Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

DoctorWhat posted:

Stop saying "jesus wept".

S6 thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Fast Luck posted:

Thankfully no

Which is great, because I cannot stop myself from a seven-hour long binge-watch if they're all up at once.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Gervasius posted:

Was that J.K. Simmons at 0:12?

Looked more like Dave Koechner to me.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Are new episodes 22 min or 30? Will Yahoo Screen run ads? Do we even know?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Am I the only one who was super disappointed and is now super worried?

I didn't think any of that was funny (okay, that's not true, the exchanged look at "New Shirley" was a laugh) and it looked like some season 4 level wackiness for the sake of wackiness. Keith David didn't seem to fit the vibe and Abed said a Big Bang Theory catchphrase. There wasn't any sign of the characterisation I like or anything super interesting. The mid-season 3 trailer was way more interesting than this. :smith:

And why the gently caress is a TRAILER region locked?!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah they said they were going back to the outdoor shots at the school from season 1. Great change.
This is definitely a positive but...hrmmmmmmmm...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hahaha this looks great. I'm very optimistic.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Are new episodes 22 min or 30? Will Yahoo Screen run ads? Do we even know?

25 minutes, yes it's ad supported

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

VagueRant posted:

Literally the worst thing that can happen is 13 mediocre or lovely episodes of TV. That's hardly worth getting super worried about.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm tenatively optimistic after watching that

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
If there's any other Australians here, season 6 will be streaming on Stan. No idea if they'll have it same day as the US though.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I'm getting Season 4 vibes from the trailer, I hope I am wrong.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

ETB posted:

I'm getting Season 4 vibes from the trailer, I hope I am wrong.

It's a pretty good trailer I thought. I'm not too interested in the brief glimpses of concept episodes, but everything else looks really nice. Will it be good? No idea. It will probably start better than it finishes. Will it be at all like Season 4? Probably not.

I'll miss Shirley but she was given so little to actually do that I'm not sure she's that big of a loss. In Season One, sure, but now...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DoctorWhat posted:

Stop saying "jesus wept".

At least it's not "The darkest timeline".

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It looks like some promising episodes hidden underneath a kinda lovely marketing-department-built-trailer that picked out the most cliche clips because that's what marketing does.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

VagueRant posted:

What you're trying to tell us is you... don't have the hope to run out of steam?

MikeJF posted:

It looks like some promising episodes hidden underneath a kinda lovely marketing-department-built-trailer that picked out the most cliche clips because that's what marketing does.

This is definitely my take. Probably a bit intentional with the movie trailer riff, but that's hard to call.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought it was pretty funny but I'm going to withhold judgement until the episodes air because I am not a giant shitloard

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

I didn't think any of that was funny (okay, that's not true, the exchanged look at "New Shirley" was a laugh) and it looked like some season 4 level wackiness for the sake of wackiness. Keith David didn't seem to fit the vibe and Abed said a Big Bang Theory catchphrase. There wasn't any sign of the characterisation I like or anything super interesting.

I'm totally with you. I saw the fat kid with glasses yelling about frisbees and I was like "not this poo poo again." Shouldn't he have graduated by now?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The average Community College student attends school for five to seven years!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

In It For The Tank posted:

And you have to assume students at Greendale are generally worse than the average Community College student.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

In It For The Tank posted:

And that's one of the beauties of Community College. I go to one, and I squeeze in classes in between short IT contracting stints. I'm going to see if I can take the next year off and just plow through the rest of the classes I want to take, but it still may be scattered around a bit, depending on the school schedule and what jobs I come up with.

Only thing I have to watch out for is my math score; I'm in a STEM program, and if my math scores expire, I'm locked out of the higher level classes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Looks like Dennis Feinstein went into directing. :v:

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Interesting that they seemed to be pushing the season wide plot a fair bit in that trailer. Makes me wonder how serialised it will be, especially given that Dan has said this week that they're way behind and basically filming things like a soap opera with pages being printed off on the day. I'm not sure why the show insists on having these wonky admin politics season arcs when they are consistently Britta'd and uneccesary to begin with. What's wrong with a weekly reset?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If they were smart, they'd get Kurt Russell to do a cameo where he keeps referring to Keith David as "Childs" and they both keep reminiscing about 'Antarctica' but when pressed for more info by Abed being his usual curious self, they suddenly talk about something else. Anything else.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Binary Badger posted:

If they were smart, they'd get Kurt Russell to do a cameo where he keeps referring to Keith David as "Childs" and they both keep reminiscing about 'Antarctica' but when pressed for more info by Abed being his usual curious self, they suddenly talk about something else. Anything else.

