Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So next week's episode of Sex Box will have a lesbian couple and one of the "relationship councilors" (who's a pastor) lectures them on the evils of homosexuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

See, manufacturing in America isn't dead. We still make cheap drama.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is anyone watching Chicago Fire or Chicago PD? I thought i'd hate it, but it so drat good

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I used to watch a show years back called Third Watch. It was a procedural that had cops, medics, and firemen all in the same show. It was interesting because all it needed was lawyers and it could have dominated primetime.

When are they making Chicago Law?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

Chicago Med is first.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They are doing a hospital show? I'm out.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They'll have to tie it all back to Chicago Hope.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mu Zeta posted:

I used to watch a show years back called Third Watch. It was a procedural that had cops, medics, and firemen all in the same show. It was interesting because all it needed was lawyers and it could have dominated primetime.

That was great until 9/11 happened. 9/11 ruined Third Watch. I'll never forgive it for that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
In France this show was called New York 911.

Apparently it started airing here on September 7 2001, that's some timing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How about Law & Order: Illegal Police Black Site? You could set that in Chicago.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Edgy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched an episode of Chicago Fire on a plane ride and it's easily one of the worst dramas I've watched in recent years and a good example of why I don't tend to bother with many network one hour shows.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, you don't want to get to close to me or you might cut yourself on all my edges.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The reason I didn't watch beyond the pilot of Chicago PD was because it seemed like exactly the sort of American programme that brainwashes people into thinking police black sites are justifiable and probably necessary.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I left the TV on the other day while I was doing something else and a rerun of The Night Shift came on. I can confirm that it is, quite possibly, one of the worst dramas ever. The medical case of the episode was a couple that had gotten a piece of rebar jammed into them while motorcycling. The woman got pierced through the front of her throat, while the guy got it jammed through his head in a fashion that somehow did not impair his motor functions or comprehension, but only meant that he could not feel pain.

Beyond the incredibly dumb case, there wasn't much to note about the show. Totally by-the numbers stuff. Halfway through, I turned off the TV simply because it wasn't even sufficient background noise--please note that I had left the TV on all the way through the garbage that is Inside Edition and Extra without caring enough to turn it off.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
drat. This week's episode of Banshee had the most graphic murder I've seen.

I'm still not sure how I feel about reducing the amount of T&A in favor of more violence. On the one hand, Banshee is the show to go to for Class A rear end kicking. On the other hand: boobs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Manos del Sino posted:

drat. This week's episode of Banshee had the most graphic murder I've seen.

I'm still not sure how I feel about reducing the amount of T&A in favor of more violence. On the one hand, Banshee is the show to go to for Class A rear end kicking. On the other hand: boobs.

It was basically Gus from Breaking Bad on :catdrugs: and it was amazing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

The reason I didn't watch beyond the pilot of Chicago PD was because it seemed like exactly the sort of American programme that brainwashes people into thinking police black sites are justifiable and probably necessary.

Chicago PD is a crossover from Chicago Fire starring a dirty cop who tried to kill the main guy on Chicago Fire.

This wasn't me explaining this to you, i just like to bring it up whenever the Chicago series is brought up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last Man on Earth was fun, in an extremely black comedy kind of way.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It was pretty great. I recommend everyone to give it a shot.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Last Man on Earth is dark as gently caress but I love it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is this just usual crazy batshit European interpretations of things, or is this something a TV show actually did?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aphrodite posted:

Is this just usual crazy batshit European interpretations of things, or is this something a TV show actually did?

It's something the actual Chicago PD did that Gapey Joe Stalin is making a really dark joke about.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chicago fire over PD but they both have very cool action scenes. The fire related stuff is pure awesome.

no fucks about black sites or corrupt cops.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It's something the actual Chicago PD did that Gapey Joe Stalin is making a really dark joke about.

Right, I'm just curious if an actual TV show tried to justify them or something. Besides Fox and Friends.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Aphrodite posted:

Right, I'm just curious if an actual TV show tried to justify them or something. Besides Fox and Friends.

The closest I can think of off hand is Low Winter Sun.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I could definitely see L&O:SVU trying to justify police black sites like Chicago has set up. After all they're criminals so screw their rights.

