Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GreatestLurker posted:

remember when Demott actually seemed sympathetic on that season of tough enough where the trainees actually saw him as a kind of father figure and he cried along with cappotelli? That was kind of cool.

that was my Hugh Morrus story.

Hugh Morrus: Not looking like so much of a complete shitbag when he's standing next to Bob Holly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody, you dumbfuck.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Well that's probably because they are tweeting at gunpoint.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jericho's tweet reeks of not wanting to believe his friend is an psychotic rear end in a top hat.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Jericho's tweet reeks of not wanting to believe his friend is an psychotic rear end in a top hat.

Chris Jericho came up with The Harts, Mexico, and Japan so he probably legitimatly believes it's normal

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Chris Jericho came up with The Harts, Mexico, and Japan so he probably legitimatly believes it's normal

I feel like there's a fundamental difference between what Demott's being accused of and what Jericho went through. Especially because when Jericho attended that half assed Hart camp, most of his training wasn't done by Stu or Bruce, but by a fat ref who was kind of a harmless idiot. He got further training from an old school Japanese dude, but Jericho himself said it didn't last long. I mean, when he met Owen and Bret, they didn't even know the camp still existed by the time Chris and Lance ended up there. Bruce was kind of a dick to him but it's not really the same as Demott being mentally abusive every single day and trying to cover up injuries to save his job. Or pulling a gun on Kevin Matthews.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

To be fair that's what most of his second book is.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I feel like NXT should probably have a better trainer than a never-was jobber that nobody's ever heard of before and who never won a match. Buff Bagwell, notable for being the stuff, has more in-ring experience than Bill DeMott I'm pretty sure.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

I feel like NXT should probably have a better trainer than a never-was jobber that nobody's ever heard of before and who never won a match. Buff Bagwell, notable for being the stuff, has more in-ring experience than Bill DeMott I'm pretty sure.

They debuted the same year. And because Bagwell's work has pretty irregular since WCW folded, and Demott kept working for a couple years after that, they're probably about the same.

Plus you have to factor in Bagwell's missed time due to injury because of his neck.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They debuted the same year. And because Bagwell's work has pretty irregular since WCW folded, and Demott kept working for a couple years after that, they're probably about the same.

Plus you have to factor in Bagwell's missed time due to injury because of his neck.

On the other hand, Buff is a lovable idiot and DeMott is a jealous psycho who should have to shoot fight Brock on live television.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

On the other hand, Buff is a lovable idiot and DeMott is a jealous psycho who should have to shoot fight Brock on live television.

Heh, fair point. I wish they'd hire Jerry Lynn or or Rip Rogers or somebody. Somebody with lots of experience working different styles who can teach the WWE style.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They should put Kane out to pasture and give him a job for life in the Performance Centre. Bags of experience, safe worker, good guy (political views notwithstanding), respected by everyone in the industry. Only problem is he's not poor or desperate enough to need the paltry trainer's salary.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
didn't they hire Adam Pearce to be a trainer or did I imagine that?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

They should put Kane out to pasture and give him a job for life in the Performance Centre. Bags of experience, safe worker, good guy (political views notwithstanding), respected by everyone in the industry. Only problem is he's not poor or desperate enough to need the paltry trainer's salary.

But how does this keep Kane in the main event scene?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I mean the letter's gist was "NXT is pretty much amazing and the rest of the teaching and talent around me is an astounding blessing, but DeMott is not only a vindictive shithead but actively ruins my ability to learn from other teachers who have tried to help me improve. Even specifically in problem areas that DeMott has taken me to task for."

The letter had nothing but nice poo poo to say about Ricky Steamboat for example because, well, Ricky Steamboat.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Only a matter of time before my main man Tracy Smothers is the head trainer for NXT!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

What about all their old tryout opponents and workhorses? Val, D'Lo, X-Pac, Scotty, guys like that would be better than DeMott.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

What about all their old tryout opponents and workhorses? Val, D'Lo, X-Pac, Scotty, guys like that would be better than DeMott.
Iirc D'Lo trained a buddy of mine so he has some sort of experience at that at least!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This is great stuff guys, lets fax over this list of people who would be better trainers than Bill and we can put this whole issue to rest.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

triplexpac posted:

This is great stuff guys, lets fax over this list of people who would be better trainers than Bill and we can put this whole issue to rest.

