Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What happened? I think I passed out there for a minute. Anyone got any more whiskey?

Oh hey ANarc, you've been really quiet so far. Who are your top 3 scum picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yuming posted:

ok so, I am very tired and nothing jumped out at me in the past couple pages.

Nothing jumped out at you from a whole load of suspicion on GG? You don't have an opinion on him despite the fact he's posted more than enough to get a read from?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, back to Hurt's vig.

yuming posted:

Amni feels like a shot out of the blue and it's weird/makes me suspicious of Hurt.

I looked back and Hurt hadn't had a chance to post much so far. His interaction with Amni was really the only one he'd had with somebody so I can see that while for us it looked more random, to him Amni would be sticking out more so I'll give him that. Beyond that, yuming's right that the vig came out of nowhere so for me it's hard to get a real good read on it. I'm not sold on Hurt being town but I'm not confident he's scum so ##vote Ghostly feels better today.

And while I remember, Meinberg I don't think you ever showed me an example of capps being clear and concise.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Max posted:

My move last night was take a chance and not blow the investigation yet in the hopes that I don't get NK'd just yet. The second quote you posted is what I thought at night, which was that there were enough good leads that I could hold off. Likewise, for the protection, I didn't have a clue beyond maybe I would be targeted for the kill, so I chose not to use that as well.

Then I saw PMom was targeted as the kill when the day started and was surprised by that choice. Someone else said it's probably because getting Pmom lynched seemed difficult, which is why they were taken out. I know it's kinda useless to figure out why someone may have been targeted, but I had a quick thought that maybe the scum figured I would use the investigation on PMom, find he was town, and say so the next day? Honestly, I'm probably overthinking it, and they could have just as easily targeted me in that scenario, unless they were scared they blow a nightkill on someone who is likely protected.

I dunno. That's how I worked it out in my head. I still chose not to use anything last night.

I still think you made a mistake here, but I can't reconcile your claimed play as a scum fakeclaim.

I can see a scum fakeclaiming JOAT. I can't see scum then claiming to not use the JOAT powers; the JOAT claim gives a mask for scum to do what they want at night. If scum fakeclaimed JOAT, they would use that fakeclaim. Ironically, because of the mistake I think you made in not using the powers last night, you also look like town.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

I was willing to give you a chance because it was a plausible claim. I don't like it today because you claim to have not used your cop investigation and I really don't see a good motivation for your not doing so. Like I said, worst case scenario, assuming you're telling the truth about having the cop in the first place, you hit a townie and we have one person we don't have to worry about for the time being.

Yes, it was a bad move. But what motivation would scum have for claiming to have not used it? It's the perfect smokescreen for scum to be seen moving at night.

Ok, after reading through it, I have two thoughts. First, there's a major change in how Ghost has approached today versus D1. It's a shift from one extreme (a vote on Max that he couldn't be bothered to defend) to the other (case everyone, but in ways that don't seem internally consistent with each other). For instance, look at Rarity, Hurt, and yuming. In all three, he mentions soft posting of some sort, and yet treats them differently when discussing them. Or look at the discussion around capps, Max, and me, the three high post leaders, and notice how he mentions a lot of things we're all doing and then drawing different conclusions from each. I think he felt obligated to make the post, that over night a scumbro told him "You need to make more cases" and he took it to the far extreme. And because he felt obligated, it comes out sounding fake when you compare how he treats one person versus another.

Second, look at the formatting of that post. It's written in a way that would make sense if it came from a Google sheet, with where the breaks are in it. Because the line breaks are not the same for each paragraph. If it was Word or a text file, even with hard returns the breaks would be in the same place for each. I think he wrote this is in a sheet with each part in a separate column with different column widths, and the only reason to type this up in a Google sheet and not Word or notepad is if you're sharing it with others.

##vote Ghost

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote capps

##turn to page 22

Is this a serious vote on capps?

Asiina posted:

This mafia game got a little too real.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I said I think it heavily involves Dr. Hurt in some sort of way and there's two ways to see it. One would be scum wanting to force their hand or shine light on the vig issue and make PMom flip. Alternatively, like you pointed out (but I think is less likely) is where scum are scared of a janitored vig. That would involve Dr. Hurt bussing his own teammate beforehand. There is the 3rd option of Hurt being town and the kill not involving him in the thought process at all. I don't see it.

