Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Deadpool posted:

Wouldn't Agent 33 becoming Madame Masque be more appropriate than Madame Hydra?

Maybe, but what with Masque's history with Tony, I think Madame Hydra is the safer bet.

edit:

OB_Juan posted:

His hero is Captain America, and he considers the Avengers his friends.

With the possible exception of Tony.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I just realized this ep didn't have any Ward in it. They really should have killed him off.

You know exactly what you're doing here son.

Also Raina was obviously based on Quill

presumably as a gently caress you to Sony that yo mutants are inhumans now see you in court.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mikeraskol posted:

Edit: I'm not sure I'd be so dismissive of this as "anti-climactic" anyways. There are already cracks forming in the team, as seen by the argument outside Skye's isolation chamber and Simmons' ranting. Plus the strong hints that Skye is going to leave to either go to Muad'dad or be mentored by other Inhumans.

I cannot see any possible world where Skye is messed up enough about her new powers that Mr. Hyde seems like a great option.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I cannot see any possible world where Skye is messed up enough about her new powers that Mr. Hyde seems like a great option.

She could accidentally kill off some more team members.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Xtanstic posted:

She could accidentally kill off some more team members.

Except she didn't kill Tripp. The terrigen crystal did that when he kicked it. All she did was...finish the job.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So glad I can start making gifs of the show again. :allears:

Cal continues to be the best

Maybe Skye's secondary power is time/space manipulation :tinfoil:

Just needed Coulson to be at a baptism during all of this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

Hyde laid out his plan. Find folks on the Index, drum up some conflict between them and SHIELD, try to shove a wedge into Skye's head between how they treat her and how they treat others like her. It sounds like Hyde's going to be responsible for monster-of-the-week episodes, while Raina/Inhumans are the overarching complication (along with the missed Hydra guy and whoever Mack/Bobbi are working for [my money's on Talbot not being as incompetent as he looks, because that would be pretty hard to do]).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Was it that dark in the episode? I remember it being daytime.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Ensign_Ricky posted:

With the possible exception of Tony.

I hope Coulson's in whatever movie's doing Civil War. I doubt it, but hope for it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

Also Raina was obviously based on Quill

presumably as a gently caress you to Sony that yo mutants are inhumans now see you in court.

Mutants are with 20th Century Fox.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

PunkBoy posted:

I am seriously considering changing my av to Muad'dad doing something amazing like this. :allears:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Was it that dark in the episode? I remember it being daytime.

It was obviously shot during the day and then had a load of filters dumped on top of it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Phylodox posted:

It was obviously shot during the day and then had a load of filters dumped on top of it.

That's the thing, I don't remember any filters. Either my brain automatically compensated or the version on my TV was clear as day. I remember noting how clear the shot of Raina was, basically as bright as that picture of Quill (aside from skin color).

I have not yet ruled out the possibility I may be insane.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Bruceski posted:

That's the thing, I don't remember any filters. Either my brain automatically compensated or the version on my TV was clear as day. I remember noting how clear the shot of Raina was, basically as bright as that picture of Quill (aside from skin color).

I have not yet ruled out the possibility I may be insane.

I had the same memory as you, for the same reason (Raina), and I just checked and it is indeed fairly dark like in the gif. The establishing shot has a moon in the sky, even.

While fastforwarding through the show I did notice that almost the whole show is kinda dark and seems to have a similar cool shady filter, so it is possible we both did some mental compensation for that. :iiam:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I clearly remember the scene being set at night and really dark, I hope this isn't another blue dress thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I watched it late last night and remembered it as being bright. But I just played it back and, yep, it's dark.

Seriously, this shot was good enough for a movie.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

I watched it late last night and remembered it as being bright. But I just played it back and, yep, it's dark.

That shot of "Quill" makes me laugh at how much better Raina looks than something that was supposed to be done for TV. It's so effort, it looks like someone just photoshopped him. Those X-Men movies may have had expensive effects but they just had the worst style.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

My main thought after that scene was "well, there goes the effects budget for the rest of the season." Good use of color and everything.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I watched it like 3 times in a row when I first saw it, and again the next day. Its just so... awesome!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I really enjoy this show. I thought Simmons went a little too far with her anti-powers thing, hopefully it dials back some :ohdear: I honestly forgot about ol' eyeless dude so his appearance at the end was cool. I feel like that has happened to me once or twice before with this show too, and I've watched almost all of it without commercials even.