They probably already have a current phone book in the offices though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jericho deleted the tweet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beau James. Head Trainer of NXT.

Boom.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gallows no

quote:

@ImpactDOC:
2015-03-04 13:36:35 UTC
My 2 cents....@BillDeMott was a great trainer & teacher of young men growing into the wrestling biz....#RESPECT

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gig me like the DeMott.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Aw hell no man

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gallows spends most of Wrestling Road Dairies 2 working through torn quad and reminscing about the days of the business "when men were men" and idolising Jamie Dundee so maybe he isn't the kind of person to look up to

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

oatgan posted:

Gallows spends most of Wrestling Road Dairies 2 working through torn quad and reminscing about the days of the business "when men were men" and idolising Jamie Dundee so maybe he isn't the kind of person to look up to

This week on Wrestling Road Dairies, we're visiting with Erick Rowan at his pasture in the Minneapolis suburbs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

I haven't seen that and certainly don't look up to him, but wasn't Gallows the one involved in the 'donut between the buttcheeks' hazing story that's attached to Demott? I'm pretty sure he was the donutbutt.

e:
NSFW

quote:

Hankinson was not "nearly naked" he was totally naked, the only thing covering his genital area were his hands. He was in the ring nude for approximately 30 - 45 minutes while Demott walked from one corner to the other holding up approximately 18 jelly donuts for Hankinson to "stink face" on both Zack Ryder and Melissa Coates. Ryder and Coates were cheered on heavily by many of the DSW talent who also did not want to train.

I had passed a try out and was paying to be there to learn wrestling and attempt to get a WWE contract but went back to wrestling in Puerto Rico shortly after this incident occurred. I doubt Vince McMahon knew that this type of "training" was going on in his territory and I had assumed him finding out was one of the reasons it was shut down and Demott was let go. Although I disagreed with some of his training methods, I had a good relationship with Bill Demott while I was in DSW and valued the wrestling related advice he gave me.

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/28699-devon-nicholson-talks-what-really-happened-with-the-naked-stinkface

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 4, 2015

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

oatgan posted:

Yea, you'll notice he doesn't actually say the allegations are BS, just that what DeMott does is great and good for the wrestling business

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

triplexpac posted:

Aw hell no man

WHAT?!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

God forbid a wrestler has an opinion on wrestling

lots of wrestlers have really weird opinions very different from normal people

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think a lot of people in the wrestling business are really stupid.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

god forbid people discuss their opinion of the opinion

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lance Storm is a trainer. A good one too, (he and Finlay are partly responsible for teh good womens matches WWE used to have with Lita, Trish, Molly Holly et al). Just saying.

I mean, the wrestlers being subjected to stern humourless rants on why libraries and cancer research are bad, is much better than wrestlers shoving their donut covered arses in each others faces before being yelled at and slapped by a bitter old fat man for wanting a rest.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Storm would be the absolute ideal candidate, but he's not going to move to Florida and he likes small class sizes to maximize one-on-one time with students.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BrigadierSensible posted:

Lance Storm is a trainer. A good one too, (he and Finlay are partly responsible for teh good womens matches WWE used to have with Lita, Trish, Molly Holly et al). Just saying.

I mean, the wrestlers being subjected to stern humourless rants on why libraries and cancer research are bad, is much better than wrestlers shoving their donut covered arses in each others faces before being yelled at and slapped by a bitter old fat man for wanting a rest.

Storm says vaccines give you autism, DeMott says if you need vaccines to stay healthy you are a weak human being oval office that already has autism.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, he's even pitched the idea of having a few smaller schools that guys and girls do a circuit of, like his, and Booker's and a few others, as the learning part, then NXT would just be the experience of working matches and polishing yourself.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Hoot G Rection

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

@wweBalor posted:

I Dropkick the 'R-word' #WWERespect @WWECommunity @SpecialOlympics @EndTheWord

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Someone could probably redesign that wwe logo into a symbiote jaw + tongue.