My thought process is not conflicted at all if that's what you're trying to spin. I just think it heavily involves Hurt and think there is far more chance of the former happening. Bussing is nowhere out of the realm of possibility, albeit unlikely I feel right now.

I'm not spinning anything. You're literally saying that either scum killed PMom to implicate Hurt, or Hurt bus-shoot Amni. It leaves you open to vote Hurt while making a town call on him due to perceived scum intentions; if Hurt flips town, you now can say you were right but if need be you're still able to reference the bus and vote him.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

GG has read mostly town to me up until that mega-post. Scum always do that megapost. I've sworn on it for years. But usually it's in different context - GG has been pretty active. I've seen lurking scum use it a lot as a way to catch up and act like they're putting in mega-work when they're just puking opinions. GG has been active in discussion and is a newer player so it's not as worrisome but I still don't those posts in general.

And here's another waffling post. "Scum always... but..."

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I just needed to be sure. I am trusting you, so I ask that you trust me. I'm not worth your vote. I may be an idiot, but I think I could be useful to you if you have abilities that will help in ferreting out actual scum.

Ghost, you're at -2. I'd suggest you claim and reveal whatever you're hinting at here. Is it a gun? It sounds like a gun.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sorry, only child syndrome. Pipes froze at my parent's house.

yuming posted:

##vote Dr. Hurt

As I explained at the end of the day yesterday, I felt really strongly that Amni and Hurt's interactions read as fake.

The shot came out of nowhere.

I've had such a strong feeling that this kill was orchestrated. It's the strongest feeling I have, so I'm voting with it.

I'd prefer to test out Hurt via something other than a lynch, considering he shot scum D1. Could it be a bus? Yes. Do I see any reason to lynch him for it? No.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll be at work during deadline but I'll probably have a break at some point.

I really do think Capps is scum in this one, but I'll look elsewhere tomorrow

capps isn't scum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

This is risky as hell but it does make me feel more confident about your claim being legit cause I think scum would just fake a town reading on somebody.

This was my point about Max; I'm glad someone else sees it, too. If scum had fakeclaimed JOAT, I don't see them claiming to have sat on it N1.

Rarity posted:

I don't understand the difference between Asii and Exakt here. Surely your read on Asii is based on her posting, cause that's all we have to go on. I also don't like how hedgey it is.

Like I pointed out before, Ghost has several places where he makes distinctions between people for no reason I can see. I think it's because the things he is saying are fake and he's not able to keep a consistent mentality in his casing.

Rarity posted:

Oh hey ANarc, you've been really quiet so far. Who are your top 3 scum picks?

I'd like this as well. I like Rarity's posting today, and feel a lot better about her today than yesterday.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The "Dammit Byers" was more because we were independently casing the same people at the same time :v:

GG I agree with Byers that you really ought to claim.

Max, you should definitely cop someone tonight.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yikes, looks like the heat is on.

Byers2142 posted:

Yes, it was a bad move. But what motivation would scum have for claiming to have not used it? It's the perfect smokescreen for scum to be seen moving at night.

Ok, after reading through it, I have two thoughts. First, there's a major change in how Ghost has approached today versus D1. It's a shift from one extreme (a vote on Max that he couldn't be bothered to defend) to the other (case everyone, but in ways that don't seem internally consistent with each other). For instance, look at Rarity, Hurt, and yuming. In all three, he mentions soft posting of some sort, and yet treats them differently when discussing them. Or look at the discussion around capps, Max, and me, the three high post leaders, and notice how he mentions a lot of things we're all doing and then drawing different conclusions from each. I think he felt obligated to make the post, that over night a scumbro told him "You need to make more cases" and he took it to the far extreme. And because he felt obligated, it comes out sounding fake when you compare how he treats one person versus another.

Second, look at the formatting of that post. It's written in a way that would make sense if it came from a Google sheet, with where the breaks are in it. Because the line breaks are not the same for each paragraph. If it was Word or a text file, even with hard returns the breaks would be in the same place for each. I think he wrote this is in a sheet with each part in a separate column with different column widths, and the only reason to type this up in a Google sheet and not Word or notepad is if you're sharing it with others.