Phylodox posted:

Day for night?

The MSJ posted:

Mutants are with 20th Century Fox.

It would be super cool if Marvel just had all the rights for everything.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

myron cope posted:

I'm sure Disney is working on it. They already got Sony to loosen their death grip on Spider-Man.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

myron cope posted:

I don't know introducing mutants at this point would just be bad and wouldn't really gel well with the MCU.

Now Fantastic Four and Namor? That poo poo needs to come back to Marvel

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know introducing mutants at this point would just be bad and wouldn't really gel well with the MCU.

Hey, Cap's brain was frozen for a few decades, maybe he lost some memories during the thawing process. Awesome memories, ones that are triggered when he sees a sexy jerk in a speedo throwing a cruise liner into an oil rig.

:smith: I just want an Invaders movie.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

achillesforever6 posted:

Namor should be played by Neil Patrick Harris in a speedo and he should hit on everything that moves.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

DukeofCA posted:

I'm sure Disney is working on it. They already got Sony to loosen their death grip on Spider-Man.

Sony Films is so hosed right now that they need any assistance they can get.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah the only reason Spider-Man is going to be in the MCU is because of how hard they got railed. Short of a similar event Fox will own Xmen forever. Though given the state of Hollywood IT I'm a little surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Agent Carter special effects breakdowns.

Y'know, for some reason it never occurred to me that most of those buildings had to have been CGI.

Good job, I suppose!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

XboxPants posted:

That shot of "Quill" makes me laugh at how much better Raina looks than something that was supposed to be done for TV. It's so effort, it looks like someone just photoshopped him. Those X-Men movies may have had expensive effects but they just had the worst style.

Raina was mostly shown in shadows, covered up or from a wide angle and also always with very low lightning. Quill was shown in a well-lit barrack supposed to be Vietnam. Not the environment you want to show such prosthetics.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

Y'know, for some reason it never occurred to me that most of those buildings had to have been CGI.

Good job, I suppose!

Hell, these days they bluescreen people walking in and out of courthouses on whatever Law and Order is still on the air.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BrianWilly posted:

Good job, I suppose!

GG, never expected so much CG to be used at all. That's impressive

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

That goes a long way to explain why SHIELD looked so low budget to me this week (final scene excluded) compared to Agent Carter's period look.

They put a lot of effort into it, I hope they give it a second season (if they haven't already).

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Not knowing much about the greater marvel universe my theory is that Bobbi and Mack had need of the toolbox for a personal matter, like finding a friend or relative that wasn't disclosed to Coulson because of reasons.

That being said, I was super disappointed with how low budget the alien city scenes were. Oh well.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think Bobbi and Mac are working for someone else and I am inclined to think it is Talbot but only because I am not entirely sure of the dialogue of their final scene in the episode.

For some reason, though, I get the feeling that they don't think they're working against the team.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Bobbi and Mack are skrulls. Season 3 is going to be Secret Invasion. Big reveal for mid-season cliff-hanger? Tripp was a skrull and they rescue the original so he re-joins the cast.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

XboxPants posted:

Hey, Cap's brain was frozen for a few decades, maybe he lost some memories during the thawing process. Awesome memories, ones that are triggered when he sees a sexy jerk in a speedo throwing a cruise liner into an oil rig.

"Why didn't you guys check before you mutated the gently caress out of these dolphins."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Or when he is volunteering at a homeless shelter and sees a man with a sweet beard. The homeless man also sees a dog and a barrel, which he finds ridiculous.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Why would the Skrulls (and I didn't even know who they were until yesterday, reading some Marvel wiki...jesus gently caress that stuff is convoluted) need Nick Fury's toolbox? I mean, they're shapeshifting aliens with amazing technology.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

ashpanash posted:

Why would the Skrulls (and I didn't even know who they were until yesterday, reading some Marvel wiki...jesus gently caress that stuff is convoluted) need Nick Fury's toolbox? I mean, they're shapeshifting aliens with amazing technology.

To know all of SHIELD's best kept secrets and thus better co-opt them?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Phylodox posted:

To know all of SHIELD's best kept secrets and thus better co-opt them?

There was also a Skrull-Kree war in the comics, so maybe that will tie into this as well? I dunno, I was reading Wikipedia articles about it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Everyone's a skrull! Mockingbird's a skrull! Hyde's a skrulll! You're a skrull! I'm a skrull!

Something Skrullful

• Locked thread