Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

casual poster posted:

Great shot. Where you at?

Side note: Who was that person who posted multiply times of themselves in beautiful locations, mostly mountains?

This was at Borgeau Lake in Banff National Park. You can easily summit the mountain behind me without any technical gear, but we didn't feel like it that day because we were hung over and it was 5200 feet vertical elevation. We just did the 2600' hike to the lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is gorgeous and I want to go there.

Picnic Princess posted:

This was at Borgeau Lake in Banff National Park. You can easily summit the mountain behind me without any technical gear, but we didn't feel like it that day because we were hung over and it was 5200 feet vertical elevation. We just did the 2600' hike to the lake.

never mind

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This is a v good picture. Also,I dont follow children's cartoons watching a movie and making comments so I bet this is better than that by a mile.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I'm old as poo poo, sorry

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

PureEvil6_13 posted:

you're still a good looking man

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

you're still a good looking man

Thanks homie. Only other one I got. I'm growing my hair out. My gray hair.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

PureEvil6_13 posted:

no homo but drat you got that young Charlton Heston/Richard Burton thing going on strong

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Go for it dude, it's a good look for you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sigh, fine.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

VendaGoat posted:

Sigh, fine.

Obligatory "holy crow, where is THAT?" post :3:

And yeah, PureEvil, you're a good lookin dude!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Obligatory "holy crow, where is THAT?" post :3:

That, is the Fremont Troll in Seattle. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's awesome! Some day I'd love to take a road trip around the US and visit a whole bunch of local landmarks like that. Maybe pick one special place to sight-see in each state I passed through.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Now contains 100% less facial hair.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Methanar posted:

You still look like a guy who leers at women at parties, never speaks to them and then spends all day on your MRA blog.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I don't go to parties and talk to no one.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well he posts here, on Something Awful forums.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's awesome! Some day I'd love to take a road trip around the US and visit a whole bunch of local landmarks like that. Maybe pick one special place to sight-see in each state I passed through.

My family did this when I was a kid after my dad retired from the Air Force. 8 month camping trip around the entire US. For a 5 year old it was the best drat thing and I can remember most of it. There's a lot of cool stuff in our country

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Methanar posted:

You look good!

SaltLick posted:

My family did this when I was a kid after my dad retired from the Air Force. 8 month camping trip around the entire US. For a 5 year old it was the best drat thing and I can remember most of it. There's a lot of cool stuff in our country

My family did something similar when I was two or three years old, actually. I was too young to remember most of it but I do remember geysers in Yellowstone national park and petrified wood from a California forest, and camping out of the back of our little red Toyota hatchback. We called it "the Big Trip" and that's still how I think of it. :3:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I took two months and circled America. I highly recommend it.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Been thinking about getting a new mirror, but this one works as a nice self esteem boost:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is gorgeous and I want to go there.

never mind

No pain, no gain. This was the view from the rock.

Not the prettiest lake in the area, but it was a cool place to be by ourselves. I also spelled it wrong, it's Bourgeau.

VendaGoat posted:

Sigh, fine.

Love it!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Picnic Princess posted:

Stunning, really beautiful

Where we live we have pine forests but they were planted after World War 2 to get us some quickly grown wood for making furniture for the masses and they are now ripping them all out which sucks a bit but I get why.
The Oak trees are coming back, but they take ages to grow.

Anyway, that's my local tree story.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Shouldn't Jason Mewes be sitting near you somewhere?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Not the prettiest lake in the area, but it was a cool place to be by ourselves. I also spelled it wrong, it's Bourgeau.

Love it!

Dang is that still Banff? We used to live in North Idaho and have some similar photos, though not quite as great in scope. It really is beautiful.
I'd post them, but while my daughter is a cutie, my wife may not want me posting her photo online so I'll abstain.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

Shouldn't Jason Mewes be sitting near you somewhere?

I wish, noitch.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Hung out with Dexter the other day!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Jastiger posted:

Dang is that still Banff? We used to live in North Idaho and have some similar photos, though not quite as great in scope. It really is beautiful.
I'd post them, but while my daughter is a cutie, my wife may not want me posting her photo online so I'll abstain.

Yeah, it is. I could post hundreds of photos from the place that I've taken, there's hardly anything boring.

When there's someone who doesn't want a photo posted of them, I photoshop a smilie or something onto their face. Just a suggestion.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, it is. I could post hundreds of photos from the place that I've taken, there's hardly anything boring.

When there's someone who doesn't want a photo posted of them, I photoshop a smilie or something onto their face. Just a suggestion.

Post some pics I loved your other ones :)

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Could still reverse image search em to them so I don't think that is wise.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

peter gabriel posted:

Post some pics I loved your other ones :)

Okay, I will!

Sometimes we climb small mountains overnight to watch the sunrise on Canada Day.

After sinking in snow that I was originally walking on top of.

My favourite place in the world: Mt. Robson. Probably going back this summer!

If you like hiking and backpacking, GO THERE.

Also Mt. Assiniboine is very good.

Okay, that's enough.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:stare:

Post you pack layout. :)

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Goon and mini goon.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Grew some more facial hair and I'm in desperate need of a haircut.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Dylanthulhu posted:

Grew some more facial hair and I'm in desperate need of a haircut decapitation.
FTFY :v:

Honestly only a blind person would compliment you on that face.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

VendaGoat posted:

:stare:

Post you pack layout. :)

Very unconventional since I have a 40L and usually split gear with the husband. Here I have our ridgerests strapped to the sides of my pack while dealing with a flooded trail. He was carrying the tent. Also strapped to the outside is a camera tripod.

I look like an oddball on the trail but that's perfectly fine, I'm happy and having a lot of fun and that's the entire point.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Very unconventional since I have a 40L and usually split gear with the husband. Here I have our ridgerests strapped to the sides of my pack while dealing with a flooded trail. He was carrying the tent. Also strapped to the outside is a camera tripod.

I look like an oddball on the trail but that's perfectly fine, I'm happy and having a lot of fun and that's the entire point.

That is so cool.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Yo thanks, these were some great shots, so jealous!

WebDog posted:

FTFY :v:

Honestly only a blind person would compliment you on that face.

You seem to have it out for Dylanthulhu for some reason

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Picnic Princess posted:

I need to go to these places, they are just perfect to me. Thanks for posting your pics.

I am seriously looking into going there now, it just looks so beautiful.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Mountains and stuff

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! The mountains and vistas are pretty as well.

Har har har. Seriously though, I tell my wife and friends that I really want to visit the Great Slave Lake and Great Bear Lake up in Canada and they look at me like I"m crazy. But god drat if these pictures don't drive home how much I really do want to go up there. Glacier was beautiful but seems bush league compared to that awesome stuff. If I get some free time maybe I"ll drudge up some photos on top of the mountains in Idaho and Montana to contribute.

That pack of yours though, thats hardcore for you two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

casual poster posted:

Yo thanks, these were some great shots, so jealous!

You seem to have it out for Dylanthulhu for some reason

Dylanthulu looks like the literal child between Poseidon and the queen of Crete.

Motherfucker looks like he guards a labyrinth.