##vote Ghost

I can't defend myself entirely, I'm about to brave snow to try and get to work where I'll waste time and try to defend myself some more. BUT I'm not sharing anything with anybody. It was a big post that I was working on while posting was still going on, I had several tabs open and took notes in notepad in a small window. I pressed enter when the text would run out of the field of view, but I applaud you on that sleuthing. Anyhow... I found a potion that can restore any one time use move.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I can't defend myself entirely, I'm about to brave snow to try and get to work where I'll waste time and try to defend myself some more. BUT I'm not sharing anything with anybody. It was a big post that I was working on while posting was still going on, I had several tabs open and took notes in notepad in a small window. I pressed enter when the text would run out of the field of view, but I applaud you on that sleuthing. Anyhow... I found a potion that can restore any one time use move.

What, did you keep resizing the notepad window after each pieces was written? If you were hitting enter at the edge of the window, there should be a ruler's edge beyond which the text doesn't extend that is consistent the whole way down. Your size isn't consistent, so either you were using different sized windows for each, or you're lying.

If you live through today, you should give the potion to Max tonight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Notepad window sizing? Is this really what we've come to?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Notepad window sizing? Is this really what we've come to?

Look at the post and tell me something's not fishy there. Look, if you wrote all of that in the same notepad, you should see all of the text extending to around the end of "feeling," in the bit about EXAKT, so the red line below as the cut-off. But we don't see that, especially not in the first few, as shown by the blue lines illustrating the gap between what is and what should be.

(Note, colors may not be what I say, I am colorblind.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't have a clue what Byers is on about but I want to believe so hard :allears:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nah, It's just a small notepad window. I'd type and just hit enter as it came to it, but really it is a stretch going after the notepad sizing.

Look, when I'm dead because that's how it is looking, Just revisit the stuff I brought up. I am willing to bet at least one of the people I suspected as scum is scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No, I resize notepad windows all the time. Besides, docs don't wrap like that, they copy pretty well actually.

But this whole thing is so incredibly tedious. This point was by far the weakest in your argument.

I do find it suspicious that this was the one thing GG decided to focus on though.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Nah, It's just a small notepad window. I'd type and just hit enter as it came to it, but really it is a stretch going after the notepad sizing.

Look, when I'm dead because that's how it is looking, Just revisit the stuff I brought up. I am willing to bet at least one of the people I suspected as scum is scum.

You're typing like you're dead, but you never claimed your role. You only claimed your item. What role are you? Did you get any information out of last night? Those are the kind of things you should be claiming.

Asiina posted:

No, I resize notepad windows all the time. Besides, docs don't wrap like that, they copy pretty well actually.

But this whole thing is so incredibly tedious. This point was by far the weakest in your argument.

I do find it suspicious that this was the one thing GG decided to focus on though.

I agree, weakest point, but it's what he contested so it's what I'm responding to.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rarity posted:

Ok, this looks really fake. Taste had literally just entered the game, all he'd said was 'hi'. That's not a point where you'd even be thinking 'I'm not sure about Taste', you'd just be thinking 'oh Taste is in this game I guess'.

In regards to this at least, the only reason I would be skeptical is because if EccoRaven was scum and TT replaced her, would TT also be scum or would he enter as town. That's all I mean. I wasn't just immediately suspicious of them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

You're typing like you're dead, but you never claimed your role. You only claimed your item. What role are you? Did you get any information out of last night? Those are the kind of things you should be claiming.

I agree, weakest point, but it's what he contested so it's what I'm responding to.

Vanilla. I'm just a run of the mill scrub. I can do nothing at night, except now I have this potion that could benefit the town. That's my only good thing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also just for the record, why would I need to share a file with someone when I have PMs, E-Mail, Any other possible form of communication. Also those are all bad ideas, surely a real scum would try and do a better job at faking lovely ideas.

Those are just my legitimate thoughts, bad or not.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Byers2142 posted:

I'm not spinning anything. You're literally saying that either scum killed PMom to implicate Hurt, or Hurt bus-shoot Amni. It leaves you open to vote Hurt while making a town call on him due to perceived scum intentions; if Hurt flips town, you now can say you were right but if need be you're still able to reference the bus and vote him.

