Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I gladly drink High Life when it's 3 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Um wicker park is beyond gentrified. Hipster danger areas are Pilsen, Ukie village and Logan square.

Source: gently caress you

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My favorite bar here has Newcastle priced only $0.50 more than MGD, so its become my go-to

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
if you drink enough of anything you'll get drunk so who really cares

i'll drink a bud light in four seconds, a blue moon in ten, and whatever 8% drink you want to give me as fast as i can too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

Um wicker park is beyond gentrified. Hipster danger areas are Pilsen, Ukie village and Logan square.

Source: gently caress you

Logan Square is alright. Good bars.

How many Chicago GiP dudes are there? Seems like there's a few of us.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

PBR is for hipster faggots

*sips on coors light and natty ice*

A- Natural Light is the college party beer of choice.

B- PBR is guilty by association. It has nothing to do with any intrinsic quality of the beer.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Anything that comes in a can or a bottle that isn't brown is poo poo beer hth

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Logan Square is alright. Good bars.

How many Chicago GiP dudes are there? Seems like there's a few of us.
Ohh me! ME!

*Gets shot because Chicago

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Anything that comes in a can or a bottle that isn't brown is poo poo beer hth

the gently caress

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yep, that's what I said. Sorry about your canned piss, brah.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Yep, that's what I said. Sorry about your canned piss, brah.

canned piss gets me drunk and that is why i drink

lmao if you drink for flavor and not to get drunk

e: like seriously who cares if you are drinking to get drunk drink w/e you want

that would be like saying "i'm just gonna go out and get laid" and getting mad because your buddy is banging a fatty

let dude bang his fatty.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
if dude doesn't take the fatty, I will

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mmm this expensive dark as poo poo IPA microbrew is delicious love the earthy dirt flavor so unique :q:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
I get angry when people enjoy the wrong kind of beer.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Not trying to sound (too) beer snobby. I don't see how you guys could actually enjoy Peebers or Coors or any of those. But, hey, 'merica, drink whatever you like.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I drink OJ and Seltzer on ice :shobon:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i was in the club once and i saw a guy drinking a PBR and i was like "ok what am i going to do with myself now that i am literally shaking in rage at their beer choice" so i went and lectured them on good beer and then they ordered another PBR

what i am saying is nobody cares if you like the beer they are drinking because they will keep drinking it so you might as well go outside, face against the wind, whip your dick out and start pissing.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
i drink the blood that pours out of my nose after i mash my face at the bar because i saw someone drinking the wrong alcohol one time. the alcohol was both shitpiss beer as well as hipster douche fart huffing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Small Town Brewery puts out a 10% draft root beer-type thing. Surprisingly good, and excellent for getting hammered in short order.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

But, hey, 'merica, drink whatever you like.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Thanks to meds I'm not whacko, but man, this flattened emotional thing kinda sucks. Don't feel mad, or sad, or anything at all. Like I'm just lying here wasting the day away.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
haha.

gonna be a loving kite in the wind with this goddamn tent strapped to my back. small price to pay to just flop the bastard down and crawl in 30 seconds later.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Painsaw posted:

Thanks to meds I'm not whacko, but man, this flattened emotional thing kinda sucks. Don't feel mad, or sad, or anything at all. Like I'm just lying here wasting the day away.

what do they have you on? I was more or less like that when I was only on zoloft years back. with wellbutrin and zoloft, I was a lot better.

buspar did gently caress all but make me really queasy regardless of my stomach contents, finally off it as of yesterday according to the doc, but I haven't taken it in a while anyhow.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Holy gently caress GI bill

:homebrew:

I can finally afford that 2015 Dodge Charger

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

haha.

gonna be a loving kite in the wind with this goddamn tent strapped to my back. small price to pay to just flop the bastard down and crawl in 30 seconds later.

that pack is gonna hurt after a couple hundred miles

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

what do they have you on? I was more or less like that when I was only on zoloft years back. with wellbutrin and zoloft, I was a lot better.

buspar did gently caress all but make me really queasy regardless of my stomach contents, finally off it as of yesterday according to the doc, but I haven't taken it in a while anyhow.

Citalopram.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Holy gently caress GI bill

:homebrew:

I can finally afford that 2015 Dodge Charger

enlisted.txt

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
never been on citalopram so I couldn't tell ya anything about it.

krispykremessuck posted:

that pack is gonna hurt after a couple hundred miles

gonna have to do for a couple thousand. I have some hosed up hard-on for my old alice pack.

besides, that's what the sleeping pad is for, when properly folded and strapped onto the back of the frame. it's stuffed in the pack in that picture.

just ordered Frank's sleeping pad, rain coat, a new collar, and my rain suit (my set now is basically the old goretex parka and pants set the army didn't want back after deployment). had to order a wheel cover for the rucksack cover with that big loving circle of a tent. first aid kit, boots, and other miscellaneous poo poo are on the way already. got a 15600mAh battery pack for the phone and kindle. without food, it looks like I'll be in the 25 pound range. Frank's getting 2 - two quart canteens to carry on his vest, so about 8 pounds.

unconventional, at best, is going to be the description of my hike.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 5, 2015

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

n/m

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

never been on citalopram so I couldn't tell ya anything about it.

gonna have to do for a couple thousand. I have some hosed up hard-on for my old alice pack.

besides, that's what the sleeping pad is for, when properly folded and strapped onto the back of the frame. it's stuffed in the pack in that picture.

just ordered Frank's sleeping pad, rain coat, a new collar, and my rain suit (my set now is basically the old goretex parka and pants set the army didn't want back after deployment). had to order a wheel cover for the rucksack cover with that big loving circle of a tent. first aid kit, boots, and other miscellaneous poo poo are on the way already. got a 15600mAh battery pack for the phone and kindle. without food, it looks like I'll be in the 25 pound range. Frank's getting 2 - two quart canteens to carry on his vest, so about 8 pounds.

unconventional, at best, is going to be the description of my hike.

