Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

pkid posted:

Correct.

Another kid who grew up on the Peninsula who became a big Sainters supporter.

No wonder he seems so bummed out all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
If they were serious about the anti-homophobia game they'd do it in the season proper.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

gabensraum posted:

If they were serious about the anti-homophobia game they'd do it in the season proper.
Yeah seems like tokenism to me. Would rather they didn't do it at all.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

gabensraum posted:

If they were serious about anti homophobia they would issue cease and desists to bigfooty for using the AFLs IP

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Why Freo and Sydney? Do they have a higher % of gay fans or something?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

Why Freo and Sydney? Do they have a higher % of gay fans or something?

Sydney: home of the gay mardi gras
Freo: the team in purple, like that gay teletubbie :haw:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Fremantle proper is a pretty progressive area discounting the fact that they got a lot of eagles overflow members

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gough Suppressant posted:

If you listen to anything other than the east coast Grandstand team by choice you are a godless heathen.

Amen. Nothing like Saturday mornings with the Coodabeens followed by the footy commentated by people who actually know what they're on about.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

gay picnic defence posted:

Amen. Nothing like Saturday mornings with the Coodabeens followed by the footy commentated by people who actually know what they're on about.

I caught Drew Morphett's last call during the cricket season - he'd been made redundant by Abbott's ABC cuts I believe. Anyway, they played a career retrospective of him on Grandstand and it was brilliant.

Obviously he was a fantastic footy commentator but some of his other calls, especially the cycling in the Olympics were brilliant.

Shame he won't be on the air this season.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm going to be really pissed when Gerard goes corporate and they turn him into what Dennis has become. It already almost happened once.

I quite like Anthony Hudson out of the non abc people

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So about as expected then.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

I quite like Anthony Hudson out of the non abc people
He's easily the best TV caller going around and it's a disgrace that he gets shunted to the early afternoon on twilight Saturday games on foxtel

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Shmoses posted:

He's easily the best TV caller going around and it's a disgrace that he gets shunted to the early afternoon on twilight Saturday games on foxtel

On the plus side, that's often Melbournes timeslot. Although we seem to universally get Dermott Brereton and friends week in week out.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I'll laugh if after all the fuss made about the fill-in players by various pundits and football clubs the team of also rans and has beens ends up beating St Kilda.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

gay picnic defence posted:

I'll laugh if after all the fuss made about the fill-in players by various pundits and football clubs the team of also rans and has beens ends up beating St Kilda.

Care to enlighten us how thats going to happen?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

pkid posted:

I caught Drew Morphett's last call during the cricket season - he'd been made redundant by Abbott's ABC cuts I believe. Anyway, they played a career retrospective of him on Grandstand and it was brilliant.

Obviously he was a fantastic footy commentator but some of his other calls, especially the cycling in the Olympics were brilliant.

Shame he won't be on the air this season.
Yep. He'd been in broadcasting a while - he came in about the same time as Tim Lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImaiRcDGbO4

I don't think he was that good at commentating cricket to be honest but when it came to football he was pretty good at conveying the mood of the game.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Campell Brown is gonna be on expert commentary as part of this years VFL broadcasts on channel 7. I can get behind Nigel Carmody and Jason Bennett as the lead callers but Brown is just such a meathead that I won't be able to take him seriously.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
:siren: Giants re-sign Jeremy Cameron on $5 million over 5 years

e: full story
The All Australian key forward will instantly join the AFL’s rich list on a five-year deal which will earn him more than $4 million.
Cameron rejected the overtures of a host of Melbourne clubs who were circling and an offer from the Adelaide Crows which was even bigger than the one he signed with GWS.

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 5, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TG-Chrono posted:

:siren: Giants re-sign Jeremy Cameron on $5 million over 5 years

Welp, that kills that trade rumour good and proper, now we can find someone else to fantasise over.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Campell Brown is gonna be on expert commentary as part of this years VFL broadcasts on channel 7. I can get behind Nigel Carmody and Jason Bennett as the lead callers but Brown is just such a meathead that I won't be able to take him seriously.
God this is such a joke. Why do they keep giving airtime to thugs.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"poo poo, which teams probably resonate the most with the homosexual community?"

"Well.. Freo's got Purple on their guernsey, and Sydney is Sydney...."

"Sorted then."

Shmoses posted:

God this is such a joke. Why do they keep giving airtime to thugs.

Because they have 0 other skills.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Hahahahahahaha so after Essendon made so much loving noise about not playing anyone from the 2012 list to protect the anonymity of players facing suspension, they've gone ahead and named 4 in their squad anyway.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Saw that last night, thought it was a bit funny. Just narrows down who out of the list are receiving infraction notices. Are Monfries et alia not participating in the NAB challenge either?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
dermott Brereton is such a loving idiot.

"When the ball enters the Dockers forward line, they're generating secondary possessions, when the ball enters the Melbourne forward line, the Dockers defence is running it out with ease.

Melbourne's entire score has come from turnovers in their forward half.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Good to see Melbourne have turned up properly after being competitive for a little while. 1 point in over a quarter of football.

tom mcdonald has bulked up a lot. I don't know how sam frost gets a run in the forward line in a team that includes dawes, gawn, pederson, hogan and jamar

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 5, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That chip kick is a summation of how this season will unfold for Melbourne right?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

That chip kick is a summation of how this season will unfold for Melbourne right?

Nah, cause no one injured themselves

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
zac dawson just said that one of his teammates had clocked up 200,000km running during the off season. I knew Ross Lyon worked his players hard, but that seems slightly excessive even for him.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Good to see that umpires haven't stopped calling holding the ball for lack of effort when they're completely blindsided to the contest :allears:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
HAHAHAHHAhA and then silvagni just puts his hand up and shrugs in the tackle and the umpire doesn't call it holding. Solid work, a++

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

zac dawson just said that one of his teammates had clocked up 200,000km running during the off season. I knew Ross Lyon worked his players hard, but that seems slightly excessive even for him.

Can you think of a better way to stop Colin Sylvia looking like Darren Jarman?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

How long have you been waiting to post that?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

How long have you been waiting to post that?

2 years.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
It was worth the wait.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
those 2 consecutive kicks...

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
...those 3 consecutive kicks

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
For those not watching, Jamar gets a free 5 metres out on an angle, sprays the kick on the full to the opposite side. The kick in attempts to cross, and hits the opposite point post on the full. The resulting free kick puts it out on the full on the opposite side.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

zac dawson just said that one of his teammates had clocked up 200,000km running during the off season.

I'm not convinced that is actually humanly possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Obviously the umpires taking note of their directions to just "do whatever the gently caress the crowd reckons" with the holding the ball rule

• Locked thread