Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

sleepy.eyes posted:

What the hell was he trying to do? Why was he even stopped?
Probably broken down - stalled while in the queue and not able to restart.

More to the point, was that a Porsche Carrera GT you were following?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Mooseykins posted:

A rare event. In fact, so rare, here's another! If i didn't have video evidence, even i wouldn't believe that a BMW driver could do any wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iM_zi3ZoPc

Yeah yeah yeah, dickhead BMW driver and all, but is that a Porsche Carrera GT that was ahead of you in line?

E:FB God drat it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah yeah yeah, dickhead BMW driver and all, but is that a Porsche Carrera GT that was ahead of you in line?

E:FB God drat it.

Yes, 100% a CGT

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

sleepy.eyes posted:

What the hell was he trying to do? Why was he even stopped?

Don't know. Seemed like he'd broken down, but the driver was just sat in it texting, oblivious to everything going on around him.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

Had a customer complain one time that we broke their cigarette lighter after we'd done an MOT test on the car (inspection, nothing removed, lighter not even touched).

We looked at it and it was working fine, as it turns out the customer had tried to use it without the key in the ignition. Customer left without a word.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Got a good one in the vein of the OP. electrical diagnosis because when this guy disconnects his battery his car doesnt work.

https://i.imgur.com/tJaBJjl.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mooseykins posted:

A rare event. In fact, so rare, here's another! If i didn't have video evidence, even i wouldn't believe that a BMW driver could do any wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iM_zi3ZoPc

I didnt see a bmw there but I may have been distracted.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

nm posted:

I didnt see a bmw there but I may have been distracted.

I know what you mean. That black Touareg is rather eye catching.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

His flashers were on, but he didn't try to get over, even when I was blocking for him. He was quite happy to stay in the left lane. :sigh:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Someone got upset with me this morning for going 20....In a school zone.

Edit : 20 is the speed limit in a school zone around here.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

mariooncrack posted:

Someone got upset with me this morning for going 20....In a school zone.

Edit : 20 is the speed limit in a school zone around here.

I had a cop pull me over for going too slow, then realized we were in a school zone. He was a real dick till he realized he screwed up. I kinda wish he had written me a ticket.

Today's lovely people: It's pouring over here in North Texas, so everyone's driving 10 miles an hour, except for the 4wd brotrucks changing lanes at 50mph to splash people waiting at bus stops.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Yesterday I was taking my wife some coffee at work and had some guy following me 1' off my rear bumper in a Dodge Caliber, raging because I was doing 30 in a 25 MPH residential zone and stopping at stop signs!!! :derp:

He tried to pass me in a no-passing zone several times and always had to dodge back because of oncoming traffic, and finally managed to cut me off after getting around me in a turning lane where the road went out to two lanes, and then abruptly had to stop at a red light.

Only caught the last ~30 seconds on camera.

nitrogen posted:

I had a cop pull me over for going too slow, then realized we were in a school zone. He was a real dick till he realized he screwed up. I kinda wish he had written me a ticket.

I love the "hard rear end until they realize they totally hosed up" response out of law enforcement. I had a PA state trooper tell me I was under arrest for driving with a false license because my Ohio driver's license didn't come up in the system when he ran it as a PA license run through the same routine :downs:

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Got stuck behind someone in an SUV with break lights that were either broken or blacked out so successfully you couldn't see them at all. It was about an hour of stop and go traffic on a two lane road. It was not much fun.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

sleepy.eyes posted:

Got stuck behind someone in an SUV with break lights that were either broken or blacked out so successfully you couldn't see them at all. It was about an hour of stop and go traffic on a two lane road. It was not much fun.

I see tinted tail lights and get the gently caress away from those people as quickly as possible.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Another awesome driver from yesterday's drive into the office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8sjRPAvan4

Also, you can just barely catch his front bumper in the video, the guy behind this winner almost ran the red left arrow by blindly following our enterprising SUV driver into the intersection without actually looking at the light.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I was waiting to make a left turn in the industrial area of where I work (10 mph speed limit, and you go through two sets of guards to get in). Someone passed me on the right and then cut in to the same left I was about to make.

