Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I have a research paper due tomorrow.

This isn't what I signed up for.

There's a distinct lack of quotation marks around the words "research" and "paper" in the above quoted post.. Lol it's called using your GI bill to have "online tutors" "revise" your schoolwork prior to your submission. It worked great for Rrail.

You signed up to waste tax payer money and chase a personal dream and not write research papers tho dude? Unless you went to something retarded like film school that's gonna be hard. But then again that'd be the standard to set in wasted tax dollars and dream chasing.

So maybe if this college stuff doesn't pan out you can snobbishly suck Woody Allen's dick like you were his adopted oriental kid for 3 to 5 years in film school and then do a semester working the Kraft Services table at QVC and avoid this research thing all together.

Otherwise college is gonna have research papers no matter what.

Good luck, kid.

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Good thing you have that case of MONSTER ENERGY under your desk, right?

Not even monster can save me now.

I never loving learn. When given the option to do a project on WHATEVER YOU WANT, never ever ever ever ever ever choose something you're genuinely interested in but know nothing about.

The more you learn, the more you realize you have no idea what you are doing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I have a research paper due tomorrow.

This isn't what I signed up for.
"I'll just sleep for a couple hours" has hosed me over so many times, I wouldn't recomend it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Unless you went to something retarded like film school that's gonna be hard.

HI HAVE WE MET

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

HI HAVE WE MET

Oh wait yeah you ARE MY old e-buddy Vic Vermis. It's hard to tell what with how huge of a count cuntula you've become of late for no discernible reason. This research paper got your ovaries throbbing with cystic pain that bad brother? Need a cranberry juice? Extra Midol maybe? Or just a mid summers eve to get all the sand out of the crevices?

:colbert:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Oh wait yeah you ARE MY old e-buddy Vic Vermis. It's hard to tell what with how huge of a count cuntula you've become of late for no discernible reason. This research paper got your ovaries throbbing with cystic pain that bad brother? Need a cranberry juice? Extra Midol maybe? Or just a mid summers eve to get all the sand out of the crevices?

:colbert:

I hate winter and I'm too cheap/lazy to drink.

So here I am. Grumpy and sober.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I hate winter and I'm too cheap/lazy to drink.

So here I am. Grumpy and sober.

:glomp:

Glad your sober.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I just final outprocessed today, start terminal leave tomorrow.

:feelsgood:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Buzz feed but it's pretty funny

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7StVvbFOU

non military people don't get phrases we have all used (although "jody boy" gets a definite wtf who adds boy on the end)

Their definition of balls watch (or balls-thirty) was off to me. I thought it was because all 0s look like balls but they explain it like you are nodding off looking at your balls. Maybe I'm super dumb (likely)

Aha, I knew those loving hipsters looked familiar. This is where I saw them before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtWosxIqJE

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sotar posted:

I just final outprocessed today, start terminal leave tomorrow.

:feelsgood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This class is about half empty. Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't bother showing up most of the time.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Guys, I have to admit something:

A few months back, I was having a difficult time in school which was being compounded by a few other issues. Generally I was not having a good time, so I did the unthinkable: I called up a recruiter. A reserve recruiter. A Navy reserve recruiter. I saw it as a way out, a way to let the pressure valve go. Basically, I planned to go in as the equivalent rate to the one I had in the Marines, which would allow me to get to a unit faster than it would if I were to retrain. I went so far as to going to MEPS for the initial physical and getting my PS package submitted. I was pretty committed to getting back in. Eventually, I made it through the semester, took a vacation to Mexico and later California, and got my head screwed on straight.

Realizing that my problems weren't really that bad, I called up the recruiter and told him that I really didn't want to go through with it. Luckily he was cordial about it, and said that if I ever wanted back in that the Navy would be there. I thanked him for his time and effort. As it stands now, I am still a free man on the land, peepin butts and shaving bc I can't grow a beard.

welp that's my story :shobon:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
:cawg:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
i thought this was a safe space :sigh:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I know of one GiPper who shamefully retreated back to the military as a reservist. I won't name names because being back in the military is punishment enough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I know of one GiPper who shamefully retreated back to the military as a reservist. I won't name names because being back in the military is punishment enough.
Was he a Bloomin' Onion(TM) technician?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's OK, Deathy. You made the right decision. You're still one of us. :)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

Was he a Bloomin' Onion(TM) technician?

No. This was very recent.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Yes.

