Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Maybe we could just hunt for scum in-thread?

No?

Oh.. oh okay. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think we could go either way hammering quickly or sitting around generating discussion. Maybe there's something to be gained here. Either way, though, I will insist without any hesitation that we lynch Meinberg at EOD.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd rather wait for a day event so I can finally spend my drat macca :argh:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

True and Real posted:

I think we could go either way hammering quickly or sitting around generating discussion. Maybe there's something to be gained here. Either way, though, I will insist without any hesitation that we lynch Meinberg at EOD.

If I were to reveal my masonry partner, and my flip proved my claim, would you also want to vote them out?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Maybe we could just hunt for scum in-thread?

No?

Oh.. oh okay. :(

I will give you the following deal: I will spare you if you can convince me someone is scum that isn't you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

True and Real posted:

I will give you the following deal: I will spare you if you can convince me someone is scum that isn't you.

I'll need some time. It's starting to get a bit late for me. I don't think I can do quality scumhunting at the moment.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I truly mean it. I'm not going to make it easy on you, but I will approach this with an open mind. Scum hunt as best you can and even pool your mason's talents in secret if you'd like. Whatever you have to do. Find me scum and I will hang them over you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I'll need some time. It's starting to get a bit late for me. I don't think I can do quality scumhunting at the moment.

Will tomorrow night work?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

True and Real posted:

Will tomorrow night work?

Sure, give me 24 hours to have a case.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Sure, give me 24 hours to have a case.

Cool. I'll even take multiple. I just want you to scumhunt the very best you possibly can.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why would he need to convince you when you have a result on him?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

bowmore posted:

why would he need to convince you when you have a result on him?

He might be 3p. Someone recently reminded me that 3ps have the best ability to find scum if perhaps not sharing that information. I would like to see what our friend Meinberg can do. If he can convince me? I don't need to lynch a survivor.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I might have something. But, as part of my broad scope investigation, I was wondering if you'd be willing to claim, Asiina. At this point, we're down to probably just one scum left, so you claiming would help make things a bit more clear.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm a 1-shot vig.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

I'm a 1-shot vig.

And your flavor?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember and I'm pretty sure I deleted my role PM when I cleaned out my inbox the other day. I'll ask Chic to resend though.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

I don't remember and I'm pretty sure I deleted my role PM when I cleaned out my inbox the other day. I'll ask Chic to resend though.

Oh wait, I now realize that the point I was building towards was dumb.

I was thinking that there might be symmetry between the scum teams, but that's just not possible based on the flips thus far.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Chic resent.

I am Commander Gore!

I have no idea who that is :v:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Chic resent.

I am Commander Gore!

I have no idea who that is :v:

Commander Gore is a good guy.

I was feeling a bit unsure about bowmore, but his claim and his knowledge of the town win condition seems to suggest that he either has a fake claim or he's actually town. The behavior of the flipped scum seems to suggest that they do not have fake claims, as even Met failed to provide a flavor claim when he was claiming tracker.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also: I breadcrumbed my flavor/alignment relatively with these two posts:

Meinberg posted:

Personally, I prefer going for the True endings. Gotta keep searching for the truth!

Meinberg posted:

Chie is pretty great. But I don't know, Naoto is also pretty great.

And while it is theoretically possible that I may be Law-aligned, if there are in fact any Law players left, I don't think I would have bussed Met so hard as scum, and I'd like to think that he wouldn't have used personal attacks if I had explained to him what I was doing.

Anyway, by process of elimination, I think I've gotten my potential scum list down to three people, who I will now look at in further depth:

EXAKT Science
Rurea
Rarity

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Meinberg posted:

Also: I breadcrumbed my flavor/alignment relatively with these two posts:

And while it is theoretically possible that I may be Law-aligned, if there are in fact any Law players left, I don't think I would have bussed Met so hard as scum, and I'd like to think that he wouldn't have used personal attacks if I had explained to him what I was doing.

Anyway, by process of elimination, I think I've gotten my potential scum list down to three people, who I will now look at in further depth:

EXAKT Science
Rurea
Rarity

Hi there. Its not me, if that helps. Ill look at rarity and exakt also!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg! I am dancing to your spell!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

True and Real posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RpplrQdOE0

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

True and Real posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfuhElKlrU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Exakt hasn't been too active lately, and there's not a ton in his post history.

I'd break down his scummy behavior into two different categories.