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

GramCracker posted:

I see tinted tail lights and get the gently caress away from those people as quickly as possible.

I've seen tinted head lights before :psyduck:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

ijustam posted:

I've seen tinted head lights before :psyduck:

I just assume that those people have some sort of traumatic brain damage.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I assume people with tinted headlights are the same kind of people to fit ebay HIDs, so it evens out in the worst possible way.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have tint on my tail lights. Looks pretty good but I wouldn't do it if my car wasn't black.

Headlights are a nope for me though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
For the truly discerning car owner, you need a set of blackout headlight COVERS:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

I have tint on my tail lights. Looks pretty good but I wouldn't do it if my car wasn't black.

No, gently caress you.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Sometimes cars look a lot better with taillight tint. Subarus with clear lenses for example:

http://www.northwestautosalon.com/2011/06/subaru-wrx-hatch-back-tail-light-tinting/

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

PCOS Bill posted:

No, gently caress you.
Rude. You can still tell when they're on. In fact there's a bigger difference between on and not on with the tint, so really Im doing everyone a favor.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cage posted:

Rude. You can still tell when they're on. In fact there's a bigger difference between on and not on with the tint, so really Im doing everyone a favor.

If you just don't brake, ever, it doesn't matter how dark the tint is. So problem solved, or use the handbrake or just stick it in reverse or something.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cage posted:

Nothing is ever as bright as clear lenses.

NO TINT APOLOGISTS

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Geirskogul posted:

Nothing is ever as bright as clear lenses.

NO TINT APOLOGISTS

In terms of visibility, a slightly opaque cover will diffuse light from a point source vs a completely transparent cover. Think frosted light bulb vs clear.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
You can get them as an option on Porsches.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bajaha posted:

In terms of visibility, a slightly opaque cover will diffuse light from a point source vs a completely transparent cover. Think frosted light bulb vs clear.

I understand. But I've been jaded too often by autoforums and craigslist, where people who state "mild tint" really mean "Rustoleum Barbecue Black". And then the fuckers spray the outside of the lens, even!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
A few years ago I had a cop tailgating me in a torrential downpour. I came across a lot of standing water in the road and had to brake hard to avoid driving into it. The cop had to swerve to avoid hitting me and threw on his lights to stop me thinking I had brake checked him. I guess he saw the water because he turned the lights off and then sheepishly drove around the flooded section of road and off into the night. Dick.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

`Nemesis posted:

A few years ago I had a cop tailgating me in a torrential downpour. I came across a lot of standing water in the road and had to brake hard to avoid driving into it. The cop had to swerve to avoid hitting me and threw on his lights to stop me thinking I had brake checked him. I guess he saw the water because he turned the lights off and then sheepishly drove around the flooded section of road and off into the night. Dick.

Gotta love brake checking..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dL4DPm-DE

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

This video makes me happy.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

The Locator posted:

This one is also good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7fDB0DmCo

YOU FUCKAN' MUPPAT!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Oh man that is so good, go post that in the schadenfreude thread immediately

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Locator posted:

Nursin' a semi right now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

`Nemesis posted:

Oh man that is so good, go post that in the schadenfreude thread immediately

Where is this bundle of joy thread?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
PYF. It turns into a shitstorm every now and then tbh

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mooseykins posted:

This one is also good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7fDB0DmCo

YOU FUCKAN' MUPPAT!
Why on earth did they do that? Truck was in the inside lane, on an empty road, they had as much overtaking room as they could have wanted.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
No idea why they did that, the fact that people out there do that though is why I bought a dashcam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

InitialDave posted:

Why on earth did they do that? Truck was in the inside lane, on an empty road, they had as much overtaking room as they could have wanted.

For the same reason people with anger management problems shove their fist into a wall and break their fingers.