were only four scum yesterday, we have to be down to just three today.

I think it's possible that Epsilon was converted last night before being killed, but if that's not the case then there's only one werewolf and still two vampires.

Chic and Ecco were described as "Vampire Role" and Epsilon was just "Vampire", much like the wolves are just "Werewolf", so Epsilon might have been the recruiter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

This is meant to be based on a Fire and Ice setup so I think the two actions would have blocked each other?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The good news it looks like we're all out of vampires, because Sybille Stentor IS an O.V. (Original Vampire). I'd pegged Epsilon as werewolf instead of vampire leader, but that makes just as much sense.

More good news, I'd lied about having used all my inventions, I had a scroll of paralysis (one-shot roleblock) in reserve that I REALLY didn't want to go to scum or have the recipient waste it on VT. If we execute a werewolf today and roleblock the other tonight, we've won. I figure it's Shadowglass and Gabriel Pope.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Chic and Ecco were described as "Vampire Role" and Epsilon was just "Vampire", much like the wolves are just "Werewolf", so Epsilon might have been the recruiter.

Oh, that is true. You might be right!

Rarity posted:

This is meant to be based on a Fire and Ice setup so I think the two actions would have blocked each other?

That is also true! I don't want to game the setup -too- much though.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it, since the wiki says Sybille Stentor is a vampire, and doesn't say the other two are. So with the leader dead, the cult isn't a threat even if somebody got converted last night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Abyssal Squid posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it, since the wiki says Sybille Stentor is a vampire, and doesn't say the other two are. So with the leader dead, the cult isn't a threat even if somebody got converted last night.

We do need them to vote with us to get a lynch though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My Gut instinct is that Rarity and ShadowGlass are our werewolves. However: if Rarity is a wolf I doubt she would have killed EPlus or allowed him to be killed, even if she suspected him of being vampire, simply because the lovers claim was too valuable (and if she believed it herself it would have been suicide.) So either we started with only 2 wolves, or one of our claimed power roles is a wolf.

It is a conundrum, but in any event I would be entirely happy voting out ShadowGlass today.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

I've used my Staff of Magelight to track Rarity last night. It wasn't used up when I couldn't find Meinberg before (just like Rarity's item wasn't used up when she tried to use it on Meinberg).

Rarity visited E+ last night.

##vote Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShadowGlass posted:

I've used my Staff of Magelight to track Rarity last night. It wasn't used up when I couldn't find Meinberg before (just like Rarity's item wasn't used up when she tried to use it on Meinberg).

Rarity visited E+ last night.

##vote Rarity

Yep, you've caught me. I ain't gonna hide it. I'm Sinding, a werewolf. But you guys have got this game all rear end backwards still.

So here's the deal, vampires and werewolves can both kill and recruit. We switch it up each night so odd nights I kill and they recruit then even nights they kill and I recruit. Now here's the important bit, we each started with 2 players. So for us wolves that was me and ANarc, on N1 while the vamps recruited Ecco we killed FV cause her knowing about the boon gave her town cred and cause she's a solid player. Regarding the boon, we get one for hammering the opposing scum team but we weren't told about that at first (hence ANarc's slip up) and I bitched Exakt out hard in our doc for a broken setup. But I digress. N2 ANarc tried to recruit Squid but the vamps tried to kill him so nothing happened. Meanwhile I was given this masonry item that I tried to use on Meinberg. At first I thought it was a masonry but after seeing my failed night action PM I thought it made lovers instead. That belief was legit, the reason I targeted Epsilon is cause I was convinced he was a vampire and I wanted to give the other team a reason to not kill me. Anyway I did that N3 while ANarc killed Cpig for his cop softclaim. That's when ANarc gets killed by Opop. While this is going on the vampires are recruiting Chic. So for those keeping score at home, that leaves us at 3 vamps and 1 wolf.

On N4 I tried to recruit Chic for her experience. It didn't work but there was still a NK so I knew going into D5 that Chic was a vampire and pushed for her lynch over Glock's. But either way, Chic ended up out of the game, meaning that going into last night there were 2 vampires and 1 werewolf in 7 players. So if I didn't kill a vampire and they got a recruit off then they'd win. Epsilon was my strongest bet for being a vampire so I gambled on my lover theory being wrong and ended up lucking out. Which brings us to now: there's 6 players left, 1 original werewolf, 1 original vampire and another vampire recruited last night. This game is in MYLO but it's the vampires you guys need to be looking for.

So who are the vamps? Judging by the claims, Squid and Meinberg's are verified and Good Sir's is to out there to be fake so the OG vamp is one of Pope/Shadow. I'm thinking Pope but I'm not 100%. As for the vamp who got recruited last night:

Abyssal Squid posted:

More good news, I'd lied about having used all my inventions, I had a scroll of paralysis (one-shot roleblock) in reserve that I REALLY didn't want to go to scum or have the recipient waste it on VT. If we execute a werewolf today and roleblock the other tonight, we've won.

This is an out-of-nowhere asspull that gives us a reason to ignore Squid completely today, so I'm thinking it's him. ##vote Squid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

One thing that bothered me about Squid's claim today is that the inventors I have seen in other games could not use their own items. They always had to give the items away and the recipient could use it.

##unvote for now to avoid some kind of turbo if there are really two vamps out there.

This setup, man. Can we even win now?

If we execute a vamp today, they probably NK Rarity, but Rarity would still get off a recruitment(?) Rarity, would your recruiting still go through? I assume you wouldn't admit even if it did, so let's go pessimist and assume a new werewolf tomorrow. That'd leave us with 2 town/1 vamp/1 wolf. If we lynch either of the scum, the other will do a NK or a recruit at night and win... Town can't win.

If we execute a town either today or tomorrow of course means that town can't win.

If we execute Rarity now, the vamps will NK a town, and we'll end up 2 town/2 vamp, and town can't win.

So it's possible that we already can't win. Our only chance is that Rarity's recruitment in the first scenario doesn't work if she is NKd the same night.

This assuming Rarity is telling the truth about the setup, since this setup would conveniently put her in a position where we shouldn't execute her today.

• Locked thread