Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gough Suppressant posted:

Richmond fans are just Melbourne fans cursed with hope.

Also chicken coops instead of chalets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
gently caress yes this is awesome.

North Melbourne to record new version of club song with You Am I frontman Tim Rogers lead vocals
Roos players, club staff and a lucky group of fans will sing on the recording.
The song — which will include the chanted “Hearts to Hearts” preamble missing from the 1970s version — will be used as the centrepiece of what North chief executive Carl Dilena hopes will become a new home-game ritual for Roos fans.
The Rogers version will replace the 1970s edition of Join In the Chorus at North home games and will be played when the side enters the arena.
North fan Rogers has already begun work on the track and will lead a club-wide recording of vocals at Arden St next Tuesday.
Rogers did not need to be asked twice when approached about recording a full version of the song.
“Tim loves the song — he’s got two or three favourite songs in his life and one of them is Join In The Chorus,” Dilena said.
“Last year there was a game where Tim was in the stands — it was the last quarter and we’ve made a good comeback; looking like we would win.
“(In the) last few minutes of the game, Tim stood up in the crowd and got the whole crowd around him singing the club song.
“It’s just fantastic to have him involved.
“He’s excited about it — without even prompting, he went and booked a recording studio and got a group of his muso mates together and they started work on it.
“It’s great to have someone like that who loves the club and wants to get involved.”
The older version of the North song — based on the Scottish ditty A Wee Deoch and Doris and recorded by the Fable Record Label singers in 1972 — will still be heard at the clubs’ away matches.
The Rogers version will be uploaded to heraldsun.com.au when the production process is finished later this month.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Jesus, Tim Rogers doesn't half mind inserting himself into basically everything ever.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Eh. He's a big passionate fan and he has been for years.

Just be thankful they didn't ask Paul Dempsey.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
As long as they keep the banjo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

You say that implying there is never a best time... http://youtu.be/blaFJCSN5jY

what is this anyways? was this actually a broadcast? shameless fan commentators are the best commentators.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Volkerball posted:

what is this anyways? was this actually a broadcast? shameless fan commentators are the best commentators.
It was a red button dealy.

Shameless fan commentators aren't good when they're Eddie.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I was watching the stream on afldude last year for West Coast v Collingwood. With a minute to go and West Coast losing they switched on Press Red for Ed so for the last minute I had to put up with Eddie McGuire crowing over the victory. Ultimate punishment.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i don't know what that is. something about press red for a guy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

It's just basically another commentary feed for the same game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why won't watchafl let me press red? :smith:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's a red (and a green, blue and yellow) button on the Foxtel remote control which is used to activate multi channel stuff, most commonly for 6 Premier League games on one channel. Last year they started offering team-oriented alternative AFL commentary, and that game was the best ever example.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Doctor Cave posted:

the most insane fans

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I would press all the red buttons to see a Saints game commentated by Eric Bana.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Eric Bana and Molly Meldrum

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

You could come up with some great out there "press red" teams. I'd definitely press red for a game commentated by Stephen Fry.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Press Green for Graham and The Colonel

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

The Deadly Hume posted:

Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker

Yeah ok this pretty much would be the only channel I watch. BollockVision.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Press red for Bargearse and Milo Kerrigan.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Kevin Bartlett played in a hundred premierships for Richmond in the 1700s, and since then has gone on to become the sport's resident old man, as in "old man yells at cloud", feeding us a steady drip of dementia fuelled stupidity through his daily morning radio show.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Press red for no commentary, just on ground sound.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

feeding us a steady drip of dementia fuelled stupidity through his daily morning radio show.

Also through the rules committee, where his demented ramblings present as some of the hosed up reactionary rules changes we're living with today.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

Press red for Fat Cat and Humphrey B. Bear

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Please god this

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Also through the rules committee, where his demented ramblings present as some of the hosed up reactionary rules changes we're living with today.

Yeah, this too. Have they finally chucked him off the rules committee yet?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Press mauve for muyb

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I just want a chat feed ala twitch on the side of the screen, it's always great watching it explode in excitement when something big goes down

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Press on the remote where the player touched you.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah, this too. Have they finally chucked him off the rules committee yet?

Yeah, end of last year, but we'll still get to see his hilarious selections for the Rising Star and AA team for a while yet

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-03-02/eagles-action-streamed-live

Apparently some clubs are broadcasting nab challenge matches on their websites due to demand.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I might be in the minority but I would kill for the TripleM commentary on televised games. PARTICULARLY saturday night Taylor and Darcy making my ears bleed 5 shades of stupid.

Diet Crack posted:

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-03-02/eagles-action-streamed-live

Apparently some clubs are broadcasting nab challenge matches on their websites due to demand.

Yeah we got a weirdly broken stream for the saints vs lions game the other day. Worked well enough except the commentary dropping out, phil collins coming on a third track for like 2 minutes for no reason and kids screaming into the camera mic.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

MMM is good because the commentators are in control of their inane poo poo and so it sounds natural. On occasion, it's really loving funny. On the tv we get to hear what some 7 exec thinks blokey banter is supposed to sound like.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

thepokey posted:

You could come up with some great out there "press red" teams. I'd definitely press red for a game commentated by Stephen Fry.

You don't need a Geelong one because we have Harley and Ling on channel 7 already

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

hiddenmovement posted:

Eh. He's a big passionate fan and he has been for years.

Just be thankful they didn't ask Paul Dempsey.

I think Paul Dempsey barracks for the Saints.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Nutsngum posted:

I might be in the minority but I would kill for the TripleM commentary on televised games.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

I might be in the minority but I would kill for the TripleM commentary on televised games. PARTICULARLY saturday night Taylor and Darcy making my ears bleed 5 shades of stupid.

If you listen to anything other than the east coast Grandstand team by choice you are a godless heathen.

Also the AFL is calling the sydney vs freo nab challenge match the 'pride cup' to raise awareness against homophobia.

I wonder how bigfooty is taking this news.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also the AFL is calling the sydney vs freo nab challenge match the 'pride cup' to raise awareness against homophobia.

A comparatively liberal BigFooty user posted:

Queers can do whatever they want at home, just don't shove it in our faces

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

I'm guessing with outrage directed towards Adam Goodes, that's their standard response to anything, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

redweird posted:

I think Paul Dempsey barracks for the Saints.

Correct.

Another kid who grew up on the Peninsula who became a big Sainters supporter.

• Locked thread