Edit: Oh and JohnSherman's avatar reminded me, both Arrow and The Flash have black op prisons setup for supervillains.

Although it is kind of justified. On Arrow, the regular prison was heavily damaged at the end of S1, to the point where it can't even hold regular criminals, so the shadowy super nasty government agency is pretty much the only game in town when it comes to locking up supervillains, and keeping them locked up. The prison can only hold about three people, and is 2/3rds full with Captain Boomerang and Deathstroke locked up in there.

On The Flash, the prison is basically an ad-hoc solution to dealing with people with straight up superpowers, plus the guy running it is probably a supervillain. It's still an Amnesty International nightmare, since most of the villains are in perpetual solitary confinement. But when you have a mass murderer who can turn into a cloud of poison gas at will, you kind of have to lock him up tight.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 2, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dear Fox

I can kind of understand why you have hashtags of whatever show you're showing on screen, it makes you look cool and down with the kids. But to have them floating halfway up the image is seriously the most annoying poo poo you could do. I get that it's supposed to be above the FOX DOG and I'm sure you've probably sent out polite emails to your affiliates to make sure they format their graphics to fit it... but they don't. Hell some of your stations still have their DOG set up for 4x3 safe, because apparently it's still 1997. This results in your stupid floating hash tag line crossing over the station ident and looking even worse.

Please just drop it.

Love, everyone (I hope).

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Well, I just caught up on Danger 5 Season 2.

It was batshit crazy all the way to the end and I loved it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Still waiting to see the third episode. The second episode might be one of the funniest half hours I've ever seen.

Anyway, been watching Bosch and enjoying it (7 eps in). The protaganist is kind of formuliac, even with being kind of an rear end in a top hat, and there isn't really anytihng new in the way they go about with the procedural. But there's almost a novelistic tempo to what I've seen, parceling out the answers to the central mystery in satisfying chunks while proceeding down several interesting avenues. There a thread for it? The Index and Google are failing me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shageletic posted:

Still waiting to see the third episode. The second episode might be one of the funniest half hours I've ever seen.

Anyway, been watching Bosch and enjoying it (7 eps in). The protaganist is kind of formuliac, even with being kind of an rear end in a top hat, and there isn't really anytihng new in the way they go about with the procedural. But there's almost a novelistic tempo to what I've seen, parceling out the answers to the central mystery in satisfying chunks while proceeding down several interesting avenues. There a thread for it? The Index and Google are failing me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700590

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

https://news.vice.com/article/protesters-denounce-detainment-and-abuse-at-alleged-chicago-police-black-site

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Last Man on Earth won ratings last night, with 2.3 and a 6 share, which held steady for the second episode. I bet the +3/+7 numbers bump it a bit, too.

Battle Creek is looking DOA, though. Did anyone watch it (I didn't)?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

lelandjs posted:

I did. It was by the books, but charming.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Not sure how you can interpret your hilariously over-armed and brutal police forces as anything other than 5 megadeaths out of HATE-CRIME.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

lelandjs posted:

The Last Man on Earth won ratings last night, with 2.3 and a 6 share, which held steady for the second episode. I bet the +3/+7 numbers bump it a bit, too.

It was alright but nothing I'd go out of your way to watch, at least yet. And yeah, a 1.0 premiere on CBS has me wondering if it'll even make it through its episode order. Good for Last Man on Earth, though. I suppose Lord and Miller's involvement probably helped a lot. A shame they aren't putting it and B99 in the same hour block.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

hcreight posted:

It was alright but nothing I'd go out of your way to watch, at least yet. And yeah, a 1.0 premiere on CBS has me wondering if it'll even make it through its episode order.

It's worth noting that it picked up the most total viewers of the hour (though obviously that doesn't mean anything), and that The Good Wife didn't do that much better in the demo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So what caused the apocalypse in Last Man on Earth.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Obamacare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

"A virus". That's all they gave, and I don't expect (or necessarily want) any more information then that. TLMoE isn't a Contagion-style warning show, it's a black comedy about what happens to a man who has the whole world (almost) to himself.

[Edit: and also Obamacare]

• Locked thread