And here's another waffling post. "Scum always... but..."

Ghost, you're at -2. I'd suggest you claim and reveal whatever you're hinting at here. Is it a gun? It sounds like a gun.

Well no poo poo. I'm acknowledging that there is a chance that both could be scum, but I would not want to vote either today. GG just claimed and I believe it. Hurt's bussing is a possible thing but to straight up jump to that assumption is a faulty way of town voting. We didn't even vote anybody the first day.

It's not "leaving the door open to get cred" - it's realizing there are two avenues to every player in this game and the most likely scenarios. If Dr. Hurt was bussing his teammate, doing it at THAT point in time would make less sense than doing it a day or 2 later because of the limited contact and "planning" that people have accused him and Amni of.

Saying "you're waffling because you're leaving the door open to them being town/scum" is such a black and white and straight out wrong way to look at mafia. Unless there is a confirmed town, I'm never going to feel comfortable with any player.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Ghostly Gangsta (5): Byers2142, EXAKT Science, Max, Byers2142, AnonymousNarcotics, Rarity, Byers2142
Dr. Hurt (1): yuming
Max (1): mr.capps
mr.capps (1): Asiina, Asiina, Asiina, Asiina, Tremendous Taste
Byers2142 (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (5): Asiina, Deadbeat Dad, Dr. Hurt, Ghostly Gangsta, Meinberg

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 05th, 2015 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 6 hours, 15 minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
DBD, vote for somebody. Show us where you stand.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Well no poo poo. I'm acknowledging that there is a chance that both could be scum, but I would not want to vote either today. GG just claimed and I believe it. Hurt's bussing is a possible thing but to straight up jump to that assumption is a faulty way of town voting. We didn't even vote anybody the first day.

It's not "leaving the door open to get cred" - it's realizing there are two avenues to every player in this game and the most likely scenarios. If Dr. Hurt was bussing his teammate, doing it at THAT point in time would make less sense than doing it a day or 2 later because of the limited contact and "planning" that people have accused him and Amni of.

Saying "you're waffling because you're leaving the door open to them being town/scum" is such a black and white and straight out wrong way to look at mafia. Unless there is a confirmed town, I'm never going to feel comfortable with any player.

I forget, have you given your top three scumreads? Or answered the cop/doctor/shoot question?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rarity posted:

DBD, vote for somebody. Show us where you stand.

I've been in the process of a semi-lengthy post in the last 30 minutes. I will.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

I forget, have you given your top three scumreads? Or answered the cop/doctor/shoot question?

Why would I answer a hypothetical question about a role I don't have? This might be the least effective way to gain any sort of opinion when you figure that most people are going to lie in their answers.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Why would I answer a hypothetical question about a role I don't have? This might be the least effective way to gain any sort of opinion when you figure that most people are going to lie in their answers.

Because it generates content and forces people to talk about their reasoning. I'd like us to take a much closer look at DBD tomorrow, especially if GG flips scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I can guarantee that anyone in this game who would answer that question would be answering it about at least two roles they don't have. Why are you so resistant to it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I've been in the process of a semi-lengthy post in the last 30 minutes. I will.

Make sure you format it correctly

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

Because it generates content and forces people to talk about their reasoning. I'd like us to take a much closer look at DBD tomorrow, especially if GG flips scum.

I don't need to generate content by answers your faux lovely hypotheticals. There is 0 to gain from that. I can picture you sitting at your desk, trying to decipher answers of scum naming people they're scum with for the cop/roleblock answers and etc.

Alternatively, IF gg is lynched (stop assuming he will be) and flips town, you bet your rear end I'll be itching to look at you as well.

We got a lot of time in these caves, bubba.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't need to generate content by answers your faux lovely hypotheticals. There is 0 to gain from that. I can picture you sitting at your desk, trying to decipher answers of scum naming people they're scum with for the cop/roleblock answers and etc.

Alternatively, IF gg is lynched (stop assuming he will be) and flips town, you bet your rear end I'll be itching to look at you as well.

We got a lot of time in these caves, bubba.

