Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I like the fact there's a go3 out there.
Like I know I'm a failed product but maybe there's a new improved version out there at least :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

quote:

Police and witnesses said the driver, a 74-year-old woman, had just had her white Jeep Grand Cherokee washed at Arrow Car Wash on Lancaster Avenue around 9 a.m. when the car sped into a guardrail, over the embankment, and onto the cars at Piazza Acura of Ardmore.

Uhuh. Audi 5000 rolls in its grave.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
These are the people you share a parking garage at work with.

Parked over 2 Compact Car Only spaces. Keep in mind, these garages get full really fast so unless you get there early; you're parking on the 7th floor in the rain.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

whole bunch of new ones here http://imgur.com/r/oilfieldfails

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
What the hell happened to this thread? All I see is people spergin' at each other. Jesus.

These are the people you share a parking lot with.

And this is why I stay in that facebook group. It's some of the best people watching available anywhere, every time I look in there it's some passel of retards arguing with each other. Almost like this thread, except none of them are trolling or ironiposting.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The only good part of this is a solid gold opportunity to say "Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea..."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty fun album until you get to the bottom and then SUDDEN DEGLOVING. :barf:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

xzzy posted:

Pretty fun album until you get to the bottom and then SUDDEN DEGLOVING. :barf:

sorry, the album has been linked so many times in the past i figured everyone was aware.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I guess I never clicked through.

It just made me appreciate that I still have 10 fingers.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

What the hell happened to this thread? All I see is people spergin' at each other. Jesus.

These are the people you share a parking lot with.

And this is why I stay in that facebook group. It's some of the best people watching available anywhere, every time I look in there it's some passel of retards arguing with each other. Almost like this thread, except none of them are trolling or ironiposting.

This is amazing.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Solar Coaster posted:

These are the people you share a parking garage at work with.

Parked over 2 Compact Car Only spaces. Keep in mind, these garages get full really fast so unless you get there early; you're parking on the 7th floor in the rain.

Any way you can get this douche ticketed?

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Any way you can get this douche ticketed?

Private property; so nope. And there are signs everywhere threatening people that their cars can get towed. I've never seen that actually happen though. We had a guy leave his car in the middle of the road in the parking lot a few months ago. I posted the pics of that. It was there a good 4 - 5 hours before the owner got back and left. He parked it in the middle of a turn so no one could use the turn and had to turn around and go the other way to get out of the lot.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Solar Coaster posted:

Private property; so nope. And there are signs everywhere threatening people that their cars can get towed. I've never seen that actually happen though. We had a guy leave his car in the middle of the road in the parking lot a few months ago. I posted the pics of that. It was there a good 4 - 5 hours before the owner got back and left. He parked it in the middle of a turn so no one could use the turn and had to turn around and go the other way to get out of the lot.

Any nearby cameras?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

toplitzin posted:

Any nearby cameras?

I like how you think.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fo3 posted:

I like the fact there's a go3 out there.
Like I know I'm a failed product but maybe there's a new improved version out there at least :smith:

New and Improved! HDTV Ready!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The person I share the road with, who apparently doesn't understand how mirrors (or turn signals) work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YK2R3RKE4

The Locator fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 28, 2015

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i live in dread of seeing myself in this thread. i'm trying to improve, really i am...

any hints (beyond "kill yourself, lol") for quelling the urge to follow closely (< 2 car lengths)?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i live in dread of seeing myself in this thread. i'm trying to improve, really i am...

any hints (beyond "kill yourself, lol") for quelling the urge to follow closely (< 2 car lengths)?

The longer I read this thread, the more I realize that there are disjoint urban and rural driving techniques, and suburbia gets caught in the crossfire. How I drive in Chicago rush hour traffic on weekdays is not how I drive when I visit my parents in suburban-rural Wisconsin.

I follow under 2 car lengths at speeds up to 40-60 mph in Chicago, but that gets relaxed to up to 5 in rural areas. In general, watch other traffic for cues and see how the locals operate. If everyone follows at 2 car lengths, then you have to follow at 1 car length to be the rear end in a top hat.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Take a deep breathe and realize that following close will not do anything to shorten your trip time and only increases the odds of you getting in a wreck.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Atticus_1354 posted:

Take a deep breathe and realize that following close will not do anything to shorten your trip time and only increases the odds of you getting in a wreck.