Yesssssss.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

Guys, I have to admit something:

A few months back, I was having a difficult time in school which was being compounded by a few other issues. Generally I was not having a good time, so I did the unthinkable: I called up a recruiter. A reserve recruiter. A Navy reserve recruiter. I saw it as a way out, a way to let the pressure valve go. Basically, I planned to go in as the equivalent rate to the one I had in the Marines, which would allow me to get to a unit faster than it would if I were to retrain. I went so far as to going to MEPS for the initial physical and getting my PS package submitted. I was pretty committed to getting back in. Eventually, I made it through the semester, took a vacation to Mexico and later California, and got my head screwed on straight.

Realizing that my problems weren't really that bad, I called up the recruiter and told him that I really didn't want to go through with it. Luckily he was cordial about it, and said that if I ever wanted back in that the Navy would be there. I thanked him for his time and effort. As it stands now, I am still a free man on the land, peepin butts and shaving bc I can't grow a beard.

welp that's my story :shobon:

don't feel bad, godholio is getting nostalgia4AFBlue & is seriously considering recommissioning in the ANG for REASONS.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

don't feel bad, godholio is getting nostalgia4AFBlue & is seriously considering recommissioning in the ANG for REASONS.
Good pay, less bullshit than active duty, and probably even less chance of being held accountable for anything you do? Not seeing a downside here.

A captain here had a little PII accident here, by little I mean he potentially compromised the SSNs and a bunch of other stuff of everyone on the base, he only got the lightest of slaps on the wrist.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Casimir Radon posted:

Not seeing a downside here.

it's the military

it doesn't matter if the dick is permanently in your rear end or you're just left gaping part time

it's the military

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

You're either gettin' the weenie or you're not gettin' the weenie. There's no such thing as "I'm only gay one weekend a month, two weeks a year."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

"I'm only gay one weekend a month, two weeks a year."

:lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
only gay on days that end with the letter y

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Typical cisvet shitlords restricting military service to a binary choice :rolleyes:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Typical cisvet shitlords restricting military service to a binary choice :rolleyes:

i'm gay for riker but only with the beard

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Good pay, less bullshit than active duty, and probably even less chance of being held accountable for anything you do? Not seeing a downside here.

A captain here had a little PII accident here, by little I mean he potentially compromised the SSNs and a bunch of other stuff of everyone on the base, he only got the lightest of slaps on the wrist.

I remember years ago as a Third Class being tasked with reorganizing a tennis court area behind security that was being used as an outdoor lay down lot basically. (This area was in a location that wasn't secure on base) Everything from barricades, to supposedly empty file cabinets. I had a few juniors go move some cabinets and low and behold one was full- of about 100 prior security personnels personnel files. SSNs, NOK, spouses, all sorts of sensitive info. About two or three years old stuff.
I went to the MAC who'd tasked me/us.

Queef MA "Why the gently caress are you looking in (unlocked) file cabinets???!"

Me "Uh, it was too heavy to move."

QMA "Did I tell you to going looking thru people's personnel records?"

Me "Uh. So what do you want done with this stuff?"

QMA "Lock it up and leave it." (There's no lock on the file cabinet that works)

Me "Roger that chief..."

Later when he went to the CPO club for lunch we took the files to our big industrial shredder and destroyed them...

PII lol.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

see for you this could mean two different things

deanna didn't strike me as a fag hag

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

holy gently caress if that's the rating you were going to train into jesus christ you dodged a bullet you lucky idiot

never enlist again dummy

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

reminder:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

krispykremessuck posted:

holy gently caress if that's the rating you were going to train into jesus christ you dodged a bullet you lucky idiot

never enlist again dummy

Oh nonononononono. By "PS" I meant "Prior service". I was an intel dork, which is not nearly as bad as being an admin fuckstick.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

idk how ya'll are getting fat after the fact you know you took every opportunity to dodge any kind of PT and were limdu your whole career anyways plus poo poo food and long hours and an overall lovely lifestyle contributing to obesity

You can have a beard or obesity not both :kiddo:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You can have a beard or obesity not both :kiddo:

welcome to somethingawful, let me point you towards GBS so you can see how wrong you are

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've lost about 55-60 lbs since I was in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

welcome to somethingawful, let me point you towards GBS so you can see how wrong you are
Neckbeards aren't real beards.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
self-control is for the weak.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
my beard makes my chin look so much nicer. like i could really take a punch.

not that i want to, just saying it looks like i could crack walnuts with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Spicy Guacamole posted:

You're either gettin' the weenie or you're not gettin' the weenie. There's no such thing as "I'm only gay one weekend a month, two weeks a year."
You've already been in the military, you can't just pray the gay away by getting out :colbert:

• Locked thread