Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

So wait, you just vote for people that interact with you?

This makes no sense.

:shrug:

I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
look at max
he isn't trying to turn things hard on gg, he is trying to guide us to

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Byers, how do you feel about voting for Max?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

I tried to write something funny but I've been burned too much in previous games when people misconstrue humor for a claim or something, so I turned it into an empty statement that is also true.

you don't think mel brooks is funny, you don't know a thing about humor

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

you don't think mel brooks is funny, you don't know a thing about humor

Is this part of your case

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is this part of your case

its a bonus

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

look at max

I'm trying to make a case for someone that is voting for me for reasons I legit can't figure out. You're just sniping.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

look at max

Like, OH NO, I'm trying to point out something I don't understand.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

You're just sniping.

i'm more of the spotter really
you see snipers actually work in a team and

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is this reality?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

Is this reality?

"questionable feelings"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

"questionable feelings"

If two words are going to take me out day 1 then I don't know man.

Do you actually have no problem with GG just laying down a vote because I have no idea why actually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

Do you actually have no problem with GG just laying down a vote because I have no idea why actually.

WHAT
WERE
YOUR
QUESTIONABLE FEELINGS?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

mr.capps posted:

WHAT
WERE
YOUR
QUESTIONABLE FEELINGS?

Why didn't you just ask that in the first place?

Rarity jumping out and volunteering honestly didn't bother me when I saw it happen. I was caught up in the moment as the post came out and almost volunteered myself. PM jumping in and helping Rarity was strange, as was backing off, but then I saw all your posts of . . . whatever and just didn't care about PM and Rarity any more.

Cool, hopefully we can all move on from this.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Rarity jumping out and volunteering honestly didn't bother me when I saw it happen. I was caught up in the moment as the post came out and almost volunteered myself. PM jumping in and helping Rarity was strange, as was backing off, but then I saw all your posts of . . . whatever and just didn't care about PM and Rarity any more.

Are you a literal goldfish. You can think that more than one thing is suspicious at once!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

ellipses
strike 3

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you a literal goldfish. You can think that more than one thing is suspicious at once!

Yes, but you can only vote for one person at once.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This conversation is getting really specifically pointed and insulting so I don't really want to take part in it any more. Feel free to keep yelling into the void.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the problem here max is you made your vote and created your reason, instead of the other way around

just a tip on how to play scum for you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I did get carried away with trying to make my point and shouldn't have insulted you. I'm sorry.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

This conversation is getting really specifically pointed and insulting so I don't really want to take part in it any more. Feel free to keep yelling into the void.

going turtle is just going to dig your grave faster

you are dead

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

I did get carried away with trying to make my point and shouldn't have insulted you. I'm sorry.

you called him a goldfish

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Yes, but you can only vote for one person at once.

Let's try again, but nicer: can you articulate your thoughts about my alignment and motivations for defending Rarity?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My reasons were stated. I don't have a problem with you saying my posts were possibly scummy or gimmicky because it is a game, BUT since you chose to call it out, I cast my vote for you. There is no grand mystery or scheme to it. I harbor no ill will against you because this is an internet game.

Take it easy.

Like me, Barton Everest, a calm and collected vendor of various vigors and spirits. I've got the remedy for what ails, usually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh i get it, we are doing good cop bad cop

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Well greetings and salutations to all of you fine folks! The name is Androcles Brocklehurst, pleased to make your acquaintance. Now y'all might be thinking to yourself, "what in the Sam Hill is this delicate flower of a man doing with a name like that?" Well for that, y'all are gonna have to thank my father, God rest his soul. He gave me this name hoping I would grow up like him, a rugged military man. However it just was not meant to be, because while I have every appreciation in the world for a band of men in peak physical condition out roughing it for days and weeks on end, I cannot say that the idea of doing so appeals to me, personally. So instead I went up to Virginia to attend university, and took on the lawyer's mantle instead. Now I'm sure y'all could use my services, seeing as there appears to be some sort of inheritance dispute, and I am happy to offer my services, for a nominal fee, of course. Ah man's got to eat somehow, does he not?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

anyway, this guy is scum and obviously saying this as a tactic

Max posted:

Feel free to keep yelling into the void.
he is telling us talking to him will now be useless.
a town player wouldn't point this out, they would just be hurt and state they aren't doing this anymore

he wants it to be clear we aren't getting anything out of him and turn himself into a dead end

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
It seems like Max isn't particularly interested in engaging with the game in the first place. I don't find that to be promising behavior in general.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i will ##vote max

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

It seems like Max isn't particularly interested in engaging with the game in the first place. I don't find that to be promising behavior in general.

he isn't plug in at all, you see it especially in that 1st post of his i quoted

his whole language is passive

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

mr.capps posted:

he isn't plug in at all, you see it especially in that 1st post of his i quoted

his whole language is passive

:agreed:

##vote Max

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Now onto the business of figuring out how we're going to distribute the estate of our dearly departed Wilbur. I believe that Prescott has something here when in comes to Pancho. I don't like the way he reacts under pressure one iota:

Max posted:

Look at the exasperation that he is being pushed. I can understand frustration at being accused, believe me as a lawyer it's something I see nearly every day of my life, but then he tries to pivot, to cast aspersions upon Mr. Everest while still not committing to anything material, as though he doesn't want to be wrong, or to be caught in a lie

Max posted:

Now we see here, he expresses frustration that he was not asked the right question. He is so attached to the idea of not being wrong that he refuses to say anything, even though it is totally reasonable to be wrong this early in the affair. He then answers the more specific question asked of him. Well, attempts to look like he is answering it. However, the entirety of his response refuses to say anything concrete, and comes off quite evasive. Again, he seems to have an unreasonable fear of being incorrect, but why? Why would someone be afraid of being wrong when we all have virtually no information?

Max posted:

Now this is just the cherry on top. As Prescott mentioned, there must be some motivation for Mr. Pancho's blowing up like this. I, for one, do not see where he is being personally attacked, at least any more than anyone else. What I see is casing, and people making arguments based on evidence, not malice. Perhaps I'm simply inured to how interrogations usually go, having suffered and performed my fair share of cross examinations, but Pancho appears to me to be making an appeal to our emotions here more than anything else. With all of that said, ##vote Pancho

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Actually, I should fix that. ##vote Max

We wouldn't want someone stumbling into the thread and putting him at -1 without reading the thread, now would we?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey all, I walked away for a while because I was called a literal goldfish, which at the time was the cherry on top of being annoyed at the way the game was going and also kinda personal.

I don't know what the vote count is at the moment, but it seems kinda close to 8 so I might as well claim:

I have a few one-shot night actions. Protect, Block, and investigate. I can only use each action once throughout the game.

Meinberg posted:

I'm going to grab lunch, but I would invite all of you to click on Meinberg's post history and revel in how funny this statement is coming from him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, ##unvote

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Max posted:

Hey all, I walked away for a while because I was called a literal goldfish, which at the time was the cherry on top of being annoyed at the way the game was going and also kinda personal.

I don't know what the vote count is at the moment, but it seems kinda close to 8 so I might as well claim:

I have a few one-shot night actions. Protect, Block, and investigate. I can only use each action once throughout the game.

I'm going to grab lunch, but I would invite all of you to click on Meinberg's post history and revel in how funny this statement is coming from him.

Now I do declare this looks like a Jack of All Trades claim, how interesting.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
That would certainly be a strange fakeclaim for a scum to make. Hmmm, I believe I must mill this over. In the meantime, ##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually,

##vote Meinburg

Re-reading his post history, he just sort of participates in the joke phase, then says nothing until showing up to say I seem disengaged with the game, which is a funny statement to make just after myself and capps made quite a few posts. And apparently agreeing that my tone is off so hey why not throw down a vote on me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FFFFFFFFFF
##vote Meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

EXAKT Science posted:

That would certainly be a strange fakeclaim for a scum to make. Hmmm, I believe I must mill this over. In the meantime, ##unvote

Ummm....why?

To me it seems like a joat could potentially be the easiest of fakeclaims to make as scum where you have a team to back your claim with results potentially.

• Locked thread