Depends—when you leave a large gap and someone gets in there and you miss the next traffic light, that could mean a full 2 minutes delay!!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Atticus_1354 posted:

Take that deep breathe further to all interactions on the road. The difference between rushing and driving calmly and leisurely must be less than 2 minutes for anywhere within a half hour from you. There are some places in the city where I ride certain lanes and take off quick from lights, because of the timing of other lights ahead, but for the majority of my traveling I drive relaxed and get there just as quickly. I think everyone has had the road schadenfreude as they came to a red light directly behind someone that aggressively passed them and sped off.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

nsaP posted:

Take that deep breathe further to all interactions on the road. The difference between rushing and driving calmly and leisurely must be less than 2 minutes for anywhere within a half hour from you. There are some places in the city where I ride certain lanes and take off quick from lights, because of the timing of other lights ahead, but for the majority of my traveling I drive relaxed and get there just as quickly. I think everyone has had the road schadenfreude as they came to a red light directly behind someone that aggressively passed them and sped off.

Yeah, to be fair, I think everyone's also had the corresponding feeling of "if I had passed that guy when I had the loving chance, I would've made the light," or its much worse cousin, "I would have made the ferry that comes once every goddamn hour if I'd just passed that one truck."

Now I never don't pass anyone on the road from Revelstoke to Shelter Bay, unless they're doing 138 km/h or above (the cutoff for getting your car impounded if you get caught for speeding).

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
For sure, and that's where that extra 2 minutes or whatever adds on. But overall you get where you're going in about the same time.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

The Locator posted:

The person I share the road with, who apparently doesn't understand how mirrors (or turn signals) work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YK2R3RKE4

His mirrors seem to be working fine, looks like he used them perfectly to prevent you from doing grievous harm to his manhood by passing him. v:confused:v

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

dennyk posted:

His mirrors seem to be working fine, looks like he used them perfectly to prevent you from doing grievous harm to his manhood by passing him. v:confused:v

Yeah there's zero chance that wasn't on purpose

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You will notice that this does not appear to be an above-ground station.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That is definitely not a level crossing

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

dennyk posted:

I could have blown past him on the right easy enough, but meh, just wasn't worth it and after making me slow down he ended up speeding off going faster than I was going when he decided he needed to be in my lane. People are a mystery.

Oh, and I was only doing 4 over (set on cruise control), so he wasn't even going the limit as I caught up to him, so not one of those "stop speeding" people.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I guess he figured he wanted to go fast, so he had to get in the fast lane. :downs:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

The Locator posted:

People are a mystery.
No mystery, succinctly put is this reply:

dennyk posted:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

xzzy posted:

Though I am curious what happens if one actually were to put a car in reverse at any kind of speed.

There was a bad 80's action movie that did this once and the drivetrain basically blew itself to bits in a hail of sparks, but I always figured most of the fanfare was hollywood special effects.

I assume the reality is the transmission spews chunks and not much else.
In my '98 Breeze I hydroplaned, spun 180, and then gained traction going 40mph backwards. Everything instantly shut off. Then I took out a yield sign while going airborne for a second.

Granted, that's "going backwards in a forward gear" not "going forwards in reverse gear"

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CannonFodder posted:

Granted, that's "going backwards in a forward gear" not "going forwards in reverse gear"

And with the right car, there's no difference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoh8i0jfpTo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

John Dough posted:

And with the right car, there's no difference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoh8i0jfpTo
I have a new entry on my bucket list.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
gently caress off, ambulance, i'm in a hurry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK9dcw5sJIU

People are amazing. The ambulance driver and i shared a "What the fuuuuuck?" look with each other.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I love the guy who tried to pull out of the driveway in front of you too. What city is that?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I love the guy who tried to pull out of the driveway in front of you too. What city is that?

Yeah, he can go swivel as well! It's in London.

Another good one, at the end of the M4 Motorway in Wales. This is a big junction/roundabout, well-lit and VERY well signposted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z05pZBvXx5Y

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mooseykins posted:

gently caress off, ambulance, i'm in a hurry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK9dcw5sJIU

People are amazing. The ambulance driver and i shared a "What the fuuuuuck?" look with each other.
A BMW driver, in London, being a oval office, you say? :monocle:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

A BMW driver, in London, being a oval office, you say? :monocle:

A rare event. In fact, so rare, here's another! If i didn't have video evidence, even i wouldn't believe that a BMW driver could do any wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iM_zi3ZoPc

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Mooseykins posted:

Blue car sitting in a lane.

What the hell was he trying to do? Why was he even stopped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got a good one in the vein of the OP. electrical diagnosis because when this guy disconnects his battery his car doesnt work.