Would you shoot me if you had a gun?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

I can guarantee that anyone in this game who would answer that question would be answering it about at least two roles they don't have. Why are you so resistant to it?

What the gently caress does this mean?

I understand your first question, top three scumreads, but if you read my history you will see. The second one is just flat out silly. I've been in the process of a bigger post but I keep stopping it to answer your nagging.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What the gently caress does this mean?

I understand your first question, top three scumreads, but if you read my history you will see. The second one is just flat out silly. I've been in the process of a bigger post but I keep stopping it to answer your nagging.

I mean that even someone with one of those roles would be giving answers for two that they didn't have. It's still a useful thought experiment. As far as your top three scumreads, I guess I see myself, Rarity, Max? Is that right? Rereading you, I don't see all that much substance or willingness to commit to reads.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
FWIW, Meinberg is active in his other games but not this one. I would vote him today.

gently caress it. ##vote Meinberg contribute please.

I don't feel comfortable voting GG.

I think if somebody has their mafia buddy shot to death D1 they're not going to make a big stupid megapost for no reason like GG and be all over the place. He didn't have to do it. It wasn't like he was doing nothing in the game.

Like I said, under most scenarios, somebody in the position of, let's say, Meinberg would be the type of person to make that post and that would be an immediate vote.

His claim seems believable.

EXAKT Science posted:

yuming I hope you're town. We've never been on the same team in a game before~

This post is horrible. I don't like this interaction.

Actually wait.

yuming posted:

##vote Dr. Hurt

As I explained at the end of the day yesterday, I felt really strongly that Amni and Hurt's interactions read as fake.

The shot came out of nowhere.

I've had such a strong feeling that this kill was orchestrated. It's the strongest feeling I have, so I'm voting with it.

I hate this vote even more. You seem like you put more effort into votes than this. You write interactions as if there was more than one or two. There are tons of things people are posting that don't seem ~right~ and the FIRST thing you go to is a Dr. Hurt bus. The likelyhood of this happening is possible, but not probable. It feels like a pretty low effort vote and you're entirely rolling the dice on you being right on a D1 bus.

yuming posted:

I will post soon but not right now ok! :sparkles:

I. HATE. THESE. POSTS. Yeah I actually didn't hate Dr. Hurt going to the movies! I just don't want to be informed! I don't want to be informed when you will not be here! That's scummy!

yuming posted:

Here I am I'm reading since I last posted.

again

yuming posted:

I was glad to have something worth voting on I will say, because nothing weighty/worth commenting on had happened yet.

yuming posted:

Let's go back to this again too. Throughout the entirety of yuming's game, apparently nothing is happening and the biggest theory she has is the Dr. Hurt bus.

##unvote
##vote yuming

If GG flips town, I would not like Science either. I don't like his interaction with yuming, but I'm torn with you. I've tunneled on town as town before and I don't want to get into that with you just cause you annoy me a bit. Byers reads my posts wrong like he's coming from a different opinion (scum) and is picking my posts apart weirdly since everybody else seems to understand what I'm trying to convey. 0 waffles here bucko.

Also if Max does some weird poo poo with his role again, yes I would vote him as well. I see the JOAT as such a convenient claim for scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Yuming

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

Would you shoot me if you had a gun?

Not at the moment. Depends on a potential GG flip, other factors,

EXAKT Science posted:

I mean that even someone with one of those roles would be giving answers for two that they didn't have. It's still a useful thought experiment. As far as your top three scumreads, I guess I see myself, Rarity, Max? Is that right? Rereading you, I don't see all that much substance or willingness to commit to reads.

Rarity has looked better recently, but I don't like the "hard opinion on Hurt" thing and then just not doing anything with it. Max claimed and it's not a role you would want to lynch if you're town so I have to believe him for now right? But like I said, if he's not actually a JOAT and he; has an excuse every night for his powers not working or refusing to use it, well..

You're not in my top 3.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote yuming

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the weird behavior you are seeing from yuming is there, but i dunno it doesn't seem scummy, just holding off from something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

mr.capps posted:

the weird behavior you are seeing from yuming is there, but i dunno it doesn't seem scummy, just holding off from something

To be fair I always have this weird scummy feeling with yuming but it doesn't always translate into her being scum.

• Locked thread