I highly suggest watching REI for their garage sales or craigslist for a decent modern pack. I know everyone loves those alice packs but it's some serious stockholm syndrome poo poo. you don't need to spend $500 on an ultralight black diamond pack, but theres a lot to be said for modern internal frame packs with molded hip bolsters.

hook yourself up and get lots of moleskin and blister cushions. put the moleskin on places you even THINK you'll get blisters and use the blister cushions if you start to feel hotspots.

I do about ~500 miles every summer and those blister pads and moleskin are fuckin lifesavers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
yeah, moleskin is gonna be high on the list of poo poo to keep on hand. right up there with permethrin and a citronella candle to coat my balls with wax to keep the ticks off.

I'm not that retarded. wait, maybe.

I'll upgrade from alice someday, just want to hump her up this trail. cost effective, 3~ pounds, durable. obviously a nice pack isn't tremendously expensive, but I'll look into it for next season.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 5, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

you can also check out benzoin tincture

http://www.amazon.com/Compound-Benz...nzoin+tincturew

you can be all special forces and poo poo and inject it into your blisters

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

krispykremessuck posted:

I highly suggest watching REI for their garage sales or craigslist for a decent modern pack. I know everyone loves those alice packs but it's some serious stockholm syndrome poo poo. you don't need to spend $500 on an ultralight black diamond pack, but theres a lot to be said for modern internal frame packs with molded hip bolsters.

hook yourself up and get lots of moleskin and blister cushions. put the moleskin on places you even THINK you'll get blisters and use the blister cushions if you start to feel hotspots.

I do about ~500 miles every summer and those blister pads and moleskin are fuckin lifesavers

I've been using a surplus Marine ILBE pack and it's been great for my purposes. Got it used for like $75. I chopped off a bunch of the excess MOLLE and buckles and poo poo and shaved a whole pound.

I was never a Marine, but gently caress if the ILBE isn't a much better pack than anything the Army ever issued me.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

yeah, moleskin is gonna be high on the list of poo poo to keep on hand. right up there with permethrin and a citronella candle to coat my balls with wax to keep the ticks off.

I'm not that retarded. wait, maybe.

I'll upgrade from alice someday, just want to hump her up this trail. cost effective, 3~ pounds, durable. obviously a nice pack isn't tremendously expensive, but I'll look into it for next season.

lots of deet or if you're a pussy you can use eucalyptus oil. good luck on your trip and I think if nothing else when you pick up a new pack you'll really appreciate it after you and shim's appalachian sweathog adventure

The Rat posted:

I've been using a surplus Marine ILBE pack and it's been great for my purposes. Got it used for like $75. I chopped off a bunch of the excess MOLLE and buckles and poo poo and shaved a whole pound.

I was never a Marine, but gently caress if the ILBE isn't a much better pack than anything the Army ever issued me.

if you ditch the little summit bag or whatever that gay poo poo is on the back, that looks almost exactly like mine, except mine has different ~ergonomic~ padding also doesn't have a gay camo pattern, instead just regular colors and the backpack company's logo

krispykremessuck fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 5, 2015

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

krispykremessuck posted:

I highly suggest watching REI for their garage sales or craigslist for a decent modern pack.

Speaking of, the Tacoma REI is doing their garage sale this Saturday, March 7th. Dunno if the Seattle store is as well, but either way get there early if you want to find the best poo poo.

Edit: looks like just the Tacoma and Olympia stores this weekend.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 5, 2015

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never bothered looking into the ILBE because this pack was already laying around in the garage.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

you can also check out benzoin tincture

http://www.amazon.com/Compound-Benz...nzoin+tincturew

you can be all special forces and poo poo and inject it into your blisters

no thanks. I'll stick to the moleskin. besides, the boots shouldn't be a real issue once they're soaked, stressed and waterproofed. with any luck I shouldn't need socks in them, and they'll be like wearing buttery soft and smooth baby skins.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Speaking of, the Tacoma REI is doing their garage sale this Saturday, March 7th. Dunno if the Seattle store is as well, but either way get there early if you want to find the best poo poo.

thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll profit off of some idiot buying mountaineering boots looking for new hiking boots again

no thanks. I'll stick to the moleskin. besides, the boots shouldn't be a real issue once they're soaked, stressed and waterproofed. with any luck I shouldn't need socks in them, and they'll be like wearing buttery soft and smooth baby skins.

unless you've been hiking like that a lot recently and have built up callouses where your blisters were, I'd highly suggest extra thick wool socks, dude

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

krispykremessuck posted:

lots of deet or if you're a pussy you can use eucalyptus oil. good luck on your trip and I think if nothing else when you pick up a new pack you'll really appreciate it after you and shim's appalachian sweathog adventure

thanks man.

it's going to be interesting. after this, we'll see what's next and what gear I'll be down to keeping for the next trip.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

krispykremessuck posted:

thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll profit off of some idiot buying mountaineering boots looking for new hiking boots again

unless you've been hiking like that a lot recently and have built up callouses where your blisters were, I'd highly suggest extra thick wool socks, dude

I have massive callouses. I almost never wear socks.

oddly, the last blister I got was while wearing thick wool socks. I still have two pairs packed for the trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smart wool socks are worth the price

• Locked thread