Abed vs Keith David in a 15 minute fight over something like a notebook.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

bobkatt013 posted:

Abed vs Keith David in a 15 minute fight over something like a notebook.

If there isn't one They Live reference, I'll rewatch Season 4.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Action Man posted:

If there isn't one They Live reference, I'll rewatch Season 4.

poo poo.. Not worth the risk, imho.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Viginti posted:

Interesting that they seemed to be pushing the season wide plot a fair bit in that trailer. Makes me wonder how serialised it will be, especially given that Dan has said this week that they're way behind and basically filming things like a soap opera with pages being printed off on the day. I'm not sure why the show insists on having these wonky admin politics season arcs when they are consistently Britta'd and uneccesary to begin with. What's wrong with a weekly reset?
He's done that bit. Sounds like he wants to push himself.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
True. I'm definately not against serialisation, I just don't know why it's always about who is going to own the university when I don't imagine anyone watching cares about that. It could also be that all of the footage was taken from one episode - likely since they are still filming - and the season won't be serialised at all in this way, i'm just bullshitting based on what little we have to work with. It looks funny enough, but I would have been happy for Harmon to move onto something new, hopefully the gimmick episodes will be good enough to justify the ressurection.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Viginti posted:

True. I'm definately not against serialisation, I just don't know why it's always about who is going to own the university when I don't imagine anyone watching cares about that. It could also be that all of the footage was taken from one episode - likely since they are still filming - and the season won't be serialised at all in this way, i'm just bullshitting based on what little we have to work with. It looks funny enough, but I would have been happy for Harmon to move onto something new, hopefully the gimmick episodes will be good enough to justify the ressurection.

My problem was with the gimmick episodes, because it seemed like Harmon couldn't reign himself, and found himself doing full blown parodies. Like in "The Science of Illusion", where Shirley and Annie become security, he used tropes from stereotypical cop dramas and used it to enhance the story, but by season 5's "Basic Intergluteal Numismatics", it's a full blown parody, down to being shot and lit like a police melodrama, which, to me, just isn't as clever or funny.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hearing that they are behind filming again has taken some of my confidence. I was kind of hoping Yahoo would reign that poo poo in a bit and lead to a more polished product, but I guess not. Still enthusiastic.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I didn't think any of that was funny (okay, that's not true, the exchanged look at "New Shirley" was a laugh) and it looked like some season 4 level wackiness for the sake of wackiness. Keith David didn't seem to fit the vibe and Abed said a Big Bang Theory catchphrase. There wasn't any sign of the characterisation I like or anything super interesting. The mid-season 3 trailer was way more interesting than this. :smith:

And why the gently caress is a TRAILER region locked?!
This is definitely a positive but...hrmmmmmmmm...

It's a trailer. It's not supposed to blow all of the jokes, and everything's out of context anyway.

friendlyconsumer
Nov 26, 2007

Focus on caring and sharing and listening and hugging and, uh...

Spooning.

Creature posted:

Matt Berry's been posting 'cryptic' messages about 'Community spirit' on Twitter over the last day or so, culminating in a whole-group shot with the main cast. I love everything that man does, so I'm pretty keen to see how they use him.

He also references "Chase" a few times, did anyone see that?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I'm more worried about the region locking on all the previews. They promised to cut that poo poo out. :canada:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No, it's smart. Because there's no way anyone will be putting episodes of Community online with no adverts that anyone can watch within minutes of it being released. Definitely no people they could've reached with advertising there whatsoever.

TBH it's a miracle that Yahoo are even still in business in 2015.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Torrenting a show that streams free online is the most internet thing ever.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Irish Joe posted:

Torrenting a show that streams free online is the most internet thing ever.

It's the natural evolution.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

EL BROMANCE posted:

TBH it's a miracle that Yahoo are even still in business in 2015.

Yahoo's worth billions of dollars somehow. They're getting into TV because they want to spend that money on something.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PriorMarcus posted:

Hearing that they are behind filming again has taken some of my confidence. I was kind of hoping Yahoo would reign that poo poo in a bit and lead to a more polished product, but I guess not. Still enthusiastic.

They're not behind filming they're behind on writing

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

No, it's smart. Because there's no way anyone will be putting episodes of Community online with no adverts that anyone can watch within minutes of it being released. Definitely no people they could've reached with advertising there whatsoever.

I'm sure Yahoo would love to stream it worldwide, but for various reasons, contracts, unions, other dumb rights issues, they probably can't, at least not right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Toxxupation posted:

They're not behind filming they're behind on writing

If they weren't it wouldn't be Community.

• Locked thread