Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Voting to attack, plus the following:

If Megabite shuts down would the blind hungry animal even give a poo poo about the inanimate speed bump? The skulls can zoom up into the ceiling and then there's just us.

Oh wait it's just us and our terrifying cyberdog which is now underneath the animal and about to activate and chew it's way into the thing's delicate underbody like a big metal botfly.

Edit: Can we turn this thing into a giant armored servitor?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Do not mock the holy form of man by granting His gifts to xeno scum. This beast is useful so long as it obeys, but it is unworthy of the True Flesh.

Edit: Seriously, servitors are made out of humans for religious reasons. The tyranid servitors were very explicitly heretek.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Maglev Grace
If you float without rhythm, you won't attract the Osedex.

Then you distract it with skulls so you can ride it.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
For clarity, a vote to fire off our guns is not a vote to fire off our wedding ring, right? "Just" our hellgun and baleful eye?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How far out can we extend out mechandendrites? Use our tentacles, skulls, and voice amplification to convince the thing we are much bigger than it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

School got canceled cuz of snow (yay!) so Imma chomp out an epic fight scene later today.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Yay for epic fight scenes! We await the carnage eagerly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

GIS result for giant worm fight

So there

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:eyepop:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Slaanesh was Arc 1 :colbert:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
It is by my will alone I set my heels in motion?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

LowellDND posted:

Slaanesh was Arc 1 :colbert:

Slaanesh is arc everything. :colbert:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Slaan posted:

Slaanesh is arc everything. :colbert:

Im not seeing much hedonistic excess at the moment :colbert:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Today’s music: Sunless Sea Soundtrack

Confidence

The Wurm was a monstrous thing. Thirty meters long if it were a centimeter, it dominated the chamber, a hulk of mass and chitin. It stank, at that, and your auspexes ran over it with a frustrated gaze. It lacked a face as such, instead being a set of mouths, a multi-ton collection of hate and hunger. You looked at it speculatively, even as you told Megabite to stay still.

It looked similar to some of the creatures you had studied on Golgotha, actually, when you weren’t sure of what the xenos were. This was not a Tyranid, of course. Even the most insane Inquisitor wouldn’t bring a Tyranid to a Conclave (although…). Instead, it was a subterranean monster, sensitive to vibrations, devouring all. Even as you activated your Maglev Grace, you wondered at what message the Wurm was trying to send.

It was an adequate trap, if prepared against someone who wasn’t expected to know what an Osedex was. The physical barriers of the walls would stop your basic weaponry, and the cyberdefenses were quite impressive. You weren’t sure they were Inquisition grade, or just very good, but they had slowed your approaches considerably.

As for the Osedex - was it an honest assassination attempt? Why would someone try to kill you before the Trial had even started? Was Siadwell that concerned about his chances? Did someone not want you to testify for some reason you didn’t know? Or was it an accident, meant for someone else? Even a simple misfire of the Machine-Spirits might unlock this thing’s chamber as someone walked by it. Or, most likely in your opinion, was it a test? Seeing what you were capable of, seeing how much of your reputation was earned?

Quite frankly, that seemed the style of the Istvaan you were intending to meet.

You didn’t want to reveal your full talents - hacking an Inquisition defense would show considerable skill, and using Fabiyan’s gift would reveal resources you didn’t wish to. Instead, you would rely on your own knowledge of it’s weaknesses, and improvise a defense based on your strengths. That of the Omnissiah and His will - the Machine-Spirits that dominated all.

A whisper of binary, and your skulls were airborne. Dana, Lachesis, Clotho, and Atropos. You weren’t sure if the beast could hear things, although you were willing to bet against it. However, you were certain it couldn’t see - all of your records had been quite clear that it hunted by vibrations. As such, you ordered your skulls to tap the ground and then leap into the air, a quick sequence that would give the impression of a running human.

The response was immediate. The Wurm spun, and began chasing them. However, a beast of its bulk was unable to turn quickly or chase at any given speed. It was fast, to be sure, particularly given its size, but it wasn’t servoskull fast. They literally ran circles around it, and it began to spiral in place, a creaking mess of chitin and rage.

From there, it wasn’t particularly difficult. Firing full clips the length of its hide would have done little, to be sure. However, the skulls moved at a predictable pace, and so too did the Wurm. You could make a count - six, seven, eight, fire, and your palm hellgun and eye implant would fire, raking it in almost the same place every time. It began to slow, even as it continued to try to chase the ‘human’ that was shooting it. Your counts reduced - twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fire..

It took almost three clips, but soon stopped in its tracks, a great gouge torn out of its flank. You weren’t sure if it was dead or grievously injured, but it was sufficient for your needs. You reached out with your mind, began working on the Machine-Spirits that had kept you here. Before you could really get to work, the far side opened.

A plain looking woman with short blonde hair looked over at you. “I tried to break through as quick as I knew what was happening. It looks like you didn’t need my help though.” And then she smiled.

What do you do?

A. She was obviously behind the trap. Ambush her as soon as you can.
B. Be snarky about her timing, but otherwise play nice.
C. Act as if this is normal for you, and talk to her about the trial.
D. No assurance this is your point of contact. Get more info.
E. Something Else

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
D

Trust no-one.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

D Just brush it off, ain't no thang! Act like this happens all the time but yeah no trust for this person yet.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
C

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

D. "Frankly I'd be worried at the point when people stop trying to kill me. That's when I know I've become irrelevant."

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

d who are you?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

D

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

D

Trust no-one.

Dark Heresy in a nutshell right here.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

D. "Frankly I'd be worried at the point when people stop trying to kill me. That's when I know I've become irrelevant."

Dis right here

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This gets my vote

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Never ending one liners

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

HiHo ChiRho posted:

:whatup:

Voting for this

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Yup

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
That D.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This + examining the dead beast for anything useful. Clues to its wrangler, ID barcodes, tags, any spare tech etc.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This in a matter of fact voice.

Claim the carcass as ours and have it shipped to our magos as a present.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We're a Rogue Trader/Inquisitorial Agent, let's start acting like one!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Haha, this!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Outrail posted:

This in a matter of fact voice.

Underrated post here. If the inquisition is going to try to bury us in mysteries, turning the assassination attempt right back around into favors is exactly our style.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Outrail posted:

A rogue trader always turns life's lemons to profit/political gain.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Claim the carcass as our own and have it for dinner. Invite Sillyman.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Have Megabyte pin her rear end to the floor and growl, while we ask what the gently caress the big idea is.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
One liner plus Magos present.

Also, roll FL: Inquisition to see if we can identify this person by any scars, clothing, trophies, etc. she may have. If we can ID her that'll impress her further.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HiHo ChiRho posted:

That was easy.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That was easy.

Once you figured out to stay still/float, I didn't have many options :D

I have a quiz later today, and then SPRING BREAK. Goal for the week is to get two submissions to Ghostwoods, and increase my output towards normality here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

LowellDND posted:

Once you figured out to stay still/float, I didn't have many options :D

I have a quiz later today, and then SPRING BREAK. Goal for the week is to get two submissions to Ghostwoods, and increase my output towards normality here.

Personally I feel that your abnormal writing is a great boon.