First, his knowledge with regards to the setup.

EXAKT Science posted:

I have a pretty strong suspicion that we're dealing with more than one scum faction.

Exakt is the first person to put forth the idea of multiple scum teams. It seems a logical guess from the flavor of the game, but no one else had mentioned it until Exakt mentions it here.

EXAKT Science posted:

You asked me to elaborate on my point, and I did. Now you're dismissing it out of hand because the OP says nothing explicit about it, even though it does say there are unconventional mechanics and we have someone claiming to be Good aligned. What's your win condition, bowmore?

And then here he fishes for the Neutral win condition from bowmore, which would make sense if the scum team does not have a Neutral fake-claim or knowledge of their win condition.

EXAKT Science posted:

Okay so absent other information, it would appear that the three of us share a common goal.

And after hearing it confirmed by Tithin, Exakt says this which just feels weird to me.

Second, we have Exakt's interactions with flipped scum.

EXAKT Science posted:

Yep. Hurt is scum. capps agrees with me, I'm sure.

This post could be seen as some attempt at distancing from Hurt, and the fact that he appeals to capps seems to be an indication that he thinks that capps should do the same.

And here he is, trying to get some pressure off of Met, which results in some pressure getting put on him.

The rest of his post history, Exakt is defending himself, dealing with day event stuff, and worrying about the mod kill.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If we're not in LyLo, I'm a good candidate. I'm vanilla, haven't won any challenges, and honestly don't have the energy to do the rereading I'd need to help scumhunt properly.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity goes after Hurt and Met pretty hard, and there seems to be a fair amount of genuineness to it. I don't think that she'd bus two team mates two days in a row. Also, her willingness to get rid of me seems like poor play for the last member of a scum team.

I don't think it's Rarity.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hm, I think there's an easy way to handle this.

Rurea, I'd like you to claim.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sure. Im Black Frost. Neutral Vanilla.
I had an item that Tithin bought that gave me a one-shot roleblock and I used it on little mac two nights ago.
I re-read exakt and I don't think he is scum. I can buy him being a lazy uninterested vanilla.
My top picks right now are bowmore and little mac

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

id also be cool voting a confirmed 3p

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

sorry, *claimed* 3p. not confirmed

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rurea posted:

My top picks right now are bowmore and little mac

Uhhhh....

You know Little Mac is cleared, right?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The exchange starting here between Rurea and Met is weird:

Met posted:

Hey Rurea, are you claiming Vanilla Townie?

I have cooled a bit on Rurea's Little Mac-Hurt connection gambit, especially after Rarity claimed that she had done it as scum in the past. Also, that Rurea chose to focus his attention onto Big Nothing, rather than Met in its aftermath.

Also, all of his promises to read people and make cases that never materialize.

I think it's either Rurea or Exakt.

It's in your hands now, town, to decide whether I live or die.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Meinberg posted:

Uhhhh....

You know Little Mac is cleared, right?

Oh I guess I skimmed over that.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I re-read through Bowmores posts and there isn't really anything of substance.

Hal is still alive right? He hasn't posted in almost a week.

Little Mac posted:

This is going to sound weird but I think Met is town. Hear me out: Met's tone seems really legit to me, like he's just exasperated that so many people are after him. He also responded to Diqnol's post really fast with a list of notes and to me this seems more like someone who is actively trying to solve the game. The formatting of the "notes" post seems like he copy-pasted it from a file and not re-typed it from a scumdoc. I think this is the wrong move. I do not want to vote Met.

I'd rather re-focus on Rurea, who made his weird puppet master move earlier and then voted Met with a really weak vote starting this whole bandwagon. Then, after voting, he's pretty much vanished entirely, seemingly content to watch everyone else run with it. I don't like it and I don't like this vote. Rurea has not just been all over the place, he's been actively detrimental to town I believe twice now yet still gets away with it. ##vote Rurea

This post along with BN's investigation clears little mac for me.

I like Bowmore and Hal right now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bowmore is the other survivor.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

True and Real posted:

I'm not, I'm Neutral aligned

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

True and Real posted:

Did I miss something else? Was this confirmed or is this just a guess

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I don't feel like writing the flavor for this but the demon Femme Atropos is up for auction, with a starting bid of 30,000 Macca.

Use the command ##bid (x) Macca to bid, Auction ends sometime tonight probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##bid 30,001 macca

• Locked thread