Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
"Somewhere in time...
We welcomed in the fall. But in the distance we can see, shining clear, our demise to be...

We're not listening to ourselves."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i8IUm08DAk

Day 1 has begun!

kumba fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Cardinal Ximenez, Chic Trombone, Ernie., Good Sir, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MiltonSlavemasta, Opopanax, Rurea, Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 08th, 2015 at 10 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Oops, that should say 10pm!!

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Cardinal Ximenez, Chic Trombone, Ernie., Good Sir, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MiltonSlavemasta, Opopanax, Rurea, Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 08th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 22 hours.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Y'know metal's not really my thing usually but I'm really enjoying the song from my PM a lot actually

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, town again.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also hello my friends :sun:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Confirming I'm a badass.

##vote KB

That guys always scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm just going to put this out there now, if this could be one of those games where i don't get dunked then that would be pretty cool.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

i'm just going to put this out there now, if this could be one of those games where i don't get dunked then that would be pretty cool.

##vote somber

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

tbh your avatar gives me the heebies and i'd dunk you solely for it, your old av was way better

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i've been picking up my partner's half of rent for a while and i'm poor a lot of the time and shouldn't waste money buying a decent avatar ~.~

i'm actually kind of hugely frustrated by the life choices that led to me being poor all the time, but depression.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

##vote somber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

tbh your avatar gives me the heebies and i'd dunk you solely for it, your old av was way better

also this is a scum post

##vote Chic Trombone

You're pushing the dunk towards me without backing it up with a vote. I'm sure you'd say you're joking with that reasoning but in my experience jokes are usually very convenient for scrums because it allows disingenuous play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote somber TUR-BO TUR-BO TUR-BO

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

##vote somber TUR-BO TUR-BO TUR-BO

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I don't want to turbo guys

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

I don't want to turbo guys

jerk

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming. Please don't kill me night 1 again, that sucks.

CapitalistPig posted:

Confirming I'm a badass.

##vote KB

That guys always scum.

This is true, but part of the reason you know this is you are ALSO always scum.

##vote Cpig

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

also this is a scum post

##vote Chic Trombone

You're pushing the dunk towards me without backing it up with a vote. I'm sure you'd say you're joking with that reasoning but in my experience jokes are usually very convenient for scrums because it allows disingenuous play.

I've actually made it my policy not to vote in jokephase, I think doing so is silly and disadvantageous

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

I've actually made it my policy not to vote in jokephase, I think doing so is silly and disadvantageous

How?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Because she hates fun apparently.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Because she hates fun apparently.

I do not :colbert:

I do think it gives scum an opportunity to fling votes around in an attempt to get something to stick, though, and any bad votes they make are then explained away as ~jokephase~ instead of being identified as scummy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##unvote I was just kidding somber! I don't want you to get dunked.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So having listened to a couple of these songs now, I have to admit, they are totally not my thing.

I normally like Prog rock, so no clue why.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Chic how long has that been your philosophy on joke votes? Got any other games as evidence that this isn't a made up philosophy?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow I just watched the corresponding video for my flavor and it totally ruled.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi everyone. Confirming that I have the best flavor/role/song/everything :boom:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Chic how long has that been your philosophy on joke votes? Got any other games as evidence that this isn't a made up philosophy?

Since coming off my hiatus, so like 4 games or thereabouts. I have a few games that support this but i'm on my tablet rn so i cant dig them up atm

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also a little sad I'm not :regd10:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

King Burgundy posted:

So having listened to a couple of these songs now, I have to admit, they are totally not my thing.

I normally like Prog rock, so no clue why.

I don't actually think they're particularly prog metal tbh I think they're more in that weird techy hardcore genre that straddles it that bands like Between the Buried and me occupy.

On the other hand from what I can tell at least two songs by them are named after swords from squaresoft games and thats prog as gently caress.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Let's play a game

##vote no lynch

Who am I?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

Let's play a game

##vote no lynch

Who am I?

Capitalistpig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

Let's play a game

##vote no lynch

Who am I?

Taste!

What do I win?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I've decided that this is now my flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

King Burgundy posted:

I've decided that this is now my flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk

Confirmed Priest of the Temple of Syrinx.

---

Anyways, confirmed! Welcome back everyone.

(please don't shoot me)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

Since coming off my hiatus, so like 4 games or thereabouts. I have a few games that support this but i'm on my tablet rn so i cant dig them up atm

I think that's silly because votes are the only thing that ever move the game out of jokephase. I guess that's not really scummy since it's totally subjective.

I'm going to keep my vote where it is though. I don't like meta arguments, especially when someone is talking about their own meta.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rurea posted:

Let's play a game

##vote no lynch

Who am I?

Also a weird post that serves no real purpose other than to drag us further back in jokephase.

You didn't even have a response for KB!

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Somberbrero posted:

Also a weird post that serves no real purpose other than to drag us further back in jokephase.

You didn't even have a response for KB!

We're not in jokephase still?

Well, I guess it's not like there's firm lines in the sand.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

We're not in jokephase still?

Well, I guess it's not like there's firm lines in the sand.

I don't like jokephase at all so I might be predjudiced. I just want to get to the part where we're all screaming and fighting.

Do you have any thoughts on what I posted about Chic? I feel like her attitude towards me in that post where she deliberately didn't vote me is scummy. I know that's her self-professed meta, but town don't care about flinging votes in jokephase and scum definitely do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

I don't like jokephase at all so I might be predjudiced. I just want to get to the part where we're all screaming and fighting.

Do you have any thoughts on what I posted about Chic? I feel like her attitude towards me in that post where she deliberately didn't vote me is scummy. I know that's her self-professed meta, but town don't care about flinging votes in jokephase and scum definitely do.

NO Stop it, you arent going to make this jokephase last like 10 seconds.

• Locked thread