Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

Mick Schumacher has an F4 drive. I didn't even know there was an F4.

I didn't even know there was a Mick Schumacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Jedit posted:

So that's the Toro Rosso seat for him next year then. Or will he be too old?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Farmland Park posted:

Eddie Irvine's illegitimate child.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I am having this issue where I like Fernando Alonso but am kind of loathing McLaren and if he's out for the Australian GP I don't know whom to cheer for. Help.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Abner Assington posted:

I am having this issue where I like Fernando Alonso but am kind of loathing McLaren and if he's out for the Australian GP I don't know whom to cheer for. Help.

Cheer for Jesus and you can't go wrong.

#blessed

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Or the guy who killed 80 French people and then drank some champagne. A great historic British fraud.

Hes a loving British hero

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Yeah the doctors have said I shouldn't race in Australia. I will for sure be back for Malaysia tho!

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

The Croc posted:

Alonso not racing in Australia. K Mag in the seat. Ron Dennis thinking of new plans to snuff out the pesky Spaniard.

I told you guys, a long time ago.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Seems incredibly over pre-cautious. I honestly think Alonso is reasonably certain the Mclaren Honda has no chance too even finish the Australian GP and he has basically decided to take another 2 weeks off.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Abner Assington posted:

Sebastian Vettel.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm not British so maybe I'm just not overly desensitized to stuffy language, but the press release itself just seems so oddly worded, too.

McLaren posted:

Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd.

I mean, there's PR-speak and then there's whatever the gently caress that is.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Abner Assington posted:

Hating on mclaren is like taking a cheap dig at the kid with downs at school, it's just cruel, so you just ignore them and pretend they're not there.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Farmland Park posted:

Neither does Michael.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Brainwrong posted:

You joke but he's driving for the team Verstappen did last year albeit not in the same series.

Given he's 15 and will be 16 when the season starts, a season in F4, a season in F3 and suddenly he's 18 and if he does well could well have enough points. (F3 champion pays the 40 on its own, F4 champion is 10).

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

lol, apparently Alonso woke up from the crash and electric shock thinking he was still driving for Ferrari and now refuses to sit back in the McLaren in fear of getting shocked by the car again. Great job by everyone involved!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I'm not British so maybe I'm just not overly desensitized to stuffy language, but the press release itself just seems so oddly worded, too.

I mean, there's PR-speak and then there's whatever the gently caress that is.

It's Ron-speak.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Freddy Alonso Tweeted posted:

It will be tough not to be in Australia, but I understand the recommendations. A second impact in less than 21 days "NO"
#countdownMalaysia

So a severe concussion? :shrug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Its this they are worried about

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-impact_syndrome

E: got a lot of publicity in the six nations recently

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Skarsnik posted:

Its this they are worried about

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-impact_syndrome

E: got a lot of publicity in the six nations recently

Don't know if it's happened outside of the US, but the effects of multiple concussions on the long terms health of athletes has been a big discussion for the past few years because of the NFL.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The last time Alonso missed a grand prix was USA 2005.

Almost an entire decade according to my calculations.

Also, going through that press release, it seems like whoever wrote it liked to stress how McLaren's own doctors are saying how Alonso is perfectly fine from a neurological and physical standpoint but Fernando's OWN doctors are saying no, concussed, second-impact syndrome etc. etc.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what will they do if Magnussen wins the Australian grand prix?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brainwrong posted:

Too young. Verstappen 2 is guaranteed to be the youngest ever driver forever. He'll bum around the lower formulas for two or three years, probably get a pity drive in F1 on the back of his name, then disappear faster than a Ferrari test driver after three curries.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

JFairfax posted:

what will they do if Magnussen wins the Australian grand prix?

He gets points, Macca get points, if he never races again this season then his season point total is whatever he gets in that race.

Pretty simple, really.

Unless you mean "Would they keep him in the car?" in which case, no. Certainly not.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jedit posted:

It's a cheaper alternative to F3. Japan has/had an unrelated F4 series for a while though.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 3, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Neil Armbong posted:

Don't know if it's happened outside of the US, but the effects of multiple concussions on the long terms health of athletes has been a big discussion for the past few years because of the NFL.

Concussions don't exist.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

And who won that year? That's right, book it, Alonso WDC 2015.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

Concussions don't exist.

Agreed, I had a "concussion" once and I don't remember experiencing a single adverse effect!

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
First Lenny Kravitz pulls out of the Malaysia post-race concert, now Alonso pulls out of Melbourne? This sport is going down the gurgler.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

serious gaylord posted:

Concussions don't exist.

Okay Ron.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

geke rowsperg posted:

lol, apparently Alonso woke up from the crash and electric shock thinking he was still driving for Ferrari and now refuses to sit back in the McLaren in fear of getting shocked by the car again. Great job by everyone involved!

Imagine waking up from a nightmare to find out it is in fact a reality

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would not care if Ron Dennis died.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Ferrari 1-2 sounds like a brilliant way to start the season.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
F1 will have six cars by the end of the year

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

That's what he gets for going back to McLaren.

:laffo:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Also, going through that press release, it seems like whoever wrote it liked to stress how McLaren's own doctors are saying how Alonso is perfectly fine from a neurological and physical standpoint but Fernando's OWN doctors are saying no, concussed, second-impact syndrome etc. etc.

mclaren are clearly trying to cover for the fact that ron kept saying "he was briefly unconscious but not concussed" despite the fact that being unconscious guarantees that he suffered a concussion

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Imagine if Alonso misses out on 9th place in the championship by only 1 point which he could have got by racing in Australia.

Hefe will be so upset.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Sounds like a combination of 1) he was more seriously injured than Ron cared to admit to the public; and 2) the car will be poo poo anyway, so they're keeping him out to be sure he doesn't get another head booboo while being lapped by Pastor.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

I know a man is dead and all but he kind of had it coming anyways. What I'm concerned about are the chase implications of any missed races.

I'll show myself out.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dennis Lied, Alonso Died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

dsriggs posted:

Dennis Lied, Alonso Died

Yes we known. Alonso bot just isn't quite ready for the first GP.

• Locked thread